Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 11-06-2005, 20:23
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

powerpenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Ambien (Zolpidem) Recreational Dosage?

How much 10mg tablets wouldSwim need to take to get high? What sortof effects wouldSwim have?

Swim must not get so stoned that his Mam would notice who lives with him. Swim doesn't like outdoors much, too far from the kettle and computer.Edited by: powerpenguin
Old 15-06-2005, 10:27
Banned

Softrat is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2

I don't know what dose you would want to take but from what I have read Ambien may very well be a delirient hallucinogen like datura and other nightshades.

If this is the case a full psychoactive dose would likely induce very bizzare behavior.

Old 15-06-2005, 10:50
Gold Member

Male from United States
Mike177 is a decent psychonaut.Mike177 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Ambien itself dosent really have recreational value for many, but there are a few people who really love the effects givin from it. SWIM has experamented with ambien in doases of 5mg,10mg,15mg,20mg,and 30mg and I personaly dont see what all the hype is about. 10mg will give me a great night sleep but fail to see how it was "fun". on 20mg i may of gotten some mild visual disturbances, but nothing prodomonet, could of been placebo. With 30mg I apperantly fell down some stairs and woke up sore with cuts a scrapes, I didnt remember a damn thing.

Now SWIM's freind on the other hand uses these things whenever he can, often takeing large amounts (60mg+) or snorting smaller amounts. He LOVES IT, and says for him its a very fun drug.

If you want to give it a try, go for it. but dont expect too much more than a good nights sleep from it. I would start around 15-20mg and work my way up from there if supply wasent a problem. Have fun, Be safe, and stay far away from mom!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks, useful info
Old 25-12-2005, 04:24
Silver Member

Male from United States
Fred the Janitor is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1
10 mg fucks me up good
Old 27-12-2005, 20:07

Male
Colby is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 316, Level: 2 Points: 316, Level: 2 Points: 316, Level: 2
yea 10 mg/s u should be cool but ambien is kinda shitty u kind of black out on it man, and everything is like a dream, it works really good to help you sleep though, dont take too much of it 10-20 mgs at most or u will just pass out into a deep sleep
Old 29-12-2005, 00:59

Male
Stan Mar5h is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by betsym
Swim's husband once took 2 Ambien (not sure what milligram but I think at least 20 mg each) and the night ended with him standing naked in the living room with several paramedics standing around trying to get him dressed to go to the hospital.Swim called the hospital thinking her husbandhad a stroke because he had gotten up to go to the bathroom and when he came back he fell right down on top ofher onher side of the bed instead of his side and would not get up. When he did get up, after the paramedics got there, he was acting like a madman, trying to pullSwim's nightgown off in front of all those people and babbling incoherently, as if he had been drinking heavily.He ended up not going to the hospital but fell dead asleep and they toldSwim to watch him, which she did. Needless to say, he never took any more Ambien. Apparently, there had been reports of people having strange hallucinations and weird goings-on with this stuff. Swim's husband initially had taken one and didn't feel sleepy so took another a little while later. By the time hegot ready for bedhe had begun to feel the first affects. He did not remember the incident with the paramedics the next day and did not believe it had happened until they confirmed it. He was mortified to have been walking around in front of people with no clothes on. Swim is just grateful the kids did not wake up and see their father like that! Swim would never take this sleeping pill after seeing what it did to him. Of course, he did take two but even so...
^
Ambien does not have a 20mg pill.

Anyway, forget swim, I took 10mgs once and got some head disassociation and mild euphoria. Nothing amazing, but better than none at all indeed. 20mg, some good visuals, high euphoria, but fell asleep within an hour. Had awesome dreams though.... I took 30mgs, and fell asleep well before I could experience anything really great. Woke up with a shit-ass hangover.

self incrimination. 30mgs is not a prescribed amount
Old 18-01-2006, 20:09
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12
myself and a friend both took 20 mg's of ambien and tripped out pretty good, although it was like a high dose of dxm with lite visuals, we both ended up vomiting and then stoped tripping
Old 23-01-2006, 10:38

Male from Italy
anabolictrio is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 268, Level: 2 Points: 268, Level: 2 Points: 268, Level: 2
I tried Ambien , for my experience it has no recreational value at all.
I tried 10mg, 20mg, 30mg and 50mg.
At low doses it gives me nice sleeps.
At higher doses everything looked robotic and automated, a bit weird but not very funny... then i fell asleep directly.
Old 25-01-2006, 03:22

35 y/o Male from Earth
kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3
Ambien, Zoldipem Tartrate is NOT a recreational drug.. unless you consider feeling drowsy recreational, in which case you would be considered by many as being LAME.

Ambien is fact acting, and has a very small window in which it is effective for falling asleep. If you are not tired you will most likely be too awake to fall asleep during that time and find yourself irritable and restless. I have tried it on numerous occasions and found washing it down with a beer or two helped a lot in my quest for sleep. Washing it down with more than that will lead to you waking up on the kitchen floor in a pile of drool wondering how the fuck you fell asleep there, and not on your 800 thread ct. sheets. Bad idea, and scary not remembering how/when/why.

