Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Beta-Ketones
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Beta-Ketones Mephedrone, Methylone, Butylone, Methedrone, Ethcathinone, 3-fluoroMethCathinone (3FMC), Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)

Old 27-06-2005, 04:00
radiometer radiometer is nu online
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,449, Level: 12 Points: 7,449, Level: 12 Points: 7,449, Level: 12
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Ethylone (bk-MDEA) trip reports

Two subjects recently ingested the novel compound 2-ethylamino-1-
(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)propan-1-one, or "ethylone". Here is one of
their reports:

At approximately 8:45 ingested 160mg of ethylone. 30 minutes later
noticed the need to go to the bathroom as well as some nausea that
seemed to come and go in the next half hour. I also experienced a slight
headache that came and went after the first 30 minutes. I didn't take
anything for the headache for fear of aggravating the nausea, but it may
not have been such a bad idea.

Full effects began about an hour afar ingestion. The effects were similar
to MDMA in that there was a significant lack of inhibition in terms of
talking about things that lie just beneath the surface but usually take
some work to get out when you are sober. Though there was no real
"push" from the substance itself, once a subject was brought up it was
very easy to open up and bring up subjects related to sexuality as well as
interpersonal relationships and talk about them with little inhibition. I
was taking the substance with my husband, so it was a definite aid in
taking about various aspects of our relationship. Much of the trip rotated
around talking about such issues and exploring our relationship sexually.
I have only ever really experienced that type of complete lack of inhibition
on MDMA. The difference with ethylone is that the euphoria is not there
both in terms of a body high as well as the mental euphoria. On the plus
side, that means you are able to focus when talking about important
issues and actually remember all aspects of the conversations the next
day rather than getting distracted every 5 minutes. Physically with
ethalone I would best describe the experience as stepping through a time
warp or sorts. In the ethalone world things seem to move in slow motion.
Your body feels a bit heavy and difficult to move, though once you move
there is no problem. Sexually I was unable to achieve an orgasm but the
sexual experience was extremely enjoyable nonetheless.

I would say the come down began at about 1:00/2:00am. There were
periods of falling into anxiety and negative feelings about the trip ending
as well as the desire to extend the trip but these did not last too long and
could be deflected to some extent by focusing on some other kind of
activity. I attempted to go to bed at about 5:00am and found it rather
difficult to fall asleep even after taking 1mg xanax. The period of falling
asleep was rather interesting because there were moments when I fell
into a kind of trip state where I wasn't asleep but was lost in the a kind of
closed eye world with very, very mild visuals. I woke up once in the
morning with a headache, very tired, but was able to sleep till about 1 pm
the next day.

I doubt if I will do this substance again anytime soon. The hangover was
very similar to ecstasy but I also had a headache though it went away with
some ibuprofen.Not sure if the headache was simply an exhibition of
my usual monthly migraines. It could have been.

I may consider low doses if there were any interpersonal relationship
issues I thought needed to be brought out. It would certainly aid with
such issues. Edited by: radiometer

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for sharing this experience.
Very interesting trip report

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 26-03-2010 at 01:14. Reason: prefix
Old 27-06-2005, 04:46
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Errata (I wanted to let her post without input):

Subject ingested ~150mg MDMA and 22mg 2C-B one week previous to
this experience. A booster was taken at ~2 hours, for a total of 250mg.
Also, she went to bed at around 4am, not 5am as reported.

For those who have this drug burning in their pocket, but want a
recommendation...this initial dosage (160mg) was agreed by both
subjects to be perhaps more than required, and the booster was
probably completely unnecessary. A slightly lower dose would probably
have done the same, without causing such difficulties with sleep.Edited by: radiometer
Old 27-06-2005, 07:20
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,438, Level: 14 Points: 9,438, Level: 14 Points: 9,438, Level: 14
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Thanks for the informative reports. I should also have a test subject ready soon!

How does ethylone compare subjectively to methylone?
Old 27-06-2005, 08:18
Platinum Member

Male from Australia
nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.
Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
whew, for a sec there i thought you were female, radiometer, which, given your avatar, brought back a memory of me first mushroom trip, where we thought we hallucinated a bearded lady, hilarious as shit we thought, laughing and pointing at the shared hallucination...who we then saw the next day and she did have a beard...

the total lack of euphoria is worrying somewhat, how much of this would you attribute to MDMA/2CB crosstolernce?Edited by: nanobrain
Old 27-06-2005, 17:13
bananadine addict

Male from United States
enquirewithin: what methylone lacks, ethylone has, and vice-versa. It's
probably very similar to how you described MBDB in the other thread.
Don't get your hopes up - you probably won't be very impressed based
on what you wrote.

nano: the lack of euphoria was attributed to the substance itself.
Honestly, it was surprising how active this was taken a week after MDMA.
This compound seems to have almost no effect on the catecholamine
systems, and considering the effects of methyone, it seems the euphoria
comes from that derection, rather than from serotonin. Ethylone feels
like it's all about serotonin.

