Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Various drugs not covered by other forums Discussion of Psychoactive drugs that do not have a specific forum

Old 28-12-2010, 05:21

29 y/o Male from United States
tarthwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Ropinirole? Just wondering if this new drug has any recreational value.

A friend of a friend has 3mg of ropinirole. This person wanted to know if this dosage would be safe to take at once, as they are wanting to test the recreational value of such a drug. They were also thinking of taking 40mg of amphetamine salts with it because they do not want to fall asleep while undertaking this experiment.

This person has done some reading on ropinirole and has not found any danger noted in drug interaction with amphetamine salts. The theory in the mind of AFOF is that the amphetamine salts would work to cancel out the sleepy effects of ropinirole and allow them to experience the psychoactive effects.

Is this a worthless endeavor for trial? more importantly is this a potentially dangerous endeavor?
Old 28-12-2010, 07:36
Silver Member

Female from Australia
Oblomova is a decent psychonaut.Oblomova is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 140, Level: 1 Points: 140, Level: 1 Points: 140, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarthwell View Post
A friend of a friend has 3mg of ropinirole. This person wanted to know if this dosage would be safe to take at once, as they are wanting to test the recreational value of such a drug. They were also thinking of taking 40mg of amphetamine salts with it because they do not want to fall asleep while undertaking this experiment.

This person has done some reading on ropinirole and has not found any danger noted in drug interaction with amphetamine salts. The theory in the mind of AFOF is that the amphetamine salts would work to cancel out the sleepy effects of ropinirole and allow them to experience the psychoactive effects.

Is this a worthless endeavor for trial? more importantly is this a potentially dangerous endeavor?
tw, your friend has probably encountered references to titrating the dose of ropinirole, generally starting at 0.25mg. The reason is that side effects such as postural hypotension, with or without dizziness, nausea, syncope and sweating, are likely to occur. This is most likely when treatment is initiated or dosage is changed.

Ropinirole is used to treat the movement disorders Parkinsons disease and restless legs syndrome (Ekbom's syndrome). I have heard tell that a certain person, prescribed ropinirole for over 3 years, found it to have 0, zero, zilch recreational value. Not psycho-active, not euphoric, not even remotely pleasant. Someone with a well-developed willingness to exceed instructions was never slightly tempted to stray from the script. And has now discontinued the drug as not particularly effective.

However there are a couple of posts here from folk with a different idea of recreation from that movement-disordered person. Fair enough. Takes all types and all that. But I think that restless person would recommend that, before your FOaF ingests the 3mg by whatever means, read the previous posts in this thread, noting the mention of dosages. For example,
Quote:
.5mg insufflated had a pretty pronounced effect. He says he can't even imagine insufflating 3mg, let alone 5mg!
As for danger, probably for your carpet - keep a bucket handy!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Useful info re Adverse Effects
Old 28-12-2010, 08:37

29 y/o Male from United States
tarthwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

so after more research, AFOF decided to go ahead and try the ropinirole and amphetamine salts combo, taking 40mg of amphetamine salts, and 1mg of ropinirole to begin. They recorded experience as follows

1130: took 40mg amphetamine salts
1145: took 1mg ropinirole orally, starting with low dosage to beware of adverse effects having never taken this medication previously.
1200: feeling kinda loose, slightly euphoric. seems to have taken effect rather quickly. talked to wife on the phone, felt perhaps a little slow in formulating responses or at least getting them out.
12:15: feels like a constant buzz, as if after having smoked a cigarette. feels slightly nauseous, however this is a reported side effect.
12:30 feels very nauseated, agitated. lays down on couch. has also a tingling sensation especially in fingers and toes.
1:45 feeling ok, gets up and immediately feels nauseus again and proceeds to throw up. throwing up remedied nausea, however they feel lightheaded and have trouble moving from sitting to standing positions due to this coming on whenever they try. they get really flushed and hot whenever they move around a lot and have trouble going up stairs. after making it up the steps (about 20) they had to lay down again because they felt as if they would faint.

2:15 got up and moved around some, still feeling off, but not so bad and the problems with hotflashes and sweating after moving from sitting to standing had decreased somewhat.

all in all a bad experience for them, AFOF said they probably will not try it again.

tarthwell added 11 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkDivision View Post
Not psycho-active, not euphoric, not even remotely pleasant. . . .
As for danger, probably for your carpet - keep a bucket handy!
dark, thanks for your help and it looks like you were absolutely right. AFOF looked pretty stupid after doing all that reading and then feeling so miserable. However, it was slightly entertaining to see them hanging on the toilet after these warnings.

this drug has absolutely no recreational value.

Last edited by tarthwell; 28-12-2010 at 08:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-02-2011, 01:02
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United States
billiegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Re: New downer? Just wondering if this new drug has any recreational value.

[QUOTE=Alicia;241537]^^
Swia being the curious peep that she was had a look 4 info on it out of curiosity and found this. and came across Benztropine, which she reading about.

I have had several dystonic episodes in the past and I must say it sucks beyond belief. Its like having someone twist your head to one side as far as it will go and holding it there indefinitely. I have used Benztropine to prevent such attacks. However, the drug that hospitals have used to stop my distonia is Diphenhydramine better known as Benadryl. I actually keep a small supply of Benadryl at home and in my car which has effectively saved me, more than once, from the trouble and financial burden of an ambulance ride to the hospital.
Old 24-06-2012, 17:57
Silver Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline
Points: 5,015, Level: 10 Points: 5,015, Level: 10 Points: 5,015, Level: 10
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

LOL...I used to think that "dopamine agonist" automatically meant "pleasure drug"...until I ran into Mirapex (which is similar to Requip). There is zero recreational value in this drug or any other drug that's like it (mainly drugs that concentrate on D2 mixed with D3, and/or D4). Couldn't take it during the day because it made me too sleepy (and nauseous at times). However, that class of drugs is excellent in dealing with RLS (I used to get RLS real bad when I took SSRIs, even for years after stopping them.)

We've got to disabuse people of the idea that all dopamine drugs are going to be euphoric. I wouldn't be surprised if someone got killed by now because they thought this stuff would work similar to cocaine.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:06
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from USA - Wisconsin
KingTussin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I tested .5mg of Ropinirole last night. It gave me some crazy vivid dreams. I had just a little control over them. They were very interesting and a bit positive. Either it caused the vivid dreams or it just made me recall them better. I feel it caused them, and made me recall them better. good experience

Share this on:

Tags
dopamine agonist, drugs forum