Use good well informed judgement when mixing EtOH with other drugs.
Old 25-01-2006, 03:53
Gold Member

Male from United States
Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.
Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8
I was perscribed Ambien for about a month or more. I didn't know anything about it, I just thought it would help me sleep. The first night taking it I sat at my computer getting ready for bed, when this stuffed monkey I had started grinning and rubbing his hands together looking at me. After a while I realized I was in a very strange dream land every night for a month. It was like an Alice in Wonderland experience. I named the original monkey Garth, and I vaguely remember him velcrowed around my neck, walking through my neighborhood with lions and crazy things around.
I would talk to this two headed plant person in my house a few times. Wall paper turned into streams of bands and swirling flowers.
Eventually I could control the hallucinations. I was like a superhero in a strange dreamland. I could go on and on about things that happened (I don't remember most of the things. I woke up once with my bed moved out from the wall, I was asleep in between them).
Anyway, I don't know if I was just super sensitive or what, but it was a very bizarre and VERY intense trip every night for a month.
After that I just felt sorta ambien-high. Nothing special though.
It was crazy.
Old 26-01-2006, 00:32
Banned

Male
luckyatl13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
I took 100 mg of ambien once and 2 xanax not sure what mg they were but they were bars. not a good thing. Overdosed dont rember anything, i stopped breathing at one point. i rember about up till 6 o clock i took them at 5. it was like being realy drunk. friends called all my friends about 20 ppl were there watching me to make sure i wasnt going to die.i didnt move much all i did was lay down and throw up from what my friends said. my friend was at the point of calln the paramedics but then i started doing better so he let me be. Id suggest not to do it thats just me but if you want to take aroudn 20 mg.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:59
AKA Miss Methylene

26 y/o
pharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way up
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4
I have no idea where all of you who are saying that Ambien, also known as Zolpidem tartrate has no recreational value are gettin your information, because it defiantly does. Ambien is actually very abuseable, taking just one of the 10mg pills on a very empty stomach will send you to "la-la land". Taking even a higer doseage, such as 40 to 50 mg's will sending you flying to a new world. The strange thing about Ambien is that while your on it, you think you are fine and acting normal but the next day you will rembember only bits and pieces of what happened while you were under the infulence of Ambien. It's a very unique and strange drug. SWIM truely believes that sooner or later Ambien will be takin off the market or atleast not prescribed as often as it is now, because of the high abuse potential is contains. But, we'll see what happens!
By the way, I sure hope you enjoy those Zolpidem Tartrate!
Old 05-02-2006, 13:59
Banned

Male
Abrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPACAbrad must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,205, Level: 9 Points: 4,205, Level: 9 Points: 4,205, Level: 9
Are you sure you're not confusing Zopiclone with Zolpidem, Zopiclone did absolutely nothing for SWIM, didn't even get him to sleep just gave him a horrible metallic tast in his mouth while Zolpidem definetely gets him very fucked-up even though he doesn't find it pleasent its great for sleep.
Old 05-02-2006, 14:13

34 y/o Male
mark_v is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2
Nope, for me it's the other way around.
Zolpidem doesn't work for me as a sleep aid, and i can't enjoy the feeling you get if you take more for a recreational dose.

Zopiclone on the other hand works very well for me.
15 mg is enough to make me fall into a deep sleep, and i'm an insomniac pur sang.
It's true, the metallic taste is horrible, but the buzz you get from it, makes it all worth it :d
Old 19-02-2006, 00:13
Silver Member

Male from Ireland
Raw edge is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
I was prescribed Zimovane 7.5mg (zopiclone) a few months ago but I only used it a few times. I have to say I found it pretty effective in making me sleep. More recently I was prescibed stillnoct 10mg (zolpidem tartrate). This worked really well for a few day progressively I have found I wasn't sleeping as much, and more recently was having difficulty in falling asleep also. My doctor has told me to bump my dose if to 15mg and if that isn't effective he will give me a script for something else.

As an aside I used 750mg of diphenhydramine recreational last night, so if I sleep okay tonight with 15mg of stillnoct. It should remain effective for a few days at least. I am going to post about DPH experience seperately and would appreciate your comments.
Old 29-04-2006, 07:43
Silver Member

Male from United States
Fred the Janitor is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1
the only thing i dont like about it is the feeling (high) that you get from it feels so synthetic and forced onto your body. like "GO TO SLEEP".. unlike shrooms which feel much more natural........from wut i hear
Old 30-04-2006, 23:28

37 y/o Male
scotty6435 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
30mg of ambien doesn't have the effect of 10mg of valium for helping me to get to sleep and I normally take 30-50mg of valium with weed recreationally.
Old 19-05-2006, 19:21

