Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 18-02-2009, 17:13
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
mullet0224 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 270, Level: 2 Points: 270, Level: 2 Points: 270, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
how long should one wait after doing heroin to take suboxone

SWIM has developed a small habit of smoking black tar

and he got a job and he starts tomorrow

he bought some suboxone off a friend that he wants to take to ease the withdrawals enough to get through work thursday and friday, since he has weekends off

but he heard that if you take suboxone too soon after doing H it will make you start withdrawing instead of easing the withdrawal
so how long should SWIM wait to take the suboxone so that it relieves the symptoms instead of causing them to get worse?

also, SWIM has some vicodin. if he takes just a few vicodin, it tends to help him sleep for a few hours during withdrawal. will that make the withdrawals last longer since its an opiate?
Old 18-02-2009, 17:31
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
rhudson is a decent psychonaut.rhudson is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: how long should swim wait after doing H to take suboxone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet0224 View Post
SWIM has developed a small habit of smoking black tar

and he got a job and he starts tomorrow

he bought some suboxone off a friend that he wants to take to ease the withdrawals enough to get through work thursday and friday, since he has weekends off

but he heard that if you take suboxone too soon after doing H it will make you start withdrawing instead of easing the withdrawal
so how long should SWIM wait to take the suboxone so that it relieves the symptoms instead of causing them to get worse?

also, SWIM has some vicodin. if he takes just a few vicodin, it tends to help him sleep for a few hours during withdrawal. will that make the withdrawals last longer since its an opiate?
24 hours is safe. If SWIY's habit is small, less may be ok too, but he does NOT want to take the suboxone when SWIY still has the Heroin his system. Precipitated w/d's SUCK.

Edit: And do not take the vicodin if SWIY takes the suboxone as it will be completely wasted. How much bupe are we talking btw? SWIY probably doesn't need much, bupe is potent and the dose response is nonlinear. Try 2 mg sublingual and wait 2 hours (yes, bupe can take that long to kick in; at the VERY least wait a full hour). If SWIY is still twisted, do 2 more mg. With suboxone, less is often more plus if SWIY wants to detox then using the minimal dose is best. DO NOT SHOOT THE PILL. Not because of the naloxone, the buprenorphine outcompetes that, but because it is a good way to get an arm amputated. Snorting is also dumb. Take it sublingual.

Last edited by rhudson; 18-02-2009 at 17:42. Reason: Adding advice.
Old 18-02-2009, 17:59
Silver Member

SWIM just wants to sleep at night
around 9 30 tonight itll be 24 hours after SWIMs last time using H
since he smoked before bed at around 9 30 last night

he's just trying to keep his suffering to a minimum for work tomorrow
should he take the suboxone tonight before bed, or tomorrow before work?

also, swim isnt sure what the dosage of suboxone is that he has. he actually hasnt picked them up yet, hes going to in like an hour or 2 and then he'll know
Old 18-02-2009, 18:06

Male

Quote:
SWIM just wants to sleep at night
around 9 30 tonight itll be 24 hours after SWIMs last time using H
since he smoked before bed at around 9 30 last night

he's just trying to keep his suffering to a minimum for work tomorrow
should he take the suboxone tonight before bed, or tomorrow before work?

also, swim isnt sure what the dosage of suboxone is that he has. he actually hasnt picked them up yet, hes going to in like an hour or 2 and then he'll know
If at 9:30 tonight it has been 24 hours since last usage, then it is safe to take the suboxone then. If SWIY can wait until before work, so much the better because SWIY's tolerance will have gone down and he will be closer to being clean and may feel better at work on the suboxone. But SWIM can take it at 9:30. The half-life of suboxone is about 36 hours (a bit less for some people) so whatever SWIY takes will prob hold him for 1-2 days depending on the dose. As for the dosage, SWIM strongly recommends that you begin with JUST 2 mg sublingually and then wait two hours. If withdrawal is still too painful to tolerate after 2 hours, administer another 2 mg. SWIM finds it very hard to believe SWIY will need more than 4 mg to be held, given he has a "small smoking habit" and seems to be able to abstain for more than 24 hrs.

Also maybe SWIY wants to consider detoxing now that he has some buprenorphine handy? It makes it much easier to taper.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Intelligent info and advice. Good job!!
Old 18-02-2009, 23:17
Banned

Male
Picass035 is a decent psychonaut.Picass035 is a decent psychonaut.

