Notices

Old 13-03-2009, 06:37
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
randomuser is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Employment Urine test in 7 days

I've looked through multiple forums on detection times for opiates for an employment drug screen. My question is, is the 2-4 day period for occasional use, or is the top range for normal day to day use? I have an employment drug screen in 7 days that I just found out about. I have taken any where from 35-50 mgs of oxycodone (no script) for the past couple of weeks, and hydrocodone (have script) prior to that for about a month, same mg's. I feel that I should be good with some exercise, vitamins, cranberry pills, and water. I also purchased a home test that does test for oxy which I plan to take the morning of. However, just curious about the occasional vs normal use time frames. I am a 28 year old male, 175 lbs but not in the best shape (some body fat). Any educated opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 14-03-2009, 20:39
Banned

Male from United States
Lippmannk1 is captain of the psychonauts.Lippmannk1 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2
Re: Employment Urine test in 7 days

This is a story related to SWIM by a newly born baby panda. This is a transcript of SWIM's conversation with the panda. This is for entertainment only and is not intended to instruct anyone how to do anything illegal in any way. Drugs are bad! .

How to ace an opiate drugest and/or get away with a positive result.

First off: SWIM would recommend drinking LOTS and LOTS of water. Drink water enough so that your urine is clear or a very pale yellow. This will help you with your drug test. Drink an EXTRA lot of water 2 hours before your test. This will heavily dilute whatever you DO still have in your system. SWIM is open to more suggestions he can post here that will take opiates out of your system quicker. Let me know in a reply below and I will add it to the list.

-If you have ever had a prescription for any kind of opiate in the past, have it on hand for the information on the bottle if you do this. (If you don't, this will be more risky than it already is). If they ask about the bottle, tell them you threw it away and had 2 or 3 remaining loose pills in your desk. This entire method can be risky.

Step one: Rehearse some story of how you hurt your back. Make it believable. Rehearse it in the mirror. Example: You were lifting a huge object incorrectly or you were jumping on a trampoline and fell off. The zoo's baby panda used the excuse that he was in the weightroom and did a LEG PRESS/SQUAT with too much weight incorrectly.

Step two: While pinching yourself as hard as you can on your leg and rotating where you are pinching yourself, (this will get you into character), call some random instacare or similar facility and tell them you threw out your back.

Step three: While continuing to pinch yourself, ask the person on the other line for the nurse or doctor. Nurses and doctors are trained to pick up on subtle cues that you are actually in pain and this is why you are pinching yourself.

Step four: While still pinching yourself, tell the doctor/nurse your very fake and very well-rehearsed story. Ask the doctor/nurse what you should do about your situation. He/she will tell you to come in and see them. At this point, tell him you have some lortab on hand and ask if it would be ok to take it and tell him you will come in if you can. They will most likely say that it is ok to take it.

Step five: Write down the name and number of the instacare and the doctor/nurses name and number.

Step six: Call back two days later and tell them your back pain is better and you don't need to see them. Thank the doctor for his help and tell him the pain medicine you used got you through the worst of your pain. Offhandedly mention you have a drugtest soon. Play dumb and ask if the painmedicine you took will interfere. *Struggle* to remember the correct name for the medicine. . They will tell you what you knew all along: that it might cause trouble with your drugtest. Ask if it would be ok to have a note or have them call the testing facility to excuse using the medicine.

Now, before you take your test, bring the note or have them call. Bring along that old prescription bottle if you have it. Verbally ask for confirmation that this has been done. If any opiates show up they will exclude them from the results. Because it had the ok of the doctor, you should be excused from any positive results from any opiates.

Your golden. Enjoy your new job or whatever.

