Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Research Chemicals Piperazines, Phenethylamines, Tryptamines & other designer drugs.

Old 21-08-2009, 02:37
MDMA, RC & News Forums

44 y/o Male from United States
Terrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
MDAI (5,6-methylenedioxy-2-aminoindane) Experiences

Please add your experiences with MDAI here. Please add dosage, route and duration to the top of your post like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXAMPLE
Dosage: 15 mg
Route: Orally
Duration: 6 hours
Info about this drug (other than experiences) should be discussed here: MDAI Drug Info Page

When posting a experience, please describe:
body weight & gender
dose taken
route of administration
Setting: in what environment it was taken.
duration of main effects
main effects
side effects
after effects
rating of the experience
any other valuable information

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

Turtle is not aware of this being in the wild but hopes maybe a lucky labrat will come along to share their experiences.

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 09-05-2010 at 15:22. Reason: fix link
Old 23-08-2009, 22:26
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23
Re: MDAI 5,6-Methylenedioxy-2-aminoindane

These are not Red Rock's reports, but reports from some other people on other forums so I do not have a lot of the details such as age, weight, gender, etc. Figured since not many experience reports are available on here, might as well add as many as we can.

Quote:
Tried 140mg, bumped with another 60 after 90 minutes. Kinda disappointing though, I'd expected more from this. Little tingling head, warm, sedated, more appreciation of music, bit horny too
Not much of pupil dilation or euphoria. Had no trouble sleeping on it.
I may wanna give this a more fair chance, doing 200mg at once and go out on it and interact with other people. I also did quite some peas a day before and for some reason they didn't do much either (while they did on every other occasion), so I might want to lay down a bit on the stuff before I try something again So take this in consideration. I'm curious about other peoples experiences.
Quote:
I had 130mg orally, couldn't feel much for a couple of hours, but then I noticed as I clearly in an empathogenic state. Music appreciation noticed, no stimulation, nice and relaxed like I was covered in a blanket.

Sleep not too hard, did have a benzo though.

Don't think it would be to everyone's tastes, there's no rushing/stimulation/euphoria like with other legals, its more of a therapeutic feeling.

No comedown noticed the next day.
Quote:
I have tried 80 mg of MDAI (i'm very sensitive to drugs)

It takes a little bit more than 1 hour to take effect.
The plateau didn't last so much, less than 3 hours but quite close to some others classics stims (4-MMC).
I didn't know what to expect and i get something very specific.
It reminds me the effect of ritalin ( methylphenidate): a clear awake feeling. It gave me a little but acceptable body buzz. Strangely wikipedia indicate a possible sedacting effect which i didn't get (indeed i took some coffee, but not so much).
Definitely less dysphoric than methylone and less euphoric than 4-MMC. Just clear state of mind which is good IMO.
Music and vision was crystal clear which was nice. Music makes me want to dance.
No bad come down, i only felt sleepy. Just some body buzzing which came back some time to time during the next 8 hours (this part was a little bit boring). During this come down, i had light colors shifting but nothing spectacular.

To summary:
I would say it's not spectacular, but not so bad. No bad come down, which is a good point. I like the clear state of mind. Since it's non neuro-toxic due to missing dopamine activity, i would have expect something who lacks of some effects, but that's not the case.

To compare with MDMA (not sure it's a good idea, but..): The clear state of mind feeling is quite close, but it miss the profound insightful state you get off MDMA which is main part of MDMA magic IMO.

I tried it only one time, so i think this conclusion could needs update after more experiments.
Quote:
I have had the opportunity to try MDAI.. have done so twice, in a party setting each time. Clearly empathogenic, although the first time it took a while to realise it. Gives this slight I'm-in-a-bubble kind of feeling, and pupils fairly dilated, makes for a smooth and comfy evening. What it doesn't so, however, is make me disoriented and dizzy like MDMA, nor as crazily euphoric as M1. Both times I combined with cannabis and alcohol. And I think the second time i t may have been followed by a moderate dose of butylone, with which it also combined well. Only moderate serotonin burnout, I feel. Definitely a lot less than MDMA, and also less than mephedrone (4-methyl-meth-cath) and WAY less than 4-methpxy-meth-cath.

A mild AMT-style vibe to it in how it creates this "comfortable comfort-cloak" but with none of the psychedelia.... just pleasant, would do again if I had the possibility.

Dosage similar to MDMA, perhaps a tad higher, up to 200mg . . .
Quote:
Tried this last night,

took me a couple of hours to notice it was doing anything. It felt like my head was warm and fuzzy, similar to MDMA but without the stimulation/rushes etc

Felt pretty sedated although I was also smoking weed. Noticed a bit of music appreciation, but mainly was a clear headed cosy feeling.

After about 6 hours went to bed, had a benzo to get to sleep, woke up with no comedown/drained feeling, though I've had some 5-htp.

