Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > GHB addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

GHB addiction Support for coping with GHB & GBL addiction and GHB addiction treatment.

Old 15-04-2009, 22:32
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male
MIstE is a decent psychonaut.
Re: help required after suicide attempt

swim had 9 mil at half eight and swim hs just woke up! what does swim do?

MIstE added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

swim also wet himself

Last edited by MIstE; 15-04-2009 at 22:32. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-04-2009, 22:56
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Why the fuck did swiy take 8 ml? I thought we were going to keep this simple and say no more gbl for swiy, period. 8 ml is ridiculous overkill anyway.
Old 15-04-2009, 23:13
Banned

Male
solanaceous-herb is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 103, Level: 1 Points: 103, Level: 1 Points: 103, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
AW: help required after suicide attempt

I'm really sorry to say that but i'm getting really angry and a feeling of helplessness right now while reading all this.
It's because i (and the others certainly,too) recognize how much you are suffering right now and due to this everybody is giving you advices, specially that you should see a doctor to get a professional therapy/help - but you're still not going , you're still here and posting.....
Please don't understand me wrong, you can post how much and how long you want, and it's good when you're posting about your situation because atfer that you're feeling a bit more relieved. But why the hell don't you want to see a doctor???! GO AND SEARCH FOR SOME PROFESSIONAL HELP! Don't be afraid of this step, just go there! Please swiy shouldn't take any substances like Diazepam on his own! Swiy needs to be supervised by doctors!

solanaceous-herb added 8 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIstE View Post
swim had 9 mil at half eight and swim hs just woke up! what does swim do?
Is this a game or why is swiy acting that weird?
MIstE, nobody of us can really help swiy from this distance! Nobody of us can kick swiy out of swiyour situation - unfrtunatelly. We can only give swiy some advices. But there is one person who can really help swiy: and that is you! So please, swiy shouldn' just sit here around and consuming more drugs Swiy should take action on swiyour situation. I mean healthy wise action! Go and see a doctor!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Well pitched advise.

Last edited by solanaceous-herb; 15-04-2009 at 23:13. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-04-2009, 23:21
Platinum Member & Advisor

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Pondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,048, Level: 9 Points: 4,048, Level: 9 Points: 4,048, Level: 9
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Quote:
Melatonin was not available in my holland and barrett store here.
It's not available OTC in the UK as far as I am aware. You can get it online fairly easily though. Note that many people find the 1mg just as effective as the 3mg (or even higher) doses.

One herb with a mild sedative effect that might help is valerian root. You can get that in most UK health food shops. Something like 2 grams has a mild calming effect.

Diphenhydamine has already been mentioned. This is available from a pharmacist without prescription in the UK. I.e. you can get it in a chemist if you ask for it. Nytol is the main brand (don't get nytol herbal though; it's different), but many large chemists (e.g. Boots) have their own generic versions that work out cheaper. This can be a great help in getting to sleep, for which 50 to 100mg is about right IMHO, but it doesn't have any calming effect.

Lastly, has SWIY seen a doctor about the 32 paracetamols? That's 16 grams assuming standard 500mg tablets, which is quite a large dose. Personally, I'd recommend seeing a doctor to be on the safe side. I wouldn't mention the 8ml though - that's out of the system now and mentioning it will only complicate matters.
Old 15-04-2009, 23:25
Banned

Male
AW: Re: help required after suicide attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondlife View Post
It's not available OTC in the UK as far as I am aware. You can get it online fairly easily though. Note that many people find the 1mg just as effective as the 3mg (or even higher) doses.

One herb with a mild sedative effect that might help is valerian root. You can get that in most UK health food shops. Something like 2 grams has a mild calming effect.

Diphenhydamine has already been mentioned. This is available from a pharmacist without prescription in the UK. I.e. you can get it in a chemist if you ask for it. Nytol is the main brand (don't get nytol herbal though; it's different), but many large chemists (e.g. Boots) have their own generic versions that work out cheaper. This can be a great help in getting to sleep, for which 50 to 100mg is about right IMHO, but it doesn't have any calming effect.
NOTHING will makes MIstE feel more calm while he's consuming GBL at the same time!
Old 15-04-2009, 23:57

30 y/o Male

Diphenhydamine i will try and get this tomorrow morning.. i'm up all night now . someone said the doctor might not no what gbl withdrawal was?
Old 16-04-2009, 00:00

Male
rhudson is a decent psychonaut.rhudson is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1

You should really see a doctor. For the GBL withdrawals, and also for potential liver damage from the paracetamol overdose. Be sure to mention that.
Old 16-04-2009, 00:20

30 y/o Male

also a complete sidenote now.. swim spilt some gbl on his cest of drawers other day and the paint is alllose and frailed and just weird in general...what the hell does gbl do to your insides??