Last edited by Alfa; 29-07-2011 at 10:37.
Old 15-03-2009, 00:57
Silver Member

46 y/o Male from United States
538wireman is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomuser View Post
I've looked through multiple forums on detection times for opiates for an employment drug screen. My question is, is the 2-4 day period for occasional use, or is the top range for normal day to day use? I have an employment drug screen in 7 days that I just found out about. I have taken any where from 35-50 mgs of oxycodone (no script) for the past couple of weeks, and hydrocodone (have script) prior to that for about a month, same mg's. I feel that I should be good with some exercise, vitamins, cranberry pills, and water. I also purchased a home test that does test for oxy which I plan to take the morning of. However, just curious about the occasional vs normal use time frames. I am a 28 year old male, 175 lbs but not in the best shape (some body fat). Any educated opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
While Oxycodone and Hydrocodone are chemically different, most normal (i.e. everyday, run-of-the-mill) drug screens cant tell them apart. It shows up simply as "Opiates" in Swiy's system.

Swim has to take a new drug-test EVERY new Contractor he employ's with (sometimes up to but not limited to 15 in a single year) with "Random's" around every corner.

Like Swiy,Swim ALSO has a legit perscription for Hydrocodone for his back pain,but Swim takes whatever Opiate he can get his hands on when he runs out of his script. When he test's positive for Opiates in his system, he shows the Technician his current script bottle.

To date Swim has only had a problem (if u can call it a problem) with his most recent test and got sent home WITH pay for 3 days till the script could be verified. (Swim is "knocking on wood" now LOL)

Swiy's Hydrocodone script should cover them for their Oxycodone use as long as not being tested for specific Opiates/Opioids.

Good luck
Old 15-03-2009, 02:35

32 y/o Male from Indonesia
dadrone is a decent psychonaut.dadrone is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 243, Level: 2 Points: 243, Level: 2 Points: 243, Level: 2

Assuming SWIY actually wants to get this job, why do anything other that substitute synthetic urine?

If SWIY wants to be 100%, substitute - it makes sense.
Old 17-03-2009, 02:59
Silver Member

Male from United States
hamsterdam is a decent psychonaut.hamsterdam is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 488, Level: 3 Points: 488, Level: 3 Points: 488, Level: 3
Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2%

The drug test swim's had to take for employment includes GC/MS verification.

GC/MS can tell the difference between hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, and the inactive metabolites, norhydrocodone, noroxycodone, etc..

If you have a script for hydrocodone, you're clear for hydrocodone and it's metabolites. You are not clear for oxycodone and it's metabolites.

And swim would never struggle to remember the name of a medication or intentionally mispronounce it. That just makes you look like a moron and a hell of a lot less believable, and starts throwing up red flags (esp if you're drug seeking).

If you have 7 days, that's more then enough, 3 days is enough for opiates. Stop taking oxy, but take as much hydro as you want, you have a script for that, it's perfectly legal. (Which is the reason swim does narcotics now instead of smoking pot. Apparently it's a hell of a lot more legal to abuse narcotics then it is to smoke pot.)

Post Quality Evaluations:
great point re: the GC/MS test variety
Old 17-03-2009, 03:06
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from USA - Tennessee
Ilsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

^^good point...my cat's doc friend told her that this was one of the most common and obvious behaviors of a drug-seeker. if one's been on the meds, one is likely to remember their names.
Old 17-03-2009, 03:37
Palladium Member

Female from United States
pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.
Points: 1,472, Level: 5 Points: 1,472, Level: 5 Points: 1,472, Level: 5
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Yep. Seven days should be enough to clear the opies SWIY has taken without having a script for. Taking opies one does have a script for is perfectly fine; however, they may want to bring the bottle in with them so the script can be verified right from the get go. Better yet, if SWIY can go without anything...then they're system will be 100% clean..then they don't have to worry about making any disclosures. SWIM doesn't believe employers have any right to know what meds their employees are on so long as it doesn't/won't interfere with their job performance or safety of other employees.
Old 17-03-2009, 11:52
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksox View Post
Yep. Seven days should be enough to clear the opies SWIY has taken without having a script for. Taking opies one does have a script for is perfectly fine; however, they may want to bring the bottle in with them so the script can be verified right from the get go. Better yet, if SWIY can go without anything...then they're system will be 100% clean..then they don't have to worry about making any disclosures. SWIM doesn't believe employers have any right to know what meds their employees are on so long as it doesn't/won't interfere with their job performance or safety of other employees.
Where swim lives the only legal way to do a drug test is to send you to a clinic that does that.. the clinic reports back positive (With drug name) or negative. If you have a script, they report negative. Employer never finds out you have an Rx.
Old 18-03-2009, 06:00