Male
GNCSUX is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1
SWIM took 20mg ambein and couldnt remember a damm thing in the morning ... SWIM had a bad hangover feeling in the morning
Old 20-05-2006, 00:00
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.
Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4
I think that Ambien (zolpidem) is not the drug to mess with in a situation where you need to keep yourself 'in line' due to mom, teacher etc. Ambien has a really steep dose-response curve and I've seen it affect different people different ways at different doses. There is a really fine line between a dose that'll be pleasantly sedating and a dose that'll be a disaster. Start out with 5 mgs if you can, and increase the dose by 5 mgs until you reach a nice spot. Do NOT exceed 30mgs in a single dose unless you are with a somewhat sober friend and in a safe enviroment because not even superman can act normal on 30mgs of Ambien.
Old 21-05-2006, 19:16

27 y/o Male
IHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way up
Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4
I recently heard a bunch of callers on a local radio show calling in and telling stories of sleep walking while on ambien and ending up eating tons of food and waking up with crumbs all over them and food stuck to themselves, without remembering it. Many said they would wake up sitting in front of the refrigerator with the door propped open by their bodies and all kinds of food sitting out. This sounds hilarious to me.
'
has anyone here experienced this? Supposedly its a very common thing but people lie all the time jsut to get on the radio, i trust people here more.

the food thing is so true. a midnight snack turns into a midnight feast in no time.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:24

Male
lurkerbot is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Howdy all, just thought I'd offer my bit on recreational use of Ambien.

Eh... Don't.

I've been prescribed Ambien for over six months now due to sleeping problems and that above is the opinion I've formed from my experience with it. My main reasoning for my opinion is Ambien's notorious side effect: Amnesia.

If I take Ambien and then attempt to stay awake doing something it will produce a dissasociative effect that makes complex mental tasks extremely difficult, sometimes impossible, but can also make other things engrossing and rather amusing. However, it's easy to lose yourself and not even realize what you're doing or why. In a way it's sort of a similar feel to some aspects of DXM I suppose, but DXM compounded with mental retardation or something... like a vacant mind with almost no activity rather than hyper stimulated perceptive/analytical and whatnot.

At 10-15mg I find that there is a very likely chance that as these effects move towards their peak I will black out. 20mg + is almost a guarantee that I'll black out. What goes on in that period between when my memory stops recording events and when I wake up in bed the next morning is anyone's guess.

Anyway, to sum it up, I don't really see much recreational use with Ambien. There's the possibility that you won't remember what occurred... or the even more likely possibility, it'll straight up knock your ass out. That is what it's supposed to do afterall.

-mahalo
Old 08-06-2006, 03:49
Silver Member

Male from United States
astenu is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1
SWIM tried various doses of ambien and never got a buzz or anything special from it even after forcing himself to stay awake.
Old 15-06-2006, 11:57
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
SWIM gets a nice buzz on a low dose of ambien (i.e. 2.5mg), of course higher doses will cause sleep as that's what they're intended for. if you guys think "more is always better" you're barking up the wrong tree. Try 2.5 mg to 5mg MAX for a nice sedative/hypnotic effect similar to an opiate nod but without any strong euphoria or other side effects, other than some disinhibition and sweet peaceful relaxation. Very pleasant IMO, not a party drug though. Use during the day when you have a couple/three hours to space out on the couch or in bed, possibly to drift pleasantly to sleep. Or try combining a low dose of ambien with some kratom.

SWIM is on around 25-30mg Zolpidem (taken rectally). Disinhibition & sweet peaceful relaxation + no party drug, as described in his last post (made in June, when he was still an Ambien n00b). He had the right idea even then, but never suspected how much further Ambien could take a person down the road of pleasant highs, particularly if stimulant withdrawal symptoms are involved and one wishes to feel better.

P.S. *forget* combining ambien with kratom, horrendous combination if there ever was one.

Last edited by Jatelka; 09-10-2006 at 18:32. Reason: Posts merged
Old 30-01-2007, 00:55

25 y/o Male
wojsmack is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
reccomended first time ambien recreational dose

What's the first time reccomended ambien recreational dose. Swim was perscribed ambien 5 mg and would like to try to get a buzz off some. Thank you all.
Old 30-01-2007, 03:20

Male from United States
jesusfreak666er is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4
Re: reccomended first time ambien recreational dose

swim recomends taking 10mg then waiting maybe 20min.... see how swim feels take 10mg as needed.... personally swim can take 40-50mg and not fall alseep and have a pretty good time, however swim knows other swimmers that go straight to bed after a 10mg.

If swim is willing to put up with the taste swim recomends grinding the powder up and putting it under ur tongue for quicker effects that way swiy might be able to gauge wat his final dose might have to be without waiting 20 min or so waiting for effects.

Good luck and have a fun time

Share this on:

Tags
ambien, recreational use of zolpidem, zolpidem, zopiclone