Register Tags

Notices

Old 28-01-2009, 20:44

Male
Codone is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Can you swallow Suboxone?

Is suboxone ONLY sublingual/nasal or can you just swallow it whole?
Old 28-01-2009, 22:06
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23
Re: Can you swallow Suboxone?

Well anyone can swallow it whole but I think you were referring to if the buprenorphine would still be active if swallowed and my best guess would be very little to none. That's why they recommend that someone take it sublingually instead of just swallowing the pill.
Old 29-01-2009, 01:51

Male

Okay, Im still looking for more input here and possibly some links.

Thanks guys.
Old 29-01-2009, 02:20
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute

Just a friendly reminder but I am sure this has been covered several times in the several years this forum has been around. Try using the forum search engine and maybe some of the answers you are looking for are already there as people have probably asked the same exact question as you have
Old 29-01-2009, 03:40

Male

I couldnt find anything. And the more posts on a forum, the better it is, the more active it is.
Old 29-01-2009, 03:50
Banned

28 y/o Male

Try reading through these threads:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...=oral+suboxone

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...administration

the answer might not be in the very first post but sometimes you have to search to find your information just like i took the time to find these threads for you
Old 29-01-2009, 04:11
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 751, Level: 4 Points: 751, Level: 4 Points: 751, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Swim's always heard against doing it from both users and health/legal officials. A lot of it will go to waste and will likely end up hugging the toilet.
Old 30-01-2009, 05:46

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinwill View Post
Try reading through these threads:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...administration

the answer might not be in the very first post but sometimes you have to search to find your information just like i took the time to find these threads for you
dude those threads were horrible. one didnt even have replies to it!!

if anyone has more information, thank you.

Codone added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politicalchalk View Post
Swim's always heard against doing it from both users and health/legal officials. A lot of it will go to waste and will likely end up hugging the toilet.
thank you for your input. im still looking for more personal info. thanks.

Last edited by Codone; 30-01-2009 at 05:46. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-01-2009, 06:13
Palladium Member

Male
infekt really adds to the discussion.infekt really adds to the discussion.infekt really adds to the discussion.infekt really adds to the discussion.infekt really adds to the discussion.infekt really adds to the discussion.
Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4

it would fuck up swiy's stomach, swim has a friend who once did this. And he didn't feel any effects whatsoever.

Post Quality Evaluations:
yes will make you very sick
Old 30-01-2009, 13:31
Banned

28 y/o Male

Quote:
Well anyone can swallow it whole but I think you were referring to if the buprenorphine would still be active if swallowed and my best guess would be very little to none. That's why they recommend that someone take it sublingually instead of just swallowing the pill.
And this is my answer still. May I ask why SWIY wants to take the Suboxone orally instead of sublingually?

Also, for the sake of it, I went and did some easy searching on Google for you and f ound this from Suboxone.com
Quote:
SUBOXONE takes a short time (about 5 to 10 minutes, but sometimes more) to dissolve completely. Don't chew or swallow the tablets, because less SUBOXONE will be absorbed into your bloodstream, it will not work as well, and your withdrawal symptoms could worsen
Also,
Quote:
Suboxone is taken sublingually. When the pill is dissolved under the tongue – the buprenorphine in the pill is absorbed into the body, but the Naloxone is not. Naloxone just doesn't work very well sublingually.
If you take Suboxone as directed, sublingually, the Naloxone does not work, and you only get the effects of the opiate buprenorphine.http://hubpages.com/hub/Buprenorphin...ch-Do-You-Need

Last edited by chillinwill; 30-01-2009 at 13:37.
Old 30-01-2009, 23:22

Male

Quote:
And this is my answer still. May I ask why SWIY wants to take the Suboxone orally instead of sublingually?

Also, for the sake of it, I went and did some easy searching on Google for you and f ound this from Suboxone . com
Also,
I dont like the taste of it. Also, if I am in a hurry, its difficult to let a pill sit in my mouth for 10-15 minutes. I'd rather wake up, eat my pill, and continue with my morning.

Thanks for the info guys.

Also, does anyone know the BIO-AVAILABILITY of suboxone ORALLY?

Thanks!
Old 30-01-2009, 23:35
Banned

28 y/o Male

From http://www.naabt.org/education/pharm...renorphine.cfm

Quote:
Buprenorphine has poor gastrointestinal (GI) bioavailability, and fair sublingual bioavailability. FDA-approved formulations of the drug for treatment of opioid addiction are in the form of sublingual tablets that are held under the tongue and absorbed through the sublingual mucosa. Studies of sublingually administered Buprenorphine have employed either an alcohol-based solution or a tablet formulation of the drug. Confusion may result when reviewing the literature on the effectiveness of Buprenorphine at various doses because most early trials and clinical studies of Buprenorphine were performed with a sublingually administered liquid preparation, whereas the oral formulations marketed in the United States are sublingual tablets. Studies have shown that the bioavailability of Buprenorphine in sublingual tablet form is significantly less than via sublingual liquid solution – about 50[IMG]file://localhost/private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems/msoclip1/01/clip_image003.png[/IMG]70 percent that of the liquid form, so the dosages of Buprenorphine sublingual tablets must be significantly higher than those used in the liquid form to achieve the same therapeutic effect.
And from another forum (can't link to it because of rules)
Quote:
I have searched the forums, and read the bioavailability mega thread, but i cant seem to find any solid percentages for intranasal buprenorphine. i have read on the forum that it is around 48%, with sublingual being 30% and oral 22%. can anyone confirm that intranasal bioavailability is higher than sublingual? i noticed a thread about rectal, but it didnt give any solid facts about that either.

