Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 28-06-2009, 21:36
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United Kingdom
baron samedi is a decent psychonaut.baron samedi is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 763, Level: 4 Points: 763, Level: 4 Points: 763, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Typical recreational benzo doses

Given that we have many charts giving the medical dosages of these drugs, SWIM would be interested to find out the comparative, average recreational dosages, at least for the "big four", diazepam, lorazepam, alprazolam and clonazepam.
SWIM's understanding is that 10mg Diazepam = 1mg Lorazepam = 0.5mg Alprazolam/Clonazepam (although the clonazepam equivalent varies widely from report to report.
OOI how much of each substance would a recreational user consume and by which method?
SWIM uses benzos on an as and when basis and has never abused them, but he'd like to experience the recreational comparison too (if his supplies permit it). He seems to have quite a high tolerance to benzos, possibly to do with his current daily concoction of medication, or maybe because of all the drugs he's used in the past.
As an aside, SWIM has tried Clonazepam/Rivotril for the first time recently and surprisingly felt very little in terms of noticeable effects. If you take some comparison charts for granted SWIM was doing the equivalent of 80mg Diazepam or 8mg Lorazepam. He has never done such amounts before but would have expected far more than he got from 4mg Clonazepam.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great topic
Old 01-07-2009, 03:17

23 y/o Male from United States
Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3
Re: Typical recreational benzo doses

SWIM has taken 4 benzodiazepines recreationally, and found the best dosages to be:

alprazolam (Xanax)~ 2-4mgs.
clonazepam (Klonopin)~ 2mgs.
temazepam (Restoril)~ 30mgs.
diazepam (Valium)~ 30-50mgs.

Very helpful info, thanks!
Old 01-07-2009, 13:33
Titanium Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.
Points: 517, Level: 3 Points: 517, Level: 3 Points: 517, Level: 3

The thing about benzos is that most people can agree on the potency but as to the 'flavour', well that seems to be very personal. I take clonazepam to prevent myoclonic jerks so it has no abuste potential for me. Wierd thing is, diazepams effect has not been messed up because I take clonazepam.

About the only benzo I would really like to try is fludiazepam (erispan). Tertiary in place of secondary amide seems, to me, to be important so a 2-methyl in the name is GOOD.

I think it would be worth someones time (me as well) to list all of the benzos, used or unused, for people to add experiences. Nobody has ever really run a test to see what floats peoples boat.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:58
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
I think it would be worth someones time (me as well) to list all of the benzos, used or unused, for people to add experiences.
I created several "Experiences" threads for various benzos (Use the prefix to search) Strangely, despite the number of people who take them, few seem to be interested in adding reports!
Old 02-07-2009, 06:31

23 y/o Male from United States
Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatelka View Post
I created several "Experiences" threads for various benzos (Use the prefix to search) Strangely, despite the number of people who take them, few seem to be interested in adding reports!
Well... I guess that would be due to the extreme similarity in effect of the drugs, plus the amnesiac side-effect can make it difficult to recall the exact high in detail.

But... to expand on my earlier post, SWIM says:

Temazepam is his favorite... hypnotics just seem to be more fun than anxylotics, in that they leave him drooling in front of the TV, and actually comfortable about it. haha...

Alprazolam is definitely second, and appears to have the most euphoriant properties out of the anxylotics. Clonazepam and diazepam are similar to alprazolam... but with less pizaz, SWIM would put those two on equal footing in effect. The only stars being alprazolam and temazepam.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:02

25 y/o Female
Alprazolam6mgs. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

SWIM likes to keep it low dose, and only resort to higher doses when attempting sedation. But for just chillin out, .25-.5mgs Xanax hits the spot.... especially when you throw a Corona in the mix. lol.
Old 02-07-2009, 20:09
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,493, Level: 5 Points: 1,493, Level: 5 Points: 1,493, Level: 5
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

I don't think recreational doses can be put in to a chart anything close to the therapeutic and recommended doses, it's just too subjective. Some people can take 50mg of diazepam without thinking twice (my fiend wouldn't think once) but for others that amount would take them away with the fairy's.
Old 03-07-2009, 21:12

Male from United Kingdom

SWIM recently acquired some Alprazolam and Clonazepam (not from a doc) and is beginning to fear they are sub-standard, even though they are brand rather than generic.
He chewed 2mg Xanax last night and all he really got was a disgusting taste in his mouth (worse than any other benzo he's chewed) that persisted for over an hour. In the past, he's had positive experiences from 2mg Lorazepam (generic). Also, he's chewed 4mg Clonazepam (minty taste), with similar disappointing results.
Maybe SWIM's benzo tolerance (or drug tolerance in general) is high, because he's been combining Diazepam and Methadone quite a lot recently.