Male

Swiy should have mentioned that swiy wasnt planning on taking anything for that 7 days and hopefully cleaning up completely so he wouldn't have to worry about anything. Finishing day 4 now and WD's have definitely sucked!! Not the first time however. Did have some Tramadol to help out which did take the edge off significantly. Will be taking the home test, which does show Oxycodone specifically, the day of and hopefully getting a negative on that to calm the nerves a bit. Feeling good though about everything though.. Thanks for the comments. Will hopefully have good news, and a new job in a few days.
Old 18-03-2009, 09:55
Silver Member

^^ There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting totally clean.

With that said, why would Swiy go thru " WD's that have definitely sucked" (unless wanting to get totally clean) when Swiy has a valid, legal script for Hydrocodone?
Old 18-03-2009, 23:38
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 538wireman View Post
^^ There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting totally clean.

With that said, why would Swiy go thru " WD's that have definitely sucked" (unless wanting to get totally clean) when Swiy has a valid, legal script for Hydrocodone?
His script might be legal, but if it's for imaginary pain, he might want to piss clean since the less questions asked the better.
Old 19-03-2009, 01:49
Silver Member

Actually it is none of Swim's bussiness. Swim definitely wishes Swiy luck.
Old 19-03-2009, 02:34
Silver Member

Male from United States

Hell, if swim was getting drug tested and received notice of it, he'd stay clean for at least 3 days before even though he has scripts for everything.

Why stir the hornet's nest?
Old 19-03-2009, 04:46

Male

Swim will be 7 days clean when taking the test. Shouldn't be a problem, I hope. The point to this thread was the detection ranges that are out there (2-4 days) and not knowing if those were for casual users or if they also contained frequent users. I would imagine the detection time is lengthened for frequent users, just didn't know how much.

randomuser added 70 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Swim got a little anxious and took his home 12 panel test tonight. Got a negative for both opiates and oxycodone. Wheww! Makes me feel a little more comfortable

Last edited by randomuser; 19-03-2009 at 04:46. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-03-2009, 00:44
Silver Member

Male from United States

just so swiy knows, home tests are not NEARLY as accurate as the ones the drug testing clinics do.

GC/MS can tell what substances are in a liquid down to the microgram.

If swiy wants to be 100 % sure, go get your own drug test taken at the same place the official one is going to be taken. SWIM knew he was going to have a pre-employment drug test and knew the facility that did it. SWIM got his own test taken at that facility. If it came back positive SWIM would delay the real test as much as possible.
Old 20-03-2009, 04:40
Palladium Member

pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.

Quote:
Swim got a little anxious and took his home 12 panel test tonight. Got a negative for both opiates and oxycodone. Wheww! Makes me feel a little more comfortable
Haha! SWIM did that a few months ago when they forgot about an upcoming doctors appointment 4 days away and took a few hits of a FOAF's bowl. Fortunately, SWIM doesn't smoke more than a few times a month, so it cleared out in time....or at least SWIM assumes it did because the doc never said anything. Hopefully, cannabis will be legal in SWIM's State in the near future.

Anyway, glad your home test came out alright. SWIM thinks employers are getting waaaay too nosy about peoples medical histories.
Old 20-03-2009, 05:08
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from USA - Tennessee
Ilsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

^^ hell yeah, they are downright invasive...someone smoking at night and going to work the next morning are not likely to be under the influence. hell ALCOHOL has more deleterious after-effects! but if you hurt yourself at work hung-over, that's not a problem....smoke a bowl before bed and you're FUCKED. fully. and pre-screening potential employees in idiotic also.

ranting aside, i feel that MY body is MY domain, as long as i do not pose a threat to myself or someone else. rights concerning what we do with our own bodies went down awhile ago though. hopefully the murmurings of decriminalization out west are true....time will tell.

