Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 20-06-2007, 04:22

Male
stoveandshoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Smoking Kratom?

SWIM has smoked it and achieved decent effects on a night of light drinking.

However, the smoke was very harsh.

Tasted okay though.
Old 21-06-2007, 04:36
Palladium Member

Male from United States
allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.
Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

swim attests he has smoked both his own and commercial extracts of kratom and that they do give a buzz. particularly the home made stuff, its got some NASTY lipid fats, which are better removed, it doesnt last very long, maybe an hour, but is worthwhile.
Old 07-02-2008, 19:42
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12

Quote:
if this works effectively, it might finally make those isolate tinctures worth the money..
if a extract contains per ml
Mitragynine hcl. 91%
Glaucine hbr
Corydalis Yanhusuo 80% THP Extract (Tetrahydropalmatine)
7-Hydroxy-Mitragynine
7-Acetoxy-Mitragynine
7-Hydroxy-psuedo-oxy-indole-mitragynine

And one is aware of the fact that glaucine might be dangorus,what would be a good dose in ml to begin with to try smoking?
Old 25-03-2010, 21:23
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mrMatty should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
schoolboy error

Anyone else made the age old begginers mistake of trying to smoke kratom? it really is a waste of breath! SWIM finds its more effective dilluted to the max! any tips for nausia?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please use descriptive thread titles in the future.
Old 25-03-2010, 23:43
Titanium Member & Lawyer

33 y/o Male from United States
Khariz is a decent psychonaut.Khariz is a decent psychonaut.
Re: schoolboy error

Well, luckily SWIM did not make the mistake. He would have though, had it not been for Drugs Forum. SWIM really appreciates all that he can learn in advance of using new substances here.
Old 27-03-2010, 14:52
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Re: schoolboy error

Its a total waste of time but Swim is not surprised that more people new to Kratom don't make the same mistake due to people talking about 'Burning' Kratom, mostly vendors trying to get around the Not for Human Consumption by discussing 'Burning' it as an incense, and talking about its 'Aroma'

There will always be people who insist on taking all drugs by smoking them, probably because the extent o their drug use has been cannabis.
Swim has come across several threads here about people dismissing Kratom as Useless despite having smoked several grams

At the end of the day people should educate themselves about any drug they are considering using, there is no excuse for laziness and there is masses of information available on the Internet. Swim has no sympathy for people who waste drugs because they did not use them correctly, the only worry is that some people will end up doing damage to themselves by misusing drugs.

Swim has no problem with people adding Kratom to home made smoking blends if they find it adds a nice flavour or burns well but they should not expect any of the effects that can be achieved by eating Kratom or drinking Kratom tea.

Some rational words for this thread. Perhaps kratom being generally non-smokeable has helped keep it under the drug radar of most people.
Your Posts In The Kratom Threads Are Always Useful And I Always Look Forward To Them! This Post Is A Prime Example.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:28
Titanium Member

Female from USA - Texas
alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.alienesseINspace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5 Points: 1,123, Level: 5
Re: kratom, smokable?

The following is a fictional story. The main character is the narrator, so it is told in first person. SWIM doesn't know who left this story here, but it seemed to fit the topic...

[I went to a smoke shop today and asked the guy there if he was selling Kratom. He told me no. He told me that he has had it before and that it is amazing. I asked him what form he suggests and he said he liked the powder. I asked him how he uses it and he said he smokes it. So, I left that smoke shop and went to another one down the road. There, they were selling all sorts of Kratom. I found the Captain Kratom brand Thai Powder. Because it was suggested to me to be smoked, I decided to load a very small bowl. I was higher than I had been on most marijuana from 2 hits of Kratom powder. I got dizzy and felt myself having a hard time concentrating. I am excited to try it as tea next. But yes, I verify smoking Kratom made me very high as if I were on opiates. I do not suggest people try it because everyone reacts differently... best advice: do more research. Also, this stuff is strong enough to impair driving, no question.]
Old 03-07-2011, 13:45

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienesseINspace View Post
The following is a fictional story. The main character is the narrator, so it is told in first person. SWIM doesn't know who left this story here, but it seemed to fit the topic...

[I went to a smoke shop today and asked the guy there if he was selling Kratom. He told me no. He told me that he has had it before and that it is amazing. I asked him what form he suggests and he said he liked the powder. I asked him how he uses it and he said he smokes it. So, I left that smoke shop and went to another one down the road. There, they were selling all sorts of Kratom. I found the Captain Kratom brand Thai Powder. Because it was suggested to me to be smoked, I decided to load a very small bowl. I was higher than I had been on most marijuana from 2 hits of Kratom powder. I got dizzy and felt myself having a hard time concentrating. I am excited to try it as tea next. But yes, I verify smoking Kratom made me very high as if I were on opiates. I do not suggest people try it because everyone reacts differently... best advice: do more research. Also, this stuff is strong enough to impair driving, no question.]
I would suggest that what you bought contained more than Kratom, espicially if those were the effects you got. Kratom might be one of the ingredients, its most likely that it is the base ingredient for a smoking blend and that it contains some synthetic canabinoids or some other RC.
Old 03-07-2011, 22:39
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United Kingdom
ZoltanBuchan is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

SWIMs first experience with kratom was a couple of pre-rolled joints from an online headshop. Definite effect, but little to write home about. To be honest, SWIM would not have given kratom another shot, had it not been for some glowing experience reports from this board for other methods of ingestion. Decided to try some powdered Thai and 15x extract (although not at he same time) from the same vendor, both were such an improvement that SWIM barely recognised them as the same drug. Kratom has since replaced alcohol (although not entirely) as his drug of choice, and over the past 18 months has seen a noticeable improvement in both his mental and physical health.

