Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 11:10
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

37 y/o Female
josiebella is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
70 hours awake on adderall...

this is SWIM's first post ever, so please be gentle...
SWIM is breaking her personal record for staying awake RIGHT NOW - and is not happy about it at all. SWIM came home this monday from her advertising job (taken the usual 20mg adderall that day), and then started drinking wine & vodka/taking adderall (another 50 or 60mg) which then turned into the occasional (every hour or so) line of coke for that extra oomph.
SWIM somehow found herself still up & awake around 5 am and decided in her f*d up state it was best to stay up and go straight to work.
SWIM felt very rough at work; unsteady, difficult to focus and was constantly trying to decide whether to go to the bathroom or perhaps do some work (that never happened...) or pop another adderall (that did happen - a lot...).
right now SWIM is finding it very hard to distinguish what happened exactly over the last few days, but basically it has been the same ritual ever since: trying to act "normal" and not collapse (or say/do something really weird) at work (while taking 10mg of adderall every 1,5 hrs or so) and then coming home to drink/do more adderall & coke and smoke cigarettes incessantly.
when SWIM had social encounters with co-workers/friends over the last few days etc., she realized she was coming across absurdly upbeat and talkative, interchanged with totally unreasonable bouts of being annoyed and snapping at people, with moments of being disoriented/almost blacking out. plus, the most subtle movements/noises made (and are still making) her jump.
it is now thursday morning and SWIM literally does not understand how she hasn't fallen over and died yet, but the only sleep she got, was when she stumbled to the couch at 5.30am yesterday, to be violently woken by her cell phone alarm at 7 am.
so in total: 70 hours awake now, with 1,5 hours of sleep...
right now SWIM feels part tense/agitated, part zoned out/extremely exhausted and slightly disoriented, but totally unable to sleep.
in 2 hrs SWIM has to face her 3rd straight day at work like this... one thing is certain: the blue pills are coming with me....

PLEASE share similar stories to help me thru the day!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:02
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
TestPattern is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1
Re: 70 hours awake on adderall...

At the risk of sounding like SWIM is scolding: this really is no way to live. SWIM's personal record for adderall-aided sleep deprivation is around the 50 hour mark, and SWIM was all but unintelligible by the end of it. There are a few majorly alarming things about your post:

1) Drinking on adderall AFTER your first night's binge. The way the post read, SWIY continued to consume liquor after your second straight day of work. Why? As if adderall isn't a strong enough diuretic already, with the added alcohol, SWIY has to be feeling dire dehydration, or at least hugging the water cooler at the office.

2) Cocaine usage. Sure there's the usual warning of stimulant+stimulant=bad, but more pressing than this is the dangerous combination of alcohol and cocaine. This combination creates Cocaethylene, a substance that puts a lot more strain on the heart than either substance alone would. This aside, cocaine is so short-acting that SWIM couldn't possibly have though that the crash would be worth the 20-30 minutes of stimulation that these small bumps provided.

While SWIM can't say for certain or even estimate on figures, he would guess that at this point SWIY is most definitely facing dopamine depletion, and the other affected neurotransmitters probably aren't in abundant supply either. If SWIY's body reacts to these binges in at all a similar way that SWIM's does, all of SWIY's joints are probably aching quite horribly, and is probably feeling a terrible combination of physical fatigue and mental fogginess. SWIY came to the right place for sympathy but...why do this to the body?

I asked my pet tortoise, and he thinks that SWIY should be hydrating like a madwoman, eating foods rich in protein and Vitamin C, and definitely call in sick tomorrow, because SWIY is going to crash HARD when sleep does finally come. As tempting as it may be, SWIM doesn't recommend using benzodiazepines or any chemical, for that matter, to ease you into sleep. SWIY's body doesn't need them at this point. Just eat as large a meal as SWIY possible can, with plenty of fluids (of the citrus variety if they're available), and maybe pop in a 5-HTP supplement to aid in the repleneshment of serotonin.