I'd not recommend this to people looking to get mashed, its not the same as other legals, defintely more of a therapeutic feel to it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
thanks for tracking these down!
Old 01-09-2009, 20:32
Gold Member

Male from USA - Maryland
acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 629, Level: 3 Points: 629, Level: 3 Points: 629, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIM a 260lb male snuffed 75mgs of MDAI around 1:00pm

For the first few hours there was a clear headed feeling, slightly euphoric, very pleasant. Mental abilities were not impaired. This material would combine nicely with amphetamines or M1/B1, SWIM thinks. No sexual push was noted.

~3 hours after ingestion a powerful urge to sleep overcame SWIM. He found himself in the bathroom at work asleep for about an hour before noise woke him up. This is extremely uncommon and was attributed to MDAI. Sleepiness lasted for a few hours after waking up.

No after effects other than incredible drowsiness.

Not interested in repeating without some stimulant to combat the drowsiness.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:25

25 y/o Male from United Kingdom
beejee should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: MDAI questions?

smoked in a joint - 50mg (sat around, and watched tv, enjoyable....but he always enjoys a nice south park.)

chased the dragon - 100mg (walked around uni halls, felt slightly light headed, and almost a slight false sense of enjoyment, feels the effects were most prominent this way)

gel caps - 235mg (went sledging in the snow with a few mates, fun and enjoyable....though it was the first time it had snowed for a good few years, so not really suprising swim would enjoy it. However, around 3 hours after popping the gel cap, swim insufflated a small line of drone, enjoyed the comeup whilst with his close mates, and continued to the local, swim was full of anxiety in the pub, and also struggled to sleep that night - swim assumes this is the mix of the drone and mdai.)

swim thinks gel capped with another suitable chosen chemical might produce some interesting effects, as mdai is too subtle to be used on its own to great effect.

Do not use slang terms such as "drone" to describe mephedrone. This is becoming a serious problem!

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 01-11-2010 at 03:34. Reason: cleanup for merging
Old 08-01-2010, 17:32
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Earth
RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7

MDAI is not like MDMA, Methylone, or any of the beta ketones. I don't think people that are looking for a good intoxicating drug experience will like this one too much. Its a very odd compound. The euphoric intoxicating effects/feelings are subtle however the effects ARE NOT. If that makes any sense. Swim found doses between 80-217mgs to be very effective. Swims first experience was at 217mg and when it hit swim regreted taking so much and had a little fear.(only at the peak because it was a never previously tested substance.) So it was very active to say the least, swim was looking for a methylone/mdma like high and was greatly dissapointed the first time. Pupils became heavily dilated, colors brightened, swim did not like the effects and regreted buying a sample of the compound. That is until swim experienced the compound more. which once swim understands it more and knows what to expect for swim began to love it for what it is. The effects of MDAI are incredible hard to describe its very odd and hit or miss for swim. Some experiences were dissapointing and some were amazing.

Swim personally... loves mdai. Swim however has gotten to the point in life that the most subtle backround substances are his favorite. Swims evolved past his/her dxm days, lol. I would say swims two favorite compounds are kratom and mdai.

Both are melow, relaxing, uplifting in effects. Most of the time swim finds mdai a very chilled out, uplifting substance with aphrodisiac qualities. But this substance is different everytime swim takes it. By that I mean the main effects are usually the same but swim has found on occasions that is lacking any depth. On other occasions it was very deep even spiritual to swim and swim loved being able to experience it. Once it enhanced swims connection with swims lover IN EVERY WAY, touching felt amazing, swim felt in sync with their partner, swim was very horny and could have sex forever, swim felt a deep heart connection. This was with someone swim loves. Orgasm was hard to acheive. Another time it killed swims sex drive and swim wanted to just chill and erection was harder to get than usual and orgasm came quickly. The weird thing is these didn't have ANYTHING to do with the dose to swim, they were all 80-216mgs and at the same exact dose it can vary in the ways I mentioned previously. The main "MDAI feel" always being there. Swim has accepted that this is an odd/unusual/lovely compound. Swim takes MDAI to experience what ever it has to offer at the time. Swim feels this compound unlocks possibilitys within your mind at the time, it doesn't push you into a certain feeling or direction.

To some it up:

A very chilled out subtle substance that for swim is without a doubt THERE. No possible placebo effect here people, its just not what you will expect. It is what it is. 90% of the time it makes Swim quite horny. Its not streetdrug like at all... its to unreliable. its more of a tool. And I bet this compound has possible medical uses (maybe an anti depressant, aphrodisiac, or other)

Im sorry for the long post I hope this helps some people out there I REALLY tried but this compound is just so hard to describe. Swim is still experimenting with it and will have more to say in time. Swim will take it in the future but mdai has no morish or addictive qualities. If swim could no longer get the compound swim would feel dissapointed that he/she no longer had a tool, but that would be it.

