Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:50

47 y/o Male from United States
mortysmate is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
my experience with rapid detox under anesthesia

for those of you trying to get off an opiate dependency, i want to share my story. I spent about eight years addicted to Vicodin, then Oxycontin, suboxone etc. I would chart out a tapering schedule and go through misery until it became unbearable, then use again. I had hidden this from my wife, who thought i just kept getting bad flu every few months. one day she found my pills.Many of them were pre-crushed so i could snort them, so i couldnt pretend they were just antidepressants! The next day we were in a meeting with a rapid detox institute in LA. A few days later i left their hospital facility clean!! i had spent years trying to rid myself of this horrible dependency, and they did it like magic. I do not work for them but am a former patient and, if youre ready to reclaim your life, i suggest you give them a call..From what i understand they have the highest sucess rate of getting people clean from prescription drugs ( opiates). I have heard various reports of them, and some i admit i look at with extreme suspicion, having undergone their therapy. As far as the process itself, i think they basically induce two weeks of withdrawals while you sleep. It took a little while longer for my regularity to sort itself out, but that was heaven compared to the almost monthly cycle of withdrawals i had. I dont know all the medical stuff or insurance/cost ( my wife did it) so if youre interested call. They treated me compassionately and with respect i felt i didnt deserve. I just want to put this out there so people can make an informed choice if they want to get off opiates. i will be happy to answer any questions people may have, i know this sounds like an advert but i really just hope that if i help even just one person to quit their dependency, i really may have helped save a life

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please read the rules regarding self-incrimination
Well done for mentioning the high success rates, sadly you forgot to mention the terrible rates of relapse.

Last edited by Jatelka; 01-05-2009 at 07:21.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:57
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,765, Level: 11 Points: 5,765, Level: 11 Points: 5,765, Level: 11
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Re: my experience with rapid detox under anesthesia

swim is assuming the rapid detox was using naltrexone yeah?

she has heard some absolute horror stories from other people who have gone through rapid detox, but over two weeks she supposes it wouldnt be such a dramatic shock to the system.

what did they use to knock swiy out for two weeks? also could swiy please list any side effects upon waking if any?

also is swiy taking oral naltrexone now?

good questions that facilitate discussion
Old 01-05-2009, 05:08

hello!
im not sure which drugs are used during the process, perhaps call them directly? as far as the horror stories goes, thats the main reason i felt the need to post. I too have seen some weird postings, and didnt have any of the supposed side effects. You are not actually under for a long time, perhaps a handfull of hours. My understanding is they induce about two weeks worth of withdrawal in that time, then you wake. I did feel kinda crappy for a few days, mainly weak with bowel problems ( and no- i didnt have to wear diapers as ive seen someone posting!?!) I think it just took a while for my body to readjust to no opiates. Everyday i felt stronger and was back to normal pretty rapidly. To be honest it felt like one tenth of a percent compared to the withdrawals i had been having! I will be clean two years in July i am not taking anything now, i was on Revia for a while but stopped that ages ago..please post back if you have any other questions
Old 01-05-2009, 06:33
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

ah please refer to yourself as SWIM (someone who isnt me). makes life a little easier for the people who run the site/avoid incriminating yourself. people will address you as SWIY (someone who isnt you).

swiy must of done the naltrexone rapid detox.

swim doesnt have any questions regarding the process and she does not wish to call them directly.

:P
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38

thanks, im new and didnt understand..i thought you were just one of those people who likes referring to themselves in the third person..thats kinda funny if i wasnt so lame!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:59
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
OhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way up
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I understand why youd be so eager to share your positive experience with everyone and congratulations on staying clean for so long but this is an international forum and these rapid detox places are all around the globe so theres no need to keep pushing his place in paticular. What would be very beneficial to people on this forum would be more details of your experience. I understand that it was two years ago but as many details about the substances you were on and the experience itself would be better than the name of the exact place you were treated.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:09
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from USA - Tennessee
Ilsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9

yes, swiy's incessant encouragement to call this place/these people without providing SPECIFIC details of swiy's own treatment is just odd and suspicious, to be honest.