I hope I'm not too lazy to do a good write-up for you all. One thing this
drugs has in common with MDMA is the multi-day hangover..

a quick summary:

dose: 160mg was perhaps too much, try starting at ~120mg

effects: similar to MDMA, without the 'fun' parts

not a drug for getting 'high', but very interesting and not unpleasant

primary effects lasted around 3-4 hours, but difficult to say when it was
'over'

major difficulties sleeping, very tired next day, somewhat tired 2nd day
after

This sure isn't one for everyone. Anyone looking for a 'methylone
replacement' will be disappointed. But in my opinion it's worth a try if
this report hasn't turned you off.

Lastly, we have the feeling that ethylone may not be all that good for
you.
It's now two days after, and a decision has not been reached as
to whether or not to buy any more.Edited by: radiometer
Old 04-07-2005, 00:35
Platinum Member

Male from Australia
nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.
the monkeys seem attracted, peeking into the cage with the ethylone, but they need more luring - they appear to be making signs indicating that they are not yet clear what the upsides of this compound are.

MDMA without the fun parts is no fun, they are screeching and hollering, and they may need convincing using harsher tactics.

seeing as how the monkeys are tainted and like a well-rounded experience, and you mention mostly serotonergic effects, would adding a bit of something dopaminergic from the family to the mix change / improve things to any notable extent? if so, any suggestions?

and whats the mg/kg ethylone/bodyweight should the scientist should be aiming for?

p.s. congrats on plat, radiometer, or have i just been asleep?Edited by: nanobrain
Old 05-07-2005, 15:45
bananadine addict

Male from United States
Lazy monkeys, time for some damned primary research out there. I've
done my part, now it's your turn... Edited by: radiometer
Old 07-07-2005, 13:27
Platinum Member

Male from Australia
Ah yes, one weary, ageing and to be sure, receptor damaged monkey was finally captured, enthralled by the promises of what the Methylone derivative could offer.

T 0:00 Said monkey, weighing 70kg, instructed by the wise words of radiometer, who suggested 160mg may have been a bit much, was administered 150mg of Ethylone on a mostly empty stomach in a capsule. Usual nootropic regimen (piracetam, l-phenylalanine, caffeine, magnesium and a multivite) was taken about 10 hours prior.

Setting - late afternoon, post work, cold winter outside – for Australia anyhow, the monkey considered making a hat out of the rather non-suspecting, but very warm, and longhaired cat. Naturally the cat feels the monkeys intent and runs under the bed. Notion abandoned in favour of cleaning the semi-imaginary house debris, awaiting the Soulmate. Vibe Tribe on the 5.1 sounding a bit fast for the vacuum cleaner but the job is finished in no time.

T 0:20 First alert, a barely perceptible lifting of mood, definite cinnamin-maply burps, stomach acid goes up, quelled with a chewy Quick Ease, umm berry flavor.

T 0:40 If this was Methylone, the monkey would be in peak mode. Alas, the monkey is feeling somewhat agitated, and wondering if the dose was too low. Current music selection turns fairly crappy, some ambient mix that sounds like toilet water ran through a delay with some pads made by somnibulent one-fingered music school dropout.

T 1:00 This must be the peak, but there is noticeably no euphoria and in fact some dysphoria. No clear thinking easy breathing this material, the body feels heavy, punch drunk, jaw tension and some grinding. Heavy cardio push (pulse 140) and at this point the monkey definitely thinks the dose was not too low, although much more - something - is wanted – but certainly not more Ethylone.

T 1:20 Mindstate uneasy, music now Tratosphere - Bizar Bazar, groovier, funkier and does nothing for the mood which is somewhat grim, scattered and off-balance. Some clinical analytical push towards personal issues, but shallow and non-essential – seemed more of a distraction, really.

With time, feeling continually more off kilter, had to climb on a chair to hang a fallen curtain and felt like maintaining coordination took extra effort – unusual for this monkey.

T 1:40 The Soulmate arrives to the monkey’s great joy and immediately sees the tension in the body. Conversation is easy but nothing humoured or inspired, or even deep. Feel awake and stupid, try reading and while the words make sense, forget what the monkey was reading half way down the page. This feels wrong. A couple rips of the cone, some Nimbin outdoor primo sensi, but heavy on the indica side, does little to improve the situation.

So, 42 mg Methylone is taken via oral to see whether this may help the awake, mentally challenged, heavy and really, drunken, feeling.

T 2:20 Whew. Methylone quickly set things straight and a long deep therapeutic massage from the Soulmate - who for some reason like monkeys - does wonders, for the spirit.