SWIM would urge anyone reading this not to ever attempt this, or even to use adderall in this manner. Never drive after being awake for more than 24 hours. Adderall may be a powerful and useful drug, but as this post shows, it loses its efficacy with prolonged use. Happy SWIMming.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:34

37 y/o Female

thanks, testpattern, for your very sensible reply. SWIM agrees with everything SWIY says - what SWIM is doing is extremely stupid and dangerous.
SWIM would like to add that this post was merely meant to share and vent and find some SWIY's that may have made the same mistake and had some words of assurance, in case it came across like SWIM felt this was something to boast about...
SWIM has to add that her tolerance for all the stimulants she uses is extremely high from years of unintentionally and very slowly increasing the dosage of each one. SWIM never purposely sought out to become this excessive, it kind of crept up on her.
SWIM has to admit that this behavior is absurd and would like to emphasize to any forum-readers new to adderall (or coke) to avoid at all cost to abuse adderall / start experimenting with it recreationally.
SWIM just took a shower and is feeling relatively sane and stable and ready to take on one last day in the office in this state... i can hear the water cooler calling my name already and not far behind it, my bed, for a night of rest....
Old 12-03-2009, 14:45
Mercury Member

32 y/o Male from Australia
Dexyfiend needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Swiy'll be fine...

SWIM constantly drinks while on massive benders (and 70+hrs is one hell of an impressive bender) and no benzo's to come down on?!?!?! Get fucked! They're an essential part of the arsenall + you're only on mixed salts (well... and coke) so don't stress yourself.

I would however take the next week off work lolololololololol!

Hydrate always and often and it'll be fine.
Old 13-03-2009, 04:24

Male
moonbeam is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Dont feel alone lol. swims currently on a adderall tweeking binge too as of the last 50 hours so far.
Old 13-03-2009, 04:40

Male
mildogger is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by :smoker:Dutch_in_NY View Post
this is SWIM first post ever, so please be gentle...
SWIM is breaking her personal record for staying awake RIGHT NOW - and is not happy about it at all. SWIM came home this Monday from her advertising job (taken the usual 20mg adderall that day), and then started drinking wine & vodka/taking adderall (another 50 or 60mg) which then turned into the occasional (every hour or so) line of coke for that extra oomph.
SWIM somehow found herself still up & awake around 5 am and decided in her f*d up state it was best to stay up and go straight to work.
SWIM felt very rough at work; unsteady, difficult to focus and was constantly trying to decide whether to go to the bathroom or perhaps do some work (that never happened...) or pop another adderall (that did happen - a lot...).
right now SWIM is finding it very hard to distinguish what happened exactly over the last few days, but basically it has been the same ritual ever since: trying to act "normal" and not collapse (or say/do something really weird) at work (while taking 10mg of adderall every 1,5 hrs or so) and then coming home to drink/do more adderall & coke and smoke cigarettes incessantly.
when SWIM had social encounters with co-workers/friends over the last few days etc., she realized she was coming across absurdly upbeat and talkative, interchanged with totally unreasonable bouts of being annoyed and snapping at people, with moments of being disoriented/almost blacking out. plus, the most subtle movements/noises made (and are still making) her jump.
it is now Thursday morning and SWIM literally does not understand how she hasn't fallen over and died yet, but the only sleep she got, was when she stumbled to the couch at 5.30am yesterday, to be violently woken by her cell phone alarm at 7 am.
right now SWIM feels part tense/agitated, part zoned out/extremely exhausted and slightly disoriented, but totally unable to sleep.
in 2 hrs SWIM has to face her 3rd straight day at work like this... one thing is certain: the blue pills are coming with me....

PLEASE share similar stories to help me Thur the day!
Me to been up since Sunday night working and bumping lines all night my girlfriend don't know whats wrong with me she a good girl with no habits except smoking cigarettes got to be @ work @ 4:30 am good thing still have most of a 8 ball working on 96 hours with about 3 hours sleep thank god its Friday
Old 14-03-2009, 09:12