Excellent personal report that adds a LOT to a little known substance.
Excellent, informative report, cheers
Very helpful, thanks.
Thanks for such useful insight into the effects of MDAI.
Thanks for that. Really useful

Last edited by RoboCop; 09-01-2010 at 17:39.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:03
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United Kingdom
benzup! is a decent psychonaut.

swim thinks this substance is a bit too expensive to just provide a 'backdrop' setting. 230mg was taken in a gel cap on a very heavy days snowing, so swim and a couple of his mates went sledging in the dark, built an igloo, had a couple of Js and then went back to the car to prepare going to the pub a few miles away. we all felt incredibly tired, and personally swim couldn't work out if he was experiencing anything other than feeling stoned. they all had a line of mephedrone just in case, since swim and the others didnt fancy waking up in a frozen ditch somewhere further down the slippy road. In the pub, swim felt a touch anxious since it was christmas eve and the place was rammed to the rafters. alot of his friends from the past who he had not seen in a long time were there and it all felt overly surreal, not in a hallucinogenic or delirious way, but in a 'is this all actually happening right now?' way. every conversation and minor event seemed like part of a storyline that swim had to follow in order to reach the end of the book; the last chapter always involving the task of buying some more ganja off their mate to ride into christmas day on.

midnight, sat in the car, looking out over the prom towards the sea, now also sat with two other mates (very drunk at the time) smoking some biftas and feeling very very hypnotic; almost like he could drift off out the window on the breeze of the smoke blown through his lips. when swim returned home, he noticed something he rarely notices unless he has taken something serious: everything seemed very different. The way he saw his movement in the mirror when brushing avidly at his teeth, like it was out of time by a half a second in reality; that feeling exactly like on Trainspotting when Renton ODs and falls through the floor into his own grave whilst watching the world react to him. This was probably because his entire rooms is painted a vivacious maroon red, much like the inner lining of his coffin on the movie. He was very tempted to text his mates asking if they also felt the same, but was too mesmerized and sedated to attempt the feat. he had a very long and undisturbed sleep and woke up intact the next day, with a subtly warm afterglow, nothing visual.

would swim recommend MDAI? yes, if only once. swim has never taken the substance since, and doesn't particularly plan to mainly due to the cost. However it is certainly one to try, just for the experience, even if it doesnt make swim want to do it again. In a weird way, much like its weird nature, it just seemed worth the effort that one particular time...

swim is male, age 20, and weighs around 12 stone (if he's not taking stimulants, this tends to rise!)

Thanks for the interesting report with closely observed details. Please include sex, age, weight?

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 01-11-2010 at 03:34. Reason: consolidate info from later post
Old 03-02-2010, 13:18
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
ronpintx is captain of the psychonauts.ronpintx is captain of the psychonauts.ronpintx is captain of the psychonauts.

• body weight -- 100kg Male, 51 yrs old
• dose taken -- 140mg
• route of administration -- Oral
• Setting: -- Home/neighborhood
• duration of main effects -- 3 hrs
• main effects -- Peaced-out euphoria (no stimulant "energy")
side effects -- sexuality intact -- but ignorable
• after effects -- None besides an immediate tolerance buildup
• rating of the experience - 7 of 10 (for depressed, stimulant haters)
• any other valuable information

'Great for self-therapy, managing depression. The immediate tolerance buildup is like MDMA -- it's the only thing dissapointing about MDAI. Interaction with neighbors was not "X-like" at all -- no stimulants to drive excessive talking/bonding. SWIM felt like bonding -- felt close to friends -- but was able to chill-out anyway.

SWIM really likes this stuff -- but has no XTC experience -- so tolerance-spacing metrics must be learned so as to optimize it's potential.

Good experience report. Appreciate you sharing this report

Last edited by ronpintx; 03-02-2010 at 13:29.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:24
Silver Member

Male from Netherlands
incorrect is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2

Thanks for this experience report. MDAI sounds so pleasant. It is a shame that people often take it looking for a "drug" effect and and thus they feel disappointed. It sounds like a very subtle and useful compound to have around for managing one's mood.

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 12-02-2010 at 00:41. Reason: rqpp
Old 18-02-2010, 14:50
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
ronpintx is captain of the psychonauts.ronpintx is captain of the psychonauts.ronpintx is captain of the psychonauts.

RETRACTION:

MDAI is not a treatment for Clinical Depression. SWIM apologizes if he seemed to suggest that. Please seek professional treatment for any sign of Clinical Depression.

SWIMs earlier comments about MDAI and depression was aimed at those with emotional depression/trauma. MDAI does alter serotonin levels -- next-day recovery may involve more depression for many. SSRI's -- and any other head-meds -- should not be mixed with MDAI.

Still, for those who disdain stimulants but like that M1 rush -- it's a good alternative.

Last edited by ronpintx; 18-02-2010 at 14:57.
Old 01-04-2010, 15:52
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
hX_ is a decent psychonaut.hX_ is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 216, Level: 2 Points: 216, Level: 2 Points: 216, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

SWIM would not recommend insuffating this substance. 100mg was EXTREMELY painful and uncomfortable for about 10-15 mins and had very little effect.

