Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ethnobotanicals Psychedelic plants, Iboga, Calea, Blue lotus, Ephedra, Sinicuichi, Betel nut, etc.

Old 19-06-2005, 11:27
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,277, Level: 41 Points: 83,277, Level: 41 Points: 83,277, Level: 41
Activity: 51.9% Activity: 51.9% Activity: 51.9%
Please post info and questions on the basics ofBlue lotususe here. Ways of use, Dosage, Background, toxicity, etc...
Old 19-06-2005, 21:33

37 y/o Male from United States
panchovilla should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 190, Level: 2 Points: 190, Level: 2 Points: 190, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
I am now wondering which plant is actually the "Blue Lotus" of ancient text, Nymhaea caerulea or Nelumbo nuciferine.

Last edited by panchovilla; 06-03-2007 at 18:42.
Old 24-06-2005, 04:23
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

delta8 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm convinced blue lotus is placebo. I have used the flower petals as a tea, the stamens steeped in wine for a week, and a 25x extract, all in doses WAY above what the websites recommended, and didn't feel a thing.

Edited by: delta8
Old 28-06-2005, 11:07
Titanium Member

39 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Montgolfier is captain of the psychonauts.Montgolfier is captain of the psychonauts.
I agree with you delta8 - Ive had no effects (other than needing to vomit) from Blue lotus and Ive tried mixing with alcohol - brewing as a tea -eating raw -and smoking -nothing! Edited by: MrCheese
Old 28-06-2005, 11:30
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Earth
RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
LOL bluelotus is NOT PLACEBO. Just because you are a hard head does not mean you can say it is uneffective. It would not have such a long history of use as an entheogen if it was placebo.

Try a new source.
Old 03-08-2005, 19:16
Silver Member

Male
dclacomb is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Hell, a lot of people dismissed Salvia as a placebo until Siebert isolated Salvinorin A and started making extracts.

Post Quality Evaluations:
One of the few examples when a one liner phrase adds to the discussion.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:02

BlackEyed is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Well I personally have never had blue lotus, but white lotus grows in
every lake around here so i have got a mild weed like high every time I
dry the fresh petals out and smoke them.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:03

BlackEyed is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Does blue lotus grow any where in the united states or is it strictly egyptian ahha?
Old 11-08-2005, 15:36

draxon is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Ive used a very potent blue lotus extract aswell as brewing teas... The stuff is hardly worth it i catch more of a buzz from shisha. . . the extract was quite expensive i ended up putting half of it which was supposidly very strong in tea resulting in minimal effects. . . also tried smoking an extract . . tasted bad and no effect
Old 06-11-2005, 00:20
Banned

Male
mtv jercough should review received reputation comments.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1
i feel really dumb asking this. is this plant legal?
Old 23-11-2005, 04:08

jj42099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can blue lotus show up in a drug test? And if so what what category would it fall under?
Old 23-11-2005, 04:09
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,277, Level: 41 Points: 83,277, Level: 41 Points: 83,277, Level: 41
Activity: 51.9% Activity: 51.9% Activity: 51.9%
I highly doubt that.
Old 23-11-2005, 23:52

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
I have no first hand experience, but there has never been anyone, as far as I know, that claimed blue lotus can cause false positives for anything. Like alf said I highly doubt it.
Old 28-11-2005, 22:05

56hoperoad is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it's legal
Old 29-11-2005, 18:05

imaginefication is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
The basics are basically no lilly or lotus is psychoactive in its dried form at a reasonable dose. i've tried blue lilly of the nile, white, pink and blue lotus (real blue lotus)from multiple vendors and tried consuming them in every way. , I ate a gram of co2 extract (the alkaloids from ounces of lotus), nothing, I've eaten very high doses of the resinous extracts of lilly (w/ and w/ out alcohol)from multiple vendors, still nothing, I madea lotus and lilly resinwith a cold everclear extract which took almost two months, dissolved in alcohol withno effects.I tried eating an ounce of raw petals on more than one occasion to try both the lotusand thelilly, which was extrordinarily disgusting (used honey to help) but still absolutely no effect. I've smoked every kind of petal and they do nothing but burn your throat, all though if you roll your own cigs i was told the blue lilly (not the lotus though)mixed good with tobacco and tasted pretty good, but on its own everyone agreed it burns your throat too much and does nothing. I smoked different kinds of extracts and though they didn't taste bad, none of them burned properly at all, and ofcourse they didn't do anything. If this plant is psychoactive it is only at extremely high doses, or perhaps only when its fresh. Maybe the main alkaloid is very unstable and degrades really fast. Besides logically since it is an opiate it would be a much bigger deal if it really worked and would be more popular and talked about in forums and on drug sites. But even though its been around for a long time there is no hype about itbecause its completely bunkmeister. Im going to ask Erowid if they will label this plant as placebo so no one makes my mistake again and wastes time and money looking for a real medicine and it turns out to be a crappy smoke admixture.
Old 16-03-2006, 14:22
Palladium Member

26 y/o Male from Finland
psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.
Points: 1,847, Level: 6 Points: 1,847, Level: 6 Points: 1,847, Level: 6
It seems to me that Blue Lotus, as some(many) other legal herbs, doesn't seem to be working for everyone. 'Even' Salvia doesn't work for everyone despite the fact that it's one of the strongest (and strangest) psychedelics known to man.