MIstE added 16 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

swim doesnt have a doctor at the minute..swim has rang the local one and they said to ring back friday to see if they are taking on if they are not then she will give swim numbers of ones that are.Then I could book an emergency appointment with the doctor

Last edited by MIstE; 16-04-2009 at 00:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-04-2009, 00:25

24 y/o Male
superZi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1

32pills of paracetamol? go to the hospital asap..acute liver failure is very possible with such dose.
Old 16-04-2009, 00:39
Banned

Male
AW: Re: help required after suicide attempt

Quote:
also a complete sidenote now.. swim spilt some gbl on his cest of drawers other day and the paint is alllose and frailed and just weird in general...what the hell does gbl do to your insides??

MIstE added 16 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

swim doesnt have a doctor at the minute..swim has rang the local one and they said to ring back friday to see if they are taking on if they are not then she will give swim numbers of ones that are.Then I could book an emergency appointment with the doctor
Buddy, swiy DON'T NEED an appointment if it's an emergency! Don't call a docotor, just GO to one! If swiy is going to the hospital or to a doctor's practic (i don't know your healthsystem over there), it is the duty of a doctor to medicate swiy! So don't waste time for sensless actions like calling around or stuff like that, just move swiyour ass and go to a hospital! Honestly swiyour liver has to be checked also because swiy has not only consumed a huge amount of paracetamol but also GBL in the last days and also tonight. So please, support swiyour body in seeing a doctor (NOW!) while swiyour body is giving his best to detoxicate all the drugs.

I won't post in this thread anymore cause i already told my opinion. Nevertheless, i really wish and hope that swiy will come to the conclusion to see a doctor. Wish you all the best and better times!
Take care!
Old 16-04-2009, 02:13

30 y/o Male

swim will go to the hospital as soon as he sorts this sleeping out

MIstE added 90 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

so if i go in a hospital and say i took 32 tablets of paracetomol and am suffering from gbl withdrawal the will kno how to treat BOTH?

MIstE added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

and will my family here of this?

Last edited by MIstE; 16-04-2009 at 02:13. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-04-2009, 03:08
Silver Member

Male from USA - Colorado
Chronix is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1

Quote:
swim will go to the hospital as soon as he sorts this sleeping out

MIstE added 90 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

so if i go in a hospital and say i took 32 tablets of paracetomol and am suffering from gbl withdrawal the will kno how to treat BOTH?

MIstE added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

and will my family here of this?
Yes they will help you, and unless you cannot function when you goto the hospital and you are an adult then i see no reson your family will need to know.
Old 16-04-2009, 09:26
GHB

43 y/o Male from Earth
MrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,133, Level: 13 Points: 9,133, Level: 13 Points: 9,133, Level: 13
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

SWIY might want to seriously consider going to his local A&E and asking to speak to a mental health crisis team member. Most A&E's are equipped for people coming in who are needing psychological help.

On the basis that you appear to be continuing to take the GBL in very large doses (please stop doing that), I don't think you are going to be able to cope with this on your own.

As an adult there is no reason why the medical services would contact your family without your consent and that can be stipulated by you at the start. By visiting A&E and, hopefully, finding someone who is briefed correctly about GBL withdrawal, SWIY should be in good hands. GBL is not presently listed as a controlled substance in the UK.

Remember, stay calm, what SWIY is experiencing can and will pass so that he can return to feeling 'normal', as long as he stops doing things like taking huge doses of GBL !

GBL is an organic solvent which, if ingested undiluted, will cause irritation to the throat and stomach.

Withdrawal from chronic GBL dosing, depending on duration and dosed amounts, is reported as being particularly difficult, physically and mentally. Although the withdrawal period itself is usually shorter than one week. After the first few days of abstinence it is often stated that the symptoms become much more manageable.

But this is not going to be achievable if SWIY continues to dose as he is.

Either he gets himself down the A&E and comes clean (best option)
or he titrates his GBL dosing - decreasing dose size (risky).

Again, please try to remain calm, SWIY is not the first person to get bent out of shape on GBL and, unfortunately, is not likely to be the last.