200mg bombed however may have been a bit too high of a dose. Great snug, happy and content feeling, slight urge to chat shit but controllable and next to no classic stimulant side-effects.
Old 10-04-2010, 17:28
Silver Member

Male from Denmark
Earlybird is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1

My friend bombed 200mg MDAI
Onset: 20 min
Peak: 90 min
Comedown: 90 min

My friend said it was like this: tingling sensation on the skin, felt talkative and urge to bond, but controllable. Semi-surreal sensation, kind og like smoking pot, without losing your wits and getting silly. Heart rate increase with some mild sweating. Very pleasant indeed. Comedown was easy. Worth the try.

Negatives: two short involuntary eyelid twitches during peak, large pupils at peak

My freind said he will be doing trying this again.

Thanks for the report, good first post. Welcome to the forum
Good report, thanks.
Good, simple and straightforward!
Old 23-04-2010, 21:39
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United Kingdom
cantstoptalking is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

Swim 90kg
Male
Fit healthy, lots of exercise.
Swim has had a crazy day mixing very small amounts of NRG1 with MDAI. No scales I'm afaid so eyeball doses. Roughly 100mg of MDAI with about 6 cous cous sized of NRG1.

Swim has bombed 6 of these over the course of the day and has had a wonderful time. Very pleasant indeed.

Swim understand that the Naphyrone should cancel out MDAI effects but swim enjoyed the blend. Swim has not tried MDAI with Amphetamine to compare though.

This is my first post so sorry if its in the wrong place.

Swim had no heart issues from NRG1. Swim also insuflate some finely ground MDAI with no pain at all.

Hard to say lenghth of effects due to multiple doses.

Not bad report but more details of times and doses would be good!
Old 25-04-2010, 16:23
Palladium Member

40 y/o Female from England
source must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medline
Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

SWIM tried 0.5g MDAI in .20mg doses (every hour) after finishing off .5g NRG-1.
SWIM found MDAI to be very painful nasally and would advise oral administration.
Effects began around 5-10 minutes after insufflation, and were gradual. No initial rush like 4-MMC. SWIM began to feel lightheaded and euphoric, and after a while began to feel very talkative and appreciated music.
SWIM feels main effects are much like mephedrone. After administering most of SWIMs .5g, SWIM experienced redness of hands/knees, forgot what she was talking about halfway thru a sentence, confusion, and the infamous eye jitters & involuntary eye movements.
Today SWIM has no major comedown, head feels slightly fuzzy and she is just a little tired. SWIM takes 2x 50mg 5-HTP daily.
SWIM enjoyed her experience of MDAI and will definately try again without NRG-1 first to see what it's like on it's own.

Last edited by source; 02-05-2010 at 22:45. Reason: Crap spelling again
Old 28-04-2010, 08:36
GHB

43 y/o Male from Earth
MrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,252, Level: 14 Points: 9,252, Level: 14 Points: 9,252, Level: 14
Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9%

Please be wary of combining this drug with certain stimulants.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1726189
Abstract
There is increasing evidence linking dopamine (DA) to the long-term serotonergic (5-HT) neurotoxic effects of certain substituted amphetamines such as 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA). The present study was undertaken to examine the importance of DA metabolism, uptake inhibition and release in the long-term effects of these drugs by combining various dopaminergic agents with an analogue of MDMA that had low neurotoxic liability, namely 5,6-methylenedioxy-2-aminoindan (MDAI). Monoamine and metabolite levels and the number of 5-HT uptake sites (using [3H]paroxetine binding) were determined 3 hours or 1 week after treatments. Combining the monoamine oxidase inhibitors, clorgyline (MAOA selective) or deprenyl (MAOB selective) with MDAI did not result in any long-term reductions of serotonergic markers. Similarly, combining the DA uptake inhibitor GBR-12909 with MDAI did not result in any long-term changes in monoamine levels at 1 week. In contrast, a single pretreatment of posttreatment with the nonvesicular DA releaser S-amphetamine and MDAI resulted in small but significant long-term changes in monoamine levels. More importantly, if a subacute dosing regimen (every 12 hours for 4 days) was utilized, the combination of S-amphetamine with MDAI resulted in a marked long-term decrease in the levels of cortical, hippocampal and striatal 5-HT, 5-HIAA and the number of 5-HT uptake sites. The results are discussed in terms of the significance of DA and especially nonvesicular DA release in the long-term effects of MDMA-like drugs.

