Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 27-03-2005, 20:03
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

bogumil is a decent psychonaut.bogumil is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 725, Level: 4 Points: 725, Level: 4 Points: 725, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Kratom experiences

Anyone who has experience with that? The stuff is called Kratom. I just ordered 30 gr. for xx EUR. The guy below used 6 grams. That would be a good price if its really that good. Here isthe experience vault:

I have been interested in kratom for quite some time, and have researched it very thoroughly, so I felt comfortable giving it a try this weekend. I had discovered that the primary active principle, mitragynine, is not very soluble in water, and that as a result many of the dosage recommendations are somewhat suspect. Furthermore, I found that even people using water extraction methods tend to regard the 25-50 gram 'strong experience' recommendation to be insanity. As a result of this research, I decided to use only 6 grams (2 tablespoons), expecting that this would probably afford me a medium-level experience. Boy was I in for a surprise!

Preparation:
I placed 6g crushed Kratom (regular crushed kratom, NOT superkratom) into a small glass, and poured in just enough ethanol (I used 80 proof vodka) to cover the leaves, and put it in the microwave for 15 seconds. Much of the ethanol was absorbed into the leaves, so I again poured in enough to just barely cover them, and microwaved for another 10 seconds, then strained the liquid into a teacup. I then added 70 mL water to the glass, and microwaved it for another 45 seconds. I let it steep for a few minutes, then microwaved it for 10 more seconds for good measure. I added this liquid to the alcohol/kratom extract in the teacup.

My total yield was 1/3 cup of opaque light brown liquid, and my total preparation time was about 5 minutes. Makes me feel sorry for the folks who slave over the stove, boiling and re-boiling and reducing their brew.

The Experience:
At 11:05pm, I drank the kratom brew, and washed it down with some iced tea. It was very bitter, but really not too bad. I've certainly consumed worse things in the name of psychoactivity.

About 5 minutes later, I was beginning to feel a creeping euphoria wash over me. Since I was only expecting a moderate experience, I had whipped up a bowl of Kava Kava to augment the experience. I started to drink a cup of it, then realized that maybe I should wait if the effects of the kratom were already noticeable, and I didn't want to overdo things.

At 11:25pm (T+20), I was feeling a very intense euphoria. I couldn't believe that I'd had such a wonderful plant just sitting in my drawer for several months without having tried it. I haven't tried any opiates, so I don't have a very good basis for comparison, but my guess is that if you have experience with opiates, you will know the feeling that I'm talking about.

At 11:30pm (T+25), my face begins to feel warm. Over the next half hour, warm becomes hot, and I begin sweating profusely. I try standing by my window, but that doesn't help, so I lay down on my floor and start fanning myself. This helps somewhat.

Being a fan of cannabis, I tend to associate euphoria with food appreciation, so I had put a snack in the oven. When it was done (around midnight, T+55), I got up to get it, and discovered nausea. I brought the food into my room, then promptly set it aside, feeling that my stomach wasn't up to eating. I lay down for a minute or two. This helped, so long as I didn't look around too quickly. I then got up and decided to put my bowl of kava in the fridge, since the experience seemed far more intense than I had anticipated already. This brought on more nausea, but I was able to handle it, and I quickly returned to my room and lay back down. I also seem to have minor shakes, which manifested whenever I got up to do something.

The nausea and the shakes didn't concern me, since both are very commonly associated with opiates, and my pulse was normal. They did, however, indicate that my dose was significantly more than 'moderate'. These mild discomforts were pretty well offset by the euphoria, which was still very intense.

At 12:20am (T+1:15), I began floating in and out of waking dreams, the 'nod', whatever you want to call it, where you're not really asleep but you still see dreamlets and dream fragments floating before your eyes. This goes on for quite some time. I find myself wishing that I had smoked some Calea, so I could see what effect it would have on the waking dreams, but I don't want to get up and risk losing the dreaming part of the experience.

At 12:40am (T+1:35) the hot flashes and shakes seem to have ended. At 1:15am (T+2:10) things began to calm down somewhat, my mind began to clear and the waking dreams began to grow fewer and further between.

At 2:00am (T+2:55), the waking dreams are pretty much over, and my head's mostly cleared, but the euphoria's still with me. My stomach has a little discomfort, but it's not bad; I can walk around without nausea. The euphoria is still present.

By 3:30am (T+4:25) I am effectively back to baseline. I still have a mild afterglow from the experience, but the blatant euphoria is gone.

