Notices

Old 26-02-2009, 21:57
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male
Mulletov is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Freezing Opana (oxymorphone) to weaken TimerX

Think freezing Opana ERs would weaken the silica that encapsulates the oxymorphone hcl?

I'm having trouble finding solubility factors for silica, any help on that would be greatly appreciated as well.
Old 27-02-2009, 03:13
Silver Member

Male
deltakappamuMD is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1
Re: Freezing Opana to weaken TimerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulletov View Post
Think freezing Opana ERs would weaken the silica that encapsulates the oxymorphone hcl?

I'm having trouble finding solubility factors for silica, any help on that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Interesting, it's possible but I highly doubt it. There isn't much out there on the TimerX system they use to get the timed release. Just be glad they didn't go with the timing system I have been researching for oxycontin. Everyone on this board will hate me. It involves mixing a type of irritant chili powder with the binder of oxycontin tabs so if someone goes to crush the tab for nasal/injection use the powder would burn like none other...thereby detering it's diversion
Old 28-02-2009, 00:21
Silver Member

Male from United States
hamsterdam is a decent psychonaut.hamsterdam is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 488, Level: 3 Points: 488, Level: 3 Points: 488, Level: 3
Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2%

You know, it's surprising pharma companies research things just to deter diversion. Shouldn't they want diversion? More diversion = more pills sold = more profits.

Preventing abuse is stupid.
Old 28-02-2009, 03:58

Male from New Zealand
Zendo needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltakappamuMD View Post
Interesting, it's possible but I highly doubt it. There isn't much out there on the TimerX system they use to get the timed release. Just be glad they didn't go with the timing system I have been researching for oxycontin. Everyone on this board will hate me. It involves mixing a type of irritant chili powder with the binder of oxycontin tabs so if someone goes to crush the tab for nasal/injection use the powder would burn like none other...thereby detering it's diversion
Chilli can cause bad reactions to people with stomach problems,
that idea wont work.
Old 28-02-2009, 05:20
Silver Member

Male
deltakappamuMD is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendo View Post
Chilli can cause bad reactions to people with stomach problems,
that idea wont work.

Exactly, but who said the pill would dissolve in the stomach? Perhaps this pills coating and subsurface lasts until the duodenum where bile acids are secreted and dissolved and bind the lipid container the drug is contained in And your reasoning behind diversion is correct.
Old 28-02-2009, 19:40
Gold Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
jon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medline
Points: 3,676, Level: 9 Points: 3,676, Level: 9 Points: 3,676, Level: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulletov View Post

Freezing Opana ER pills isn’t likely to have any effect on the TIMERx release system; the gel matrix that is formed, is a combination of locust bean gum and xanthan gum. As water is absorbed into the outer layers, the tablet slowly breaks down. This allows the locust bean gum molecules to associate with the xanthan gum to form a gel. This matrix encapsulates the drug which is then slowly released over time.
Both of these gums are sometimes added to frozen foodstuffs as a Preservative, so they will not be weakened by freezing, If anything freezing may even make the gel stronger.
Locust bean gum is soluble in hot water; Xanthan gum is soluble in cold water.
Q
Old 01-03-2009, 19:09
Silver Member

Male from Spain
RoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,391, Level: 8 Points: 3,391, Level: 8 Points: 3,391, Level: 8
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

well wouldn't chewing the pills defeat the TimerX??What if you crushed them into a powder and snorted them?
Old 03-03-2009, 20:23

26 y/o Male
Mulletov is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboCodeine7610 View Post
well wouldn't chewing the pills defeat the TimerX??What if you crushed them into a powder and snorted them?

No, from what I've read the oxymorphone is encapsulated in micro crystalline silica and is then diffused through a semiporous membrane, replacing the drug with stomach acid over the course of a 12 hour period.

I was hoping to find a way to physically perforate the timerx medium to allow for quicker diffusion, but I think that some water would have to be leached in to the beads for freezing to be effective.

Since timerx is a novel mechanism it is unlikely that a standard A/B extraction would work.

Snorting does increase the bioavailibility from ~10% to ~40%, but I'm guessing that this statistic is taken with pure drug that is able to touch the nasal membranes.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:28

29 y/o Male
Phentasies needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

^

Are you saying its time release is its encapsulation inside insoluble (or limited solubility) balls?