At first glance it looks as though Dopamine re-uptake inhibitor drugs are not a problem in combination with MDAI but Dopamine releasers are. As for those that both inhibit re-uptake AND stimulate DA release, there could be a cause for concern. My worry is that, with MDAI being touted as a proven non-neurotoxic drug, Joe Public is going get reckless with combining it with any and all stimulants in order to try and recreate an MDMA-like experience.

excellent find and an important piece of harm reduction- hopefully floks will read (and understand) this.
Great find!
Good informative potentially harm-reducing post.
Good find, would be nice if it could be added to the document archive.
Agreed. Are their any other studies with MDAI and dopamine releasers other than s-amp?
Nice find, was looking for articles addressing MDAI + Amps
Old 28-04-2010, 22:35
Silver Member

Female from Poland
yaniczka is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

At first glance it looks as though Dopamine re-uptake inhibitor drugs are not a problem in combination with MDAI but Dopamine releasers are. As for those that both inhibit re-uptake AND stimulate DA release, there could be a cause for concern. My worry is that, with MDAI being touted as a proven non-neurotoxic drug, Joe Public is going get reckless with combining it with any and all stimulants in order to try and recreate an MDMA-like experience.
does this mean that its more dangerous to mix methylone with mdai then to mix methylone with mephedrone or taking only methylone on its own? thks.
Old 29-04-2010, 05:55
GHB

43 y/o Male from Earth
MrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,252, Level: 14 Points: 9,252, Level: 14 Points: 9,252, Level: 14
Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9%

It's not entirely clear at this stage. Don't forget that this research relates to Rats, not humans. My understanding is that Mephedrone, being a more potent DA inhibitor/releaser would be the worse choice to combine with MDAI compared to Methylone, but there is insufficient data to be able to objectively say what would be safer in combination or on it's own.

It would be worth studying more about the whole Dopamine Neurotoxicity issue in and of itself. In the meantime I would remind users that, if they are going to take any of these substances, the goal should always be to take as little as possible.

Thank you for reiterating that the proposed non-neurotoxicity is based on small-scale animal model experiments.
Good point, as ever, that less is more.
Old 29-04-2010, 16:15
Titanium Member

Male from Estonia
lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.lineartransform really adds to the discussion.
Points: 726, Level: 4 Points: 726, Level: 4 Points: 726, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaniczka View Post
does this mean that its more dangerous to mix methylone with mdai then to mix methylone with mephedrone or taking only methylone on its own? thks.
No. The mechanism of neurotoxicity is hypothesized to be a result of simultaneous dopamine and serotonin release. However, serotonin release and blocking dopamine reuptake only does not appear to cause these neurotoxic effects.

Methylone and mephedrone are both dopamine and serotonin releasers - risk of neurotoxicity is prevalent. MDAI is only a serotonin releaser - in conjunction with dopamine releasers it will also be neurotoxic.

One would not be more dangerous than the other - they both have a similar risk profile.

thanks for very informative answer
Old 29-04-2010, 21:56
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
SparkyMarky is captain of the psychonauts.SparkyMarky is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 223, Level: 2 Points: 223, Level: 2 Points: 223, Level: 2
Re: MDAI 5,6-Methylenedioxy-2-aminoindane Trip Reports

Hello fellow psychonauts!

Well, SWIM finally managed to get hold of some MDAI this week: 2g of a moist, clumpy, coarse brown powder that turned dark rusty red with Marquis reagent. So far, so yay!

A bit of background:

Swim's a 40*mumble* years old male, weighs about 70kg and has been using methylone for the past year in the absence of any Mandy (MDMA) or pills containing Mandy. SWIM's never tried mephedrone (he doesn't like the sound of it in lots of ways) and has been looking for chems that could, at least in part, recreate that old Mandy magic. Methylone's nice, but doesn't have the same degree of entactogenicity or empathogenicity. He'd heard that MDAI was a nice, gentle, touchy-feely chem that didn't have methylone's stimulant properties - particularly its ability to stop him sleeping for hours and hours - so it seemed like an ideal candidate for a test-run.

So....

Last night SWIM climbed into the driver's seat of his moist, brown MDAI-mobile. He decided to go with an initial eyeballed dose of about 100mg. SWIM uses 200mg gelcaps to measure stuff out and so he roughly half-filled a cap (although, due to the sticky, coarse, clumpy nature of the MDAI, he suspects he didn't have quite 100mg). And having had good experiences with squizzing methylone up his bum - not to mention it being a more economical way of taking chems - he dissolved it in some warm white wine (classy, eh? SWIM had read that MDAI doesn't dissolve well in water, but dissolves better in alcohol) and squizzed it up there with a small, plastic pet syringe, and then started fannying around on the PC, waiting to come up.

T+ 60 mins: nothing, really. Made some mild warmth, but SWIM suspected that was just placebo and expectation. And maybe the wine! (Not really - 10ml of white wine, even up his bum, is unlikely to do much!)

T+ 90 mins: hmmmm.... still nothing. Dissolved another eyeballed dose of 100mg in some more white wine and swallowed it.

T+ 120 mins: nope. Nothing. SWIM's feeling a bit disappointed now. He'd been hoping for *something*, even if MDAI is suppose to be fairly subtle compared to methylone.

T +150 mins: hmph! Bah! Still nothing. Deciding not to let the whole evening go to waste, but not wanting to throw any more MDAI down his neck or up his arse - not tonight, anyway - SWIM squirts 100mg of methylone up his backside and hopes it's not going to be one of those nights where his body just seems to stand there with its arms folded, saying: 'Not tonight, sunshine!'