37 y/o Female

ok - this is for all the nice drug forum people who emailed me to check whether i was still breathing...
i made it into work and basically spent 8 of the worst hours of my life.. the first few hours were mainly spent tweaking and not being sure what to do with myself, while trying to look fairly sane sitting at my desk. not an easy task...
so then, of course, the inevitable crash came... no matter how many adderall i took, i was beyond help... all i remember is sitting on that chair, with hot & cold flashes, staring at my computer screen, changing it from facebook to hotmail every 30 secs while trying not to collapse...
when 6pm came around i went home, barely able to coordinate my movements, to crash on my couch.... finally managed to fall asleep around 10.30 pm (no benzo's...). all in all, i guess i was awake from monday morning 'til thursday evening, however many hours that is. being semi-sober right now, i can't believe i actually put myself through that ridiculous ordeal...
the problem is (for me at least) that once i get going on the whole adderall/coke/alcohol train, i lose all sense of reality and staying up always seems like an incredibly smart decision...
i'm glad that at least i got several posters saying they had done the same, plus of course some medical advice from doctor quinn the medicine woman!
PS - don't try this at home.............
Old 14-03-2009, 11:04

Male
yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.yaba probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 902, Level: 4 Points: 902, Level: 4 Points: 902, Level: 4

Swim had some mad yaba benders sometimes with alcohol and or MDMA his record is 5 days and nights without any sleep or food. He used to go to work after 3 days... And see his mum..

Can see the funny side of it now, and happy he doesn't have to do mad things like that anymore !

Strange that 10 years ago he could go without any sleep and still be kind of ok even after 4/5 days. And now when he doesn't sleep well for one night he feels fu*ked the next day.

Could it be that he had regular long benders and now has a more stable life ?
Thank god there is no yaba or meth where he is living now.
Old 15-03-2009, 16:49

23 y/o Male from United States
Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3

GO TO SLEEP!!!!

Staying awake for an extended period of time, especially on amphetamines, can result in paranoid delusions, hallucinations, and psychotic breaks. The mind isn't meant to go so long without rest.

Please, tell SWIY she needs to get some sleep.
Old 16-03-2009, 06:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.

Swim thinks hallucinations are fun sometimes...they can be sort of creepy and it's definitely not a state to be around people in.

Don't mix coke and adderall, period. That's just begging for an overdose. Swim's done similar things with bad results.

Swim's stayed up for 5 days straight and lived. The comedown was terrible but swim tries to keep a positive attitude because he knows the high was worth it.
Old 18-03-2009, 01:50

34 y/o Male
Grabnar should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Swim made it to day 8 , using 30mg/2x a day, there are ways to stay awake longer but involve deep meditation, probably difficult for those w/o add in some form as most non add amphetamine users tend to be unable to concentrate well under long terms of dosing.
Old 18-03-2009, 17:41
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 424, Level: 3 Points: 424, Level: 3 Points: 424, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Yea, that definitely sounds like an experience most stimulant abusers have faced multiple times.

SWIM can not imagine going to work after an Adderall binge. Working in the pharmacy is so stressful when SWIM does it alone. He can't imagine working with the extra anxiety that Adderall adds.
Old 19-03-2009, 10:24
Silver Member

Male from United States
100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.

It was quite possibly the worst experience swim has ever had in his lifetime. NEVER go to work while coming down from a 5 day binge. I think swim is more terrified of doing that again than jumping off a cliff.
Old 21-03-2009, 01:06
Silver Member

Male
Remedy is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

SWIM braves the proposition the OP is now dead.

Take care of your body on drugs or else it won't take care of you. The alcohol was really unnecessary.
Old 21-03-2009, 03:50

Female from United States
pixilated1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1

My friend SWIM's most recent speed binge lasted two weeks, during which SWIM averaged about 1.5 hours of sleep every other night. It took a solid week to regain normal, painless physical functioning and, a month later, SWIM still isn't sure she's mentally up to par. She could have prevented a lot of pain on her part by engaging in "responsible speeding" and definitely will in the future.

An acquaintance of SWIM's once lost her job due to irresponsible speeding (mixed with benzos & painkillers). She was acting a fool at work, ended up passing out in the parking lot, and an ambulance was called. An incident report was filed and a drug test was ordered, and that was the end of her job.
Old 21-03-2009, 07:31

37 y/o Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
SWIM braves the proposition the OP is now dead.