Conclusions:
I've been reading through the opiate vaults to get a basis for comparison, and I'd say that my kratom experience was probably equivalent to a strong oxycodone experience. I cannot stress enough how important it is to be careful when using kratom. Although erowid lists 6 grams (of dry leaf) as somewhere between a Threshold and Light experience, I would subjectively consider my experience to fall between Strong and Very Strong. I highly recommend using an ethanol-based extraction technique and starting with a dose of 3 grams (1 tablespoon). I realize this is contrary to most of the information that you will find, since most sources do not even consider 3 grams to be an active dose, but it is my opinion that this is generally due to extreme inefficiency of extraction techniques.

Post Quality Evaluations:
self incrimanation and prices
Good idea for a thread. Thanks for sharing your experiences and getting the ball rolling.
Thanks for sharing. I'll be having some of this soon so the report helps.

Last edited by Bajeda; 01-06-2007 at 16:10. Reason: prices
Old 17-06-2005, 23:29
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,418, Level: 41 Points: 82,418, Level: 41 Points: 82,418, Level: 41
Activity: 46.0% Activity: 46.0% Activity: 46.0%
Please post your kratom experiences here. Please add dose, onset, peak, duration and after effectsif possible. What does it feel like. Any body sensations? How's your visual field? Which activities where nice to do and which where nice to abstain from? ThanX. Please be descriptive. Edited by: Alfa
Old 20-06-2005, 23:36
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
Last Kratom experience (yesterday 19 June 2005):

Dose: Approx. 2g premium powder (shake from bottom of bag)

Onset: Approx. 15 minutes to first notice, 30-45 minutes for full onset.

Peak: None noticed. Buzz was constant.

Duration: Approx. 6 hours

Personal details: Male, fairly underweight (less than 140 pounds), little or no tolerance.

For some reason, just ~2 grams of premium powder affected me very strongly yesterday -- hit me much harder than I expected. I'm guessing it was because of the fine powder at the bottom of the bag, combined with some buildup in my system over the prior couple days of use.

I was in a pleasant, warm, euphoric opiated state for a good part of the day -- slight nod/drowsiness involved, but not overwhelming. This was the best Kratom buzz I've experienced so far, but I was socializing most of the day and my mind was only secondarily on the effects. No hangover or negative effects noticed at all toward the end, it just wore off (leaving me in a rather bad mood, but I was in a bad mood to start with before taking the Kratom).Edited by: Nicaine

Thanks for posting your experience. When possible always mention the type of kratom used.
Old 22-06-2005, 17:37

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
I managed to dig up a trip report swim wrote about 4 months ago:

I am an 18 year old male with a high tolerance for kratom. I have consumed it every night for the last 4 nights, so my tolerance is at it's peak.

A preperation of 10 grams of potent kratom was consumed as a tea. The high dose was used because of the tolerance issue. Milk was added to illiminate the bitter taste.

Within 20 minutes, some sedation was noted, but not anything overpowering. So far, the effects are very typical. There is a mental buzz, and a weaker body buzz. My body feels a bit warmer, but nothing like the first days of kratom use. All in all, it's quite relaxing, but required a good amount to achieve the effects. Allowing my tolerance to go down would save a good chunk of money.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Make sure you make it clear what type of kratom you used.

Last edited by Bajeda; 26-02-2007 at 19:14.
Old 22-06-2005, 22:15
Silver Member

Male from United States
waxhorse is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1

I went thru some pretty good kratom a few weeks ago...

The details...195 lbs male intakes 7-8 grams in grape-fruit juice.It wasn't strained, consumed grit and all. If you heat the stuff in the microwave for about a minute the stuff actually will mix with your liquid.

With an empty stomach, the onset was about 30-45 minutes

(Grapefruit juice was used to try to potentiate the Kratom. I think it's mildly sucessfull at that, but it's great for killing the bitter flavor of the material.)

Mild opiate like buzz...lasting about 2-4 hours. If I drank 10 or so grams all at once I'd experience uncomfortable nausea and mild-moderate itching. Boosting was sucessful.

Sleep is broken after the experience.

Tolerance comes really quickly. I had to almost double the dosage if I consumed it two days in a row. If you eat it on monday and wait until wednesday for your next unit tolerance is almost nil.

Good luck!!Edited by: waxhorse

Interesting report and explanation on tolerance.
Old 25-06-2005, 11:03
Titanium Member

Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Today's Experience

Dose: Unknown ('boosted' twice with pre-prepared refrigerated tea). Possible equiv. 20g premium powder.
Onset: About one hour to get to my current state (see below).
Peak: One hour.
Duration: Unknown (booster doses involved).

Apparently Kratom does have a peak, because I'm currently experiencing my first Kratom overdose.

