Notices

Cocaine & Crack Cocaine & Crack Cocaine

Old 03-02-2009, 16:51

Male
Rosco2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Heart rate under crack versus meth

SWIM once asked me the following question. I didn't know how to answer him because I'm sweet and innocent and have never done any drugs.

SWIM asked, "Does your heart beat faster with crack cocaine or crystal meth? I've smoked crack 3 times now, but don't like how much it increases my heart rate. Crack frees up a lot of norepinephrine in addition to dopamine. The first time I used, I smoked 0.333 gram of crack. So 4 weeks later when I smoked again, I cut it down to 0.15 gram. The following day I smoked another 0.15 gram.

The other thing I don't like about crack is it increases your heart rate for *several* hours.

If I were to smoke the equivalent amount of crystal meth (say 0.15 gram), would it be easier on the heart than crack (in other words, not cause the heart to beat quite as fast, and for quite as long)?

I understand that the stimulating mental effects of meth last a lot longer than those of crack, but I'm wondering more about heart rate. I'm hoping less norepinephrine is freed up by meth than crack.

I'm 38, in good shape, and jog 3 times a week, but crack really messes up my heart, I think."

That's the end of SWIMs questions
Old 14-02-2009, 04:54
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male
General Grievous should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1
Re: Heart rate under crack versus meth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco2 View Post
SWIM once asked me the following question. I didn't know how to answer him because I'm sweet and innocent and have never done any drugs.

SWIM asked, "Does your heart beat faster with crack cocaine or crystal meth? I've smoked crack 3 times now, but don't like how much it increases my heart rate. Crack frees up a lot of norepinephrine in addition to dopamine. The first time I used, I smoked 0.333 gram of crack. So 4 weeks later when I smoked again, I cut it down to 0.15 gram. The following day I smoked another 0.15 gram.

The other thing I don't like about crack is it increases your heart rate for *several* hours.

If I were to smoke the equivalent amount of crystal meth (say 0.15 gram), would it be easier on the heart than crack (in other words, not cause the heart to beat quite as fast, and for quite as long)?

I understand that the stimulating mental effects of meth last a lot longer than those of crack, but I'm wondering more about heart rate. I'm hoping less norepinephrine is freed up by meth than crack.

I'm 38, in good shape, and jog 3 times a week, but crack really messes up my heart, I think."

That's the end of SWIMs questions
no1 felt like bothering to reply to swiy posts so being the good mood swim is ill input...hopefully ull thank me...

k first of all...the way crack cocaine works is by not "freeing up" more transmitters..what these drugs do is block the "reuptake" of the transmitters...instead of being allowed to go back and recharge..the drug pours out all the good feeling chems and doesnt let them back in for a while...thats why people crash at the end...

ok about heart rate...swim does coke cuz he likes the adranaline and rush that comes with it..and naturally the heart will beat faster! just like any other drug even weed duh...lol
Old 14-02-2009, 17:39

Male
Rosco2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Re: Heart rate under crack versus meth

SWIM is aware that cocaine prevents the re-uptake of dopamine, freeing up more dopamine in the cleft. That's why SWIM specifically used the term "frees up" and not "releases" dopamine )

Share this on:

Tags
cocaine, crack, crack cocaine, crystal, crystal meth, dopamine, drug, drugs, heart rate, heartbeat, meth, smoking meth