Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 12-08-2009, 17:50

28 y/o Male
hellionsag is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
bromazepam & alcohol

hi, My Marmoset has a question for all you fine DF folks:

"yesterday i tried one tablet of 12mg bromazepam,high was ok but nothing special,fell asleep after 3 hours )

today i first did 1 tablet of 12 mg,and 2 hours later a second tablet
one hour after this i drank one can of beer (33 cl)
now i'm wonder,is it ok to drink another can of beer....
and maybe later take another tablet?

please reply soon,anny help would be gratly apreciated...
i know it's not 100 porcent safe mixing alcohol and benzo's and i've nver done it before,but the high from the bromazepam only isn't enough,and i only had 2 left today so i wanted to make em count... also my friends do this combination all the time so i thought i would be fine`...

so is it ok to drink another beer now,and maybe take another bromazepam 12mg some time later? or maybe just half of a tablet??

thanks in advance for ur wise words "

greetings from belgium

Last edited by Jatelka; 13-08-2009 at 06:59.
Old 13-08-2009, 07:02
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Re: comco question,urgent,bromazepam & alcohol

The wiseness of combining benzodiazepines and alcohol, both of which are CNS depressants are well covered here in these forums

At best we are talking about amnesia and oversedation, at worst, coma and an inability to protect one's airway

you seem to know this already, yet your monkey still expects someone to tell her that it's OK?
Old 13-08-2009, 10:13
Silver Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
bosch man is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatelka View Post
The wiseness of combining benzodiazepines and alcohol, both of which are CNS depressants are well covered here in these forums

At best we are talking about amnesia and oversedation, at worst, coma and an inability to protect one's airway

you seem to know this already, yet your monkey still expects someone to tell her that it's OK?

I am going to disagree with you partly as it depends on how much of each you take, as you may be aware my dog is very ill with anxiety and his vet has said or virtually ordered that he doesnt quit 12 units of alcohol at night just get down to 4 - 6 units in the evening and take .25 alprazolam during the day at 9.00am and 3.00pm and to add one more .25 with the alcohol if needed. He was told that to have an issue mixing youd need to be very old or have chronic asthma or be a drug abuser. Do you agree with this Jatelka?

I do agree personally though that this user and most folk who post on here are abusers and the combo should deffo not be mixed!
Old 13-08-2009, 11:09
missparkles missparkles is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%

Bosch man
If his doctor has advised him not to quit alcohol but to slowly reduce his intake (extremely sensible advice as seizures from alcohol withdrawal can be fatal) then he has to follow his doctors advice.
He also said that mixing benzo's with booze is a problem if someone is "very old or have chronic asthma or be a drug abuser" (not true combos of benzo's and alcohol can kill anyone if taken together). Then says he has an abuse problem.
So it would be a problem for him then?
Please don't assume that all at DF abuse drugs, it ain't so. Thinking that can only make swiy feel better about their own addiction. But it doesn't help him deal with it.
Just be very careful is what Sparkles would say.

PS. Sparkles says "hi" from the UK.
Old 13-08-2009, 18:54
Silver Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
bosch man is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1

Surely combos of benzo's and alcohol can only kill if you abuse them? A couple of beers and a .25 alprazolam couldnt kill anyone unless you had a chronic respioratory condition, the label on my dogs even says alcohol "should" be avoided not "avoid"

As for saying not all abuse drugs here, there is not many that dont i'd bet!.My dog abuses alcohol for self medication on the doctors approval and his liver is monitered, i say abuse the doc says no its his way of coping he hates drinking, but the doc wants him to cut down alcohol and take the xanax instead as its safer or with in small amounts as unfortunatly he has been condemned to a life of benzos after 18 years of trying alternative therapy etc to no avail. Alcohol works and benzo's do too. The doc knows he wont get to the taking 4 tablets and 10 beers route as he wont even take parecetemol or infact any drugs the doc pescribes.

...oh and Hi to
Old 14-08-2009, 06:33
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosch man View Post
Surely combos of benzo's and alcohol can only kill if you abuse them?
My experience on these boards (and the flamingo's personal experience) tells me that moderation is not a common characteristic of people who use benzodiazepines for recreational purposes!

Moderation becomes even less likely as benzodiazepines are ingested. Add in the extra disinhibition associated with alcohol...

This is an extremely dangerous combination, and one which always needs to be warned about

Post Quality Evaluations:
Agreed... as usual fantastic contribution to the thread.

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, alcohol and benzodiazepines, alcohol interactions, beer, bromazepam, bromazepam combinations, dangerous combinations, drugs