Notices

Old 15-03-2009, 03:54
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from United States
Dellzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Liquid Methadone

SWIM has a friend that gets 100 mg of liquid methadone from a methadone client. SWIM was wondering if SWIM could iv methadone? And how long should SWIM wait before he iv a oc?
Old 15-03-2009, 08:13

Male
yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 902, Level: 4 Points: 902, Level: 4 Points: 902, Level: 4
Re: Liquid Methadone

Swim did hear that people were doing IV methadone but also that it isn't good.. Then again swim been told that people are IV'ing lots of (stupid) stuff, dihydrocodeine, temazepam (liquid gels) and even diazepam, for swim all of those are a NO NO !

Better do a lot of research, before... And methadone is active for 24 hours when taken orally.
Old 15-03-2009, 23:19

26 y/o Male from United States
Dellzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1

SWIM all ready knows he can IV regular methadones. But SWIM has liquid methadone from a methadone client. Its kinda pinkish. SWIM and his friend was thinking it is just waffers and water. Some one had to of IV liquid methadone before. So if any one has done this SWIM would be thankful
Old 19-03-2009, 04:13

Male from New Zealand
Zendo needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Theres no rush, and no real point to i.v done
the done syrups are fulled with sugars and many other junks that just destroy the veins,

swim use to i.v methadone, mostly using 20ml syringes full..
Guess it was the kneedle fixation that kept him going back and doing it,
There was Zero benefits to injecting it vs Oral

nowdays he would Never i.v done again
its very pointless to do
Old 20-03-2009, 19:49
Banned

44 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Dickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12

The question here has to be what form the methadone is in. Cat used to get 50mg/ml amps and would use a 5ml works to inject 4 or 5 to give a hit of 200-250mg methadone. This did provide something of a rush. [Harm reduction advice: Do not, for God's sake, try this at home unless you know you have the tolerance. 40-50mg methadone orally can kill.] The 50mg/ml amps, as far as I'm aware, are now much harder to get in the UK. Cat has got some scars from using these very caustic things.

The trouble is most methadone is in oral solution and in the UK it's 1 mg/ml. In Germany, it was, in cat's day, and I think still is 5mg/ml. Cat injected the UK oral stuff, but I think he used a 2ml barrel, which meant 2mg of methadone. Even a 5ml, or a 10ml would be pretty fatuous. I guess Zendo's 20ml is getting into the realms of realism. Cat always found using a 10ml works hard, and never tried a 20ml. I guess it depends on your needle skills and veins (ah, I remember those!).

The other stuff in the methadone might not make for a safe injection, so injecting oral methadone is probably a really bad idea. All the syrup and guck (this is the technical term I believe!) that seems to be in methadone solutions everywhere is designed to discourage injecting. If you're talking 1mg/ml it simply isn't worth it, and wouldn't be worth it even if there weren't the addictional risks involved from the guck.

All in all, if you don't have amps, it's a bad idea.

Dickon

Post Quality Evaluations:
I was really grabbed by the info and the harm reduction message in this post.

Last edited by Dickon; 20-03-2009 at 19:51. Reason: to avoid confusing mgs and mls
Old 19-08-2011, 02:11

33 y/o Male from United States
Spoonbender420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1

Swim has IV'd the pink 10mg/ml liquid methadone that is used in the U.S.A like said a large syringe is usually needed unless one heats the liquid to evap the water and reduce it which swim has done it becomes an art forum to much heat will destroy the methadone and to little will just take much more time not a problem unless you have a problem with waiting

Swim hasn't looked into the in active ingredients and feels it should have been done after reducing the liquid it gets very thick and difficult to draw up into a syringe as we'll as inject there is a mild creeping rush if enough is done and would be worth it swim supposes if the thick shots weren't so surely bad for you
Old 19-08-2011, 20:53

Male from New Zealand
Zendo needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Swim would like to correct his friends last post, Swim still believes theres no point to the liquid done and injection, However swim has come off a 10 year Oxycontin prescription and has been placed on methadone tablets to reduce swims pain killers, Crushed with water and a wheel filter there is indeed a rush with the methadone, Swim has tried twice in the span of 4 months, (Does not want a needle habbit ever again)
So for experimental purposes swim tried the pills in injectable form, Just like other opiates its kicked in before swim has finished dosing himself,

Now for the tablets Please remember there is a 48-72 hr half life even with I.V, It would be extremely easy to overdose injecting the tablets more than once every few days, That is for people with low tolerance,

Also I.V'ing tablets more than once a day is pointless because of the half life, a second taste would feel like a dud shot since the receptors are already flooded

Peace out and be Safe
as a community the safer we are, the stronger we are as a collective.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:25

37 y/o Male from United States
JoshChem is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

SWIM has been in methadone maintenance therapy for abouot 13 years now, and has injected a BOATLOAD of the red syrup which is 10mg/ml or 10mg/cc; however one wishes to look at it. SWIM has never had any problems just drawing it up out of the bottle and blasting off. SWIM uses a 12cc/12ml syringe so the most he can inject at once is 120 mgs. They DO SELL 15ml, and even 20 or 50 ml syringes online or at the local farm supply store. You have to check the ordering supply site for the laws regarding the purchase of and/or the possession of these needles. They are perfectly legal to buy and own in MANY, MANY states, but in most of these states if you walk in the pharmacy and ask for a 10 pack of 1cc insulin needles or syringes, they will usually tell you that you must have a prescription for insulin and the needles. Congratulations to all of these huge drug stores for keeping LEGAL LIFE-SAVING needles out of the reach of I.V. drug users so the rates of H.I.V. and Hepatitis will continue to soar and society can be freed of a lot of fairly harmless junkies when they die from lack of a clean needle. But what do I know?
Old 24-09-2012, 04:22

23 y/o Male from New Zealand
kapitol20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

It really depends what formula your liquid methadone is. Where I'm from (New Zealand) we get liquid methadone containing methadone hcl and purified water @ 5mg / ml. (Nothing else, no colouring or additives ect) I have IV'd it and have got a rush. I'm not saying it's any safer or smarter to inject and there are always risks associated with IV'ing any substance. I'm just saying it is possible to IV and get a rush but it depends what your liquid methadone contains

Share this on:

Tags
4-mec, diazepam, drugs, drugs-forum, i.v., injecting, injecting methadone, injection, intravenous injection, intravenous methadone, iv methadone, methadone, methadone dosage, methadone dose, methadone iv use, methadone liquid, methadose, oral methadone, shoot up, shooting up, uk methadone, united states