Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > Law and order > Drug Policy Reform & Narco Politics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug Policy Reform & Narco Politics The war on drugs, drug politics, how drugs influence politics & (inter)national conflicts.

Old 18-07-2009, 22:07
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Sven99 is on the way upSven99 is on the way upSven99 is on the way up
Points: 579, Level: 3 Points: 579, Level: 3 Points: 579, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Amazon and Drug testing

Near where I live is a big Amazon distribution warehouse. Its only been built fairly recently, and has been doing a lot of recruiting recently - and as a result I've had a few friends get offers of work through agencies there. The agency staff have advised however that the company practises mandatory drug testing for new employees.

Now call me cynical, but whats the particular need to drug test warehouse staff? I'm considering writing them a letter to advise them they won't be getting any of my business because of this policy.
Old 19-07-2009, 19:21
Silver Member

Male from United States
merlion497 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Re: Amazon and Drug testing

I would guess that since you are going to be operating heavy machinery, or be around it, IE forklifts, insurance dictates that you need to be drug free. i have seen alot of my jobs drugtest because of this, they just need to cover their asses. Imagine if you are working and some high as hell dude cripples you with a forklift. the company wants to be able to say they took all the required precautions to prevent drug users from working there. That amazon is not held liable for it. This is all speculation, just what i figure.
Old 19-07-2009, 21:51
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Sven99 is on the way upSven99 is on the way upSven99 is on the way up
Points: 579, Level: 3 Points: 579, Level: 3 Points: 579, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlion497 View Post
I would guess that since you are going to be operating heavy machinery, or be around it, IE forklifts, insurance dictates that you need to be drug free. i have seen alot of my jobs drugtest because of this, they just need to cover their asses. Imagine if you are working and some high as hell dude cripples you with a forklift. the company wants to be able to say they took all the required precautions to prevent drug users from working there. That amazon is not held liable for it. This is all speculation, just what i figure.
That would make sense, if the test included a test for alcohol - the drug most likely to be used that would cause inebriation to the level that could be dangerous when operating machinery. However it doesn't. Since the majority of class A drugs are out of the system within a few days, its mostly going to catch pot-smokers - even if they only toke once a month, it'll still be in their system.
Old 20-07-2009, 09:03
Silver Member

Male from United States
merlion497 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1

Haha, you are correct. I never thought about the fact that alcohol wasn't part of those tests. Funny picturing someone stumbling into the office, passing a piss test, then stumbling back home with a new job having passed, ready to drnk more in celebration.

Share this on:

Tags
drug, drug test, drug testing, failed drug test