Not to be a bitch, but does swiy seriously expect anyone to beleive that swiy doesn't even KNOW what MEDS they were on, and really underwent this treatment without knowing what was being pumped into them?? and then swiy, knowing nothing of the "program" but that it allegedly works is going to recommend it to others? this is reckless, to swiy and to anyone to heeds swiy's endorsement of this vague treatment option.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:24
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

Rapid detox methods can be discussed, but I agree that this thread is looking suspiciously like spam/advertising, which is most inappropriate and unwelcome. Therefore please share your experience, without naming the clinic

Blease be aware that df aims to provide impartial information
Old 01-05-2009, 09:38
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

renton is an unknown quantity at this point

It's always encouraging to hear people who've managed to overcome addiction. I read about using Naltrexone but I'm curious, how are the cravings after the detox is over? For SWIM the cravings that drag on for weeks are the main reason quitting for good is so hard.
Old 01-05-2009, 13:35
Palladium Member

Female from Earth

^swim didnt have any real cravings whilst on naltrexone, but she more than found a replacement for her love affair with opiates. music! these new hobbies couldnt possibly be held down in the frame of mind that opiates bring.

also the knowledge that its built up in your system goes quite a long way tbh. it eliminates impulse use (eg. picking up the phone there and then, and arranging to score), because even if you did use, you wouldnt feel a thing.

its highly unlikely youd think ahead about scoring 2-3 days down the track, then go about arranging it. not saying its not possible, because if you make a plan to go off the tablets, then its highly possible...

swim was only on the naltrexone tablets for less than a year, then she simply forgot to take them because she no longer had a fear of addiction. she just realized one day that shed accidentally stopped taking them, but shes been fine since.

the only time she started to think about opiates again, was when she was on the champix medication to quit smoking. only she was thinking about IV methadone, not heroin. probably because that was her last enjoyable attachment to opiates.
Old 01-05-2009, 15:56
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Benniboi is captain of the psychonauts.Benniboi is captain of the psychonauts.Benniboi is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 340, Level: 2 Points: 340, Level: 2 Points: 340, Level: 2
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortysmate View Post
for those of you trying to get off an opiate dependency, i want to share my story. I spent about eight years addicted to Vicodin, then Oxycontin, suboxone etc. I would chart out a tapering schedule and go through misery until it became unbearable, then use again. I had hidden this from my wife, who thought i just kept getting bad flu every few months. one day she found my pills.Many of them were pre-crushed so i could snort them, so i couldnt pretend they were just antidepressants! The next day we were in a meeting with a rapid detox institute in LA. A few days later i left their hospital facility clean!! i had spent years trying to rid myself of this horrible dependency, and they did it like magic. I do not work for them but am a former patient and, if youre ready to reclaim your life, i suggest you give them a call..From what i understand they have the highest sucess rate of getting people clean from prescription drugs ( opiates). I have heard various reports of them, and some i admit i look at with extreme suspicion, having undergone their therapy. As far as the process itself, i think they basically induce two weeks of withdrawals while you sleep. It took a little while longer for my regularity to sort itself out, but that was heaven compared to the almost monthly cycle of withdrawals i had. I dont know all the medical stuff or insurance/cost ( my wife did it) so if youre interested call. They treated me compassionately and with respect i felt i didnt deserve. I just want to put this out there so people can make an informed choice if they want to get off opiates. i will be happy to answer any questions people may have, i know this sounds like an advert but i really just hope that if i help even just one person to quit their dependency, i really may have helped save a life

Are you sure you don't work for them ..... maybe on the payroll a little? lol

Benniboi added 3 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

actually the first comment was just objective sarcasm but re-reading the first post just compels me to believe that this is spamming/advertising. leave it out plz!

Last edited by Benniboi; 01-05-2009 at 15:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-05-2009, 16:02
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male from United States
dyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13
Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0%

SWIM doesn't understand how it could be *that* great.