sorry but it's kinda relevant, in a philosophical sense

Great philosophy

Last edited by Ilsa; 20-03-2009 at 05:10. Reason: spelling monstrosity
Old 20-03-2009, 23:10

Male

Swim had his official drug screen today. The lab sheet said it was a "Pre-employment 5 panel test". From previous readings online I've come to realize that unless Swim was popping Oxycodone the day before the test to where actual Morphine was present, this test shouldn't even pick up synthetic opiates. Considering it's been 160+ hours since Swims last dose it's highly doubtful there was any traces of morphine in the sample. Swim has been taking tramadol this week as well, which swim does have a script for. Since tramadol isn't considered an opiate it shouldn't be of concern either. Either way, the script is valid anyway. Will post the results once Swim clears. Hoping I don't get an MRO call next week!!! Highly doubtful but we'll see. Good weekend to all!!
Old 21-03-2009, 02:03
Gold Member

Male from USA - Ohio
bloot is on the way upbloot is on the way upbloot is on the way upbloot is on the way up
Points: 512, Level: 3 Points: 512, Level: 3 Points: 512, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomuser View Post
Swim will be 7 days clean when taking the test. Shouldn't be a problem, I hope. The point to this thread was the detection ranges that are out there (2-4 days) and not knowing if those were for casual users or if they also contained frequent users. I would imagine the detection time is lengthened for frequent users, just didn't know how much.

randomuser added 70 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

When my cat was on probation he was made to take a 12 panel test really differentiating between anything.. At least once a week.. Quite a few times twice.
Old 21-03-2009, 02:15
Palladium Member

Quote:
When my cat was on probation he was made to take a 12 panel test really differentiating between anything.. At least once a week.. Quite a few times twice.
That would suck very bad for SWIM. SWIM has scripts for most of her stuff...although she has been known to borrow benzos from a FOAF who never uses their script as well as smoke a little greenery from time-to-time. SWIM does love her benzos! LOL. They're like MAJICK:P

SWIM is of the same philosophy as SWIlsa, if a person poses no risk to themselves or others they ought be able to do with their bodies as they please.

good philosophy
Old 21-03-2009, 02:19
Gold Member

Male from USA - Ohio
bloot is on the way upbloot is on the way upbloot is on the way upbloot is on the way up
Points: 512, Level: 3 Points: 512, Level: 3 Points: 512, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksox View Post
That would suck very bad for SWIM. SWIM has scripts for most of her stuff...although she has been known to borrow benzos from a FOAF who never uses their script as well as smoke a little greenery from time-to-time. SWIM does love her benzos! LOL.

SWIM is of the same philosophy as SWIlsa, if a person poses no risk to themselves or others they ought be able to do with their bodies as they please.
SWIM agrees with this as well. Drug users should be those good statistics.. The ones not ruining their lives or letting it fuck with ones lifestyle.. As long as SWIY is one of these then there shouldn't be a halter to their drug use.
Old 21-03-2009, 05:50

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloot View Post
Swims 12 panel was a test bought from a local drug store. It tested all opiates and differentiated methadone, heroin, and oxycodone along with benzos, coke, you name it. All of which showed negative. Swims actual employment test today was only a 5 panel standard employment test. With the 7 clean days Swim took, not worried at all about the outcome..

Swim also totally agrees that it shouldn't be the employers option to intrude on one's personal life. Swim has been able to hold steady full time employment and be very successful for his entire career while experimenting with certain narcs at the same time. There are certain limitations obviously such as DOT or medical professionals to where I can understand this pre-caution.

SWIM agrees. It's ridiculous how far private entities and employers have been allowed to invade the medical histories and personal lives of their employess. What one does at home should have no bearing on their work so long as it doesnt effect safe
Old 11-04-2009, 18:40

Male

Figured swim should post the results. PASSED! Now Swim needs to concentrate on the real goal, getting off opiates for good.

Share this on:

Tags
detection time, drug, drug test, drug testing, hydrocodone, oxycodone