Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:11
Silver Member

Male from United States
100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.
Chasing the dragon with morphine sulfate, what did he do wrong?

Swim has some generic morphine sulfate pills. Thirty milligrams each. He doesn't have many or much money to get more at the moment. So he only used a quarter of the pill for this experiment. So around 7.5mg.

Swim took a piece of foil about 4 x 4 inches. Took the crushed pill and placed it on the foil, after "cleansing" the foil by running a lighter over it on both sides. He had the foil folded in half, although it was a bit crumpled so the powder lacked the ability to naturally slide down the foil by itself. Which is what swim is thinking was part of the problem.

He started out using his lighter on the lowest setting, but it wasn't very effective, so he turned it up a bit higher. He tried keeping the lighter as far away as possible as to keep the temperature at an absolute minimum, but it wasn't working very well so eventually he had to move the lighter right under the foil.

He got it to 'work' if you would call it that. He got some vapors that tasted like pill, and felt a mild buzz. But there wasn't really much chasing involved.

Swim put the powder in a small line, you could say. So it was spread out a bit, but everything just looked charred as smoke came out. I was under the impression the powder should have turned into liquid and ran down the foil, which may have been prevented by the fact that the pill is full of binders, and the foil had little wrinkles all over it (swim wasn't about to go downstairs and get some clean foil right in front of his parents. They would think he was trying to smoke meth or make some sort of weed smoking device).

Basically, swim just wanted to know if generic morphine sulphate instant release pills just won't melt like heroin, or if it was the foil not being completely straight, or maybe a combination? Swim may have had the lighter too close out of frustration and lack of patience, but he did start out trying to be very careful with this aspect.

Obviously, smoking morphine pills or any opiates is considered a waste to most people. Swim tried this merely for the fact that he can now say he's tried "chasing the dragon" and if he runs into some heroin, he will have a better idea of what to do (swim refuses to inject). He doesn't plan on trying this again with pills either, but one can learn from their mistakes and apply them somewhere else.

Btw. I did use the search engine, and I couldn't find anything that went into this much detail on the problem swim was having. Not to mention the results of smoking pills seem to vary from swimmer to swimmer.

EDIT: No. Swim is not going around saying "GUESS WHAT GUYS I CHASED THE DRAGON." He was out of it on morphine while posting this, and just meant he was trying it out of personal curiosity. Swim has been doing strong opiates in moderation for the last four years or so (mostly oxycodone and hydrocodone).

Please stop being rude and treating him like he's a moron, because he's still able to keep a grasp on his addictions quite well. Whenever swim starts doing a drug too often, he takes a break. Swim has learned that the less often he does drugs, the more euphoria they produce. Swim even takes months off smoking cigarettes when he starts to feel overly congested.

I'm not saying he's perfect or he never craves some of these drugs, but he knows the consequences and how expensive such addictions are. And until the day where swim can get a regular monthly prescription for amphetamines, benzodiazepines, or opiates, or a very cheap and very pure regular source, he's not willing to let himself dive into such an addiction.

Not to mention, there is a severe lack of heroin where swim lives and he could never get enough pain pills to maintain an addiction. Also, he's not willing to steal and do other illegal things to pay for them.

Anyway, sorry about that rant. But swim doesn't appreciate being treated like an idiot and I had to defend him.

Last edited by 100mg Methylphenidate; 04-04-2009 at 20:24. Reason: Instant release not extended
Old 04-04-2009, 15:32
Silver Member

Male from United States
hamsterdam is a decent psychonaut.hamsterdam is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 488, Level: 3 Points: 488, Level: 3 Points: 488, Level: 3
Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2%
Re: What did swim do wrong: chasing the dragon with morphine sulfate

yeah.. saying you tried doing something stupid with drugs isn't really something to brag about. In fact, it's probably something you should keep to yourself.

But anyway, like the above poster said, the pill has a shitload of fillers. You'd need to extract the morphine first and get rid of the fillers, and you might need to freebase it. smoking a salt probably won't work too well.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Flaming, generally disrespectful.
Old 04-04-2009, 17:19
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
MEKONE is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

1)Take your MS pill,cut it in half and place it to the side.
2)Take your piece of foil and burn the "shiny" side to rid it of the chemicals as much as you can.
3)Have your "Tooter" in mouth and place pill on the side thats NOT burned/blackened.
*Note- try and place the pill so that the side where it is split is on the foil.
4)Next place lighter under foil(NOT CLOSE) which will heat the foil causing vapors.
5)Hold the foil at an about 45 degree angle.Start sucking in vapors and hold them in as much as possiable.
Being that the foil is at an angle you will see the pill start sliding(melting)which will leave black streaks on the foil,follow the pill with your tooter as close as possiable.
6)Continue to do this until pill is finished or until SWIY has had enough.

