Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > LSD
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

LSD LSD, liquid acid or blotter.

Old 23-09-2004, 03:10

Dose suggestions for first time LSD?

Jatelka Edit: Please note that the earlier posts in this thread are old, before the "No self-incrimination" rule came into play

Hey, I'm about to do acid for my first time. How many blotters are appropriate for a solid, medium trip?

Last edited by Jatelka; 04-08-2009 at 06:40.
Old 23-09-2004, 05:37
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

lol that depends on so many things.

it depends on the quality and purity of the chemical... or for that matter if it's really lsd. assuming it is, and is dosed in the normal way there should be 100 micrograms of lsd on each tab. a good medium dose of lsd for me is 200micrograms.... a good medium dose of lsd for my friend paul is 350micrograms... and a goo medium hit of lsd for my friend angie is 75 micrograms.

anyway with all of that aside, it's been my experience that one or two hits of blotter is a good medium high. ask the person you're getting it from what they think though.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:14
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male
D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.D.U.M.B really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,097, Level: 5 Points: 1,097, Level: 5 Points: 1,097, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
If I was you. I'd take only hit of the acid. If it's good then you won't need the extra bit on top of it, it will more likely only increase the length and not the trip.

Plus you'll have the chance to trip twice if you only use one hit per time.

You sound like you have got it all planned out, well done.

Are you doing it on your own or with mates, as for the mind thing. Once or twice while tripping my mindset has changed. But just make sure, you don't get freaked or paranoid. Hence why i'd reccomend doing it with either someone else tripping or with a sitter or both.
Old 12-01-2005, 23:21
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,208, Level: 11 Points: 6,208, Level: 11 Points: 6,208, Level: 11
Activity: 17.8% Activity: 17.8% Activity: 17.8%
Alice can take anywhere from 1 to 3+ hours to kick in, so be patient with your first tab. I'd recommend only doing half a tab to begin with, to be on the safe side and not get overwhelmed.

It's worth getting to know Alice a little before going on a full blown trip with her. Alice is a lovely Lady, but can be a bitch if she doesn't like you or feels you're going too far too soon, so go slowly with her.

Personally, I'd be more comfortable with someone else taking acid as well, rather than being with 4 people on another trip - there's a possibility of feeling on a different level, as Alice and the Shroom follow slightly different paths. Is there a possibility that you could split the trips between you? If it's decent acid there should be enough for a good night all round, and would be a perfect introduction to the world of Alice.

Whatever you do, have a good trip and let us know how you get on! Edited by: micklemouse
Old 13-01-2005, 05:13

k4rnage is an unknown quantity at this point
I would take a half tab, but these days the doses in blotter is much lower, as I'm sure you know. Most experiences I Read with people taking a 1/2 tab felt little to nothing after even up to 2 hours, so I'm feeling safe starting with 1 and if i feel comfortable at maybe 1.5-2 hrs, to take another .5 or 1 if i don't feel anything. Remember I'm going to be doing this on an empty stomach and most people who dosed with blotter on empty stomachs claimed feeling the trip as soon as 20-30 minutes after dosing.
Old 13-05-2005, 16:43

nolifeking is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
I've got 2 hits of LSD I bought. Just wondering if its too much to take
both of them at once for my first time, or should i start with one hit,
see how it goes, and then i can take the other later if its not strong
enough. My friend who does LSD every now and then and is doing it with
me says that 2 hits should be good for me to do.
Old 14-05-2005, 02:46

mf400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 177, Level: 2 Points: 177, Level: 2 Points: 177, Level: 2
The first time 'my friend' did it he took two. Strength varies though. It is possible to take one and then take the other when you start to peak. It wont be as strong, but it will extend the trip longer.
Old 14-05-2005, 09:39

Female from United Kingdom
Muirner is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2

Talk to the person you are buying it from. And just ask him how many do u take to trip? See what he'd say and go from there

Muirner
Old 14-05-2005, 18:12
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Ireland
Nature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8
You should never buy LSD without consulting the RD (recommended dosage). I say take one for the first time. If you haven't done acid before you'll be more than happy with its effects. Keep the other one for a rainy Sunday afternoon.
Old 14-05-2005, 19:01

57 y/o Male
transit is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 185, Level: 2 Points: 185, Level: 2 Points: 185, Level: 2
With lots of drugs, they are reasonably pure you can consult the recommended dosage and
then measure them out. With lsd it isn’t so easy. The amount that is involved is
so incredibly small that it is impractical to measure it by normal means – that’s
why blotter paper is soaked in a solution of lsd, allowed to dry and then cut
up, as a way to separate out individual doses.