Nice job rhudson SWIM couldn't have covered the subject any better. It's always nice to see intelligent posts!
Old 20-02-2009, 04:02
Silver Member

Yeah thank you very much

Everyone on this forum is very helpful
Since I have a lot of questions about this kind of stuff, and most people I ask in real life make up bullshit answers
or just don't know. There isn't really a place to find answers
(except for here)
Old 20-02-2009, 04:13

Male

Quote:
Yeah thank you very much

Everyone on this forum is very helpful
Since I have a lot of questions about this kind of stuff, and most people I ask in real life make up bullshit answers
or just don't know. There isn't really a place to find answers
(except for here)
No problem, glad to help. If SWIY needs more treatment advice that doesn't get answered here, private message SWIM and he will give you his contact info. Good luck on the bupe and remember less is more.
Old 20-02-2009, 21:45
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.Rightnow289 really knows their shit.
Points: 4,315, Level: 9 Points: 4,315, Level: 9 Points: 4,315, Level: 9
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Why is snorting it dumb?? SWIM guesses it may be if addicted but snorted subbies when not addicted are amazing
Old 22-02-2009, 11:30
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
BrownStreakRailroad is captain of the psychonauts.BrownStreakRailroad is captain of the psychonauts.BrownStreakRailroad is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 330, Level: 2 Points: 330, Level: 2 Points: 330, Level: 2

yeah SWIM agrees with SWIjunk, subutex is the most commonly abused drug in UK prisons and when SWIM has been clean frrom heroin, snorting bupe is very effective!! but when addicted to H, leave for 24 hrs before taking subbies as the bupe saturates the opiate receptors in the brain and blocks the heroin and thats why it will induce w/d if taken earlier.
Old 22-02-2009, 13:35

50 y/o Female from United Kingdom
kassy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1

I take suboxone and use Heroin on top..... I find if I take a 8mg suboxone at 5am when i get up for work, then by 11 am (6 hrs after dose) I am then free to use. So I guess 6 hrs after the dose is ok, but takecare with it!!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:06
Drug Chemistry & Kratom

Male from Papua New Guinea
Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.
Points: 3,088, Level: 8 Points: 3,088, Level: 8 Points: 3,088, Level: 8

SWIM finds if one waits too long to take Suboxone, then withdraw symptoms can be too severe for the Suboxone to compensate for. SWIM finds the best time to take Suboxone is at the very first sign of mild withdraw. Do not wait for SWIY to get completely ill. SWIM finds if he takes Suboxone in this matter, it takes much less of the drug to keep him comfortable.
Old 04-03-2014, 19:12

Male from United States
meandI is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: how long should one wait after doing heroin to take suboxone

I am praying that this is the correct place to write this, that I violate no rules, kind of unsteady right now and hope that some one might offer a response.

I feel something is not right:

I have been on suboxone pill and film prescribed to me (one 8/2 per day) and for about 7 years or more. For about the last 6 months I've taken 1/2 of an 8/2. I've see no difference, felt no difference. But, 5 days ago, feeling invincible and not hooked on Suboxone, I bought tar heroine. I snort it. No points used. Smoking was worthless. And, It had little effect. I continued buying and doing 1-3 balls a day and barely felt it but, did NO suboxone, now its been 5 -6 days. Just doing the tar.

I did a small snort at 10-11 PM last night and I slept great and I woke feeling almost fine (usually I would wake up sick, years ago before suboxone use.. 6 more hours have now passed since I woke and it is now 13-16 hours since my last small snort and I am not in complete pain. Normally, years ago, I really would have been in complete withdrawals by this time. A bit listless, stomach w small cramps and yawning a great deal and watery eyes and nose but, no real sick withdrawals.

I need to get back on suboxone by tomorrow morning when I see a new dosing dr. but am fearing taking it right now as I am not so very sick (as per all I have read), and I don't know when to take it. On the COWS I am at 16, (maybe). I am trying to avoid precipitated withdrawals at all cost. I did not even know PWD existed when I got off the suboxone or I would have not have done it. I have lots more tar here, 3 days worth and I think that makes me feel somewhat better just knowing I have that stashed away. I really wish to get back on suboxone, though.

The dope I snorted for the these days and was not so strong according to others. Last nights held me better. I did not think all I have purchased was so strong, either but, was not so sure because of my long suboxone use. It has been 5 days since I have taken any suboxone.

Can someone discuss this with me please. I don't type so well and wish I could discuss this on a phone but, oh well, I am happy if some here will talk to me about this. I think I am in more panic and indecision that any withdrawals.

Please help?

Share this on:

Tags
withdrawals