Symptoms include: intense/full body itching, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, sweating, urinary retention, blurred vision, dry mouth, thirst, trembling, shallow breathing, slow heart rate.

Basically I'm aware this is happening and just took a shower with intense towelling afterward to keep my blood circulating (also plan to go out and walk a few blocks to the store to pick up some chewing tobacco, and to stay awake/alert until I come down). I've never been this high before on any opiate, and I did a hell of a lot of opiates back in the 80's. Thankfully I believe Kratom is somewhat different, because if this was a true opiate I would be completely nodded off and possibly not breathing.

Very unpleasant and somewhat frightening (which is good, the adrenaline is helping me feel better). Unlike opiates, I'm finding Kratom can be sneaky... there's a very fine line between a good high and a state of overdose, and you might not get to the latter state until an hour or so has passed. It seems K. can build up in your bloodstream over the course of a day or two as well, and suddenly hit you in a way you hadn't expected (as I found out when only 2g of premium powder hit very hard last week).

As I stated, I believe there's enough difference between Kratom and true opiates to make K. somewhat safer if you cross the line. However, I wouldn't ever like to find out what it would feel like being higher than I am at the moment. I'm very grateful for my cast-iron stomach, as cleaning up vomit doesn't appeal to me at all. I think I've found a new respect for this stuff -- no more unplanned "boosts."

Update (+15 min) -- returned from store. Still feel dizzy/nauseated with intense desire to 'nod off' (but won't). A bit more relaxed now that I know I'm not getting any higher & am going to live (lol). Check in the mirror shows pinpoint pupils. Tried to make myself puke and failed (damn stomach is built like a tank).

Update (+2 hours) -- itching has subsided, but nausea doesn't want to quit. If anything it's worse. Finally managed to puke.

Update (+17 hours) -- nausea finally subsided at +6 hours(worse I've ever felt) and I slept all day today. That was a close call. Just too easy to overdo having prepared tea lying around.Edited by: Nicaine

Great experience report and description of the effects of an over dose.
Old 26-06-2005, 09:50
Silver Member

Male
LostInSpace is a decent psychonaut.
Male
210 lbs, 6 foot
Normal dose of SS powder: 5-8 grams
Leaf: first time, testing

Just received Kratom leaf yesterday. Never tried the leaf, always the super strength powder, but found a good deal on ****, so decided to order 100 grams.

The leaf is pretty moist, so I decided to start with a small amount (2 and a half leaves - suckers are very large BTW) and let them set out for a few minutes to dry a bit.

Once I could crunch them up fairly well with my hands and make a nice little pile of junk (not powdery -medium to small flakes), I put water in a coffee cup, stuck it in the microwave, and heated to "just" starting to boil.

Added the flakes, and stirred and crushed the flakes in the cup with a spoon for about 15 minutes.

After that, I used a coffee filter to strain the tea from one cup into another for drinking.

The tea was the familiar piss yellow/tan color, and smelled like parsley, with a kind of sweet aroma.

Drank this down in about 5 minutes, and had the familiar tongue and back of throat numbing effect.

After about 20 minutes, it started to come on, and built up for about 45 minutes after.

At this dosage, I was some place in between the cola speed rush, and the opiate mellowing effect.

All of my senses were very aware of everything, and I was very "physically" motivated, yet my brain could not get out of first gear.

This lasted for about 4-5 hours, with what I've come to expect on the come down which is, sleepiness,achy kidneys, and some back and leg aches.

All-n-all, a very good experience for using leaf for the first time.

This batch should last awhile, it is much stronger than any powder I have had to date.

What I really love about Kratom is I have the ability to get into a "working" state or jump into the opiate mellow yellow comfy zone.

I will post my experience withnext testing session of 3 and a halfleaves.

I like to find what dose works best for getting work done, and what dose is great for relaxing, this way I can enjoy my supply, and never guess at where my "fun" level is when I want it.

Peace

Thanks for sharing.
Informational and casual. Specific enough to understand information provided. Goo questions for further discussion. information
Good experience report including information on preparation.

Last edited by Bajeda; 24-05-2009 at 12:56. Reason: old formatting issue
Old 30-06-2005, 05:20
Titanium Member

Dose: Maybe 4g
Onset: 15 minutes
Peak: One hour
Duration: About 5 hours
Personal details: Male, fairly underweight (less than 140 pounds), little or no tolerance.

Made Kratom "tea" today from some "extra strength" crushed K. (170mg/25g). Thorough boiling for >15 minutes, no quickie microwave preparation. This is very energizing Kratom, and I was in the dosage range for stimulation rather than opiation. Nice throat numb after drinking the tea. *Some* opiate-like euphoria, but much more of an energy buzz.

Very enjoyable and absolutely nausea-free, but my mood turned sour as hell once it started wearing off. Not uncommon with me and Kratom at the end of the high. I resisted re-dosing, as I have to get to bed on time tonight and Kratom tends to keep me awake no matter the dosage. Taking some food often helps, and tonight it did somewhat.Edited by: Nicaine

Dose: Apparently average, but unknown
Onset: Unknown
Peak: Unknown
Duration: Unknown

The other day, someone I know mixed Kratom with a few lines of coke... thought I'd report her experience since it could be valuable to people.

She claims it wasn't a good combo, resulting in heavily clouded thinking, memory loss and a general dysphoric (unpleasant) feeling. When the cola wore off, the Kratom buzz was still there. However, she wanted me to let people know she recommends against this combination and advises not to mix strong stimulants with Kratom. Says she woke up the next morning dehydrated and feeling ill as well.

Dosage: Approx. 7g
Onset: 15 minutes
Peak: 30 minutes
Duration: 4 Hours

The other day, the same lady above tried Kratom *after* a cola comedown, to deal with the anhedonia. She said she was feeling like utter dogshit an hour after running out, and within 15 to 30 minutes of taking Kratom was feeling at least normal mood-wise, if not even better. Kratom is apparently a good treatment for the anhedonia/depression associated with early stage cocaine withdrawals. However, she notified me that when it wore off, she was more depressed than ever and actually started crying and talking about checking herself into a mental hospital! One should use K. with extreme caution for this purpose, and be prepared for a rapid dropoff in mood once it starts wearing off. It does not replace brain chemicals depleted by stimulant use, so any mood boost is going to be temporary and possibly followed by an even deeper drop.

Good report. Thanks for sharing your experience of kratom combined with other drugs (coke)

Last edited by Bajeda; 24-05-2009 at 12:58. Reason: merge
Old 20-07-2005, 01:20

tinogsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Dose:10 gramsspaced out over 5 hours
Peak: 25 minutes
Duration: about 2 hours
Personal details: Male, 167 pounds super premium powder

This stuff is ok, it made me want to hear music especially. I heard the same tune like 6 times. Then i watchedsome movies, which isn't easy for me to do normally, because i have a hard time concentrating. I always heard it was like an opiate buzz, however it didn't feel anything like a opiate buzz to me. I discovered that this stuff helps me concentrate a lot, doesn't give me any kind of buzz. Also it gives me bad diarrhea the next day. All in all its not worth the money. I figure that a good dose is 2 grams of the super premium powder, any more and youre just wasting it. It seems that there is a definite ceiling effect. It hard to describe what this stuff does, can't compare it to any other substance. All i know is that, it simply is to expensive for the effects it provides.Edited by: tinogsx

Thanks for the experience report. Make sure to describe how you take it.
Old 30-07-2005, 16:27
Titanium Member

Experience with Kratom withdrawal symptoms
-------------------------------------------

I had basically been taking Kratom daily for about a month and a half (typically once a day, but occasionally twice, or even gradual boosting throughout the day when I had insomnia and used it to help stay awake).

I had built up a pretty good tolerance, so decided to go off the sauce for a few days. The last time I used Kratom was Wednesday afternoon. I took none on Thursday, and none on Friday. By Saturday morning, I was noticing some withdrawal symptoms. These were non-trivial, but pretty mild compared to withdrawal from a Vicodin or Percocet habit (which I've done before). The main symptoms consisted of fatigue, diarrhea, agitation and a general flu-like malaise. I was also feeling cold even though it was quite warm in my apartment. I took some Kratom on Saturday, and the symptoms were gone within 20 minutes.

Apparently, those who say Kratom is not physically addictive are wrong. However, withdrawal symptoms from daily use for a relatively extended period (one month or more) are not serious, and do not compare to those from an oral opiate habit.