Even after SWIM got through the acute withdrawals, he couldn't sleep period for about 7 days, and couldn't sleep more than 2-3 hours a night for another 14 days. It's been 10 weeks and SWIM still can't sleep more than 4-6 hours a night if he is lucky. Not to mention a lot of other discomfort. Honestly the after effects were nearly (well, maybe like 60%) as bad as the acute part. Not being able to sleep was literally driving SWIM crazy.

SWIM doesn't see how rapid detox could cure this part of the process, but if someone has information about it, SWIM would love to hear it.
Old 01-05-2009, 16:58
Silver Member

Male from United States
thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5

In theory this sounds like it would "work"........
Do the doctors hook you up to some sort of hemo dialysis machine?
And if that was true then you could do all of that in your own home,by yourself(aside from chemical management)with one of the newer briefcase sized dialysis machines.
possible cure for opiate abuse,etc.....other than the time it takes for the body to repair,heal and stabilize itself?
Old 01-05-2009, 19:25
Gold Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
jon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medline
Points: 3,676, Level: 9 Points: 3,676, Level: 9 Points: 3,676, Level: 9

Swiq considered one of these “Rapid Detox” type treatments about 10yrs ago; this consideration included visiting one private hospital that offered such treatment.
This is a quick assessment of his findings.

The basic treatment program lasted for 5 days.

Day 1 = Upon arrival at noon the first thing that had to be settled was the account (There were finance options available, but these had to be pre-arranged) having paid a small sum of several thousand pounds you were to be settled in to your private room, undergo several medical examinations and then be introduced to the person that would be responsible for your care.
I believe you breifly spoke to a councillor at some stage within the first 24hrs... Day one ends.
Swiq asked if he needed to be accessed both physically and physiologically prior to admittance, just to check that he would be suitable for this particular course of treatment, he was told this wouldn’t be necessary.

Days 2-4 = This particular facility used Librium (Chlordiazepoxide) to semi-sedate the patient, Librium is given orally and the dose slowly increased until a semi-state of consciousness is achieved, this is then maintained for the next 3 days whilst the natural process of withdrawals begin..
The guy trying to sell – sorry – the guy explaining the process assured me that Swiq would be fully sedated throughout the period of withdrawals.

Day 4 = on the forth day of treatment an IV injection of naloxone is administered detaching any remaining opiates from the receptors, thus by the end of day four ones body is completely free from opiates. At this point the Librium is withdrawn.

On the fifth day basic treatment ends, following a brief chat with a councillor your stay at XXX is completed. Congratulations you are no longer addicted to opiates, this is how it was worded in the pamphlet at least.
After-care consisted of a 14-day supply of Naltrexone, a covering note to your GP (To prescribe Naltrexone for 12 months) and several telephone numbers where help and support could be sought.

The above information only describes one particular hospital and one type of treatment, it was 10yrs ago and I describe some elements of the program slightly tongue in cheek; things may have changed for the better but I doubt it. Swiq eventually opted for a 2 week in patient methadone detox; this was a fifth of the cost and presumably a lot more physiologically therapeutic.

I have a friend who had this procedure done in 2003 and whilst she admits she was fairly well sedated throughout the detox she was awake for the majority of the time and can recall most of what happened, at one point she tried to escape but was unable to control her legs. She also claims the experience was incredibly unpleasant and degrading.
After several initial relapses she paid to have a Naloxone implant and to be fair she remains clean to this day.

