Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Nootropics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Nootropics Smartdrugs, Brain boosters & Cognitive enhancers.

Old 11-05-2009, 14:20

Male from Brazil
Longshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Modafinil Vs. Ritalin Vs. Caffeine

Ok, my muse is Add, so am I and we are trying to get some things done, like study stuff, and we got a pretty serious exam coming that can chage both our lives forever.

So we got 4 months to study and she has been on ritalin for about 2 and a half years now, but she found this forum and since she cannot type (she is allergic to computers, mind you) she asked me to tell you her story...
Being add was hard, fights, early kids (a 9 year old daughter, being 26), arguments, impulsiveness and all kinds of anxiety, pretty much the whole package...

Finding ritalin was good, extremely good, my muse's girlfriend (yep, she is lesbian, wich means I am heterosexual, got it?) says that was the best thing that ever happened, she can now control herself, stopped crying like a baby and started to have a real life...

And so comes the exam tha can lead to a great job and a great life, one she always dreamed of and she freaks out!

Got over anxyous and started clonazepan (1,5 mg a day to keep anxiety under control) and started thinking about nootropics as a way to improve cogntive functions, like memory and thinkng, and found out about modafinil...

So she started to think about changing form ritalin to modafinil with the sole purpose of studying, as modafinil seems to enhance the exact cognitive aspects she was wanting to...

And she found the caffeine guide (here on drugs forum) and there is an info there that 600mg of caffeine shoul be equivalent to modafinil (the author failled to mention how much modafinil but, oh well, thanks the author for the idea) and she got some caffeine manipulated, 150mg per capsule.

And here comes th real question, is that much caffeine safe and would it really be like modafinil? Can someone who is not someone here, make this kind of test to see if caffeine guide author was correct or was assuming too much? Mind you, I am not, in any way, discrediting him, I loved the guide, just cannot test myself since I have not access to modafinil and seems to be that I wont have access to it anywhere soon...

Please, be kind and help me to find out if Ritalin LA is the way to go or shoul she change to modafinil, or even try caffeine a lot to substitute modafinil...

Please, really please, help us out, she needs a boost and we need to know what to do... she doesnt want to mis her only shot to solve her entire life because she wasnt bold enough to test something... and she doesn't want to mess stuff without enough information on that to minimize time lost, time she could be studying and not telling me what to write here...

Please, I ask again that anyone who has a friend, a tree, a vampire, a horse or even a rock that could give me feedback on these questions so she would stop yelling at me for not being as efficient as I should be, gathering info...

So, to sum it up, help her find the ideal nootropic stack, involving ritalin, modafinil, caffeine or even paper machê, to help study, increase memory and focusing in order to be successfull at the exam, minding you that she lives in Brazil and there is no adderal or dexedrine or focalin here, and about the -cetam family, only piracetam.

So, she thanks you all and, being a girl, she asked me to pretty please you...
Pretty please?
Old 15-05-2009, 03:04
Silver Member

50 y/o Male from Canada
Hover is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%
Re: Modafinil Vs. Ritalin Vs. Caffeine

Swim prefers Ritalin for a temporary boost of focus but Swim found that this drug does more harm than good to mental alertness when taken regularly for more than a few days in a row. Caffeine is ok but has many unpleasant side effects that modafinil comes without so in Swim's opinion modafinil is the most desirable focus enhancer if that is the goal.
Old 15-05-2009, 03:48
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from England
psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.
Points: 1,865, Level: 6 Points: 1,865, Level: 6 Points: 1,865, Level: 6
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

SWIM has tried all 3 for studyin for his finals. He said modafinil 200mg were good for getting started on work and focusing for quite a few hours. Stopped SWIM procrastinating. He had generic ones and Provigil which were much more expensive but worth it in SWIM's opinion. They were apparently better as they didn't leave SWIM with an anxious "I'm on a drug" feeling in his stomach which got quite annoying.

