Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 26-05-2009, 00:01
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
CoryInJapan is a decent psychonaut.
Iceland Poppy/Papaver nudicale

Ok so Swim did some digging in the forums and googled it and didnt really find anything to answer swims question

OK so Swim has some Iceland poppies growing and all of them are in pods.

No flowers yet just all pods

Question is, are these pods usable to make tea or anything else.

also was wondering around how many pods are needed since these are pretty small pods. they dont get much bigger really.

CoryInJapan added 49 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

well swim grinded up about 7 pods with the stems attached and is going to do and extraction to see what swim gets and will try dosing small as its belived to contain

Two minor alkaloids were isolated from the capsule of Papaver nudicaule. On the basis of physicochemical methods and spectroscopic analysis, they were identified as chelidonine, 5-hydroxy-2-hydroxymethylpyridine. Chelidonine was isolated from this plant and 5-hydroxy-2-hydroxymethylpyridine was isolated from genus for the first time.

Any help on the psycoactive or medicinal properties of this plant would be great

If no one know one knows Swim will use this as a journal of what swim finds out about it.

Last edited by CoryInJapan; 26-05-2009 at 00:01. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-05-2009, 00:35
Gold Member

32 y/o Male from USA - New York
helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.
Points: 1,992, Level: 6 Points: 1,992, Level: 6 Points: 1,992, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Iceland Poppy/Papaver nudicale

No, these poppies are not psychoactive.

I would suspect that, like many kinds of poppies, this kind will cause dropsy (swelling of the eyes and heart), and probably vomiting. I'm not basing this on evidence of any sort, so I could be wrong about the dropsy, but they are almost certainly poisonous in some way. Poppy poisoning isn't fun, so it's not something I would experiment with.
Old 26-05-2009, 02:18
Silver Member

well when swim looked it up on google and came across wiki it said it contains poisonous poppys like ALL poppys including the ones used to make opium

Dont want to know only if its psycoactive just wanted to know if there are any uses in it medicinal or recreationally which looks like its not a recreation type.
Old 26-05-2009, 03:16
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

No . . No poppy other than Opium Poppy (Papaver Somniferum) contains the correct alkaloids for real medicinal use. Some poppies contain certain alkaloids that are used in home remedy medicine but not medically.

Read the poppy FAQs thread in the stickies. It answers all of this and much more so that people do not ask the same questions over and over again in the thread section.

Peace
Old 26-05-2009, 16:28
Silver Member

Yea figured that out a bit with more research but, facts didnt show up when I used the search function on the forum and thats probably why I didn't look in there.

Share this on:

Tags
drugs, iceland, ndic, opium, papaver, poppies, poppy, poppy tea, tea

Sitelinks: Information: