Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Opium & Poppy
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 14:58

Male from United States
sturdychinfilms needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Opium vs Oxycodone

Can anyone tell me the different between tar opium that you smoke and Oxycodone effects wise? I have tried Oxycodone with pretty good effects so I want to try Opium cause some has become available. Are the effects similar? I had to give up smoking weed because it made my anxiety skyrocket I hear Opium is like weed without the anxiety. Is that true? I guess I really just wanna know if I liked Oxycodone will I like opium?
Old 03-08-2009, 18:53

30 y/o Male
StreetProphet is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Opium vs Oxycodone

please see the rules about self incrimination
Old 03-08-2009, 19:08
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.
Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6

SWIM wouldn't say that opium is like weed without the anxiety...at all. Expect for the intoxication part.
Old 03-08-2009, 20:02
Silver Member

Male from Vanuatu
Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy View Post
Except for the intoxication part.
Guessing that's what swisturdy is asking about.

As Porchy has duly noted, it may be relatively accurate to describe the effects of opium as 'weed without the anxiety', but pharmacologically there is no such resemblance. Opium is addictive and therefore poses a hazard that marijuana does not.

As far as comparing oxy to opium, when someone experiences oxy they are experiencing a semi-synthetic derivative of opium. Oxy is sometimes thought of as a 'speedy' or 'talkative' or even 'energetic' type of high. Opium is often described as a more 'sedate', or 'mellow' experience.

Hope this helps.

And learn to swim.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good advice clearly given.
Old 15-08-2009, 07:52

Male
oxyhydro needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

First off its gonna be hard to find opium on the street, most people that smoke it grow their own for personal use and it doesnt get smuggled because its much more valuable to convert it to heroin and them smuggle it in.

I've never done it but I've heard it is like a really intense morphine high, like between snorting and shooting.
Old 15-08-2009, 11:26
Titanium Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
LostCelestial is a decent psychonaut.LostCelestial is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2

In SWIM's experience opium is a very relaxed, sedative effect. One can smoke/ingest and soon enough be happy to lay wherever one is for a very long time, unconcerned with just about anything. It will make SWIYs body feel light, and make him able to be comfortable in whatever position he is in.

Oxy on the other hand is much more lucid. Although a more powerful drug, it is picked for treatment of chronic pain mainly because it allows one to function much more. Although one may still feel floppy, and in recreational doses still quite anaesthetised, SWIM found that he was much more able to do ... well.. anything.

If SWIY likes Oxy then he will probably enjoy opium. They aren't the same, but SWIY will find the experiences similar, and SWIY may well prefer opium. SWIM definitely does.

SWIM has found it difficult to describe to heavy pot smokers just how different the feeling of opium is from the feeling of being stoned.

Yes, SWIM knows that all the reports sound kind of similar, and the effects SOUND kinda the same. But don't think that with opium you just found yourself a 'new weed'. It is NOT the same.

More so than anything else it will NOT make you able to enjoy the music of I.C.P or indeed of Phish, which SWIM believes is a firm barometer of stonedness.

The biggest difference, is that if SWIY tries to treat opium ANYTHING like weed, then it may well kill him. SWIY cannot spend a day 'getting high'. He may be able to stagger his dose, or take a little more towards the end, to stay high, but SWIM is firmly of belief that trying to spend a whole day, or even more than a few minutes eating/smoking/dosing will kill the crap out of SWIY.

SWIM feels it needs stating again - Opium is NOT hyperweed.

Share this on:

Tags
anxiety, drug, drugs, marijuana, opiate, opium, opium compared, opium tea, oxycodone, oxycodone effects, oxycontin, raw opium, smoking opium, smoking oxycodone, tea, weed