Now, writing has some appeal and flows, the fuzziness of the Ethylone is replace by the familiar Methylone clarity and good spirits, and Lemmy Kilmister is not a sausage smoker after all. There is positive synergy, heart rate is down, breathing normalised, mood up, music enhanced.

T 3:40 Another 40mg Methylone to elevate and maintain what is now a good state. Not yet any desire to smoke DMT, but this may change. The cones are now pulled with ease, the fluffy buds bristling with white and red crystals.

T 4:20 Holy shit, just found out London was bombed as the monkey was peaking on the Ethylone, the bad vibes could have been a perceived disturbance in the human morphogenic field. Shit.

T 5:00 The effects of Methylone now predominate, thankfully, and are tapering to a light euphoria and the typical ephedrone stimulation. Fascinating to watch the reaction from the bombings, like a massive anthill that’s been stepped on.

The stimulation is expected to continue for another 3 hours. If anything changes, the scientist will update.

Conclusion: all said and done, the negatives outweighed the positives on this one, said the monkey who is not keen on hard stimulation of its ageing cardiovascular system without the empahtogenic / entactogenic rewards.

The monkey will not repeat, unless Ethylone is used to boost in case the lab is running low on Methylone. Yes, now the monkey knows what “MDMA without the fun” is all about. Which, come to think of it was just what MDEA on its own was like.

While MDEA is synergetic with MDMA, the monkey found the cathinone derivatives to act in a similar fashion.Edited by: nanobrain
Old 08-07-2005, 17:43

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
A subject has assayed mebylone. He was a bit worried after reading the reports about ethylone, but report is very postive.
The euphoria and empathy are there. It's like methylone but possibly more
exciting, but not much like MBDB. The duration is simalar. Perhaps it is more potent too, as
the subject thought the dose of 150 mg was perhaps too high.

I'll post a full report later.

Edited by: enquirewithin

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 26-03-2010 at 01:08. Reason: old code
Old 11-03-2007, 23:48
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
methologist is captain of the psychonauts.methologist is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 541, Level: 3 Points: 541, Level: 3 Points: 541, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Ethylone

Since Methylone recently got scheduled and went off the market, swim noticed a new substance Ethylone.
Everyone says Ethylone isnt nearly as good as Methylone, swim is wondering if any have experienced this and what it was like.

Last edited by nanobrain; 14-03-2007 at 01:12. Reason: yabba dabba doo, reggae and coffee doobie, doobie doobie doo
Old 12-03-2007, 00:57
bananadine addict

Male from United States
Re: Ethylone experiences

Ethylone has been off the market since 2005. It's great to see it offered once again. Perhaps someplace which charges less outrageous prices may also offer it some time.

Last edited by radiometer; 12-03-2007 at 01:04.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:18
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
Re: Ethylone

Quote:
Originally Posted by methologist View Post
Since Methylone recently got scheduled and went off the market,
Huh? In what countr(ies) was Methylone scheduled? SWIM never heard anything about this. It also appears to still be on the market, although certainly not widely available.

Last edited by nanobrain; 14-03-2007 at 01:12.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:21
bananadine addict

Male from United States

Japan, as far as i know. Methylone and and other chemicals were the reason that the owner of a well-known Japanese vendor was arrested a while back (see link below). I remember hearing that both have or will be scheduled along with a raft of other chemicals, but I can't seem to find a single reference for it. Regardless, Japan has made it clear that they will prosecute what they consider to be analog law violations. Gotta love those google translations! "Medicine thing method" lol. The surprising thing is that Japanese vendors seemed to keep selling it long after this guy was arrested, rather than the fact that they appear to have stopped doing so.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:04

Male from Earth
RoboCop is on the way upRoboCop is on the way upRoboCop is on the way upRoboCop is on the way up
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7

The oral dose of this substance s4eems to be about 150mgs average. Would this amount decrease the usual 3x as methylone if done rectally? Has anyone tried this rectally as methylone has been tested on monkeys many times?
Old 12-03-2007, 08:19
bananadine addict

Male from United States

Since this thread (and compound) has been resurrected, I hope the point was well made in the intial post that this is not really a recreational "fun" drug per se, but one with which those experienced with using MDxx class drugs in a relaxed, relationship-building setting might use to get at least some of the same benefits.

Ethylone is quite stoning - the initial post above was submitted to Erowid under the title "Like MDMA without the fun." It is, however, an excellent booster after the peak of a methylone trip to make the ride down much smoother, more tolerable, and more useful to boot. Experientially, it really seems to not effect catecholamines to any significant extent, only serotonin.

Last edited by radiometer; 12-03-2007 at 08:24.
Old 24-03-2007, 18:44
Silver Member

Male from United States
astenu is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiometer View Post
Ethylone is quite stoning - It is, however, an excellent booster after the peak of a methylone trip to make the ride down much smoother, more tolerable, and more useful to boot.
at what doses would SWIM try this combo? SWIM is guessing around 200mg M1 followed by 70mg Ethylone after the peak
Old 24-03-2007, 21:19
bananadine addict

Male from United States

That sounds pretty reasonable. SWIM didn't have enough ethylone to figure out the best dosing regimen. SWIM liked combining methylone and ethylone in a booster.

Man, does he miss this chemical. Not very special on its own, but coming off of methylone without the sketchy feelings was a wonderful thing.
Old 27-03-2007, 00:38
Gold Member

Male from United Kingdom
turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4

SWIM's friend is looking forward to trying this substance soon. The combination with methylone sounds like an excellent idea.
Old 27-03-2007, 00:57

Male from Bermuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyphant View Post
SWIM's friend is looking forward to trying this substance soon. The combination with methylone sounds like an excellent idea.
Eythylone/ bk-MDA might be hard to find these days. SWIM agrees with SWIR that it mixed well with methylone. It has a nice little buzz of its own, but not much euphoria, and too much seems to lead to negative feelings.

SWIM wishes that there were more beta-ketones around, apart from methylone/ bk-MDMA.
Old 27-03-2007, 12:16
Gold Member

Male from United Kingdom
turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.turkeyphant really adds to the discussion.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by enquirewithin View Post
Eythylone/ bk-MDA might be hard to find these days.
Ethylone and butylone are still available for importation to certain countries where they are not scheduled yet. Of course they are not as easily obtained as methylone but they are certainly around.
Old 27-03-2007, 19:46
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Well, SWIM is curious to know if bk-MDBD would be worth the assay. It does not sound like it from what SWIM has read, but any other subjective impressions would be appreciated.
SWIM liked about 60mg ethylone with 150-200mg methylone. SWIM was trying a more even ratio (150:100mg) but it was too much. SWIM might still have a little left from long ago and was actually considering adding it in to the mix for the next methylone trial on SWIM's primate.
Does butylone in combination add to the experience the way ethylone does? SWIM remembers reading otherwise (that it was dysphoric and not fun) but is curious about other's impressions. After all, a monkey's taste will vary..
Old 27-03-2007, 20:16
bananadine addict

Male from United States

SWIMs wife tried boosting methylone with bk-MBDB once. She had an awful experience and neither of them has ever been inclined to try again. SWIM had to give her a fair amount of benzodiazepines to alleviate her marked dysphoria which was starting to lead towards a panic attack.

Based on the one data point, it's basically the opposite of boosting with ethylone - excessive stimulation, dysphoria, MORE sketchy feelings than from methylone alone. A big disappointment to SWIM and spouse as they had a decent amount of bk-MBDB around and no way to procure any more ethylone. SWIM gave all of his bk-MBDB away except for a small archival sample.

Last edited by radiometer; 27-03-2007 at 20:23.
Old 27-03-2007, 20:30
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Thanks SWIRadiometer. SWIM will take that one off of the wishlist. SWIM had read nothing but the same about it and figures the consensus of opinions is worth heeding...
Old 28-03-2007, 03:55

Male from Bermuda

SWIM's experiences have been different. In his opinion, bk-MBDB is more stimulating than methylone or ethylone/ bk-MDA and more euphoric. This is strange because MBDB is a lethargic sort of material with nothing of interest to SWIM.

He thinks that bk-MBDB is actually taken better on it's own. The dosage is comparable with methylone. Combinations are better when you know both materials a little.

He has tried combining it with methylone to very good effect and has only experienced dysphoria when taking too much of that combination, both redosing in, either order, or mixing the two. Perhaps people unused to stimulants might find bk-MDBD too stimulating, perhaps other factors unknown make this material dysphoric for some. All stimulants turn dysphoric if you take them too often or react badly to them.

SWIm found ethylone more dysphoric than bk-MBDB and, although OK but rather unexciting by itself. Re-dosing ethylone with ethylone seemed fairly negative-- paranoid thoughts, etc, but not very alarming.
Old 28-03-2007, 04:08
bananadine addict

Male from United States

SWIM first tried bk-MBDB by itself and had a lousy experience, sans euphoria. To be fair, he and mrs SWIM only tried it the once each, and it could very well be that further exploration might have provided better results. But between this bad experience and the one with the missus having a hard time of it with the methylone combo, it was decided that enough had been tried.

This has all gotten a bit off-topic to "ethylone experiences," perhaps it would be better to start a new thread comparing these beta-ketos instead?

From what I've read and seen, the responses to bk-MDEA and to bk-MBDB have been all over the map.

Share this on:

Tags
3fmc, alcohol, australia, bk-mde, bk-mdea, butylone, caffeine, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, ecstasy, ethylone, experience report, marquis, mdai, mdea, methylone, pentylone, research chemical, serotonin, snorting, trip report