Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Dissociatives > DXM
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 28-01-2005, 14:18
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Earth
RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Single dosing vs. multiple dosing / Redosing DXM

Redosing with dxm can be very complicated. It never seems to do what you think it will. Sometimes It can help a little sometimes nothing. The other day I took 1000mg's dxm, it was an alright trip, but I came down sooner than I wanted once down, I took another 800mgs. This 800mg did absolutely NOTHING. The second dose was an estamated 8-10 hours after my initial dose. No effects where felt is this the same to any of you? Maybe it would of been better to take the 800mgs while i was peaking off of the 1000mgs that seems to work alot better. I want to open this thread up to thoughts on redosing of dxm, because I don't think it is the same for everyone, like it says on the dxm FAQ redosing won't do what you want to to. To get anything from it takes practice and the right second dose at the right time. Im going to try again while peaked on the first dose.

Last edited by ThirdEyeFloond; 05-06-2009 at 03:11.
Old 02-02-2005, 22:26
Gold Member

Male
Dreeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 188, Level: 2 Points: 188, Level: 2 Points: 188, Level: 2

REDOSING is VERY good or very bad, heres my exp with it:

I had just acquired some DXM (finally) and havent done in about 4 or so weeks, maybe even month and a half. Well anyways after i took about 250 and it went away, i took another 400 or so. The TRIP was incredibly intense, way stronger than i had hoped.

Same thing happened 3 days ago, when i redosed i got an incredibly strong trip, with very strong vision impairment, i could not really see anything, like it was spinning around and shit, way stronger than even being incredibly wasted, and i can barely remember anything (usually i can remember almost everything)

try redosing, but be careful, and i suggest having a trip sitter (even though i have never had one)

Old 03-02-2005, 19:51

Male from Earth
RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.
Yes but how long after your first dose was your second dose?
Old 04-02-2005, 11:58
Gold Member

27 y/o Male from United States
hippie_lain is on the way uphippie_lain is on the way uphippie_lain is on the way up
Points: 685, Level: 4 Points: 685, Level: 4 Points: 685, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
In my opnion its just plain not good to do dxm when you get to taking 1800. Robocop how many years have you been doing dxm and did you take coridcin at all. I looked alot farther into DXM and found out some shit that wasnt cool. I know sometimes you just dont what to hear the bad stuff but it can cause perminit(cant spell) dementia of the brain. Basically a downward spriall into madness. My friends dad is a scientist and his wife did its for years..............bad story. Anyway he told me it also gave me alot of info on it and its alot of longterm side effects(mind proven though). It end up making me super paranoided when and do it and smoking weed was never the same after a while. It is also suposed to burn certain spots in the brain.Sorry for the bad knew, just trying to look out for you bro. Edited by: hippie_lain
Old 04-02-2005, 16:10

Male from Earth
I am not sure how many years its been anymore. I don't take CCC's, I've probally taken them about 5 times in my life and that was about 5-8 CCC's with some syrup. It doesn't quite count as taking 1800mgs hippie, If I took it all at once It could have been bad,waiting about 10-12 hours after the first dose is alot different. It was my first time trying a redose like this, I was completely down for at least 5 hours and I knew my body could handle it easily. (I am to taking about 1000-1300mgs. (I may experiment with redosing but personally I think it is a complete waste.) I have no signs of damage to my mentality throughout my dxm usage. I already read all the negative possibilities you stated, and happen to know my body and mind more than anyone else. I know dxm is not going to make me have a downward spiral into madness. As for burning certain spots into the brain you are talking about Olney's lessions a theory on all dissociatives and their negative effects on the brain, some believe in Olney's lessions some do not. Unless being stubborn it is not very hard to tell if a drug is having negative effects on you, if it is effecting your life,body or mind in a negative way then maybe you should put into perspective whether it is worth what you gain out of it.

I constantly analyze whether any drug I use is worth doing, for me dxm is not a problem. I see the world in a different light through my use of dxm, and I wouldn't give that up for anything.
Old 08-02-2005, 00:12
Gold Member

Male
Dreeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 188, Level: 2 Points: 188, Level: 2 Points: 188, Level: 2

Ok after some time i have realized this:

Redosing makes the trip a lot stronger

By redosing i mean about 2 + hours after you have ingested first dose of dxm to take another dose.