SWIM got 10 20mg ritalins recently and found 10mg snorted to be really good for a getting a solid 3 or 4 hours of revision done with a lot more information retained. Had to do it with absolutely no other distractions. Ritalin basically makes you focus on whatever you put your mind to really well but other distractions like TV ruined it music was ok though.

SWIM doesn't see how 600mg of caffeine would be equivalent to 200mg modafinil. 600mg of caffeine at once would be horrible. SWIM once took 900mg at once and didn't feel right for 3 days, threw up loads and had heart palpations. 600mg of caffine would make you feel really jittery and probably would completely distract you from working. So SWIM would suggest definetely not taking that much as the effects are totally different anyways and would make you shake loads, also caffine doesn't make you focus anywhere near as much.

SWIM has been combining ritaline with caffeine energy drinks and a little bit of ephedrine which he said worked well. He then did 10mg of Ritalin snorted before each exam. He hasn't bothered taking it orally though. SWIM has no ADD or ADHD by the way.

So SWIM recommends trying 10mg ritalin insufflated every 4 hours or so. But wouldn't exceed 30mg in a day. 200mg modafinil work really well too, but try to get Provigil. Also modafinil lasts loads longer so redosing isn't needed unless you need to pull an all nighter.

SWIM hopes that helps.

Last edited by psychedelaholic; 15-05-2009 at 09:08.
Old 15-05-2009, 17:42

Male from Brazil

What makes all the difference is that my muse is, actually, ADHD and ritalin makes her work like a regular person, not a boosted one...
wich tends to be sad, I mean, all she needed was a boost...
Maybe using piracetam + lecithin + Caffeine would make the boost, what do you think?
Old 29-06-2009, 16:38
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from United States
shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3

That could be helpful. Piracetam is never bad, and methinks it could be especially useful for you because it will help the ritalin to work better and may lessen some of the side effects like scatter-brain that some people get from Ritalin. Caffeine is generally inferior to coffee in someone's opinion, so if you've access to good coffee, go with that instead.

Also, the piracetam will help mediate the mental fogginess that clonazepam will give you. You may also want to talk to your doctor about lowering the dose of clonazepam and switching ADHD meds from Ritalin to a different drug. Clonazepam can have pretty devastating effects on memory, and while anxiety can be crushing and unbearable, you're always better off without benzos if you can handle it. Maybe switching stimulants will lessen your anxiety. Just a suggestion.

Good luck with your exam, it should be coming up pretty soon I think.
Old 29-06-2009, 18:41

Male from Brazil

The only problem is that the only meds we have arround here for ADHD is ritalin and concerta...
Wich means, pretty much, the same thing...
And I already lowered Clonazepan dosage, 1mg per day.
But, as a strange side effect, piracetam makes me sleepy as hell...
Old 30-06-2009, 03:51
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from United States
shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3

^Yes, that is indeed strange. Is the international mailing system sound in Brazil? You might be able to find Adderall online with a prescription, but I don't know how that works with Brazil's drug laws and the sometimes shoddy mailing in S.A.

Um, there are loads of other nootropics SWIY could try, check out vinpocetine, hydergine, ginkgo biloba, alpha-gpc, phenibut, and theanine for a start. Wikipedia is probably a good place to start. Sorry, I can't be more helpful. Again, good luck, the test is coming up soon isn't it?
Old 30-06-2009, 18:40

Male from Brazil

Yep!
Auhust 16th...
Deadline, let's hope I make it! Import meds here is absolutelly impossible, so, maybe hydergine...
So, let me get back to my books and thank you a lot!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:37
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
liventruth is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIM also finds ritalin to be more of a negative influjence on his life than a positive... he tried picamilon with phenyl... great combination for him...

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, addicted, aderall, adrafinil, caffeine, coffee, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, ephedrine, methylphenidat, methylphenidate, modafanil, modafinil, modalert, nootropics, nootropics combined, piracetam, provigil, ritalin, ritalin dose, vinpocetine