Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:11
Banned

36 y/o Male
miggeth needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Tramadol neutralised my opiate withdrawal

This is a story relayed to my monkey (who posts on my behalf)

"I've been taking Codeine for years now and every now and then I've had to stop taking it. Every other time I've had really shocking experiences with withdrawal symptoms. Apparently the enzyme that converts codeine to morphine is quite active in me.

This time, however, I switched from a codeine heavy regime to medicinal doses of tramadol, and I can safely say that hardly any discomfort was felt during the switch or during the tapering of my tramadol use.

Two months ago I was taking 300 mg doses of codeine and now I'm on nothing at all.

I switched straight from codeine to tramadol in one day, spent six weeks on tramadol, then tapered for two weeks off tramadol, with hardly any discomfort.

This was my first attempt, I'm sure I'll start using codeine again soon, and when I come off it, I'm going to see just what tramadol is capable of in terms of controlling withdrawal symptoms.

Has anyone else had experiences like this?"

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for sharing! Next time, try not to reveal any time you've ingested anything - legal or otherwise.

Last edited by Jatelka; 05-05-2009 at 07:11.
Old 05-05-2009, 13:50
Banned

44 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Dickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Tramadol neutralised my opiate withdrawal

Well done getting off, but why are you going to start using codeine again? This withdrawal wasn't bad enough? Trust me, keep using long and often enough, and it soon won't be so easy, with or without tramadol. You really should think long and hard before you go down that road again.

Dickon
Old 05-05-2009, 14:25
Silver Member

Male from United States
Wehr is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 245, Level: 2 Points: 245, Level: 2 Points: 245, Level: 2

Dickon is right....Quit while you are ahead!
Old 05-05-2009, 15:42
Drug Chemistry & Kratom

Male from Papua New Guinea
Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.
Points: 3,088, Level: 8 Points: 3,088, Level: 8 Points: 3,088, Level: 8

Before buprenorphine, tramadol was often used for opiate detoxification in the U.S. SWIM has used tramadol successfully for methadone detox. Drugs like tramadol and buprenorphine can be a godsend for short term opiate detox, but just because drugs like these are now available, it should not give one licence to continue repeatedly down the road of addiction. These class of drugs have a tendency to work well the first FEW times they are used in this manner, but will quickly become less and less effective the more one continues to use them.

Great arning about taking tramadol detox for granted.
Old 05-05-2009, 19:33
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
AW: Tramadol neutralised my opiate withdrawal

Tramadol was used some Times but not now anymore!
Why?
Because now we have much better medication with less Side effects!

Using Tramadol is a risky game with Fire,
my cat do not remember the exact rate of bad seizure (Grand Mal) in a detox,
but it was not a small amount of people!

Swim have to gauge the situation very careful
Old 07-05-2009, 02:51
Banned

36 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickon View Post
Well done getting off, but why are you going to start using codeine again? This withdrawal wasn't bad enough? Trust me, keep using long and often enough, and it soon won't be so easy, with or without tramadol. You really should think long and hard before you go down that road again.

Dickon
Several reasons really.

-Permanent nerve damage.

-To be able to breathe quietly again.

-Life without is boring.

Thanks for the good advice though.

miggeth added 5 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spucky View Post
Tramadol was used some Times but not now anymore!
Why?
Because now we have much better medication with less Side effects!

Using Tramadol is a risky game with Fire,
my cat do not remember the exact rate of bad seizure (Grand Mal) in a detox,
but it was not a small amount of people!

Swim have to gauge the situation very careful
It was bumpy for a while, SWIM didn't really know what to put it down to, being the first time.

A nightmare of being trapped in a tank full of poisonous eels is remembered, and upon awaking SWIM's spine felt like it was wired up to the mains. But it was okay after that in terms of opiate withdrawal anyway.

Last edited by miggeth; 07-05-2009 at 02:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-05-2009, 02:56
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,765, Level: 11 Points: 5,765, Level: 11 Points: 5,765, Level: 11
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggeth View Post
Several reasons really.

-Permanent nerve damage.
please explain!

does swiy have permanent nerve damage, or is he/she trying to get permanent nerve damage? lol swim is a bit confuzzled by this reason that swiy gave...
Old 07-05-2009, 02:59
Banned

36 y/o Male

SWIM has to report that although opiate withdrawal has been effectively eased with the use of Tramadol. SWIM has been feeling a lot more depressed, presumably from the present absence of increased serotonin. A feeling similar to an Xtc comedown, less severe but longer lasting.

It's becoming difficult for SWIM to decide if this is better or worse than simple opiate withdrawal.

Next time SWIM will not use Tramadol for more than a week.

miggeth added 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-junkie View Post
please explain!

does swiy have permanent nerve damage, or is he trying to get permanent nerve damage? swim is confuzzled by this reason that swiy gave...
Yeah SWIM's got permanent nerve damage around the eyes, it's not too bad but constant and distressing if SWIM doesn't medicate.

Last edited by miggeth; 07-05-2009 at 02:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-12-2010, 00:46

33 y/o Male from United States
evolutionofthemind should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickon View Post

Dickon
100% agree. The longer you use opiates the harder it is to come off. I've been using opiates for a decade and even when I'm totally clean it doesn't take more than getting high for a day or two on a small amount (10-20 per day) gives me withdrawals. Opiates are the one drug that actually build more opiate receptors in your brain, so the longer you use them the more opiate receptors you have.. even when you quit for awhile; they don't go away.

evolutionofthemind added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

By the way.. stop using "SWIM". It's completely stupid. Everyone knows that it stands for Someone Who IS Me. Come on people.. it's not like you're saving yourself from any reproductions by using this.. you just sound like an idiot.