T+180 mins: aaaaah! That's more like it! Sadly it's a classic methylone high, with nothing else that might indicate that MDAI is coming out to play.

The rest of the evening was very nice, but purely a methylone evening.
Trying to sleep, at about T+ 540 mins, was hard but he managed it in the end. As is usual, for SWIM, with methylone. And today, SWIM feels fine if tired, again as he does with methylone.

Conclusion: SWIM is *very* disappointed in his first MDAI experience. No noticeable effect from it in any way. SWIM thinks that the dampness of the MDAI probably meant that there was a lot less actual MDAI in his purchase. On another thread here, someone else tried drying out *his* MDAI (which matched the description of mine) and found that it lost a ridiculous *40%* of its weight. What a rip-off, eh? Which probably means that SWIM only took about 160mg or so of actual MDAI into his body, in two installments of 80mg, which are pretty low doses by some people's standards. And the ability to measure it accurately because of it's sticky, clumpiness, means that he probably had even less than *that*!

Next time, SWIM's going to dry his MDAI out to give him a better idea of how much he's actually taking, and swallow it rather than faffing about with wine and his bottom, just in case it didn't dissolve well. Fingers crossed for SWIM!

Sparky
xx

Good report. Seems an extremely subtle substance. 5-IAI looks interesting tho!
Well done report, thanks. It word be worth mentioning when the last time SWIM used m1 or similar drugs prior to this exp.
Good report
Old 30-04-2010, 00:08
Silver Member

Male from Afghanistan
jonboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1

this is swims tapirs first, tryin to giv a bit back since discovery of RCs so forgive any errors.
MDAI 2g
male 26 14st
female 22 10st

drug history: lots of high quality cocaine, mephedrone other illegal stimulants.
setting: the tapirs hous with friends.
Note, the tapirs are frequent re-dosers so comments re craving not for all.

appearance, light brown power bought online.
aroma, not offensive but unpleasant.
alcohol male- 1 or 2 vodkas, her nothing
sniffed c. 100mg each.
15mins mild effect - am allways dubious.
30 mins - twitchy mild head buzz.
45 mins 2nd line each
1h30 actually start to nod off talking to friend. body buzz but head feels lethargic.
1.45 another line c.150mg girlfriend is feeling effects both twitchy but chatty enjoying music etc.
girlfried is really struggling to snort eyes watering etc.
she levels out and we continue until 2/3 of a gramm left.
4.00at this point the male tapirs legs are crazy and GF is glued to iphone.
4.05 cant p*ss, and not like E cant p*ss, not even like mdma cant p*ss. The tapir cannot go to toilet.
4.30 we mix remaining with small amount water and lime and neck.
5.00 friends leave.
5.15 still no pee, gf buzzing.
5.30 body rush, shaking, cannot walk down stairs as legs going crazy.
6.00 finally pee.
and on....... it was the headrush of 1 or 2 good E with the body f*ck of ketamine.

unpleasent to sniff, and as soon as the tapir had peed he couldnt again for another 2hrs, which ruined it.
gf thought ok.

summary - will not be buying again, but if you love twitiching go for it

Thanks for the report.
Great first report! Cheers!

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 30-04-2010 at 01:00. Reason: si
Old 30-04-2010, 12:31
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
SparkyMarky is captain of the psychonauts.SparkyMarky is captain of the psychonauts.

Well, after his first disappointing ride in the MDAI-mobile the other night, last night SWIM thought he'd give it another go.

Specs:
male, 47, 70kg. Previous experience with methylone and spliffs.

SWIM dried the MDAI out a little bit on the radiator and then dumped about 200mg (the previous trip involved two doses of a-bit-less-than-100mg, spaced out by an hour and a half or so) into some lemonade (turning it a most unnattractive shade of mud-brown) and swallowed it down - no noticeable taste - and sat back to wait for the engine to fire up.

And waited...

And waited....

Two hours later, SWIM was *still* waiting.

Bah!

Went to bed after another couple of hours and slept fine - although I woke up a few times during the night, feeling a wee bit groggy (as though I'd taken some Nytol), although I've no idea whether that was actually due to the MDAI.

SWIM's feeling a bit disheartened by this. Two trips and nothing. Nada. Zilch. This morning he received 2g of MDAI from the supplier that had previously sent him methylone by mistake (it's lighter brown than his first lot, and much more powdery and dry, so hopefully it isn't mainly water!) so SWIM's going to keep going with it until a) he actually gets something from it, or b) he runs out.

Does anyone think SWIM's doing something obviously wrong? Or could it simply be that MDAI's not the chem for him? When he first tried methylone, he got absolutely nothing from it on his first couple of trips for some reason, so SWIM's hoping that it's the same with MDAI.

Sparkyxx
Old 01-05-2010, 13:35
Silver Member

Male from Denmark
Earlybird is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1

Maybe it's not the right stuff. Mine is a very fine, dry, light-brown, slight odor. Not sticky at all. Friend has tried 200 mg, 3 times now. Enjoys the feeling.
Old 01-05-2010, 18:00
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom

Hiya!