P.S. I'm switching to every-second-day usage, and will be decreasing further soon to once every 3 days or less. The stuff is just no fun when you have a high tolerance.Edited by: Nicaine

Interesting report on kratom withdrawals and for pointing out that it is indeed physically addictive
Old 26-08-2005, 06:09
Silver Member

daveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1
i bought about 2 oz
[Sources discussion is not allowed outside the sources forum. Read the rules!]
, and it arrived today, so i took around a 1/5 or so of the bag and turned it into a tea and drank it all, and smoked a blunt full of it.

smoking it did absoultely nothing although the tea

The tea is giving me a bit of a high, somewhat like an opiate but not nearly as strong as the stuff i am used to (oxycodone) its a nice euphoric feeling that makes me want to sit and relax, and its very very mellow. as opposed to an oxy high where i want to do things and get stuff done (like work on my car lol). to make the tea what i did was use these ingrediants

honey

drinking water

kratom leaf matter

sugar

So first i got a cup, put a squeeze of honey in there, about two teaspoons full, then quite a bit of sugar, and then i put the kratom leaf matter in. from then i added water on top of it and put it in the microwave. microwaved it for about 3 minutes and when i came back i had a HUGE mess, none the less i learned after that watch it cook, and dont microwave it for more than 30 -45 seconds. i then used a strainer, strained all the leaf matter out and poured the remaining tea into a cup and drank it. a decent high, nothing i could get addicted to, but something nice to pass the time.

Good description on the way you prepare it, also interesting to show the effects of different methods (ie smoking)

Last edited by Alfa; 23-12-2005 at 03:57.
Old 16-09-2005, 14:46
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Japan
Benga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12

Kratom...

12 grams of resin, melted in water and drunk at 10pm

good effect, waves of euphoria, slight stimulation and much longer lasting then I though. Took maybe one hour to really start hitting.

But then drawbacks : waves of nausea, lasting over 24 hours brought by the consumption of alcohol (we're talking beer here...), threw up 3 times even though stomach was empty. Feeling fine, all of a sudden, nausea, cold sweat, as if totally drunk.

and then too wired to sleep at 4 am.

waves of nausea the next day, hazy spaced out feeling.

definetly not my favorite drug, heavy body load, and nausea ruins it...

bEdited by: benga

Thanks for sharing your experience report. Shame about the nausea.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:28

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benga

Kratom...

12 grams of resin, melted in water and drunk at 10pm

good effect, waves of euphoria, slight stimulation and much longer lasting then I though. Took maybe one hour to really start hitting.

But then drawbacks : waves of nausea, lasting over 24 hours brought by the consumption of alcohol (i'm talking beer here...), threw up 3 times even though stomach was empty. Feeling fine, all of a sudden, nausea, cold sweat, as if totally drunk.

*and* then too wired to sleep at 4 am.

waves of nausea the next day, hazy spaced out feeling.

definetly not my favorite drug, heavy body load, and nausea ruins it...

b
Thats way to much, if that is normal typical strength resin anyways. Less than 4 grams should be plenty enough. Some resins are effecive at the 1 gram range. I have tried resin that does take 12 grams to get normal effects though.

Good warning about taking far too much. resin is concentrated.
Old 13-10-2005, 18:21
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Japan
Benga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Quote:
Thats way to much, if that is normal typical strength resin anyways. Less than 4 grams should be plenty enough. Some resins are effecive at the 1 gram range. I have tried resin that does take 12 grams to get normal effects though.

this was done following the vendor's instruction, which described 10 grams as a strong dose. I guess it really depends on the resin's concentration, this one was included as a free 25g sample.

it wasn't all that bad, but not that pleasant either. a little stimulation at first, then just fighting off waves of nausea. Mentally nothing much from what i remember, just unclear slow thinking, hard to talk and fighting off the heavy waves of nausea. Ended up with two Scottish girls at my place bored as hell ( SWIM's friend's idea to invite the two young ladies over after the bar closed at 2), not particularly in a good mood or interested in the girls, my heart being taken at the moment and sex being not particularly attractive at this time and hour (kind of half guessing that the bodyload was too heavy for that). The girls got drunker, finally left (phew), thenthe friend, ended up nauseated and tired yet too wired to sleep in bed...

next day : nausea all day long, feeling like crap...

this wasa second kratom experience, the first one a year ago, had been fun but nothing more, mild stimulation, body load, then slightly "stoned" feeling. notSWIM's cup of tea really so far... what attractedswim to kratom initially were mentions of stimulation, but it seems very light, not so much of a social drug and more of opiate-stoned out substance, for which swim doesn't really have any use, especially if it involves nausea and body load...

Last edited by Bajeda; 24-05-2009 at 13:00. Reason: quote error + old formatting
Old 13-10-2005, 22:08

Male
Yea, kratom has more of a lay back and chill effect. The nausea makes it a bad choice for social occasions.
Old 20-10-2005, 15:28
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
xpr´k is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2

first test:

Just got my bag of kratom today , its the super strength powered variety.

I decided to stuff it in gelcaps because i'm real picky when it comes to tastes. If i dont like a taste hitting me with a stick wont make me eat it.(or drink).

I got 0 sized gelcaps and according to the bag they can hold between 408mgand 816mg of powder a piece depending on the density of the powder.