But, whatever he decides, please do not take any more super-doses. Titration, if that is the route he chooses, is meant to be dosed only sufficiently enough to keep the worst of the withdrawals at bay, not to get him buzzed.

Sound advice, spot on as usual
A punchy but also sensitive explanation. Keep it up!
Old 17-04-2009, 11:07

Male
yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 902, Level: 4 Points: 902, Level: 4 Points: 902, Level: 4
Re: help required with GBL withdrawal

Its simple go to the nearest hospital and ask for the A&E department explain at reception whats wrong then explain to the nurse whats wrong then explain to the Doctor whats wrong. And if any of them sends you away (I seriously doubt that !!) then say am going mad and going to kill myself !!!!! Trust me they will help. And they even without saying am going to kill myself they will refer you to mental health, They are not stupid ! And will see that you need help !

Go Now ! The sooner the better !

And good luck.

Last edited by yaba; 17-04-2009 at 11:08. Reason: spelling
Old 19-04-2009, 03:16

43 y/o Male from Fiji
Systemdoll is captain of the psychonauts.Systemdoll is captain of the psychonauts.Systemdoll is captain of the psychonauts.

Some doctors have helped ghb withdrawal with neurontin.

[From a Medical Doctor friend of erowid.]

I have detoxed two heavily GHB addicted individuals as outpatients using a benzo (Klonopin), Neurontin (fairly quickly getting up to 2700 to 3000mg), and some Clonidine.

Subjectively the people complained and felt miserable, but objectively vital signs and the rest looked pretty good. It seemed to take two or three weeks.

Some people seem to get addicted surprisingly quickly. I believe that alcohol and other sedative-hypnotics are often more difficult and complicated to manage in terms of the withdrawal process, but that always involves people who have practiced dependency producing patterns for many months or years-- people seem to get dramatically dependent on GHB within just a couple of months (taking it day and night) and suffer through the detox.

source : http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=7877
Old 22-04-2009, 19:13
Gold Member

28 y/o Male from Earth
malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.
Points: 2,708, Level: 7 Points: 2,708, Level: 7 Points: 2,708, Level: 7
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%

Fucking hell! MIstE, are you still alive? 16g of paracetamol is enough to kill someone, but it can take a few days before symptoms emerge. I seriously hope you made it to a hospital man. It's obvious that you're not able to handle this on your own. Please let us know if you're okay.
Old 23-04-2009, 11:29

30 y/o Male

Swim says hi everyone , swim went to the hospital that night and got out last night all better.
Staff didnt really know what I was going through but they give me some powerful sleeping tablets (diazapam) I had to come clean to my family which was hard but they understand .
I wouldnt wish last week on any body, what a nightmare. Scary scary times. Just a silly kid who thought gbl didnt have any side effects. I got 12 hours sleep on my own last night so it looks like i've had a lucky escape and am on the mend.
I still maintain gbl can be an enjoyable drug if in the RIGHT hands but thats not a thought just as of yet.
I want to thank you all for the advice cause i'd probably be in some mental home if it wasn't for you. This has been the hardest few weeks of my life. This drug is not to messed about with.
And if you start to take it READ up on it , don't just go in blind like me because its sucks you in fast!!
I'm a shy person and this stuff made me ultra confident but at the end of the dayb thats a lie and its not who I am.

Gbl became a lifestyle rather than a bit of fun.

So thank you guys !!

Contributing follow up information
Thank you for your honesty and thank you for doing the right thing and coming clean. Could I ask if you might post, in more detail, about what SWIY experienced from the point he made the decision to check himself in?
Old 23-04-2009, 13:49
Banned

45 y/o Female from England
bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.bananaskin really knows their shit.
Points: 5,097, Level: 10 Points: 5,097, Level: 10 Points: 5,097, Level: 10

Good to hear SWIY is feeling a lot better.
Don't forget to remind them to get a doctor...

http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories...iceSearch.aspx

Hopefully they will find the above link helpful
Old 23-04-2009, 14:17
Gold Member

28 y/o Male from Earth
malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.malsat really knows their shit.
Points: 2,708, Level: 7 Points: 2,708, Level: 7 Points: 2,708, Level: 7
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%

Thanks for catching us up man, it's such a relief things worked out okay. Yet another nightmare story from our friend GBL. I'd recommend NEVER finding a way to justify taking it again, it's just bad news for some people.

Glad you're okay

Share this on:

Tags
canada, drugs, gbl, gbl addiction, gbl withdrawal, ghb addiction, propranolol, withdrawal