Notices

Old 05-05-2009, 00:54
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
destinationowhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
best brand of poppy seeds for tea

SWIM ran out of vicodin. He would take usually about 20 to 30 mg hydrocodone a day. Now SWIM wants to go to the store to buy poppy seeds, some lemons, a can of mountain dew, and a water bottle. But what SWIM needs to know is what brand of poppy seeds has the most goodies contained inside? He was thinking about buying bob's red mill brand. Any advice is appreciated

Also, what is the threshold for a euphoric experience? SWIM doesn't want to use too much because of the things he reads about poppy seed tea and how it's easy to OD. What is the smallest amount that will give you a nice opiate high? SWIM thanks you all for your help
Old 05-05-2009, 04:53
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8
Re: best brand of poppy seeds for tea

There are other threads on poppy seed tea and one would do good to read them. SWIM doesnt drink PST because for him it is far too weak.

There is no way to measure the potency of seed. Most SWIMMERS usually use seed from the spice isle of supermarkets. Seeds do not contain opiates, there are residual opiates on them from them being inside the pod.

20mg or 30mg of Hydrocodone per day is not much, one would do better just to "jump off". SWIM would be doubtful if there were much true WD's.

Peace
Old 05-05-2009, 05:47

Male from United States

What does SWIY mean by "jump off" ? And SWIM knows that the pods are what you are looking for, but he doesn't want to go from floral shop to floral shop looking for pods. Whatever is on the seeds would be fine for SWIM. It seems like SWIM should buy the cheapest seeds that look kinda white-ish or dirty. SWIM just wanted to know if there is a brand of poppy seeds that swimmers usually buy. Thanks for SWIY's reply

destinationowhere added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Ohhh, sorry SWIM gets it now. SWIM was just saying that he enjoyed his 30 mg hydrocodone, but ran out. He is far from addicted/ having withdrawal symptoms. He would just like to find another easy route to an opiate high.

Last edited by destinationowhere; 05-05-2009 at 05:47. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-05-2009, 02:29
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
OhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way up
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2

Health food stores usually sell the best seeds in the biggest quanity for the cheapest prices. Id start there, the brand ive used is starwest.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:35

Male from United States

Today SWIM drank poppy seed tea throughout the day using about 16 oz. Now he's kinda scared to fall asleep SWIM was taking 30 mg of hydrocodone for a week prior to ingesting poppy seed tea. He has a tad bit of tolerance. Does SWIM have anything to worry about? It is very pleasurable for SWIM, but he's just worried that he drank a little too much. He's probably just paranoid.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:08
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8

Yep, probably just paranoid.
PST and other tea solutions do take a little longer to "come on" but generally one would be feeling the extent of the effects within 1 to 2 hours. PPT is much stronger than PST and one would have to have a fairly good source for seeds for the seed to actually be anywhere near as potent as pod.

Peace
Old 08-05-2009, 16:32
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,450, Level: 19 Points: 18,450, Level: 19 Points: 18,450, Level: 19
Activity: 97.2% Activity: 97.2% Activity: 97.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinationowhere View Post
SWIM was taking 30 mg of hydrocodone for a week prior to ingesting poppy seed tea. He has a tad bit of tolerance.
Is this the length and dose the patient is worried about getting off of? Unless a person has been consuming the much for at least a month, they shouldn't have any issues simply stopping. Even then, that's hardly a dose of much concern.

Frankly switching to PST is probably riskier in the long run. It's frighteningly cheap and easy to get, and legal. There's no one to stop you from always having it around, or going out to get some at ungodly hours of the night. The doktor keeps a close on on their patients who drink PST, making sure it doesn't slip into their daily routine.

Oh and the doktor recommends Bob's Red Mill Organic Seeds and thinks only a fool would get McCormiks.
Old 13-02-2014, 23:26

Male from United States
thee Dudeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Hello fellow psychonauts, The poppy seeds supply as of late is weak to say the least. Customs isn't letting true unwashed seeds through. They are tested and must meet some standard of "cleanliness", to be released. I have gotten bunk seeds from formerly stellar suppliers. Poppy seed Tom used to offer great seeds, last order I received from them were the same seeds I returned for being rancid to another vendor, with no return of my emails much less my hard earned cash by PST. Even PST isn't getting good seeds through customs. Bob's red mill are washed to weakness but still your best bet still. I found a batch of 1 year old seeds from Bobs and compared them to a new batch and they were not the same. They were clumpy and dark, the newer ones were clean without any clumping. I haven't seen sticky, clumpy seeds in a while now. I am afraid weak seeds, and rancid seeds are all that can get imported anymore.
Old 13-02-2014, 23:38
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,548, Level: 20 Points: 19,548, Level: 20 Points: 19,548, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

The seeds you ordered are not going to concern most members of this site. An international site like this can not and should not take claims that 'seeds supply as of late is weak to say the least' too seriously because someone else somewhere in the world might take your post as an indication that this applies to them and take more than usual, despite their seeds being no different than usual.

People should presume the seeds they buy are potent, no matter where they buy them from.
It is better to take a small dose than to take more than usual based on someone on the other side of the world only to find they are as potent as ever.

Even using the same brand there is no way to tell (without testing) if current batches are weaker than usual.