im enjoying snorting it, but if it is higher sublingual or hell, rectally, i might consider giving that a shot.

my apologies if this information is staring me right in the face.
And from the same forum
Quote:
ive Always heard 33 percent sublingual, Ten percent oral, 50 percent nasal, and 100 percent IV
and im pretty sure thats correct, though I dont know cause I havent studied and comfirmed this myself though I have tried all the different methods of administration and I would say that the numbers i just listed are SPOT on.
but i have also found that subligual lasts aLot longer than other methods.
there s no reason why rectal shouldnt/wouldnt work ive heard of people doing it, and i dont know but ive heard the bio is around 50 percent
And just found this as well from http://www.thatspoppycock.com/opiates/buprenorphine.htm
Quote:
Buprenorphine Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics for Various Routes of Administration[1] [2] [3]
Method of Administration

Bioavailability
Peak Plasma
Half-life
Sublingual
13 - 51.4%
2 hours
37 hours
Intraarterial
100%
—
—
Intravenous
98%
1.5 minutes
< 37 hours
Intrahepatoportal
49%
—
—
9.7%
—
—
Buccal
27.8%
—
—
The table didn't show up right but just go to the link and you can see the table exactly as is

Post Quality Evaluations:
The thread starter was rude and you replied with kindness and information.
Old 31-01-2009, 17:59
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 751, Level: 4 Points: 751, Level: 4 Points: 751, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Thanks ChillinWind, you really went to town on looking that info up. My thanks on behalf of the thread-starter.
Old 01-02-2009, 20:27

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politicalchalk View Post
Thanks ChillinWind, you really went to town on looking that info up. My thanks on behalf of the thread-starter.
Just in case I didnt say thank you enough?

Thanks again.
Old 01-02-2009, 21:26
Banned

28 y/o Male

No Problem, glad I could help out
Old 09-03-2012, 21:39

26 y/o Female from United States
mizzdetroit is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Yes i guess you could swollow it but wouldnt recommend it, when swim was younger she never heard of subs and had come across some, swallowed an 8mg an was so fucking sick....dont do it
Old 14-03-2012, 05:03
Titanium Member

47 y/o Male from United States
brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 553, Level: 3 Points: 553, Level: 3 Points: 553, Level: 3

The stomach acid and liver destroy the bupe ... don't swallow it whole. Yes, it's inconvenient to hold your spit in your mouth, but it's the only way that works.

Well, actually, insufflated Subutex works phenomenally, that's pretty much the only way I've taken bupe other than a few times sublingually ... but I can't speak for Suboxone as I've not tried sniffing it. Never even taken a Suboxone tbh. I've heard it's not nearly as good, I'm guessing the naloxone can kick in via that route or something.

I'd be keen to hear of people's experiences in that regard though ... just to add to to my body of drugging knowledge
Old 14-03-2012, 05:27
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

38 y/o Male from United States
Sargent Leper is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Yea, as the others said, it's a sublingual medication. It's absorbed through the veins under your tounge. I've never tried swallowing a buep' myself, but I have however, rushed the process of desolving the pill under my tounge and it really didn't work at all. I know it tastes nasty and takes forever, but it's worth it.
Have you tried the new strips they have out now? I highly recomend them. They work faster and are far more effective.
Good Luck
Old 14-03-2012, 06:08

22 y/o Male from Canada
Liltony420 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

Wikipedia says most of it is lost to first pass metabolism if taken orally. Could be a metabolite that causes the sickness, just a guess.
Old 31-10-2013, 20:41

35 y/o Female from United States
freebird79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I swallow. I do let it sit under my tongue for a few seconds. 10-20 seconds. Then I swallow it cause the taste makes me so sick even ten years later. I too was told it won't work that way, but I can assure you it does work. In fact I once went 3 days with no subs because I didn't think I'd feel sick and I did feel sick on the third day and took my 4mg sub by swallowing after 10 secs and felt 100% better in 10 mins. Maybe I'm a freak of nature, but it does indeed still work. And I've never been sick to my stomach from it.

Share this on:

Tags
bioavailability, bupe, buprenorphine, buprenorphine administration, drugs, insufflation, suboxone, suboxone insufflation, subutex