Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Various drugs not covered by other forums Discussion of Psychoactive drugs that do not have a specific forum

Old 06-06-2009, 07:25

21 y/o Male
Orlynao should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Topamax (Topiramate) abuse potential?

Is Topamax abusable?
Old 13-06-2009, 03:57
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3
Re: Topamax (Topiramate) abuse potential?

I believe so... it is readily available in SWIM's house, but he has not tried it because his mother uses them as relief for chronic migrane headaches... so he couldn't possibly bring himself to take one. However, he has researched it considerably, and came with the following conclusion:

"Topiramate enhances GABA activated cholride-ion channels. It also inhibits some excitatory neurotransmission, by kainate and AMPA glutaminergic receptors. Although not by the same mechanisms of benzodiazepines, it does share some of their properties. I imagine it does have some euphoric potential, due to its well-documented mood-stabilizing effects and the fact that it is GABAergic. However, abuse of the medication must be handled delicately, as OD is certainly more easily acheived than benzos. I would suggest handling it with caution as if it were GHB... start at the bare minimum, 25mgs, even if it means splitting a tab. Wait until peak plasma levels to increase dosage, an average of 1-2 hrs. for most medications. The half-life of Topiramate is 19-23hrs... so plan on being doped up for a long time."

Post Quality Evaluations:
Answered the question perfectly and has lots of research involved.
Old 13-06-2009, 08:35

21 y/o Male
Orlynao should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boca Bitch View Post
I believe so... it is readily available in SWIM's house, but he has not tried it because his mother uses them as relief for chronic migrane headaches... so he couldn't possibly bring himself to take one. However, he has researched it considerably, and came with the following conclusion:

"Topiramate enhances GABA activated cholride-ion channels. It also inhibits some excitatory neurotransmission, by kainate and AMPA glutaminergic receptors. Although not by the same mechanisms of benzodiazepines, it does share some of their properties. I imagine it does have some euphoric potential, due to its well-documented mood-stabilizing effects and the fact that it is GABAergic. However, abuse of the medication must be handled delicately, as OD is certainly more easily acheived than benzos. I would suggest handling it with caution as if it were GHB... start at the bare minimum, 25mgs, even if it means splitting a tab. Wait until peak plasma levels to increase dosage, an average of 1-2 hrs. for most medications. The half-life of Topiramate is 19-23hrs... so plan on being doped up for a long time."
Thank you so much
Old 15-06-2009, 23:16
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterskill22 View Post
Thank you so much
Oh... no problem at all!!

Just be sure to report back SWIY's experience with them... I'm extremely curious about the abuse potential!!!!
Old 17-09-2013, 03:32
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Pseudovoyager is captain of the psychonauts.Pseudovoyager is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Topiramate would not be considered recreational to most people. As far as I know, there is no reason you would want to do this if you're trying to get high

I think this is unsafe. Please reconsider.

Share this on:

Tags
anti epileptic, benzo, drug, drugs-forum, methamphetamine, topamax, topiramate