However, obviously the amount of actual lsd in a piece of paper is going
to vary for several different reasons. Similar comments apply to the other means in which lsd is sold – one drop of one batch
may be equivalent to 5 of another batch.

Muirner gave good advice above – ask someone
who is experienced with this specific source of lsd. </span>Ideally you would buy lots – then your first trips
would serve to determine what is the appropriate dose of this specific batch
for you.</span>

Last edited by Jatelka; 09-09-2007 at 08:25. Reason: code removal
Old 03-07-2005, 21:01

seldor is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Safe first time LSD dose?

I was wondering, as we all know there is no way (without proper eq ) to
get to know how much ug of lsd-25 there is on one blotter. I'm planning
my first trip soon and i was wondering is it safe to eat one blotter, I
mean if it's 200ug then theoreticaly i should be fine?!?

As site note i have done lsa on several occasions.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:54

Male
OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 479, Level: 3 Points: 479, Level: 3 Points: 479, Level: 3
One blotter is always a good place to start. It really helps if
you know someone who has tried your particular blotter, so you can
gauge how many you will need. Try asking whoever you got the hits
from.

Otherwise, one hit is a good spot.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:59

Female from United Kingdom
Muirner is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2
Go with either a 1/2 or a whole, but not more then that. And if you dont feel the effects make sure you wait a while (at least an hr or two) before you redose. Remember the golden rule of drugs "You can always take more, but you can never take less" Be safe.

Muirner
Old 05-07-2005, 16:22
Gold Member

Male from United Kingdom
prospero is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1
Although it's sound advice to start cautiously, there's a huge margin of safety with LSD. The fatal dose is absolutely massive, and far more than you're likely to come across. I have friends who have taken up to 2000ug with no physical problems(though the subsequent trip was somewhat stronger than they would have liked!)
Old 06-07-2005, 03:44

theLSDuser is an unknown quantity at this point
True. Of course the larger the dose, the more intense the feelings will be, however, one must alway remember that "A TRIP IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!" The possibilitiesare INFINITE. It is up to you to set boundaries.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:40

sloppo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

SWIM finds most acid to be relativly weak. He recommends two hits, but this is part of SWIM's philosophy of psychedelics. He believes if one is to trip, one should notfool around with a barely threshold dose, but instead go all out and get a full dose. Kind of the same notion that Terence Mckenna promotes. Unless you are told the acid is particularly strong, i.e. one hit shit, then go with two hits.

No psychedelic experience is safe. You never know what you'll find out about yourself or the world. However SWIM strongly feels that the risk is worth it for the rewards.

Sloppo
Old 22-07-2005, 14:55

double_r is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi I'm from Brazil...my girlfriend and I will take lsd in a moth, in a
rave party (psytrance) and it's our first time...I want to take a 1/2
and she want to take 1/4 I think this is not enought but I'm afraid she
can't handle more then 1/4 because I took ecstasy several times and I
know I can handle some drugs but when she took ecstasy she wasn't ok so
she stopped...and now she wants to start easily..

could she get a good trip with just 1/4 of a blotter ? and I will take just 1/2 because I will do a candy flip.

thanks in advance

ps: the blotter is Master Yoda. anybody knows ?

Old 09-04-2007, 06:08

Male
m1ndeater is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
first time advice please

swim has been wanting to try lsd for over a year. swim has recently received 10 hits (tabs) of "celtic mindfuck".

One of swims friends tried 2 of the tabs (it was swih's first time) and he reported mild effects. Nothing super spectacular. Swim's friend then recommended that swim try 3 hits on his first try.

Swim is gyuessing that this particular blotter is quite weak and really would like to have a powerful experience his first time. Swim is considering waiting until better acid comes along, or else taking a larger than average first dose of the weaker blotter.

Do you think it is ok for swim to take 3 hits of this acid on his first time? Or should swim wait for more powerful lsd and take 1 hit?