SWIM thinks it probably is the right stuff (tests OK - although not conclusively - with Marquis reagent) -just a bit wet - LOL! He's got some more - lighter brown, finer, drier - that he's gonna try tonight. Fingers crossed!

Sparky
xx
Old 05-05-2010, 15:38
Gold Member

Male from United States
Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.
Points: 2,258, Level: 7 Points: 2,258, Level: 7 Points: 2,258, Level: 7

This experiment was about two months ago, but I've been lazy about cleaning it up and posting. Except for spelling and grammar clean-up and formatting, the notes are what was dictated by my rhinograde at the time.

Subject was a 75 kg male rhinograde, age 58.
Height: when standing on its nose (see user pic), the rhinograde is 178 cm, or 5' 10".
Drug used at home, alone.
Rhinograde's prior drug experiences: tobacco, caffeine, alcohol; a surprisingly wide array of psychoactive drugs over a lifetime, some prescribed, some obtained, some synthesized, some grown. None taken for more than a few doses, except for caffeine (daily), alcohol (rarely), tobacco and marijuana (neither since the 1970s). In the past few months the rhinograde has sampled mephedrone, methylone, dimethocaine, MDPV, ethcathinone, 3-FMC, naphyrone, NOS, jwh-018, jwh-073, dmaa, kratom, and phenazepam. The rhinograde's daily medications at the time of this experience were 2 grams of Omega-3 oil, 650 mg choline bitartrate, 3200 mg piracetam, and a multivitamin/mineral tab. He has no known major medical problems.

Two other items concerning the rhinograde:
1. The rhinograde normally has mild to moderate tinnitus. CNS stimulants (and certain other drugs, such as the acetyl-l-carnitine/alpha lipoic acid combo) make it go away.
2. 'Comfort of the body', a mild, diffuse pleasant sensation throughout the rhinograde's flesh, is something he experiences with many CNS stimulants. It may be a vague analgesic effect lessening the minor aches and pains of middle-age, euphoria that distracts him from minor body discomforts, or something else.

MDAI was found to be a fine, free-flowing, dark brown powder. Packet is marked 'MDAI freebase'. See photo.

t-0:28 HR 66 BP 152/84.

t=0.00 250 mg MDAI taken on an empty stomach.

t+0:22 HR 72 BP 183/98 Shulgin +/-. Feeling a little odd.

t+0:32 HR 66 BP 178/95 Vibration or trembling through body. Fullness or heaviness in head and face. Decrease in the rhinograde's usual tinnitus. The world is quieter. Rain on the roof and falling off the eves. Want to watch Omohide Poro Poro again. Shulgin +.

t+0:42 HR 83 BP 157/92 Very mild tremor. Mild comfort of the body. More intense feelings of being 'high'. Euphoria? This drug is supposed to lack that, but the rhinograde feels happy comfortable, content, relaxed, peaceful. Rhinograde will count this as mild euphoria.

t+0:48 More intense sensations. Increased tremor. PC screen seems brighter (The rhinograde notices this with many CNS stimulants). Tinnitus almost gone. Shulgin ++.

t+1:04 HR 103 BP 155/81 No change in sensation/cognition. Probably at near peak.

t+1:49 HR 91 BP 152/86 Off peak?

t+2:07 The rhinograde is having empathic feelings for inanimate objects! While prior expectations, confirmation bias, and placebo effect often fool us, the rhinograde believes these feelings are probably actual effects of MDAI. Some feelings of guilt: the rhinograde realizes that (in his everyday, undrugged state) he feels 'empathy' for inanimate objects at least as often as he does for actual human beings. The rhinograde's serotonin rheostat is defective. The rhinograde is defective. If he were an automobile, they'd hold Congressional hearings about him. If he were a prototype, the manufacturer would discard him and move on to more promising designs. On a less depressing note, the rhinograde is having intriguing thoughts about how relationships between professionals and non-professionals (e.g., police vs. victims, suspects, or witnesses) always objectify the non-professional. It is difficult to see how this could be avoided. But it also is problematic (Could a culture exist where professionals are expected to form emotionally intimate relationships with individuals with whom they interact? Police would play sports with, date, and hang out with both victims and suspects.) These thoughts arose while watching an anime horror/detective drama, Mouryo no Hako.

t+2:25 The rhinograde is eating a light meal. Unlike many CNS stimulants, MDAI does not seem to cause anorexia.

t+3:23 HR 81 BP 155/84 Back to Shulgin +. Entactogenic effects have ebbed as well.

t+4:02 The rhinograde feels a little spacey, but most drug effects seem to be gone.

t+4:42 HR 73 BP 146/90 The rhinograde thought the drug was going away, but right now feels focused and peaceful, rather like a mild amphetamine experience. He is hungry again, unlike an amphetamine experience. Heats food. Eats a lot. It's pretty good!

t+6:09 At this point, the rhinograde believes he is cognitively and emotionally back to normal.

t+7:16 Nope, not back to normal. the rhinograde still feels odd, out of it, flaky, off. Crash? If so, it's mild.

t+16:50 To bed.

t+24:10 Awake. Feel back to normal. Experience ends.