When Swim did this friday, he had INCREDIBLY strong visual alteration and a sudden decrease in perception

Swim has noticed that drinking OJ throughout also made the trips more euphoric and smooth.

Redosing did this for me on friday:

I took 300 then 2.5 hours later took 250-400. When the 2nd dose hit me, my room started changing size, very "fear and loathing"-esque.

^^ My suggestion is to try redosing if you are very sure of what effects dxm has on you and you have done it quite often.

As always, take care and stay safe!
Old 08-02-2005, 15:04
Gold Member

club222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 489, Level: 3 Points: 489, Level: 3 Points: 489, Level: 3
I know it's not exactly what you were asking, but here's a theory for reaching plateau sigma.

"Combining suggestions from others I have come up with the following
dosage regimen. Start relatively early in the day (the experience degrades
if one is too fatigued), at about 6 to 10 hours after awakening. It helps
tremendously if one is in good physical shape and not under emotional stress.
Take a low second plateau dose. In three hours (or about 1 hour after the
peak), take a second low plateau dose. At three more hours (or, again,
1 hour after second peak) take a high second plateau or low third plateau
dose.</span> After coming down from the third plateau, instead of going back to
the second plateau and down to baseline, you may be left in Plateau Sigma."
Old 28-05-2006, 13:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
jesusfreak666er is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4
experiment with redosing

The faq says that redosing is not a great idea, what would be the effects of redosing and how could they be benifitical or harmful. swim wants to attempt to redose with 600mg at the start of my experiance then maybe 5 hr latier take another 600mg. (600mg gets swim to a low 3rd maybe high 2nd but nothing too special, swim has some tolerance.). Any advice or better yet personal experiances with re dosing would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 28-05-2006, 16:58
Silver Member

Male
DxCore is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
SWIM has only ever really tried redosing a few times back in his DXM prime. He took a 400mg dose which brings him to a high 2nd low 3rd. and about 2 into the trip took another 75mg. SWIM kept the doses low because he read that when the redose happens it becomes potenized. SWIM says that it warped him into a pretty intense long lasting trip. His experience lasted about 10 hours and was rated at a mid 3rd plataeua trip. SWIM says just becarefull. He also say he hopes his information helps.
Old 28-05-2006, 17:31

27 y/o Male
IHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way up
Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4
SWIM wouldnt recommend doing a 600/600 redose. That may land you in the hospital, tolerance or not. Try a 600/200 or something smaller first, since you have never erdosed before and dont know how your body will react. That should give you a strong experience and since you have a tolerance it shouldnt be too intense. Just start low and work your way up you can always take more but you cant take it out once its in.
Old 28-05-2006, 19:47

Male from United States
jesusfreak666er is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4
swim actually has kinda redosed, but swim was on the comedown so he doesnt wanna rely on that experiance to guide him on his redosing experiance. i believe it was a 600mg/ 5ish hours later 600mg.

Merged

Last edited by Nagognog2; 28-05-2006 at 20:28.
Old 20-11-2006, 16:40

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4
A question about Redosing DXM

SWIM UTFSE, apologies if he missed something.

When redosing Dex, is it best to do equal doses i.e. 300 then 300, or with a bigger dose one side, like 400/200 or 200/400?

SWIM is pretty experienced with DXM, but not at very high doses, 550-600 was his highest, SWIM has limited supplies and without extraction can't do more than 600mg, so he was going to try redosing to get a little bit further, what would SWIY suggest was a decent combination? Bearing in mind there is a max of 600mg available.
Old 20-11-2006, 19:53
Drug Geek Extraordinaire

29 y/o Female from United States
bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.
Points: 1,384, Level: 5 Points: 1,384, Level: 5 Points: 1,384, Level: 5
Re: A question about Re-dosing DXM

Well, when I think of "re-dosing" I think mostly of people waiting until the first dose has mostly worn off and then taking a second dose. This can be pretty harmful with DXM because speculation is that any sort of brain damage caused by the substance is mostly caused by over-excitation of certain brain regions over an extended period of time. Thus, the longer that one trips (usually with redosing), the more one is at risk.