Erowid states a 1 to 2 gr threshold dose or a 2 to 4gr mild dose for my kind of kratom.

so 3x408= ~1,2gr to 3x816 = ~2,4gr would be a threshold to mild dose.

Since i'm always very carefull trying new substances my first test will be ingesting 2 gelcaps. I got a third lined up which i'll take @ T+1.00h if i dont notice any effects.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

small update : i'm deffo past the threshold but not at the mild stage yet. No euphoria or anything but my eyes feel/see a bit lazy and my body feels a bit lazy to. Weird cause they claim kratom low dose actually energizes you . Maybe i'm to tired from work... (which could mean i'm also not @ threshold, and i'm just tired + placebo effect)

I took the third pill at about T+1.45h (20 min ago) but so far it hasnt had any added effect. Its been said kratom low dosage would be an energy booster but when i tried watching some TV just now i almost instantly feel asleep.

Update2 : about an hour after taking the third cap i was watching sopranos on dvd and i noticed i was VERY involved. I had a completely relaxed and content feeling , i noticed some euphoria and when i got up to go to the toilet i felt a bit drousy. When i got back there was no sign of fatigue anymore and i just felt good . I was sick all week and very tired from work. There was little to none bodyload , so far i like it. I was looking for a drug like this, in the past i consumed a strong ale (12.6% 33cc) for when my favourite TV series aired (prison brake atm) to obtain a similar effect , but that beer is VERY fatening and when i couldnt resist drinking a second i had trouble getting up in the morning for work (4.45h each day) .

Looks like i found a nice substitute. My experience is probably a very low dose and something most wouldnt bother with but its exactly what i was looking for. Gonna try 4 caps tonite and see how that goes. I didnt have any sideeffect like nausea or itchyness which suprised me cause my stomach was allready very upset all week and my mom made meatloaf that night , not what you'de concider a light meal.Edited by: xpr´k

Nice details, thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 28-10-2005, 10:52
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
SWIM has found that encapsulated Kratom has weaker effects than eaten straight. It does taste terrible, but if you mix it with applesauce and eat it quickly, you bypass the nastiness. The whole powdered leaf seems to work better than anything else. The reasons the capsules do not work well is that they prevent all of the powder from dissolving in stomach acid, which is where the active alkaloids are released.

Snapper

Good advice about using sauce for nausea.

Last edited by Bajeda; 24-05-2009 at 13:02. Reason: old formatting issue
Old 29-10-2005, 18:13
Silver Member

Male
dclacomb is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
You definitelly don't want to pack the kratom into the gelcaps too tight. One time I ate 15 pills, and the next day shat out 15 gel-less kratom pellets that never digested. It may just be my digestive system though, one time I had lo mein noodles pass through undigested, and I thought I had worms for a few minutes, lol, kind of scary.

lol good story
I laughed. Hard. Good post and good story, along with good info.
Good advice on not packing the caps too tightly. I have heard others report the same thing.

Last edited by Bajeda; 24-05-2009 at 13:02. Reason: old formatting
Old 04-11-2005, 11:16
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from England
psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.
Points: 1,852, Level: 6 Points: 1,852, Level: 6 Points: 1,852, Level: 6
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

I've tried kratom quite a few times at different dosages and using different methods of injestion. I bought 100g of commercial grade kratom a few months ago and so begun the experimentation.

First I made a tea using just 5g, this provided a nice weak level of sedation. I felt relaxed and happy and couldn't wait to try larger doses.

I next made tea with 10g. It takes about 30mins to kick in so I loaded up my little glass pipe and tried smoking some. After the first bowl I felt nothing so I loaded another. Then after that I felt a bit light headed so I loaded another. By the third I was getting increasingly light headed and by the forth when I stood up I nearly fell straight back down. I felt very content sitting on the ground looking at the trees and feeling the breeze against my face. I thought this feeling of relaxation and sedation would last but I soon became very energised. I on a whim phoned for a taxi and went to a friends house. We watched "Withnail and I" and "run lola run", both of which I highly recommend. I really enjoyed watching the films but was constantly moving about on the sofa. However despite the fact it was not that late by the end of the second film I could barely keep my eyes open and I soon fell into a deep sleep.

I next tried it in a joint. I rolled up a very fat king sized joint and smoked it at a party. I had already had a fair bit to drink and the kratom synergised with the booze and made me feel even more drunk.

The latest experience has been with a tea made from 16g of the kratom. I felt fantastic, really relaxed yet really stimulated. A few hours after I had drunk it I went to my college leavers party and was feeling extremely friendly and socialable. I drank a lot that night and again the kratom synergised with the alcohol. Unfortunately I drank far far too much then smoked some weed on the way home and nearly whited out.