General/summary thoughts.

1. MDAI cannot be smoked, even in freebase form. Attempts to vaporize it result in drug being reduced to a pile of black ash, smoke has no discernible psychological effect.

2. No nausea. One previous experience on DF reported nausea and brief vomiting. This worried the rhinograde, because he has had problems with nausea with various substances. He is unable to use poppy pod tea or P. cubensis for this reason. However, he had no nausea with MDAI.

3. Effects of drug came on somewhat faster than previous reports describe. This may be because drug was taken on an empty stomach.

4. Very mild aphrodisiacal effect, possibly merely an expression of entactogenic effect.

5. Entactogenic effects: the rhinograde was alone, and had no one to interact with (he doesn't IM much). He did notice when he rinsed a coffee mug that the mug had come from a website in return for a charitable donation. the rhinograde usually gives to this organization, but skipped last year, because the awful economic situation made him poorer. Seeing the mug, the rhinograde felt bad, and resolved to donate again this year. He sees this mug often, but has never had this reaction. He suspects entactogenesis at work.

6. No anorexia.

7. Peak of mild euphoric effects and entactogenesis passed within about two hours.

8. Because only mild and subtle euphoria, the abuse potential for this drug is probably no worse than moderate, and addiction potential is low.

9. The rhinograde liked this drug. He will probably use it again, but feels no urgency. He was intrigued by some insights he had while using it, and believes it might be of use to psychiatrists, the way MDMA has been used. MDAI is of special interest because it seems not to produce CNS injury as MDMA has been suspected of. The rhinograde is considering increasing the dose. Although he took the maximum dose that has been recommended on DF, the effects were so mild that he doesn't believe that doubling that dose would be harmful.

Extremely thourough and well written trip report! thanks.
Enjoyable and thorough report. Cheers
Excellent experience report, good note taking, would like to see more like this.
very thorough experience report! A++!
Extremely well written report.
Intelligent, detailed, musing, informative and interesting report. Top- Quallity! Thank you so much! : )
Freaking hilarious and a delightful read, great information; rhinograde needs to get on BP medication! (why am I forced to only give one yellow star this time?)
nice, detail report, interesting conclusions.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:42
Silver Member

53 y/o Male from United Kingdom
amaz is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1

swim did 200mg of MDAI on its own, and although swim did get an empathogenic state of high, it wasn't anything amazing, and not terribly interesting compared to Methylone, M-ephedrone or others.

swim also did 200mg MDAI together with 200mg M1/Methylone (diluted and drunk) and had a VERY nice experience not dissimilar to a MDMA trip. was bumped up at 3hrs with a half dose, and total 'trip' was 7 hrs.

this swim thinks that MDAI is good as a mixer, but fairly useless on its own.

swim slightly concerned about neurotoxicity of mixes (see other posts same thread), but swim isn't a rat, and swim isn't considering regular dosing.

Thanks for sharing. More info like age and weight would be good.
thanks for sharing your experiences

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 06-05-2010 at 15:34. Reason: slang
Old 06-05-2010, 21:22
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom

Hello psychonauts!

Well, stlll having a gramme or two of MDAI left, SWIM's ploughing on in attempt to get something out of a drug that he's increasingly thinking just isn't for him.

Having failed to get anything noticeable out of a) 2 x 100mg and b) 1 x 200mg, he upped the dose to 300mg last night, dissolved in a little cola (NB: when SWIM swirled it round, it frothed up something amazing, making a thick, sludgy foam that tasted *vile*!)

Sadly, the most SWIM says he got from what seems, to him, quite a big dose (and an expensive one at that!) was a pleasant, warm glow. He thinks he could have gotten the same effect from a couple of glasses of wine and a spliff.

He was also disappointed that the reported mild sedative effect of MDAI didn't seem in evidence, cos SWIM was hoping that he could possibly combine it with methylone to help counter the latter's stimulant (ie insomniac) effect.

*sigh*

He still has a over a gramme and will continue his experimentation. Anyone out there have any suggestions for regimens that might get a different result to those he's tried so far? All suggestions welcome!

Sparky
xx

Share this on:

Tags
5-htp, aminoindanes, cyclic amphetamines, cyclized amphetamines, experience reports, injecting, mdai, methcathinone, methylenedioxyaminoindane, snorting drugs

» New Threads
Mixing Adderall with Wellbutrin
Last post by Giapsufsu
1 Replies, 34 Views
Taking 3 1.5 mg K-pins
Last post by Gutshot52
0 Replies, 1 Views
Urgent family court date serious...
Last post by AngelN
4 Replies, 245 Views
Dosage and Combination Questions
Last post by JFrancis23