Last edited by evolutionofthemind; 20-12-2010 at 00:46. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-04-2013, 12:51

31 y/o Male from Norway
LarryCore should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

[QUOTE=evolutionofthemind;931465]
By the way.. stop using "SWIM". It's completely stupid. Everyone knows that it stands for Someone Who IS Me. Come on people.. it's not like you're saving yourself from any reproductions by using this.. you just sound like an idiot.[/QUOTE

Errr, repercussions!
I guess we all have to sound like idiots sometimes?

Bumping a 3 year dead post to add nothing.
Old 28-02-2014, 11:18

36 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Hannah1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

hi guys im 3 days into a subutex withdrawel because ive had enough. However i am using tramadol to help and am so far only experiencing severe lack of energy will full blown wds resume once i stop the tramadol ?
Old 02-03-2014, 03:04
Silver Member

Female from Canada
Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5
Activity: 13.5% Activity: 13.5% Activity: 13.5%

Hi there,
I have used Tramadol before for WD.
How long do you plan on using Tramadol for?
How many mgs are you taking of it?
Old 02-03-2014, 03:15
Silver Member

35 y/o Female from United States
occasionallyhi is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

Please do your research on Tramadol. W/D from that is HELL. It has an SSRI, so you get more than just the physical withdrawals. Also, the seizure threshold is low..anything over 400mg/day
Old 02-03-2014, 05:45
Silver Member

Female from Canada
Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5
Activity: 13.5% Activity: 13.5% Activity: 13.5%

I agree totally with Occasionally. Tramadol, has an SSRI component in it along with the opiate. It can cause seizures if taken too much. Also when coming off of It. That why I asked how long and how much you are taking. I went on holiday a while back to a country that no Rx was need to obtain them. I hurt myself and took them for only 2 weeks at 400mg and just stopped taking them when I got home. I went thru a hellish withdrawal from only 2 weeks.

So I advise you to stop and yes, you will still have the Sub withdrawal to deal with. And maybe the Tramadol too depending on your usage.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:28

Male from Earth
UmmDesoxynScript? should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%

I made a post about this a couple weeks ago.Personal experience here,as well as a friend who can vouch the same stuff I'm about let you all in on.

1.200-250mg of Tramadol with maybe .5mg xanax (might not need the xanax at all) and 4mg or so of loperdime,COMPLETELY curb HEAVY opiate withdrawal.I'm not talking your schoolboy "hey let's snort a 5mg vicodin then drink some cough syrup withdrawal" I'm talking "let's mainline half bundles 3-4x a day for a week"withdrawal sorry for the slang(half bundle = roughly a half gram no.4 heroin)

2.I just took 250 mg of Tramadol without ANY of the other meds above (xan,immodium) and my withdrawal is completely curbed anyway.Maybe a waste of time taking the other substances.

3.I take 200-250mg 2x a day,never exceeding 500mg (not totally recommended anyway) but not every day just when I don't have real drugs,and I've cold turkeyd off it numerous times and never withdrawal. Just sayin. Maybe it's the way I time it.

UmmDesoxynScript? added 32 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

I don't know how I've never experienced tram WD having had it/used it for so long ....*baffled*

Last edited by UmmDesoxynScript?; 05-03-2014 at 05:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-07-2014, 00:41

25 y/o Male from United States
MrBigStuff is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

I was on a 50-80 mg percocet habit a day. Well anything habit really. Anything narcotic. Loved the oxy 80s. But I found the almost miracle drug called suboxone and subutex. Ah man completely demolishes all withdrawal symptoms. One problem tho. That shit is harder to kick than the pills. They give you subs to get off pills and heroin but what can you take to get off the subs. It's evil. I was on subs for 7 years and I've now been clean from opiates and subs for about 7 months now with the occasional 1 or 2 tabs every once in a while. I've noticed once you've kicked the habit you feel so much better but the physical and mental part of withdrawal stays with you for quite some time. It's hard to stay quit once your over the sickness. I tend to find myself missing that sickness as crazy as it sounds and missing the people places and things I'd do fucked up on pills. It's hard to stay on the right path when it's so easy to stray sideways. For those of you still addicted , get your life back. Subs aren't the answer. To get off the opiates you have to go thru the withdrawal as sucky as it sounds. There is no avoiding it. The secret is taper taper taper. It makes it so much easier! God bless and stay strong. Get your life back. It's possible. I never thought I'd be free from opiates but I'm living proof it can be done.
Old 04-07-2014, 14:47

Male from United States
ransom45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-junkie View Post
does swiy have permanent nerve damage, or is he/she trying to get permanent nerve damage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionofthemind View Post
By the way.. stop using "SWIM". It's completely stupid. Everyone knows that it stands for Someone Who IS Me. Come on people..
haha these posts are pure comedy

Off topic, useless one-liner. Please only post if you have something constructive to add to a thread.

Share this on:

Tags
codeine, codeine and tramadol, codeine withdrawal, heroin detox, opiate addiction, opiate withdrawal, opioid, tramadol, tramadol and codeine, tramadol combinations, ultram, withdrawals