Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing Questions
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing Questions Ask a question about drug testing

Old 15-08-2009, 04:15

33 y/o Male from Canada
tupac187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Unanswered: Does ritalin show on drug test?

Swim has a drug test to take does ritalin show up on it?....If so how long does it take ritalin to clear swim's system?
Old 15-08-2009, 04:31
Silver Member

Male from USA - Pennsylvania
Hollow Hippie is captain of the psychonauts.Hollow Hippie is captain of the psychonauts.Hollow Hippie is captain of the psychonauts.
Re: Does ritalin show on drug test?

Methylphenidate is not tested in standard or extended drug tests, but it is possible to test for. The period for which methylphenidate can be tested for is 1-2 days.

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/methylp..._testing.shtml
Old 15-08-2009, 04:34

33 y/o Male from Canada

If it is tested for if swim drinks alot of water and exercises more will it shorten the detection time?
Old 15-08-2009, 04:35
Silver Member

Hollow Hippie is captain of the psychonauts.Hollow Hippie is captain of the psychonauts.Hollow Hippie is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac187 View Post
If it is tested for if swim drinks alot of water and exercises more will it shorten the detection time?
They will not test for it unless a specific test has been called for methylphenidate. Drinking excess water will merely dilute the urine which will tip off the people testing your urine that you were drinking more water and they will lower the testing cut offs (the levels at which the drug is tested for).
Old 15-08-2009, 04:39
Silver Member

25 y/o Male
jok3r is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2

when swim got d.t.ed amphetamines came up in his urine. He had taken ritalin recreationally the day before because he too believe it didn't come up on a dt, but swim was taking to a lab at a hospital, and help there until the results showed. court ordered.
Old 15-08-2009, 04:42

33 y/o Male from Canada

swim don't know if it helps, think it is 5-panel drug test
Old 15-08-2009, 04:47
Silver Member

Quote:
swim don't know if it helps, think it is 5-panel drug test
Methylphenidate is not tested for on a standard 5 drug test, although anecdotal reports suggest it could trigger a false positive for amphetamine/methamphetamine.
Old 15-08-2009, 04:54
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,105, Level: 6 Points: 2,105, Level: 6 Points: 2,105, Level: 6
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

ritalin (methylpehidate) is very closely related to amphetamine, and it seems like it's in a "grey zone". Not sure if it's different enough to not be considered amphet, but it's something swim wouldn't risk unless verified that it won't trigger a pannel. As for cleaning out the system, niacin is the fastest way and is great for pannel 8 tests (or below). Drinking a shitload of water or anything that makes swiy piss a lot would help too. Coffee has swim pissin 10 min. after a cup, and a cup an hour would have swim constantly going. Sweating it out is also a great way to help clean out the system. Without these methods, as long as you're not a steady user and is on for a couple days, then off for an equal or longer time, it should take roughly 2-3 days. For the "chronic" user, roughly 5.
Old 15-08-2009, 04:56

33 y/o Male from Canada

If drinking more water won't help, will increasing exercise till test help.....
Old 15-08-2009, 04:57
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra$h View Post
ritalin (methylpehidate) is very closely related to amphetamine, and it seems like it's in a "grey zone". Not sure if it's different enough to not be considered amphet, but it's something swim wouldn't risk unless verified that it won't trigger a pannel. As for cleaning out the system, niacin is the fastest way and is great for pannel 8 tests (or below). Drinking a shitload of water or anything that makes swiy piss a lot would help too. Coffee has swim pissin 10 min. after a cup, and a cup an hour would have swim constantly going. Sweating it out is also a great way to help clean out the system. Without these methods, as long as you're not a steady user and is on for a couple days, then off for an equal or longer time, it should take roughly 2-3 days. For the "chronic" user, roughly 5.
Do you have citations for these claims? Sounds akin to those quackery cleansers that are sold by new age tards.
Old 15-08-2009, 04:58

33 y/o Male from Canada

swim has heard drink oj helps with amphetamines, would that help with ritalin?
Old 15-08-2009, 04:58
Silver Member

cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.

drinking water WILL help, more than exercise. Its just some drinks make people piss more. What drink makes you piss the most is up to your body's chemestry, and is different for everyone. The combo of the two is obviously best
Old 15-08-2009, 05:00
Silver Member

Quote:
drinking water WILL help, more than exercise. Its just some drinks make people piss more. What drink makes you piss the most is up to your body's chemestry, and is different for everyone. The combo of the two is obviously best
But how exactly does drinking liquid speed up the metabolization of a drug? Sorry if I am ignorant, I've just heard this every time someone talks about a drug test, but I never see an actual reference for it.
Old 15-08-2009, 05:01
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Hippie View Post
Do you have citations for these claims? Sounds akin to those quackery cleansers that are sold by new age tards.
This is from personal experience. The coffe is just an example that works for swim, so he'd imagine that there's someone else that's the same. As for working out, I don't have any specific citations for exercise, but just the general loss of fluids should help, and although this isn't about marijuana, burning fat would help make it less detectable. If this logic is flawed, please by all means let me know and I'll correct previous posts and all.

In a piss test, they test for drugs that have been in the bloodstream. Piss is basicly bad blood, and drugs go from bloodstream, to liver, and turned into piss. By drinking fluids this both dilutes the drug by decreasing the amount of drugs vs. other stuff in your piss. As for the metabolization part, liquids pretty much skip the stomach and go strait to the intestines where it's absorbed into the bloodstream. By increasing the amount of fluid intake, the body replaces the good with the bad. Since it can only hold so much, it pushes out the bad faster to make room for the good. I'm not too keen on the metabolization process and how it increases the amount of work the body does to rid the bad, but I've found this to be true, since the more you drink the more you piss, and it just makes enough sense to not do any more research.