My advice to anybody who is considering this is to do some research, talk it over with your doctor or drugs worker, it’s advisable to visit several different treatment centres (Don’t go alone and don’t sign anything on the day, any respectable hospital will not pressure you into signing anything).
If somebody wants to pay for private treatment it's vitally important to find the best option for you and try to be realistic, magic cures and pain-free treatments do not exist, be wary of anybody that offers a treatment that contradicts this.
Q

thanks for actually describing the process!
It's good to hear the other side of story. I'm inclined to be very sceptical, and have heard a lot of horror stories too. Your post bears out this likelihood.
excellent & informative! thank you so much!
Old 01-05-2009, 19:36

46 y/o Male from United Kingdom
kaloochi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1

AF did a rapid detox about 15 years ago and it was hellish. He was in, and heavily sedated for 5-7 days. He was injected with all manner and combinations of benzos/sedatives, supposedly until he was 'out' but they had a problem achieving this. What they did was try AF with one downer and when that didn't work another and so on. When all were exhausted they began with combinations of drugs but still couldn't put him completely under. AFs mother went with him and told him later that the doctor was sat at the end of the bed shaking his head with it in his hands because he couldn't get AF out. Obviously AF was very, very out of it but still wding. He remembers this and it was a horrible experience.
They did manage to get him under for short periods of time and there were sime wds during the sedation but these didn't feel as intense as they should have been due to all the downers. He really was so out of it.
The first dose of naltraxone was given on day 4 [i think] and then AF was to take it every day thereafter. The naltraxone was the only after care and was to be administered every morning by a responsible person. AF didn't like the N's side effects, a couple of which were tingling/numbish skin [not nice] and a constant hard on. It wasn't even a hard on you had a desire to use, it was just sort of there and it was uncomfortable.
Even though the actual wd symptoms weren't too bad, the effects and after effects of all the other crap they were giving AF wre worse than any wds. AF felt extremely weak from not eating for a week and was very delirious and disorientated.
Like AF said, there was no aftercare in the form of interaction with counselors and such like, just the naltraxone. AF definately wouldn't recommend this method. AF was desperate at the time and it seemed like a good idea, but to come out to no support whatsoever was ridiculous. At 3 £ grand it was just a money spinner for the doctor who was a charlatan.
Old 01-05-2009, 20:36

renton is an unknown quantity at this point

Rapid detox seems to be the hot topic these days, I saw them use it on a episode of House MD not too long ago.
Old 01-05-2009, 20:59
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from USA - Tennessee
Ilsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9

my cat thinks if it sounds too good to be true it probably is....swiDT's post is probably most realistic in terms of what to expect (my cat doesn't know, as she's not been through this sort of treatment).
Old 02-05-2009, 04:56

swim is pushing that one place in particular because swim only has experience of that one place. Swim doesnt know what drugs were used, except he was prescribed Revia after the fact for a year. SWIM thinks Revia is naltroxone? SWIMS sorry someone had a bad experience 15 years ago, i can only conclude things have changed in the interval, as someone was sedated for 5-7 days, whereas swim was sedated for about 5-6 hours. i assume the process has been refined over the years, and/or the drugs have benefitted from medical breakthroughs. Im sorry dying tommorow still has problems sleeping, i certainly hated that while withdrawing cold turkey. swim almost feels like not explaining i slept well after treatment as it seems some are suspicious of the events ive described. SWIM doesnt know how statistically unique he is, but all he can say is what happened to him..
Old 02-05-2009, 08:28
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

I call bullshit, this is an ad for that clinic, " it worked for me like magic" " it could work for you too, just give them a call , operators are standing by to guide you to our office" tell them you heard about it here for a special gift.

save it.

BTW I do like reading the other members expeirences, very informative.

Your post could be a little more supportive of someone trying to help others through addiction
Old 02-05-2009, 08:36
Palladium Member

Female from Earth

Quote:
Revia is naltroxone?
correct.

furthermore, every person who takes revia knows full well its naltrexone, and everybody who has done a rapid detox also knows naltrexone was used to achieve said state of cleanness.

just saying...