Last edited by baron samedi; 03-07-2009 at 21:30. Reason: Incorrect dose for Xanax-2mg not 4mg
Old 04-07-2009, 05:59
Silver Member

Male from United States
ImSoHappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1

SWIM has taken 100 mg of diazepam (roche 10's) and doesnt feel all that fucked up/sedated. He hopes someone didn;t sell him bunk pills. Maybe hell take 7 more throught out the rest of the night and see if hes "chillin".

Pertaining to your question though: there are benzodiazpene equavaliency charts on this site, type in benzo equaveliency in the search engine, or if my spelling is fucked then do a spell check via google search engine and then enter it into the forum search engine.

Although I would say that its going to have to take some testing on SWlY's part to find a "sweet spot". I.e, reference the chart, start with (for example .5 xanax), and if SWIY is not feeling much effect then redose a .5 until you get the desired effects. Just don;t go overboard into a state of amnesia, which my friendn exprierenced on 4mg of xanax. But he had no tolerance.

Good luck

This is really great advice and informative about both sides of the tolerance picture. Two thumbs up.
Old 04-07-2009, 19:40

Male from United Kingdom

Well SWIM has looked at most of the equivalency charts, but they are dealing with doses used in medical circumstances, rather than recreational ones. SWIM just wondered what someone using benzos for recreation might use, whether it would be significantly higher than a medical dose.
Assuming that the Alprazolam and Clonazepam SWIM recently purchased are for real, then SWIM must have some kind of tolerance caused by fairly regular usage of Diazepam (at therapeutic levels) over the last few months. Maybe his prescription drugs are also affecting things.
SWIImSoHappy says he's just taken 100mg Diazepam (albeit without much luck). Would this be a normal dose for a recreational user? As for doing 4mg Xanax, SWIM hasn't been noticing much from 2mg, which surprised him, so maybe he's going to have to risk some amnesia!
Old 04-07-2009, 19:53

Male
yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 902, Level: 4 Points: 902, Level: 4 Points: 902, Level: 4

Swims recreational dose of diazepam is 50-100mg it was 50mg before but now he does a bit more... Sometimes he takes them with pain meds and or alcohol (not recommended!!)

Swim thinks that it depends on the person swim been using drugs for a long time and is used to various drugs in high doses. He takes 20mg of diazepam at work and no one knows about it...

While someone new to drugs could be knock out with 10-20mg of diazepam. So it depends on the person and his/her history...
Old 04-07-2009, 20:39

Male from United Kingdom

Thanks SWIYaba! That gives SWIM a good idea of what a recreational user of Diazepam might use.
Does SWIY ever use Lorazepam, Alprazolam or Clonazepam recreationally, or is SWIM best just to convert the dose range given for Diazepam?
Clonazepam seems a mysterious one anyway, as no-one seems to know for sure how strong it is compared to Diazepam.
Old 04-07-2009, 21:27

Male
yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.

Swim has used all.. But a long time ago, Alprazolam and clonazepam was only a few months ago.. He liken 5mg of alprazolam and later another 5mg.

With clonazepam he took 5x2mg=10mg he thinks and it was alright and it was like a one of, he had only had one strip of 10-2mg clonazepam. And it was enjoyable. But swim didn't have enough to give swiy a good accurate account of it.

And lorazepam was years ago when he used it, and its to long ago to remember (15-17) years.

The alprazolam and clonazepam was ordered on line from a trusted source made by Parke-Davies (Pakistan) part of Pfizer (Pakistan) and they weren't cheap but safe, shipped from the UK !

And swim gets now 112/5mg diazepam tablets from his Doctor for his GAD every 4 weeks. With his zopiclone.

Any way swim is Dutch and when he has young (13) flunitrazepam (rohypnol) was everywhere and very cheap and effective !!! Than was before the date rape thing ! And people swim included was abusing them... The best benzo/hypnotic out there !!!
Old 04-07-2009, 23:10

Male from United Kingdom

Maybe its not surprising that SWIM isn't feeling much from the doses he's been using. Obviously he can't afford to do those kinds of doses too regularly but he will have to indulge himself with the odd night of experimentation.
SWIM too would love to get some Rohypnol. It seems to be a particular favorite of most benzo coneiseurs.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:22

Male
!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron samedi View Post
Maybe its not surprising that SWIM isn't feeling much from the doses he's been using. Obviously he can't afford to do those kinds of doses too regularly but he will have to indulge himself with the odd night of experimentation.
SWIM too would love to get some Rohypnol. It seems to be a particular favorite of most benzo coneiseurs.
Swim thinks its the best bezo out there Rohypnol but very hard to get in the UK... Also when caught with flunitrazepam (Royypnol) the judge will think its used to rape people...... Not good !!!! And it doesn't get prescript in the UK anymore so will need to be imported and when illegal substances needs to be imported the chances of getting caught gets more likely... But for the best benzo flunitrazepam nis swims number 1. He never tried bromazepam did hear good things about it ! He might order some from Eastern Europe soon.....
Old 05-07-2009, 22:44

Male from United Kingdom

Is SWIM correct in thinking that under UK drug laws, you will not be arrested for possesion of any Class C's apart from cannabis? And as far as he knows all benzos (except maybe Temazepam) are Class C's, so they are one of the least risky illicit drugs to be caught with.
Then again, as SWIY says, the authorities are somewhat strange when it comes to Rohypnol, plus importing Class C's is probably deemed more serious than plain possesion.
Old 06-02-2014, 00:28
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Cid Lysergic is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2
Activity: 21.6% Activity: 21.6% Activity: 21.6%

I think that this thread needs a bump as I was wanting to start a thread with the same purpose, but I used the search engine like a good boy.

Clonazepam around 4-6mg
Lorazepam 3-4mg
Zopiclone 7.5-15mg

The doses don't match up on the benzodiazepine comparison charts, and there is very little information on the approximate doses for recreation. Others please post if you are part of the few who pop these like skittles.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:44

Male from Earth
Tulio_Hermil is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

I knew this dude that one friday night took 2mg clonazepam after a rough day at job (he later told me that he thought he was taking a 0.5 pill). After a time of going around his house stoned he ended up waking up several hours later, laying over his bed fully dressed, with shoes, shirt tie, and not recalling how the hell did he ended there...the same dude reported little or no effect from his 0.5 prescribed dose of clonazepam (he even finds melatonin more effective than clonazepam at that dose)
So to conclude, do not underestimate the stuff just because low doses had little effect on you.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:29
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
DillieDallyDave is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1
Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1%

I didn't take the time to read through everyone's post since the majority were from 5 years ago. I did read the OP, the next few, and the bump. While I don't typically take benzos recreationally, I am prescribed alprazolam (generic xanax) 1 mg, as needed up to three times a day. I actually do suffer from extreme anxiety and often have panic attacks seemingly unprovoked. Most days require me to consume all three doses and while I try not to digest anymore than the 3.. some days I can't help myself. Due to this frequent dosage, I have a tolerance that I am assuming is high for most individuals so my opinions are definitely biased. The typical side effects most people tend to feel when taking a benzo (tiredness, blackouts, etc) are either not felt, unnoticeable, or my body has grown used to feeling this way. When I first began a benzo regimen years ago, I often abused them and often took doses of 1-1.5mg while drinking. This period did not last long due to constantly blacking out and doing stupid shit later in the evening. From time to time on the rare occasion that I have free time, I will take my prescription recreationally, but this is very rare. On these occasions, my dose is usually around 4 mg, sometimes higher. Anything above this usually results in me falling asleep within the hour but in my travels I have met more than one person/fiend with the ability to stay conscious through much higher doses. The highest I have seen taken at one point was 9 2 mg klonopins. I left before the individual got out of control so I have no idea how this dose affected them but later heard it was "normal" for them to consume a dose that high. My most recent experience (3.5 mg) was a good one. I could tell I was out of it but was called into work where no one except a co-wrkr who abuses benzos frequently was able to tell. The last thing I remember was driving home and the next thing I know I'm waking up to a neighbor knocking on my window looking concerned. I had miraculously made it home in one piece but had apparently passed out immediately after putting the car in park. I had left my car running for hours until it finally ran out of gas.
In closing... To all readers: I would not recommend benzos as a DOC. They can be expensive and typically, highly addictive. The stories I could tell you regarding fiends I've met are horrifying and happen more frequently than you would think. The "high" given by benzos is not worth the trouble/risk to obtain them IMHO and before you know it, you'll be addicted to a substance you never even enjoyed that much to begin with.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:45
Silver Member

Male from Earth
catface is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%

I don't find any Benzos to be that "recreational" anymore. If I take the recommended dose, it doesn't do much of anything. If I take much more, it just makes me wanna go to bed. Hardly fun or recreational.

Though, I know they have opposite effects, but if I take a few extra Benzos and then some coffee, it can prevent me from wanting to go to bed, and instead keep me awake with a good feeling. Though, I rarely do that anymore as I'm sure it's not good for the health.

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, alprazolam dose, benzo, benzos, clonazepam, clonazepam dose, diazapam, diazepam, diazepam dose, drugs, drugs-forum, klonopin, lorazepam, recreational dose, recreational use, temazepam, temazepam dose, valium, xanax