Be careful and stick to the dose you are used to. It might be weak, but you can always add more, where it is impossible to un-take a large dose.
Old 13-02-2014, 23:54

Male from United States
Lutopia is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thee Dudeman View Post
Hello fellow psychonauts, The poppy seeds supply as of late is weak to say the least. Customs isn't letting true unwashed seeds through. They are tested and must meet some standard of "cleanliness", to be released. I have gotten bunk seeds from formerly stellar suppliers. Poppy seed Tom used to offer great seeds, last order I received from them were the same seeds I returned for being rancid to another vendor, with no return of my emails much less my hard earned cash by PST. Even PST isn't getting good seeds through customs. Bob's red mill are washed to weakness but still your best bet still. I found a batch of 1 year old seeds from Bobs and compared them to a new batch and they were not the same. They were clumpy and dark, the newer ones were clean without any clumping. I haven't seen sticky, clumpy seeds in a while now. I am afraid weak seeds, and rancid seeds are all that can get imported anymore.
This is Lutopia can't you just go to one of thos e organic vitamine/food store and get something to take the 'edge off in w/d time?

Lutopia added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Just did on the end of somewone else read closely Lutopia

Lutopia added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraigecko View Post
Yep, probably just paranoid.
PST and other tea solutions do take a little longer to "come on" but generally one would be feeling the extent of the effects within 1 to 2 hours. PPT is much stronger than PST and one would have to have a fairly good source for seeds for the seed to actually be anywhere near as potent as pod.

Peace
So you go to a flower shop to get the pods?

Last edited by Lutopia; 13-02-2014 at 23:54. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-02-2014, 01:48
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
stayZOOTY is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thee Dudeman View Post
Customs isn't letting true unwashed seeds through. They are tested and must meet some standard of "cleanliness", to be released.
Source? I've used PST for 2 years from an amazing supplier, and from a local friend who grows pods, and there is a drop in strength over the winter months IMO. I think its nothing more than the usual winter weakness, but I'd (sadly) eat my words if you can provide a source for this info.
Old 20-02-2014, 23:20
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
theskymovessideways is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

I think this may be just supply and demand, they get cheaper "cleaner" seeds from bulk company's i would guess, too many people talking openly on amazon and other places about this regardless, very stupid.

i have noticed differences lately from a few brands but talking about them on a forum like this is not in my interest. if a brand of seeds gets weaker try a new one. its sucks to get a weak batch when you are used to the opposite.
Old 21-02-2014, 00:11
vervain vervain is nu online
Silver Member

Male from Earth
vervain probably knows what they are talking about.vervain probably knows what they are talking about.vervain probably knows what they are talking about.vervain probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 715, Level: 4 Points: 715, Level: 4 Points: 715, Level: 4
Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2%

Yup theskymovessideways - I'd noticed for a year or two that people were getting increasingly blatant with the Amazon reviews & such. Even reviews on the companies' own online catalogues basically explaining they were extracting opium from the product. I started a thread a couple years ago about this very topic and predicting availability would become a problem once the practice of PST was widely advertised. And here we are...

It works so far against the user/customer's interest that I can't quite fathom why people would be moved to post that stuff in that context. I guess drug users as a population aren't really known for their common sense, also probably the Facebook-influenced culture of oversharing plays a part - keeping one's mouth shut and going about one's business is a lost art these days, the temptation to broadcast one's thoughts and activities has reached the level of compulsion and just seems to be getting worse. C'est la vie!
Old 23-02-2014, 22:04
rhino236 rhino236 is nu online

25 y/o Male from United States
rhino236 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

So true unwashed poppy seed are getting very hard to find. I have been using PST for about 2 years now.(Had no insurance,moved no doctor to prescribe meds. Been on pharmas since the age of 14 due to a very bad accident i still deal with to this day)It use to be as easy as driving half a mile to my local Market of Choice, pick up a lb and do my thing. Now id say 95% of local bulk food stores are making sure they are washed, due to this new PST epidemic . Sucks to say but people using this wonderful natural source of pain killers to get high is ruining it for people like me who work 6 days a week and have a 6 month old baby to take care of, and its kind of hard to do that in pain! I have 2 sources online that are a go to but they are getting weaker and weaker by the batch. And for the people on amazon posting that there getting high right in the reviews?? Really people come on. Your asking for big brother to intervene(as they are).
Old 04-03-2014, 03:19

34 y/o Female from United States
Dusty128 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

rhino236, I REALLY feel your pain with the 6 month old baby bit! I'm a mom of 3 aged 6 and under and I am a CPP (chronic pain patient) and my son is 18 months and a climber and I just had MAJOR back surgery and I'm not supposed to be lifting him but I have no help so I must do it anyway and my insurance just lapsed on me. What am I supposed to do??? OF COURSE I use poppy seeds!!! It's sort of like the medicine of the peons, what have you, harkening back to the old days when people would make their own herbal remedies and such stuff. Well, nobody is going to look after me except me and I have little ones that depend on me so I can't lay around! There are diapers to be changed, laundry to be done, a house to be cleaned, food to be cooked, noses to be wiped, homework to be supervised (yes they give homework in kindergarten now!) I HATE the DEA and other reckless people who make it difficult for people like me to quietly MANAGE MY OWN PAIN. /end rant

Share this on:

Tags
poppy seed brands, poppy seed tea