But, I don't think my above assumption about the definition of "redosing" is accurate in this case...swiy just wants the dosage of 600mg without taking it all at once I'm thinking. I'm also going to go ahead and assume that this is for reasons relating to nausea (??). Swim tells me that the 400mg then 200mg sounds like a decent option so long as one can hold down the 400mg. But, don't wait too long in between the doses. Go ahead and take what swiy can stomach then wait just long enough for the nausea to subside. Once swiy feels comfortable that the nausea is gone for good then immediately take the rest of the dosage. That is, if swiy is shooting for an upper-plateau trip.
Old 21-11-2006, 13:32

Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
I'm also going to go ahead and assume that this is for reasons relating to nausea (??).
Nope, SWIM can handle 600mg in pastilles at one time, but he thought he'd go further if he spaced them out instead of necking them all.

Maybe what he understood about redosing was wrong, and people actually always meant

Quote:
waiting until the first dose has mostly worn off and then taking a second dose.
Part of the reason SWIM thought just spacing the administration out would have a greater effect was this post:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...4&postcount=54
Old 21-11-2006, 20:28
Drug Geek Extraordinaire

29 y/o Female from United States
bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.
Points: 1,384, Level: 5 Points: 1,384, Level: 5 Points: 1,384, Level: 5

Yeah, some people report that there is "plateau sigma" that can be reached when spacing out doses which is novel from the other plateaus. Swim's never tried it though. It's not something a person would want to do a lot though since it does increase the harm done as I mentioned. And as for the trip report you mentioned, I'm quite surprised there was no mention of negative effects for the guy's friend who was also taking two andtidepressants and ritalin! Swim would use DXM when she was taking Zoloft --against her better judgment-- and really became afraid for her physical well-being a number of times when she seemed to be experiencing serotonin syndrome (not bad enough for her to actually have to go to the hospital, but very uncomfortable).
Old 24-11-2006, 02:09

SWIM knows that that method IS dangerous, but wasn't actually considering trying it. His question was specific to doing another dose before, during, or just after the first does is noticed: does anyone know if this effects the peak? Would it be better to just stop fussing around and do all the pastilles he has? and hold on tight...
Old 24-11-2006, 03:49
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8

When Bongo & Co. test-piloted DXM, they found the most effective way to maintain the peak (plateau) effects were to use 1/2 the total dosage intended, and then take the second amount in 1 & 1/2 hours. In other words - if the monkey was to take 700mg total, 350mg + 350mg in an hour and a half.

Doing such required one to have enough knowledge about the (total) dosage/effects before hand and be properly prepared for the outcome.

By halving the dosage, the initial shock on the system was greatly reduced without reducing the desired level of alteration. In this time frame, tolerance does not become a factor and the journey is more smooth and longer lasting for the monkey.
Old 24-11-2006, 04:07

Quote:
When Bongo & Co. test-piloted DXM, they found the most effective way to maintain the peak (plateau) effects were to use 1/2 the total dosage intended, and then take the second amount in 1 & 1/2 hours. In other words - if the monkey was to take 700mg total, 350mg + 350mg in an hour and a half.

Doing such required one to have enough knowledge about the (total) dosage/effects before hand and be properly prepared for the outcome.

By halving the dosage, the initial shock on the system was greatly reduced without reducing the desired level of alteration. In this time frame, tolerance does not become a factor and the journey is more smooth and longer lasting for the monkey.
This is exactly what SWIM was talking about. Did bongo not conclude that the plateau was "higher", just longer lasting?

Duration and "smoothness" wasn't really an issue for SWIM, it really was just the desire to get a higher plateau/peak than usual, seeing as his wallet/stomach cand only usually stretch to 600mg.
Old 24-11-2006, 04:24
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8

The total dosage, say 700mg, would be that of 700mg in the aforementioned situation. It was possible to get this effect without administering said dosage in one go. It did not shock the monkey as much as would having been given the dosage all at once. Got it?

Often taking a high dose would cause profound stomach upset if the full amount were to be ingested, thereby ruining the experiment. So the 1 & 1/2 hour method was, through trial & error, found to work the best. There is a danger in this however: Some monkeys would decide to increase the dosage to levels that are potentially life-threatening. And take one half, feel okay at that level in 1 & 1/2 take an overdose. This is why the total dosage must be understood and not be allowed to be exceeded.