Take care of your body on drugs or else it won't take care of you. The alcohol was really unnecessary.
well... surprise, surprise, Remedy, the OP isn't dead, but very much alive, thanks very much!
although SWIM is fully aware of all the dangers associated with a binge like this and doesn't want to condone it in any way (there, that was SWIM's disclaimer...), SWIM does believe some people are more resilient physically and mentally to make it through the tail end of it without completely breaking down or losing your mind. that last day at work was horrendous, but there were never any hallucinations and SWIM managed to type up a few rather creative emails
plus, SWIM obviously didn't tell anyone about her state but even friend at work never asked or suspected anything weird was up. perhaps i deserve an oscar.

as a side note, SWIM is very aware of alcohol & cocaine producing some dangerous chemical (cocaethylyn or something) but is surprised by how many posters are shocked that SWIM did/does that. this has to be THE classic combination and i find it hard to believe no one does that. it's not like SWIM is shooting heroine in her eye balls...

but then again perhaps SWIM's upbringing in amsterdam has made her a bit more casual about taking risks....
Old 29-03-2009, 19:59
Silver Member

Male from United States
Rise against is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 343, Level: 2 Points: 343, Level: 2 Points: 343, Level: 2
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

When SWIM was first prescribed adderall xr (30mg, 3 times a day), SWIM went 144 hours (6 days) without sleep. So SWIM lowered the dose.
Old 30-09-2009, 16:16

Male from United States
boarddude989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by josiebella View Post
this is SWIM's first post ever, so please be gentle...
SWIM is breaking her personal record for staying awake RIGHT NOW - and is not happy about it at all. SWIM came home this monday from her advertising job (taken the usual 20mg adderall that day), and then started drinking wine & vodka/taking adderall (another 50 or 60mg) which then turned into the occasional (every hour or so) line of coke for that extra oomph.
it is now thursday morning and SWIM literally does not understand how she hasn't fallen over and died yet, but the only sleep she got, was when she stumbled to the couch at 5.30am yesterday, to be violently woken by her cell phone alarm at 7 am.

PLEASE share similar stories to help me thru the day!

Well that's strange, SWIM was once was awake for three days as well, However on the third morning SWIM had an eight hour shift. It was the fastest shift of any work SWIM has had to date. The first time SWIM looked at the clock SWIM had twenty minutes left before getting off work! However SWIM also didn't feel like horse feeding themselves and as a result suffered from malnutrition and SWIM had a very obvious and bizarre green tint to their hair. Strange.

boarddude989 added 4 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

SWIM forgot to mention that SWIM consumed about 8-12 30mg XR. SWIM stayed up those first two nights along with 2 friends who shared equal doses. SWIM DJ'd on SWIMYS virtual DJ going through 2 gigabites of music, TWICE!

Last edited by boarddude989; 30-09-2009 at 16:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-10-2009, 10:47

Male from Canada
Trogdor is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1

Swim is very glad you managed to stop your binge. Swim has also had times where it seems like it is a better idea to just stay awake rather than sleep. not good, this has led to some of swims longest binges ever. one lasting two week with a 4 hour sleep break that just happened to land itself perfectly in the middle of the whole thing. 7 days 6 nights no sleep. slept for about 4 hours starting at about 10pm. stayed awake for another 7 days and 6 nights. after 72 hours swim went into full on ZOMBIE mode only to escape it for an hour after waking from his nice nap. it took about 2 weeks of good long rested nights before swim was feeling normal again. strangely enough, swim has usually found this 1 to 1 ratio of binge time to recovery time to hold true almost exactly and about 99% of the time. a very important thing to note is that swim actually takes a break of no less than twice the length of his binge, just the length of time to return to normality seems to be equal to the length of the binge.

The big problem with these long binges is the complete and total loss of motivation at the end that can last days. swim has found trazadone to be a great help for the end of a binge. it'll get swiy to sleep and help with the loss of motivation if used every night for a few days following the binge.

lesson to be learned: always, always take a good long break in between binges.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adderall abuse, adderall and cocaine, adderall binge, adderall dosage, adderall xr, aderall, amphetamine, amphetamine binge, amphetamines, binge, cocaine, coke, coming down, dexedrine, drug, drugs-forum, meth, stimulant, things to do, vodka, wine