I've got 25g of kratom extract and I was wondering what a good dosage would be? And also if it is possible to smoke the extract? and if so what would be the best way to do it. I was considering sharing 24g between me and 2 friends then trying to smoke the other gram that sound ok?

Thanks for the different reports. Interesting about smoking while using tea and also about combining kratom with alcohol.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:01

Female from Earth
latrucino is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
SWIM (male,6ft,190 lbs)used kratom once and it was to see if SWIMwould get wd,s .no wd.s but he apparently took too much and had quite a bad experience .Dizziness allmost to the point of allmost not being able to walk .Dizziness lasted about 5 hours.Very nausious and he vomited several times.Beer was out of the question as it came right back up.SWIM took about a tablespoon every hour of premium powder till about 3 were consumed.6 hours after last dose he was able to eat a meal and not vomit.The taste of kratom was inhis mouth for 2 days and some slight but manageable nausia 2 days also.Withdrawal would have been much better thanthis .Much less next time if a next time. Edited by: latrucino
Old 18-01-2006, 10:45

32 y/o
Königstiger is an unknown quantity at this point
SWIM tried the same as Bogomil (male, 175cm, 65kg)
Was way to strong for SWIM and caused neusea, demotivation, no stimulation, alsost no Euphoria.... came in short waves, but stopped after 10 mins. SWIM used 6 grams of commercial grade Kratom with the Microwave method. The first time was not worth the taste. SWIM will try it again soon with another method and less Kratom.
Old 28-02-2006, 00:51

Male from Canada
Senor Gribson is a decent psychonaut.Senor Gribson is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 177, Level: 2 Points: 177, Level: 2 Points: 177, Level: 2
swim recently got ahold of some supposed 10x kratom powder (it was in a foil packet with a cellophane window on one side, some of you may know the kind i'm talking about). swim had only done codeine once before and was not very satisfied, and was not really expecting much more from kratom.

anyway, having had it for about a month and never getting around to trying it, he figured he'd try about 3g at a small gathering to see what it was like. when he got to his friend's house he boiled up some water and mixed in the 3 grams of powder, letting it simmer for about half an hour and then stirring in some honey. after the honey was dissolved in the tea, swim poured the contents into a mug, which he left to sit on the counter while he went on a mission to get a blunt wrap. on returning, he began to sip the tea, which wasn't nearly as bitter as some people claim. then again, only 3 grams of plant material was used.

after swim was nearly half finished the cup, his mouth began to feel numb much like it does when he drinks straight liquor. soon afterwards he began to feel more energetic. swim was not expecing this since kratom is supposed to be a depressant, but swim often feels energetic when he is drinking so he supposed this could be a kratom effect.

soon after finishing the drink, swim decided to roll a blunt. having no working light near the rolling table, he lit a candle. at the time, the table with the candle and pile of grass seemed like such a scene. a kodak moment as it were... anyway he finished the blunt and sparked it up, passing it to various aquaintances who showed up in the vicinity. this blunt hit him like no other! he was completely baked. until the mj high began to wear off, he felt no effects he could attribute to kratom except the unbelievably strong high he got off the blunt.

about an hour after the blunt, swim felt his mind would keep drifting in random directions and he could not really focus on anything. he also seemed to lack the usual munchies he gets. he also believed it got a lot warmer outside, and had no need for a jacket, while his friends insisted it was just as cold as before.

as the night progressed, swim began to feel distant and was not very interested in conversation. eventually he got tired of the party and went home. once home, swim tried playing the guitar which he finds is especially enjoyable when high/drunk but his hands werent cooperating with him. eventually he gave up and went to bed. even though he was feeling unusually tired, swim had some trouble getting to sleep. he would begin dreaming but still feel like he was awake. maybe he really was asleep. the next morning swim woke up at 2 pm feeling tired and a bit dehydrated.
i would also like to note that swim felt no nausea through the whole experience

overall swim was very disappointed with the effects of kratom. not that they weren't strong enough, this was one of the few "legal highs" that had any real effects at all. they just didn't suit swim at the time. maybe this would be more fun in a different setting, who knows...

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is likely the blunt masked the effects of the kratom.
Old 17-03-2006, 21:29

Male
oz_steve is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Last night swim had his second Kratom experience.

The first time he had 3g of 15x mixed with water and it tasted like stinky old mulch... and the effect was trivial.

This time swim made 6g in a chocolate milkshake. It actually tasted nice!