A full-on fourth-plateau will render a monkey into a separate world where the laws of logic and physics fall at the wayside. Be fucking careful with your monkey.
Old 15-02-2009, 23:53

38 y/o Male
happyapple is an unknown quantity at this point
How Long After Initial Dose Comes Redose For Exponentially Stronger Experience?

I'll make this brief.

SWIM knows that redosing can be tricky and that (for example) 300mg at the beginning and 300mg more at a redose point (hour later, two hours, whatever) is not the same as taking 600 all at once. SWIM knows that it results in a far stronger, and more importantly, longer experience.

SWIM has noticed that redosing too far after peak results in NO additional effects at all. None. Regardless of dose. It's as if after a certain point in the experience, brain chemistry slams some door shut until several hours (the next day) later, when DXM is effective again. Yet SWIM has also noticed that redosing early enough really intensifies the trip and, once again most important, LENGTHENS it significantly, which is important because normally it is too brief for SWIM.

Speaking of gel-caps here (Robitussin cough caps), when would you suggest the optimal re-dose point to be to get the effects I described above? How long after initial ingestion? 1 hour? 2? 2.5? Etc.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and info. SWIM is well aware that it will vary depending on how much is in your stomach (SWIM is on an empty stomach), personal body chemistry, total dose, etc. SWIM knows there is no "right" answer. SWIM also knows redosing can be dangerous.

-=*HappyApple*=-
Old 16-02-2009, 00:04
Silver Member

23 y/o Male
thirteenthfloor is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Re: How Long After Initial Dose Comes Redose For Exponentially Stronger Experience?

redosing after they kick in won't increase the effects of dxm very much if at all.
but if swiy wants the trip to last longer the best way is to just take them slowy instead of all at once.

so what swim does is set out how much he plans on taking, so as to not od. then take four, or however many, about every five or ten minutes or so until theyre gone. don't know if there is any scientific info behind it but swim feels that it always extends the trip without diminishing it. but as swiy said it varies from person to person.
Old 16-02-2009, 00:08

38 y/o Male
happyapple is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How Long After Initial Dose Comes Redose For Exponentially Stronger Experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteenthfloor View Post
r
so what swim does is set out how much he plans on taking, so as to not od. then take four, or however many, about every five or ten minutes or so until theyre gone. don't know if there is any scientific info behind it but swim feels that it always extends the trip without diminishing it. but as swiy said it varies from person to person.
That makes sense, actually. Cool idea. Thank you.
Old 16-02-2009, 00:51
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United States
DXMBunny is captain of the psychonauts.DXMBunny is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 599, Level: 3 Points: 599, Level: 3 Points: 599, Level: 3

swim can take a redose at any time and get the effects... but they are different cause of more of dxo to dxm ratio or other way around swim can't remember...

swim just gets more of the stoning and thinking parts... a normal dose gets your stoning and thinking and euphoric energy and body high...where the redose is mostly stoning thinking and helps keep a lingering of the other stuff around...

but yes do be careful as to many redoses will throw you into plateau sigma... which you will be thinking wow im just having a normal redose nice trip then bam another second you are in a deeper and more gone trip... its like a hole new zone like you just threw that tussin space into tussin death exploration mode... not to scary but can be overwhelming...

also swim has to recommend that your redose should not exceed the initial dose... swim has noticed many times that this tends to be overwhelming and normally knocks swim out... the best redoses are under the original amount...

and only once... even doing that swiy should let their body recoop...
Old 13-04-2009, 03:09

Male from Canada
Trogdor is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
tri dosing

SWIM was having a bit of a bad night so he took some DXM (240mg). later in the night he decided to redose, another 240 mg 3 hours after the first. another 3 hours have passed and SWIM being a bit retarded decided to take another 240 mg.

SWIM is wondering how dangerous is this to do

Trogdor added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

SWIM hasnčt noticed any ill effects from this as of yet.

Last edited by Trogdor; 13-04-2009 at 03:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-04-2009, 04:00

Female
123546789 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Re: tri dosing

SWIM would recommend against redosing at all, because doing so could accidentally land one on plateau sigma. Being unexpectedly thrown into such an intense experience really couldn't be pleasant.

Share this on:

Tags
1st plateau, brain damage, drugs-forum, dxm, dxm redosing, dxm trip, faq, ritalin