Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 22-02-2009, 13:06
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
yurivelt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Withdrawal symptoms after one use?

Is it possible? SWIM participated in a clinical research study in which he was orally administered an unknown drug.

SWIM had a bit of a headache after its effects faded away fully (he felt them for about 10 hours), but he was fine for most of the day. Last night, however, he woke up at 2 or 3 in the morning and was absolutely unable to fall back asleep, even after remaining in bed for two hours and taking a warm shower. Symptoms include possibly dilated pupils, headache, mild nausea/stomach discomfort, runny nose, goosebumps. And right now, SWIM is tired.

SWIM wants to know whether it is possible to develop withdrawal symptoms after a single, naive use of an opiate. If it were a fever, SWIM would be a bit more concerned.

EDIT -- Drug was not an opiate. SWIM is an idiot. Must have had a bad reaction to whatever was given.

Last edited by yurivelt; 20-08-2011 at 05:13. Reason: not opiate
Old 22-02-2009, 13:28
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United Kingdom
MarkyMayhem is a decent psychonaut.MarkyMayhem is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Withdrawal symptoms after one use?

SWIM doesn't think so, but obviously could be wrong...

Still, your symptoms sound more like a slight overdose than withdrawal...
SWIM experienced similar years and years ago the first time he drank the results of a codine CWE a friend had done...
Old 22-02-2009, 13:57
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.
Points: 1,717, Level: 6 Points: 1,717, Level: 6 Points: 1,717, Level: 6

First of all what drug was it that SWIY took and how much?
Old 22-02-2009, 14:13
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom

Not sure exactly what it was, nor what SWIM was given.

Last edited by yurivelt; 20-08-2011 at 05:12.
Old 22-02-2009, 14:31
Silver Member

26 y/o Male
Horiz is a decent psychonaut.

The pupil dilation throws me off, I was sure that that under the influence of an opiate, pupils are constricted and I've never heard of dilation during withdrawals at all, but I'm no expert.
Old 22-02-2009, 14:39
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horiz View Post
The pupil dilation throws me off, I was sure that that under the influence of an opiate, pupils are constricted and I've never heard of dilation during withdrawals at all, but I'm no expert.
SWIM is not the best judge, though; it seemed to SWIM at one point that this was the case, but SWIM wasn't really sure. SWIM doesn't know how big SWIM's pupils normally are.

Last edited by yurivelt; 20-08-2011 at 05:14.
Old 22-02-2009, 15:07
Palladium Member

Female from United States
pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.
Points: 1,472, Level: 5 Points: 1,472, Level: 5 Points: 1,472, Level: 5
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

It would be very surprising to SWIM to see someone having withdrawals from a single dose of IV opiates. If it were that, SWIM would suspect it wouldn't be long-lasting.

More suspect is the possibility that SWIY picked up a bacteria/virus while he was at the clinic/hospital.
Old 22-02-2009, 18:03
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
rhudson is a decent psychonaut.rhudson is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horiz View Post
Pupil dilation is _always_ present in even modest opiate withdrawal. It is one of the first thing any doctor will check for. Still I doubt this was w/d. Maybe placebo effect possibly in combination with some other kind of minor ailment.
Old 22-02-2009, 18:28
Banned

44 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Dickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12

This is a simple one: the answer is an unequivocal no.
Old 25-02-2009, 16:08
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from United States
UNIBLACK810 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1

SWIM had been a long time herion addict up until about 2 and a half years ago. SWIM pretty much knows all the ends and outs of opiate addiction. And honestly at one time SWIM did not think it was at all possible to become physically addicted to an opiate after only one use. However now SWIM has to totally disagree due to new experiences. Throughout SWIM's clean time SWIM has relapsed a few times. Mostly with oral opiates like oxy or vic's something of that sort although there have been a few times SWIM has relapsed with heroin also. What SWIM has found out is that SWIM has once or twice done heroin for 3 or 4 days in a row and than stopped with no withdrwal symptoms. However SWIM has done 1 oxy 80 with the same type of euphoria but the next day SWIM goes through withdrawl as if SWIM has a full blown habit again. It usually only lasts for one day but it's still withdrawl as SWIM is very familiar with the sickness. So SWIM has to say" yes" it is possible.
Old 25-02-2009, 22:06
Banned

44 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Dickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12

Uniblack : I'd think that the "withdrawal" you experienced was most likely psychological (whatever that means!) The original poster has never used opiates before, so the answer is still, I contend, unequivoally "no". Once our cats have had habits it is quite possibly a different story. Burroughs for one believed addiction could be quickly re-established. I tend to agree.

Share this on:

Tags
drug, heroin, heroin withdrawal, hydrocodone, opiate, opiate withdrawal, oxycodone, oxycodone withdrawal, withdrawal, withdrawals