Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Dissociatives > DXM
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 01-05-2009, 22:16
Silver Member

Male from Romania
Stradivarius is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 139, Level: 1 Points: 139, Level: 1 Points: 139, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
DXM + Promethazine

Hector, my imaginary friend told me the following:
"Hey dude.I ocasionaly enjoy the dxm high(first plateaus) and the dxm trip(upper plateaus). I am thinking about mixing dxm with promethazine since the restlessness of dxm can be a bitch.Also i have acces to dxm-only-stuff so it's a matter of choice.I was also hoping it would help my heart chill since dxm can put it in speedmode.I know mixing drugs is bad and stuff but promethazine seems fairly safe.Again i will use two sources, one for dxm and one for promethazine so the dosages won't be an issue."
Any advices for him?
Old 04-05-2009, 13:50
Drug Chemistry & Kratom

Male from Papua New Guinea
Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.
Points: 3,088, Level: 8 Points: 3,088, Level: 8 Points: 3,088, Level: 8
Re: DXM + Promethazine

Promethazine can cause restlessness or even akathisia in many people, so there may be a possibility of increased agitation if combined with DXM. Beside being a nausea medication, promethazine is sometimes used to increase the effects of synthetic opiates like methadone. SWIM would strongly recommend not mixing it with DXM.

Last edited by Electrolingus; 04-05-2009 at 14:23. Reason: spelled akathisia incorrectly
Old 04-05-2009, 14:18
Banned

23 y/o Male
ConcertaXL is captain of the psychonauts.ConcertaXL is captain of the psychonauts.ConcertaXL is captain of the psychonauts.

stopping restlessness is best achieved with an anti-muscarinic (not a D1 or D2 receptor antagonist- these often cause akathisia.) for example atropine or even diphenhydramine
Old 05-05-2009, 09:21
Silver Member

Male from Romania

Welll where Hector lives ( in Pepperland) there's no diphenhydramine aka Benadryl.Also atropine isn't from nightshade..the deadly nightshade? Hector is quite paranoic on issues like death.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:07
Silver Member

25 y/o Male
Fat Cop should review received reputation comments.

That sounds like a nasty combo, but who really knows. Promethazine alone Swim doesnt find very enjoyable. It seems as though mixed with DXM may cause even more dissyness and even more of a loss in motor function and coordination.

Seems like it might dull the entire mind fuck that comes with DXM also which is one of the major reasons Swim takes it and is probably one of the major qualities that make DXM psychodelic. The entire paradox and mystical thought process that goes on. Sort of the "magic" everyone talks about. It seems like promethazine might dull the entire experience and give it more like a shit faced drunk quality, but Swim has never tried the combo.

Not sure how those two will react though so if you want some scientific health facts I can not give you any. Some weed usually calms Swim down on DXM, but on rare occasions it can have the opposite effect. Swim would simply recomend a beer. Just a single beer.

Last edited by Fat Cop; 05-05-2009 at 11:14.
Old 05-05-2009, 19:42
Silver Member

Male from Romania

Well Hector usualy drinks a couple of beers to solve urinary retention issue.Since alcohol is diuretic and stuff.Coffee is also diuretic but who wants even more heart speed?
And yea, the dxm mindfuck is the main reason of using.

Share this on:

Tags
antihistamine, codeine, dextromethorphan, drowsy antihistamine, dxm, dxm and promethazine, phenergan, promethazine