Swim's been planning to order some Lily and some other legal stuff one of these days. Kanna sounds also quite nice and Ibogaine. The site Swims ordering seems really trustworthy and good. Below every substance there are listed countrys the product can't be send to and the lists seem quite covering. Swims a bit spectig, though, if the Ibogaine is legal where Swim lives since it's after all quite strong psychedelic. Wild lettuce also seems quite interesting. Hope they do their tricks. Amanitas didn't work for swim.
Old 18-07-2006, 21:04
Banned

38 y/o Male
Snowman needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
SWIM made a cup of tea with White Lily which is very similar to Blue Lotus, after two sips SWIM had to give up because it was evident more would cause SWIM to throw up.
Old 25-07-2006, 17:32
Gold Member

Male
London_Bloke must live here.London_Bloke must live here.London_Bloke must live here.London_Bloke must live here.London_Bloke must live here.London_Bloke must live here.London_Bloke must live here.London_Bloke must live here.
Points: 1,090, Level: 5 Points: 1,090, Level: 5 Points: 1,090, Level: 5
SWIM and SO tried Blue Lotus 25:1 standardized extract. SWIM hates to smoke, SO loves to smoke. SWIM made tea from .5 gram extract, vanilla and fresh grated ginger. Not bad to drink, house smelled wonderful. SWIM felt absolutely nothing. SO tried 200mg smoked, and now claims it is his preferred "mellow" smoke.

2 test monkeys in the same cage, similar tastes, yet one felt nothing and the lther loved it enough to buy more.

How's that for a zero consensus?
Old 27-09-2006, 19:30
Silver Member

Male from United States
chilliker is captain of the psychonauts.chilliker is captain of the psychonauts.chilliker is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 754, Level: 4 Points: 754, Level: 4 Points: 754, Level: 4
I havent yet tried Blue Lotus but in my knowledge isnt SWIM soppouse to soak some leaves in wine (or any other alcohol i guess) for a couple of days and then drink that (with the petels not removing them) WHILE and notice the enfasis in WHILE your smoking it? Nobody here has mentioned that yet, has anybody tryed it?
Old 22-05-2007, 16:29
Silver Member

25 y/o Male
Mr.Nixon is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Re: Blue lotus basics

SWIY doesnt have to do both
SWIY should be able to smoke it an be just fine
but if SWIY doesnt like smoking things you can make a tea or add to wine
Either or doesnt matter but SWIM prefers kicking back with a lot
on a day with nothing particular to do and just smoke
its cheap enough to consistantly smoke all day
but wiether or not your lungs can handle it is diffrent i guess
SWIMs friends couldnt handle it while SWIM could
SWIM has an indian tomahawk / pipe with a HUGE bowl
that he likes to take to the park on a nice day with an Oz. of lotus
kick back on a hill, relax, smoke smoke smoke, and enjoy life
Old 22-05-2007, 17:41
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8

So what would the consensus be to do with all these little 1gm black-buttons of blue lotus resin that Bongo has littering his kitchen spice-cabinet? Smoke it? Brew it? Feed the garbage-disposal with it?
Old 22-05-2007, 21:43
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12

Smoking seems to be the way to go, unless an ancient Egyptian whispered a special beverage preparation technique into your ear last time you visited the pyramids.
Old 16-10-2007, 18:32
Silver Member

Male from Canada
InsaneNcrazY is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

Blue lotus has SEDATIVE properties not so much psychoactive, drinking just about any amount of tea gives me the same effects. Smoking blue lotus does very little to nothing. Most times after a night of drinking SWIM and friends steep enough tea for everyone put SWIM into a restful sleep waking up refreshed the next morning.
Also something with dreams may also play a factor but then again I take a 50mg 5-HTP 10-15mins before sleeping.
Old 04-11-2007, 13:09
Gold Member

Female
Perception Addict must live here.Perception Addict must live here.Perception Addict must live here.Perception Addict must live here.Perception Addict must live here.Perception Addict must live here.Perception Addict must live here.
Points: 1,122, Level: 5 Points: 1,122, Level: 5 Points: 1,122, Level: 5

Just like to mention that the archive has a really great documentary on this substance, the sacred weeds: blue lotus. It's really interesting and clears up a lot of these thoughts.
Old 04-11-2007, 14:31
Gold Member

30 y/o Male from Netherlands
Pino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPACPino must think in IUPAC
Points: 1,973, Level: 6 Points: 1,973, Level: 6 Points: 1,973, Level: 6
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Swim puts them in some low quality red wine. -Please use cheap red wine, it will taste like shit afterwards- (Mostly around 7 grams) And then put the bottle in the refridgerator for a couple of days -mostly 3-. Swim doesn't understand the opium connection. It is just a hypnotic with a dreamlike quality. A nice sleep aid swim would say. Nothing to strong. It is a nice sedative plant. However a friend of swim didn't feel it, so it differs from people to people. The tea is less effective than the wine. The tea does taste better than the wine. Swim thinks he tries vodka the next time with a higher amount of the flowers, the next time he buys a batch. Smoking swim never tried.

Some batches swim had, weren't as effective. At those times he had to put double the dose in the wine, which didn't make the taste better. It is great to add to your kratom then the taste actually improves.

Share this on:

Tags
blue lotus, blue lotus effects, blue lotus tea, drug forums, nymphaea caerulea, smoking blue lotus, snorting drugs, using blue lotus