Swim drank this about 10:30pm. The first onset of effects was after 10 minutes with a slight light-headedness, perhaps hightened by nervousness about the larger dose just taken (we will try these larger doses, won't we LOL). However, the effects seemed to stop there and swim was disappointed.

Fortunately, over the following 2 hours he became progressively more relaxed and then happy almost to the point of bliss. Swim watched some sort of early Peter Greenaway film and laughed his nuts off. The overall effect was mildly euphoric and once it had taken hold, consistent throughout.

These effects lasted for about 6 hours. At one point near the end swim felt slightly odd for a few minutes and his heart sped up, a la speedy drugs, but that quickly passed. Swim finally tried to sleep but could not - though lying there spacing out was very nice.

He was still slightly stoned at 9 the next morning after maybe 4 hours sleep and felt good all day. In this respect it was the opposite of the usual dodgy drug experience!

Kratom may not be one for the thrill seekers amongst you, but it's pretty damned nice for a legal high (here in the UK anyway).

Good experience report. Thanks for adding to the thread.

Last edited by Bajeda; 26-02-2007 at 19:07.
Old 26-05-2006, 18:13

Male
s0uThp4rk is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
SWIM has used Kratom 3 times so far.

1st time

2-4 Grams dried leaves in tea, premium-commercial. Effects hit very quickly, and SWIM felt very relaxed and sedated. This lasted for SWIM approx 2-3 hours. After that, he felt normal, and went to bed. The next morning SWIM had found that he slept 11 hours, which wasn't all that uncommon. (SWIM has been having trouble with depression for quite some time) He did notice, that he felt dizzy and had some feelings of an alcohol like hangover.

2nd try

SWIM tried about the same amount in tea, but also injested the leaves after the tea was made. He had the same feelings as the experience noted above, with effects lasting approx the same. He listened to some music and felt that he could enjoy it more. Then later on he went to bed, and had no trouble falling asleep. The next morning there was no alcohol like hangover, and he felt normal.

3rd try

SWIM was just eating the leaves somewhat throughout the day, because he didn't want the effects to last too long. He didn't prepare any tea that night, but just instead ate leaves. Hard to say how many leaves he injested, but it was probably 2-4 grams, more like 3 grams. He was getting the same feellings as with the tea, but with shorter amounts of time each lasting about a half hour. Then he had some leaves before he went to bed. Something strange happened then - SWIM was trying to go to sleep in a dream. He thought he was still laying there in his real bed trying to go to sleep but he was actually asleep in a dream. Very hard to describe. Strange things were going on in SWIM's room. Seemed as if someone was throwing crap in his bed. (Most of these things that were in his bed were belongings of his dad, but SWIM doesn't understand what that was supposed to mean) He then heard someone on the phone outside his room. Some other things happened - but it was fairly short lived. SWIM does remember, however that he woke up after something that was thrown in his bed was being pulled away by something. He woke up, and was wondering what that was all about. Then SWIM's cat jumped up and he knew he wasn't dreaming - or at least he thought he was kind of waiting for the cats face to morph or something. ha. The dream itself was a very interesting experience, but it is a bit hazy about what actually occurred.

Interesting experience report. Thanks for sharing 3 different experiences with different methods of ingestion.
Old 18-06-2006, 21:10

Male
KratomIs is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Well before swim started using Kratom he had been running into a very bad alcoholic phase of his life. He started using it as a tea, buying from alot of different vendors. Until swim found Thai Kratom , and I know it's strong, because swim has tried many types of Kratom so far in the last 8 months.

PREPARATION:

Start with about 5 grams and then boil for 15-25 minutes.
Then eat 2 or 3 antacid's to not get sick
Don't add sugar, honey or anything else and drink about 800 ml of it fast!

EXPERIENCE:

Always energentic, sometimes euphoric.

Swim's problem is now, he has lost weight, by almost quiting drinking, but sleeping is not happening that often, and now he uses it almost everyday.

anyone else have problems sleeping??
Has anyone else been able to stop using alcohol because of heavy kratom use?

The most amazing thing swim have found with using Kratom for the last 8 months, is he is almost a non drinker. This means alot since his usual was 6-10 beers a day, a couple shots. Now he drinks 2 24 ounce beers a week, and is beginning to lose weight very fast!

IF YOU WANT TO QUIT DRINKING GIVE REAL KRATOM A TRY!

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is interesting to hear kratom has helped you stop drinking

Last edited by Bajeda; 26-02-2007 at 19:10.

Share this on:

Tags
7-hydroxymitragynine, analgesic, kratom, kratom experiences, mitragyna speciosa, thai kratom