If so, then if you pounded the absolute shit out of the powder, surely you would rupture some (if not most/all) of these insoluble balls thereby releasing the active ingredient from its encapsulation.

But I dont mean JUST crushing the tablet, youd have to crush the tablet into a grainy powder, place that into a fold of cardboard-y-paper and fold it closed on the powder (so it doesnt go allover the place), then take something heavy with a flat surface and rub it as hard as you can over the paper until all the grains are brokendown, then pound directly down onto the powder as hard as you can for as long as you can to break those balls to absolute shit.

Surely some (if not most) of the encapsulation balls would be ruptured, and then the powder could be insufflated (assuming that wouldnt be horribly uncomfortable -- but even that doesnt stop most users).

Its easy enough to find out, try it, snort it, and see what happens.
Old 19-03-2009, 21:09

Female from United States
Sniffin Sunshine is captain of the psychonauts.Sniffin Sunshine is captain of the psychonauts.Sniffin Sunshine is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 355, Level: 3 Points: 355, Level: 3 Points: 355, Level: 3

oxymorphone er is indeed snortable, from swims many experiances, and it def. gets her high. she has never had a problem with crushing them up and snorting them, and the high is immediate. however, it seems prettymuch iv-proof since it gels up when water is added. she would love to find a way to outsmart this system and get it broken down into a liquid, but so far no luck
Old 20-03-2009, 14:18
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
LinusMundane is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltakappamuMD View Post

I don't even want to think aboot pooping after eating some of those. I don't bump pills so the chili pepper thing wouldn't apply to my nose, but yeah...pooping = bad with those.
Old 26-03-2009, 09:21

Male from United States
Bodom is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I wonder how well plugging ER would work?
Old 04-12-2009, 00:21

53 y/o Male from United States
desertimplant is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1

Works great. Get an empty Fleet bottle, put a small amount of pure warm (tap hot, not boiling) water in..just enough to cover 1 40mg ER Opana laying flat. go set it on a nice dark shelf for 12+ hours.

When swiy comes back..the pill will be 3 or 4x larger but still holding its shape. It often stays stuck to bottom which is even better...drain that wonderful juice into a second empty squirt tool of swiy's choice...plug away...only IV is better. Of all the posts seen this is the most effective way to bypass the gel\goop\timerX SWIM has tried. It may even work for IV'ing but can't say

desertimplant added 4 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

As SWIM hasn't been brave enuff to IV it after the 12+ hour extraction method...

SWIM is sure any of the ER's will respond (Opana) the same way as all have same TimerX technology....

Let us know how it went\goes )

Post Quality Evaluations:
informative, helpful post that adds insight as a possible way to get past the timerx system!

Last edited by desertimplant; 04-12-2009 at 00:21. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-12-2009, 18:02
Silver Member

Male from USA - Louisiana
FloatingInDreams is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

SWIM has found out the solution to freeing the oxymorphone from the silica part, you need a non polar organic solvent like benzene, toluene or tetrachloroethylene.
SWIMS friend also tried basic ethyl alcohol and it seperated it somewhat and created a white milky fluid which had the oxymorphone solids and the bottom of the mixture
SWIM think's this would be interesting to try out, but he lacks the proper amount to do any useful experiment.
Old 24-09-2011, 01:23

Male from Canada
scottd420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterdam View Post
You know, it's surprising pharma companies research things just to deter diversion. Shouldn't they want diversion? More diversion = more pills sold = more profits.

Preventing abuse is stupid.
Have you ever noticed that Dilaudid is also made like this, and made with cheap materials, probably the cheapest available. It also happens to be the best materials to be soluble in water. They couldn't have done it to make it the best possible formula for snorting and plugging/injecting, could they? haha

Share this on:

Tags
opana, plugging, snorting drugs

» New Threads
Uk Amphetamine sulfate
Last post by Acfryan
13 Replies, 1,289 Views
Loperamide getting the better of...
Last post by Roaddoggy
389 Replies, 15,079 Views
My rules for an amphetamine binge....
Last post by Acfryan