And don't worry about you're ignorance, I'm glad I have the oppertunity to share knowlage, and it makes my day knowing that what I know has been used to help someone else!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Sry to rate this old post, but if you are still on board you might wanna correct your post,- urine is built by kidneys, not liver.

Last edited by cra$h; 15-08-2009 at 05:08.
Old 15-08-2009, 05:03
Silver Member

Quote:
This is from personal experience. The coffe is just an example that works for swim, so he'd imagine that there's someone else that's the same. As for working out, I don't have any specific citations for exercise, but just the general loss of fluids should help, and although this isn't about marijuana, burning fat would help make it less detectable. If this logic is flawed, please by all means let me know and I'll correct previous posts and all.
No, I don't think the logic is flawed, I am just curious to where this comes from. Thanks for the input.
Old 15-08-2009, 05:21
Silver Member

I'm sure there's a little something that's a little out of whack and me pointing this out was mainly for other members to correct me. Haha, don't feel bad, I'm learning too! But I honestly don't mind people asking why and questioning my knowlage, and I try to make sure it doesn't sound argumental, and I appriciate the thank you!
Old 15-08-2009, 05:21
Silver Member

Male from Switzerland
MisterV is captain of the psychonauts.MisterV is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2

Quote:
swim has heard drink oj helps with amphetamines, would that help with ritalin?
AS SWIM posted in another of your threads (you should stop starting so much threads about the same question in different forum areas) taking some ascorbic acid and drinking sour juices will help to clean out the ritalin of the system. The amount of the "pissed" out products depends on the pH of the urin. If SWIY has a high pH some parts of the substance goes back in your body and the detoxing will be slowed down!
SWIM read this for amphetamines and the relation to ritalin makes it possible to work there as well.

amount of the "pissed" out products depends on the pH of the urin needs citation!
Old 15-08-2009, 05:23
Silver Member

amphetamines are broken down in the stomach more quickly when the stomach has a high PH. This helps with it kicking in faster, and adversly (I assume) leaving a little quicker as well. OJ or other citric drinks might help enzymes in the liver filter things out more efficiently as well, but, not totally sure
Old 15-08-2009, 05:53
Silver Member

Male from Switzerland
MisterV is captain of the psychonauts.MisterV is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2

Quote:
amphetamines are broken down in the stomach more quickly when the stomach has a high PH.
SWIM thinks that the thread starters friend is already out of the stomach phase! If he now wants to speed up the detoxing he should probably try the ascorbic acid or citric juice trick. If he wants even with some sweaty workout!
Old 15-08-2009, 06:04
Silver Member

Just discribing the process for other readers, and skipping shit like this can leave people confused, you'd be surprised lol
Old 15-08-2009, 07:31

Male
oxyhydro needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Yes! Ritalin or chemically known as Methylphenidate is a schedule II drug and is very similar chemically to cocaine. There was even a study done where cocaine addicts very given Ritalin and told it was cocaine and most of them could not tell the difference in the high.

It is a water soluble drug so if you increase your water intake you can clear yourself out in less than a week, assuming its a urine test because if its a hair test its another story. I don't want to say too much about the hair test because frankly I don't know much about them but I have heard of them being able to detect pot with a hair test like 3 years after your last joint.

Do you have a reference for that study?
Old 30-08-2009, 01:21
Silver Member

Male from United States
DrGonzo is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1

All this talk of clearing the system is silly! Ritalin (methylphenidate) will only be tested for if you're specifically suspected of abusing THAT drug. Detoxing is a moot point, since it hardly ever matters if its in your system or not. It's like detoxing for LSD; yes, it will get it out of your system faster, but that doesn't mean it isn't completely pointless.

Unless you're a known Ritalin fiend you have nothing to worry about.
Old 17-09-2009, 08:13
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
SkitchSkitch should review received reputation comments.

Anything that increases your metabolism and high in antioxidants, like green tea will flush it, and yes it is in fact traced as an amphetamine. The body, as well as drug tests see coke, adderal, meth, ritalin and a few others in the same category.

Ritalin's half life, at the most is 7 hours. In other words, 2 and a half days you would be clean at the absolute latest(average at 35 hrs). The drug would be at such trace amounts, that it would be undetectable.

Absolutely false. Methylphenidate, cocaine, & "a few others" are NOT metabolised into amphetamine & therefore will NOT trigger a positive for amphetamine on a drug screen!
Old 24-12-2009, 19:58

Male from United States
cowsgomoo should review received reputation comments.
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

drinking quickly and/or chugging monster, red bull, nos, other energy drinks may help in detoxing...ritalin in this case...
Old 24-12-2009, 20:16
Gold Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
Nnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Hippie View Post
But how exactly does drinking liquid speed up the metabolization of a drug? Sorry if I am ignorant, I've just heard this every time someone talks about a drug test, but I never see an actual reference for it.
It doesn't speed up the metabolization. Metabolites are excreted in the urine. Drug tests test for metabolite concentrations. Peeing more before the test will help to remove more metabolites. As you might have noticed when you don't drink for a while, your pee is yellow because all the metabolites and other things excreted in the urine are concentrated. That's why they check to see if your urine is too diluted when they test it, the more diluted it is the less concentrated the metabolized drug will be. In addition, if the drug is water soluble, the more water available in the body, the higher the possibility that it is being flushed out with the excess water. Working out will help to remove stores of fat-soluble drugs.

Share this on:

Tags
blood drug test, drug testing, ritalin