SWIM has also noticed a few posts on this thread extolling the virtues of a combined kratom/cannabis joint, but as SWIM does not get on with weed in the slightest on its own - at best, utter boredom, but more likely, acute anxiety and paranoia - is unable to put this to the test. All power to those who it works for though.

Final point to be made, SWIM has tried resin on a few occasions, and was straight as a Judge. Will not be trying again, and has yet to find a single positive experience report from resin. SWIM will be sticking to his twice a week sessions of toss and wash/tea (depending on SWIM's mood and where he is/who he is with). Enjoy your kratom everyone...now if someone could just make it at least semi-pleasant to ingest....
Old 17-07-2011, 02:22
Silver Member

Male from Ghana
kratom is captain of the psychonauts.kratom is captain of the psychonauts.

Above is a picture of a native kratom smoker. Although SWIM agrees with most what has been said and would never advice smoking it.

Besides that the locals in Kalimantan sometimes refer to kratom as "Japanese Tobacco". Reason for this is that the Japanese while stationed in Kalimantan during WW2 used to smoke it as a tobacco substitute.

When SWIM tried it himself he felt first a few minutes a bit relaxed, but soon tired, irritated and a bit depressed, when this repeated after various trails and at different times of the day,he assumed that it is indeed not so suitable for smoking, results of smoking extract were similar.

Great photo, thanks for sharing.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:36
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.
Points: 1,371, Level: 5 Points: 1,371, Level: 5 Points: 1,371, Level: 5
Activity: 10.1% Activity: 10.1% Activity: 10.1%

SWIM is experimenting with a small sample of 15X Kratom extract, and put a little on a bowl of Cannabis to see if it could be smoked. The extract is initially powdery/leafy, but bubbles when flame is held to it and then vaporizes into lots of smoke. The smoke is fairly pleasant, and it seems to be working strongly. SWIM ate an oral dose of Kratom not too long ago, but the intensity of the Kratom high increased markedly a couple minutes after smoking, SWIM doesn't think it's placebo. SWIM will try smoking the extract from baseline tomorrow to confirm.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Smoking it wont do anything, it will not give the effects you get from eating it.

How can you possible tell it 'is working strongly' when you have also taken kratom orally and you are coming up on cannabis at the same time?
Old 08-06-2012, 19:26
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.
Points: 1,371, Level: 5 Points: 1,371, Level: 5 Points: 1,371, Level: 5
Activity: 10.1% Activity: 10.1% Activity: 10.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
Smoking it wont do anything, it will not give the effects you get from eating it.

How can you possible tell it 'is working strongly' when you have also taken kratom orally and you are coming up on cannabis at the same time?
That's why SWIM is going to try this again today from a sober state.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:47
Banned

27 y/o Male from United States
DoctorGnarfsatchel needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

My friend has some really strong enhanced sunda. He's going to take one for the team and load a bowl up.... Update will follow.

DoctorGnarfsatchel added 62 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Crap, I was thinking I would be able to go back and edit that post with the results....but anyway - no effects in a bowl with light flame. Tasted like crap.

Last edited by DoctorGnarfsatchel; 11-06-2012 at 06:47. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-07-2012, 22:06

Male from United States
Twistedvision is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Doesn't work well smoked....I've tried everyway. But on a sidenote has anyone ever though of using is like dipping tobbacco....the subcutaneous route is a fast route....I'm curious

Twistedvision added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Doesn't work well smoked....I've tried everyway. But on a sidenote has anyone ever though of using is like dipping tobbacco....the subcutaneous route is a fast route....I'm curious......

Keep you vision twisted!

Last edited by Twistedvision; 05-07-2012 at 22:06. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-12-2012, 04:12

25 y/o Male from Canada
Legalhighbyby should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jux View Post
there are isolates available in tincture form...i have seen both mitragynine (sp?) and its two analogues. i suppose it might be possible to evaporate and vaporize whats left, but i am not entirely sure if this would work...anyone tried this?
Ya I just did it today I took 5 grams of maeng da as a tea and after vaped about half gram and the effects seemed to be far more intense then it usually is.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:46

38 y/o Male from Ireland

How can you really tell though?
You have to vape it without eating or drinking any to make a decent judgement.
Ive never felt anything from smoking it. I dont know anyone who has.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:18

25 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
How can you really tell though?
You have to vape it without eating or drinking any to make a decent judgement.
Ive never felt anything from smoking it. I dont know anyone who has.
Ya true but I had no euphoria at all after drinking the tea for the first hour after the effects hit me. All the meang da does for me now is make me stimulated. It wasn't untill vaping it that 5 minutes after I was hit with a ton of euphoria. Swims been around the block if you no what I mean and knows what being fucked up feels like lol. I can honestly tell you that it gives more of a kick when you drink the tea and vap it after. But thats from my personal experience though. There was no place Bo either
Old 12-12-2012, 02:21

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Why dont you just smoke it without taking anything else and then do a report.
BTW Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=197306
Old 12-12-2012, 23:28

25 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Why dont you just smoke it without taking anything else and then do a report.
BTW Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=197306
Ya Im doing it tonight I post a trip report

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, smoking kratom, smoking kratom extract