THANKS!

SWIM LOVES YOU
Old 09-04-2007, 06:34
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Re: first time advice please

The wiseness thereof of taking 3 hits of an unknown substance for their first time has been covered before

Last edited by Jatelka; 02-07-2009 at 07:19.
Old 20-09-2007, 06:29

25 y/o Male
kbfrench420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Re: The Great Big "First Time" LSD Thread: Questions and Answers

Swim is taking acid for the first time this weekend and was wondering how many hits he should take. By the way they are violet gel tabs. Swim has ben told by friends that 2 or 3 hits would be good for swim's first time. But was wondering your opinions on how many hits he should take for his first time. Swim was also wondering if it would be safe to drive around with someone who may also be tripping.
Old 20-09-2007, 14:14

Male from United States
weephar is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

Hi
You are so lucky to be experiencing your first trip...hopefully you will have a great time. I wish I was experiencing my first trip or any trip for that matter. Anyway, I would start small and work up...I took one hit my first time and it was great. However, if people are recommending 2 or 3, I would probably take one and then if it wasn't strong enough after an hour or so take another, just remember you can always do more, but you can't do less if its already taken. Also, I wouldn't drive or go in a car with a tripping driver, that just sounds like a recipe for disaster. If you can find a sober driver, do it...otherwise just walk, if it is a nice day, it will be beautiful out and you will probably enjoy it more than driving anyway. I think having a sober friend around is a good idea in general, especially for the first time, because they can help if things get hairy. Anyway, have fun and be safe, I think you will have a great time.
Old 20-09-2007, 20:55
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United Kingdom
VitaminK22 is a decent psychonaut.VitaminK22 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3

Swim doesn't know how strong ur gel tabs are but if i was you id take one and only one for the first experience. In swims experience he took one tab (200ug he thinks) and thought he wasnt comming up off them properly and he was tempted to take a second one, but he thought they might just take ages to kick in so he smoked a spliff instead. It seems he was right because about 15mins after smokin the spliff he had LOTS of open and closed eyed visuals, he had patterns in his eyes and he was trippin like never before. overall he had a great time just from takin 1 tab.

Although saying that, he feels like he could have handled a second tab but swim has a very high tolerence when it comes to drugs. But people react differently to different drugs, so i suggest you find your limit first.
Besides, you say you have 3 tabs so if one isnt enough then you can drop your remaining 2 another time.

Another thing, like SWIweephar said, walking is amazing when on lsd.
Happy trippin
Old 18-01-2008, 22:21
Titanium Member

Male from Zimbabwe
sweetsweetmary really adds to the discussion.sweetsweetmary really adds to the discussion.sweetsweetmary really adds to the discussion.sweetsweetmary really adds to the discussion.sweetsweetmary really adds to the discussion.sweetsweetmary really adds to the discussion.
Points: 602, Level: 3 Points: 602, Level: 3 Points: 602, Level: 3
Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0%
Re: lsd first time need some advice [fast] plz :)

SWIM would recommend one hit first time. SWIM never heard of half hits. SWIY will most certainly find this experience lacking. Just a heads up. Enjoy yourself with the great intensifier, if SWIy happy swiy will be really happy and so on.
Old 01-02-2008, 18:31
Silver Member

Male from United States
Strangeness is captain of the psychonauts.Strangeness is captain of the psychonauts.Strangeness is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 214, Level: 2 Points: 214, Level: 2 Points: 214, Level: 2
Re: half a blotter each or one each? how much is best.

As I'm sure anyone else will tell you, there's not much of a way to gauge how much one should take. Nor can we really tell you what you should do. Serious wisdom would advise the path of caution, so if you're feeling nervous or worried at all that 1 hit may be too much for you, just play it safe and go with half. Plenty of folks take a whole hit or more their first time and are fine.

Last edited by Jatelka; 02-06-2009 at 06:49.
Old 01-02-2008, 18:36
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Re: half a blotter each or one each? how much is best.

Your frisky ferret can always take more, they can never take less.

The flamingo would advise half, and then wait and see what happens (give it a while. LSD has a nasty habit of kicking in just when you thought it wasn't going to and have taken more )

Share this on:

Tags
first time lsd dose, first time lsd use, lsd dose, lsd first time dose, lsd first time use