The problen with this,even though it is quite EASY to do is that it takes practice and unless your tooter is right over the pill you will loose ALOT of vapors.
SWIM,although enjoys chasing the dragon,would rather crush into VERY fine powder and smell the wonders of MS and not loose any of it.Another bonus is that the effects will last much longer and be stronger so be careful as SWIM does not know what SWIY's tolerance is,but based on the discription above it probably isn't too high.Good Luck and stay safe!!!

Last edited by MEKONE; 04-04-2009 at 17:30.
Old 04-04-2009, 20:39
Silver Member

Male from United States
100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.

Thank you MEKONE for giving an informative post and not assuming swim is a jackass. Seriously, who is going to run around bragging about chasing the dragon to everybody? Especially when a lot of swim's friends don't even do drugs.

Also, hamsterdam and nateup, morphine sulphate is 'smokable'. Although a freebase would obviously be more ideal, it isn't completely necessary. And there are a lot of reports in the search engine on people vaporizing oxycontins with varying effectiveness.

So MEKONE, I'm thinking the problem may have been that he crushed the pill? From your description it sounds like he should have just placed the whole chunk on the foil? I'm thinking that would have worked a lot better. He just thought that since heroin generally comes in powder form, it would make sense to crush the pill. He got a pretty noticable effect from it the way he did it, but he didn't last long at all, and it may have been merely a placebo as he was still coming up for the 30mg he had taken orally a while earlier.

Tolerance wise, swim can handle a fair amount of opiates for someone who doesn't take them regularly. Once he gets around 40mg oral morphine/hydrocodone or 30mg oxycodone insufflated/oral he gets a bit nauseated. Any more and he'd most definitely throw up. He only used such a small amount because he was just doing an experiment and didn't want to waste his whole pill if it went wrong. Which now he's quite glad that's all he used.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:08
Gold Member

24 y/o Male from Northern Ireland
davestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medline
Points: 3,538, Level: 8 Points: 3,538, Level: 8 Points: 3,538, Level: 8
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

Morphine sulphate, being a salt, is nigh on impossible to smoke, it needs to be freebased, with ammonia/NaOH
Old 05-04-2009, 18:23
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
MEKONE is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mg Methylphenidate View Post
Swim has been doing strong opiates in moderation for the last four years or so (mostly oxycodone and hydrocodone).

he's still able to keep a grasp on his addictions quite well. Whenever swim starts doing a drug too often, he takes a break. Swim has learned that the less often he does drugs, the more euphoria they produce.
I'm not saying he's perfect or he never craves some of these drugs, but he knows the consequences and how expensive such addictions are. And until the day where swim can get a regular monthly prescription for amphetamines, benzodiazepines, or opiates, or a very cheap and very pure regular source, he's not willing to let himself dive into such an addiction.

Not to mention, there is a severe lack of heroin where swim lives and he could never get enough pain pills to maintain an addiction. Also, he's not willing to steal and do other illegal things to pay for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mg Methylphenidate View Post
Thank you MEKONE for giving an informative post and not assuming swim is a jackass.
No problem,if one does not know then you should ask questions.However,and I know you really don't want to hear this,SWIM sees that SWIY is only 19 yo.be careful with what your playing with as by the look of your rant the point of no return is closer than you think.I REALLY hate to see someone that is at their prime go down the drain and become a slave to substance(Which of course SWIY is now saying that won't happen to me as we all did ,LOL.Opies,I'm sure you know is NOTHING like smoking weed,it comes with addiction which SWIY is aware of but hopefully has not experienced).SWIM is not one to preach and will be the first one to admit he LOVES his opies but if he could take it all back he would without any questions.Good Luck and Stay safe.Feel Free to PM me if you need any help.
Old 05-04-2009, 23:17
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male
xxdan123xx needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Well what swiy did wrong was attempting to smoke em... nuff said any other mode of adiministration would have produced much more positive results...

xxdan123xx added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Must agree avoid 0pie addiction at all costs swiy will be sicker than he ever imagined for longer than he could have ever thought possible

Last edited by xxdan123xx; 05-04-2009 at 23:17. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-03-2010, 05:07

23 y/o Male from United States
jjraf is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

My pet lobster said to me:

SWIM just tried, using MS 15mg ER (blue ABG). Taste is horrid, and at one point the whole thing burst into flames, but i do feel a slight buzz... all in all i dont think ill be using this ROA again, at least until I decide to extract the morphine from the filler, ill stick to oral or snorting(i know the bioavailability sucks but SWIM has around 900 of the 15mg pills) for now.

Post Quality Evaluations:
please do not self incriminate

Last edited by Helene; 27-03-2010 at 16:03. Reason: self incrimination

Share this on:

Tags
chasing the dragon, generic morphine, morphine sulfate, morphine sulphate, ms contin, smoking opiates, smoking oxycodone, snorting drugs, wasting morphine