Phenibut is a GABA derivative that was developed in the Soviet Union. It has a wide array of uses. Some of these uses include anxiolytic, nootropic, sleep-inducing, mood-enhancing, recreational, and growth-hormone manipulating effects. It is usually taken orally at doses ranging from 500mg to 10 grams and above. Like all drugs
, it can be extremely beneficial or extremely dangerous depending on the dosage, frequency of usage, and purity of the product. Its beneficial effects can range from neuroprotective, cardioprotective, antidepressant, and nootropic effects; and its negative effects can range from minor drowsiness to full blown addiction
and seizures when usage is abruptly abstained. It does have minor recreational potential and can be considered a drug of abuse.
[top]Ways of Administration
Phenibut is usually administered orally from doses ranging from as low 500mg to as high 10grams - sometimes even more in chronic users. Phenibut has a very high PH-level so capsules may be preferred for some to avoid the sour high-PH overload taste. Insufflation
would not be recommended as the dose would need to be very high and the its high PH level would cause insane nasal pain.
Phenibut is not advised since it burns mucus membranes, and it would take too much powder to be effective.
Injecting Phenibut is definitely not recommended at all from its high PH which can cause severe nasal damage and pain. If insistant, I would make sure to do all possible on injecting Phenibut. Here's a good thread/warning for someone who tried to IM Phenibut.
Injecting Phenibut is definitely not recommended at all from its high PH which can cause severe vascular damage and pain. If still insisted, I would make sure to read up on all the possible warning and interactions on injecting Phenibut. Here's a good thread/warning for someone who tried to IM Phenibut.
[top]Effects of Phenibut
Reputed Positive Effects:
- Improved Cognitive Functioning
- Improved Mood and Increase in Energy
- Muscle Relaxation
- Confusion and Dizziness
- Rapid Development of Tolerance
Negative Effects and Withdrawal
Like most GABAergic drugs, tolerance develops quickly and there can be withdrawal symptoms after cessation of consistent usage for extended periods of time. Some of these symptoms can be:
- Rebound Anxiety
- Panic Attacks
- Tremors or Shaking Hands
- Muscle Spasms
- Restlessness and inability to feel comfortable
- Cognitive deficits
- Irritability and Rage
- Paradoxical effects
[top]Combinations with Phenibut
[top]Different Uses for Phenibut
- Phenibut is commonly used as a sleep-aid for those with insomnia or trying to induce a state of relaxation and calmness to allow for an easier transition into sleep.
- Phenibut has a reputation for being a nootropic. It is reported to enhance cognition, focus and concentration, motivation to work, and minor dis-inhibition to allow for unrestrained creativity. Its anxiolytic properties also allow for cognitively demanding tasks to be undertaken with reduced stress.
- It has often been used as an anxiolytic. It has been used by people generalized-anxiety disorders, panic-disorders, and other anxiety provoking situations.
- In the bodybuilding community Phenibut is widely used as it is suggested to increase human-Growth-Hormone (hGH) production. However its efficacy in this area is under dispute.
- It is used in the treatment of alcoholism
- In the treatment of PAWS
(Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome
- Used for the treatment of a irregular heartbeat
- Used to treat depression
- Improving memory and cognitive performance