Last edited by ex-junkie; 02-05-2009 at 08:54. Reason: extra comment at the bottom of what was initially a one word post.
Old 03-05-2009, 00:45

wow, didnt know you could swear here. Anyway, debating whether or not swims experiences are swims experiences with people that dont know ( yet give definative statements) is not on swims agenda. If this is an ad for " that clinic" then so be it, in as much as swim is a walking ad for them. If there was a way swim could validate swims stature as an unpaid ex-patient swim would, but in reality its not really about swim. swims qualifying statement stands that swim only wants to share swims experiences so anyone trying to find a way to quit can make an informed decision. swim has no intention of being antagonistic but must admit swim takes exception to statements inherently lacking in objectivity, such as anyone thats taken Revia knows its naltroxone. Swim took revia and didnt know it was Naltroxone. That is an absolute, not conjecture. The bottom line is "that clinic" did a brilliant job and the gratitude swim feels for regaining swims life has not, and will not diminish. It seems a little cynical to swim that when someone has a positive experience that others may not identify with that they think its all about money or some hidden agenda, and cannot reasonably be sincere. Thanks to those who have shown support for swim, thats the real value of forums such as this where we help and encourage..
Old 04-05-2009, 12:39
Titanium Member

Male from Northern Ireland
Finn Mac Cool probably knows what they are talking about.Finn Mac Cool probably knows what they are talking about.Finn Mac Cool probably knows what they are talking about.Finn Mac Cool probably knows what they are talking about.Finn Mac Cool probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3

SWIM is glad it worked for SWIY and wishes them all the best on the road to recovery, SWIMS problem with this particular treatment is that SWIM is totally skint, well because SWIM is a heroin addict after all, and is in 000's of debt, so SWIM will just be going to his local nuthouse for a 2 week stay, tomorrow, free of charge on the NHS

Last edited by Finn Mac Cool; 04-05-2009 at 12:50.
Old 04-05-2009, 21:51
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

Quote:
wow, didnt know you could swear here. Anyway, debating whether or not swims experiences are swims experiences with people that dont know ( yet give definative statements) is not on swims agenda. If this is an ad for " that clinic" then so be it, in as much as swim is a walking ad for them. If there was a way swim could validate swims stature as an unpaid ex-patient swim would, but in reality its not really about swim. swims qualifying statement stands that swim only wants to share swims experiences so anyone trying to find a way to quit can make an informed decision. swim has no intention of being antagonistic but must admit swim takes exception to statements inherently lacking in objectivity, such as anyone thats taken Revia knows its naltroxone. Swim took revia and didnt know it was Naltroxone. That is an absolute, not conjecture. The bottom line is "that clinic" did a brilliant job and the gratitude swim feels for regaining swims life has not, and will not diminish. It seems a little cynical to swim that when someone has a positive experience that others may not identify with that they think its all about money or some hidden agenda, and cannot reasonably be sincere. Thanks to those who have shown support for swim, thats the real value of forums such as this where we help and encourage..
sometimes the paranoid swim gets little hyped up and he may have wrongly thought this was a spam ad, sorry for the both of us , we dont always curse on posts, just an exprecian about calling b.s. . the hope to recover from addiction is worthy of support.
Old 05-05-2009, 19:46
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
AW: my experience with rapid detox under anesthesia

My Cat think until we have a complete list of all medicaments this
discussion is fruit(sense)-less!
There are so many different kind of "Rapid-Detox".
My Cat already knows (from discussion`s) 3 mayor Methods!

@ Topicstarter,
people here are very careful about that.
This "Rapid-Detox" is very controversial.
Some Patient died in this Detox, so many Country`s
not allowed this anymore!
Old 06-05-2009, 15:17

43 y/o Male
tyranny4u is captain of the psychonauts.tyranny4u is captain of the psychonauts.tyranny4u is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1

one of the doctors that work in TT's methadone clinic did rapid detox
years ago in a clinic near munich, where also one of the most approved
expert of addiction and it's treatment works. they stopped (as many other
clinics in germany that did rapid detoxing) RD because of too many people
died from the process of getting their receptors cleaned with antagonists
while being under anaesthetics. the other reason was the high rate of
relapses. TT never did and never will do rapid detox, but personally knows
two people who had tried and they both are on methadone again...

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, anesthesia, detox, detoxification, drug, methadone, methadone detox, opiate, opiate detox, opiates, rapid detox, sedation, suboxone