Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > LSD
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

LSD LSD, liquid acid or blotter.

Old 24-04-2012, 23:56

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
life705 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
LSD and anxiety

The following is a fictional excerpt:

I haven't taken LSD before and am thinking of doing so after reading reports of some interesting trips. The only problem is that I am a sufferer of anxiety. After being a heavy weed smoker about 3 years ago, it started to provoke the anxiety so I stopped taking it. I've had it a few times since and had mixed experiences but tend to stay clear of it now due to it's effects on me. The effects that provoke the anxiety are generally the sluggish feeling it brings, and the way it makes my breathing feel affected.

One particular method I am considering is to have a few drinks beforehand. This would be beneficial if the drunk/LSD effects stayed separate - as in, I am drunk and I am also tripping. It would end badly if the two mixed to create a unique alcohol/LSD experience.

Has anyone been in the same position as me who can report what to expect and how to approach this?
Old 25-04-2012, 15:21

23 y/o Male from Netherlands
gespaced is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: LSD and anxiety

My cats have a similar problem to the one you described. They have been and still do smoke weed on a daily basis for the last few years, and there are certain factors that trigger real bad anxiety, but they have learned to deal with it and what to avoid.

As for the LSD, my cats enjoy taking acid every once in a while. They find that they don't get anxious from LSD, only while coming up, but they always have that when coming up on any substance (especially ecstasy).

My cats recommend taking the LSD without any drinks before hand as this won't really help the situation. Has the person ever tried other hallucinogens like mushrooms? My cats think that once the trip has begun, there should be no anxiety (their experience ofcourse). However it's a good idea to trip together with close and experienced friends as they can always help calm the fictional person.

Hoped this helped.
Old 25-04-2012, 15:23
Silver Member

Male from United States
ljfe is a decent psychonaut.ljfe is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2

I have social anxiety. I don't smoke weed much anymore either, because I find that if I want to steer clear of anxiety while on it I would have to smoke frequently so I am used to being high. I did a lot of LSD one year. I only had a few bad trips later into the year. They were really bad trips, but again I only had about three bad trips out of roughly 50 trips. On the other hand, I now prefer natural drugs like LSA/mushrooms/weed. I believe those are more insightful than LSD.
Old 25-04-2012, 15:40

My cats also suffer from social anxiety and being high certainly makes the anxiety much worse when having to socialize and interact with other people. My cats love to be stoned thouhj.
However with LSD that isn't so much of a problem, however they still don't want to socialize with other people (besides friends ofcourse). My cats enjoy MDMA the most since there is no more anxiety at all and they can be open and talk to everyone, even strangers. Its really unique for them.
Old 25-04-2012, 23:01

Male from Earth
1nigga is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1

One of my penguins also has social anxiety, he takes a pill for it every day (somewhat effective), but when he smokes weed, his anxiety just melts away. Although sometimes his hands start shaking for some reason.

The penguin would not recommend mixing alocohol with any other drug. Even with cannabis, he always regrets it the next day, blackouts, vomiting etc...
Old 25-04-2012, 23:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nigga View Post
One of my penguins also has social anxiety, he takes a pill for it every day (somewhat effective), but when he smokes weed, his anxiety just melts away. Although sometimes his hands start shaking for some reason.

The penguin would not recommend mixing alocohol with any other drug. Even with cannabis, he always regrets it the next day, blackouts, vomiting etc...
Sorry for going offtopic, but what kind of pills does your penguin take for his social anxiety? My cats find this subject interesting since they have never actually talked to or seen anyone about this problem of theirs as they find it very difficult to do so.
Old 27-04-2012, 16:30

Male from Earth
1nigga is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gespaced View Post
Sorry for going offtopic, but what kind of pills does your penguin take for his social anxiety? My cats find this subject interesting since they have never actually talked to or seen anyone about this problem of theirs as they find it very difficult to do so.
It's Escitalopramum
Old 28-04-2012, 02:13
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from England
shroooom is a decent psychonaut.shroooom is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 126, Level: 1 Points: 126, Level: 1 Points: 126, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Somestimes actually, SWIM finds having a couple of beers beforehand can help with the anxiety with the come-up! Then again, SWIM pretty much smokes weed and drinks no matter what drug he's taking. Not sure if my advice is the best, but just saying how I've dealt with anxiety sometimes in the past.

Share this on:

Tags
cannabis, cannabis and anxiety, cannabis anxiety, lsd, lsd and anxiety, lsd anxiety, marijuana, weed