Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antidepressants
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 31-08-2009, 00:10
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
dihydromoron is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 309, Level: 2 Points: 309, Level: 2 Points: 309, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Mirtazapine to ease withdrawals

Hi all. This is my first thread, I've been a long time lurker but this is the first time I've not been able to find an answer using the search function

SWIM is currently addicted to dihydrocodeine, and recently it's gotten to the point where he's taking such large quantities of the drug, that the side effects he's experiencing far outweigh any pleasureable effects. He has been opiate addicted for around 3 years so has quite a large tolerance

He's decided (not for the first time) that it's time to quit, and He's all too familiar with the horrible withdrawals He has to endure when stopping

his question is, He has recently came upon a supply of mirtazapine 30mg (Remerol) tablets, will these help ease the insomnia and anxiety of the withdrawals?
He has cannabis which he knows helps a GREAT deal, but he feels it isn't enough on it's own
Old 31-08-2009, 00:52
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United Kingdom
diffs is captain of the psychonauts.diffs is captain of the psychonauts.diffs is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 438, Level: 3 Points: 438, Level: 3 Points: 438, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Mirtazapine to ease withdrawals

[QUOTE=dihydromoron;658839]Hi all. This is my first thread, I've been a long time lurker but this is the first time I've not been able to find an answer using the search function

SWIM is currently addicted to dihydrocodeine, and recently it's gotten to the point where he's taking such large quantities of the drug, that the side effects he's experiencing far outweigh any pleasureable effects. He has been opiate addicted for around 3 years so has quite a large tolerance

He's decided (not for the first time) that it's time to quit, and He's all too familiar with the horrible withdrawals He has to endure when stopping

his question is, He has recently came upon a supply of mirtazapine 30mg (Remerol) tablets, will these help ease the insomnia and anxiety of the withdrawals?

Swim has alos been addicted to various opiates, including DHC. Swim is also prescribed mirtazapine. In swims opinion, he doesn't think the mirtazapine will neccesseraly help with the withrawls themselves, it may help swiy to sleep through the worst of it.

They didn't really help swim that much, but he has been taking them for quite along time and has a very high tolerance to all sedatives. Has swiy been precibed them or have they "aquired" them? If thy have not been prescribed, be very careful. They are very strong and swiy doesnt want to go OTT with them. If they are being used for the first time maybe try 15mg to begin with. Swim gave one to a friend (ye kinda irresponsible) and she was out for 24hrs.

Keep swim posted as to how swiy gets on.

Good luck

diffs added 14 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Here is some info on mirtazapine taken from the BNF (doctors handbook)

MIRTAZAPINE

Additional information interactions
[h2]Indications[/h2]
major depression

[h2]Cautions[/h2]
cardiac disorders, hypotension, history of urinary retention, susceptibility to angle-closure glaucoma, diabetes mellitus, psychoses (may aggravate psychotic symptoms), history of seizures or bipolar depression; hepatic impairment; renal impairment; pregnancy ; breast-feeding ;
[h3]Blood disorders[/h3]
Patients should be advised to report any fever, sore throat, stomatitis or other signs of infection during treatment. Blood count should be performed and the drug stopped immediately if blood dyscrasia suspected

[h3]Withdrawal[/h3]
Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, agitation, anxiety, and headache are most common features of withdrawal if treatment stopped abruptly or if dose reduced markedly; dose should be reduced over several weeks

[h2]Side-effects[/h2]
increased appetite and weight gain, oedema, sedation; less commonly dizziness, headache; rarely postural hypotension, abnormal dreams, mania, suicidal behaviour (see Suicidal Behaviour and Antidepressant Therapy), seizures, tremor, myoclonus, paraesthesia, arthralgia, myalgia, akathisia, rash, and blood disorders including reversible agranulocytosis (see Cautions above); very rarely angle-closure glaucoma

[h2]Dose[/h2]
Initially 15 mg daily at bedtime increased within 2–4 weeks according to response; max. 45 mg daily as a single dose at bedtime or in 2 divided doses; child and adolescent under 18 years not recommended

Last edited by Alfa; 11-09-2012 at 13:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-09-2009, 20:41

Male from Somalia
heroineADDICT should review received reputation comments.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Mirtazapine to ease withdrawals

swims prescribed mirtazapine and personally i think the sedative effects diminish extremely fast like within a few days id say the best choice, assuming you dont just want to go to your dr and get on the suboxone program [i woudnt bother with methadone your just swapping one addiction for another], would be benzodiazepines esspecially nitrazepam clonazipine or alprazolam

Share this on:

Tags
codeine, dihydrocodeine, insomnia, mirtazapine, opiates, remerol, withdrawals

» New Threads
things around house to get high...
Last post by mecooliez
70 Replies, 1,496,161 Views
Legal drugs, research chemicals...
Last post by scimor
3 Replies, 1,968 Views
Naltrexone Experiences?
Last post by Chrisc