Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 25-01-2009, 16:10
Banned

28 y/o Male
HorseBucket is captain of the psychonauts.HorseBucket is captain of the psychonauts.HorseBucket is captain of the psychonauts.
Ritalin - Oral ingestion vs. Insufflation

Is snorting Ritalin really more effective than taking it orally (letting it dissolve in your mouth not swallowing pills)? Swim finds that when he snorts the stuff at least half of it stays in his nasal cavity so he has to snort some water to wash it down and even after washing it down with water a few times he still sees Ritalin in his mucous when he blows his nose. What swims saying is some of the stuff gets lost.

Snorting it also has some adverse effects on swim such as giving him mild asthma. Unless he crushes it into fine dust which takes ages to do he finds that the stuff aggitates his lungs. Swim has also had a couple of nosebleeds from snorting and the odd time he gets a pain in his sinus.

Swim decided to start dissolving the pills in his mouth instead and it works just as good in his opinion.
Old 30-01-2009, 02:11

Female from United States
oneeno is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Oral ingestion vs. Insufflation

htye are 2 diff effects..
snorting gives you a sronger shorter blast..more speed..
letting it get into the blood from mouth or stomach gives a slower longer mellow rush..if wim is not snorthing it he prefers to just ingest it..he finds that is better then under the tongue..
Old 30-01-2009, 10:13

85 y/o Male
RitalinUser is an unknown quantity at this point

SWIM thinks snorting is much cooler
effect is intenser and stronger but shorter, SWIM never really got tweaked from ingesting ritalin, and SWIM thinks it tastes horrible
Old 30-01-2009, 10:22
Banned

28 y/o Male
HorseBucket is captain of the psychonauts.HorseBucket is captain of the psychonauts.HorseBucket is captain of the psychonauts.

Yea swim agrees snorting does give a much better rush. Its tempting to redose when the rush starts to fade though isn't it. Swim found out that the reason he was getting nose bleeds and a pain in his eyeball and nose was because he was getting lazy when crushing the pills. He uses a mortar and pestle but broke his mortar so he uses a screwdriver handle now but its get everything powderized with it.
Old 30-01-2009, 10:29

85 y/o Male
RitalinUser is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a very good technique for getting them very powdery

-first make a little envelope with a piece of paper, then put youre pills in it and close it (make sure there are severall layers of paper that protect the pills)
-then smash it severall times with a hammer while it rests on a hard flat surface)
-shake the bag a bit
-open the bag/envelope do the powder on youre snorting surface and cut it a little with a blade or something so its really really powdery

takes me less then a minute and its very small

CiBi added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

ofcourse the above message is fiction and tottaly made up

Last edited by RitalinUser; 30-01-2009 at 10:29. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-01-2009, 12:45
Banned

28 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiBi View Post
i have a very good technique for getting them very powdery

-first make a little envelope with a piece of paper, then put youre pills in it and close it (make sure there are severall layers of paper that protect the pills)
-then smash it severall times with a hammer while it rests on a hard flat surface)
-shake the bag a bit
-open the bag/envelope do the powder on youre snorting surface and cut it a little with a blade or something so its really really powdery

takes me less then a minute and its very small

CiBi added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

ofcourse the above message is fiction and tottaly made up
Sounds like a decent trick especially for someone without a mortar and pestle. Swim would put the pills in a plastic baggy first through because a fair bit of powder would get stuck to the paper.
Old 30-01-2009, 17:02

oneeno is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^^
swim was gonna say the same..a fair amount will get absorbed into the paper..
when swim is at work he finds some paper with a waxy surface so he can use a credit card adn scrape and scrape the surface to get all exra up...and thn of course lick it. :P

just get a good pill crusher..the ones they sell at drug store that have the end that look like bullets ar not that great..they sell one at petco thats round..5$..works perfect..powderizes it..

swim would think you would lose some witha morter as well..it would grind into teh stone unless your using a smooth morter..andif it was metal swim would be afraid of metal rubbing into the poweder..

the 5$ crusher at petco is the best so far..and if you get cought with it just say you cant swallow pills..just clean it out after each use..keep a bottle of advil with you :P
Old 27-12-2009, 09:50
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Syd. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Swim prefers to do both at the same time. Best of both worlds if you think about it. He says he gets the heavy rush from snortin' the stuff, and when you drop it at the same time the effects last much longer compared to just snortin'. But Swim also believes it depends on what Swiy prefers to do. They don't have to go snortin' it off mirrors if they don't wanna.

:3

EDIT/

Also, Swim uses a coffee crusher, the thing you use to press down to powder. He says it works wonders!
Old 28-12-2009, 03:28

Male from United States
shkwocka should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

I've read that snorting ritalin is bad for your lungs, and the last time I did it my lungs did hurt just a little during the following week. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
Old 28-12-2009, 08:45

28 y/o Male from Brazil
tripfromthetropics is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

Swim opinion on snorting ritalin is that it is a waste. The effect kicks in a little bit faster with the same intensity but it last only for about 10-15 mins and snorting gives you sore throat.
Old 30-12-2009, 20:42
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
bunker is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripfromthetropics View Post
Swim opinion on snorting ritalin is that it is a waste. The effect kicks in a little bit faster with the same intensity but it last only for about 10-15 mins and snorting gives you sore throat.
My lab-tested rabbit and many others disagree. Not to mention the relative bioavailability statistics which confirm what others have confirmed time and again with experience...intranasal methylphenidate is stronger, more intense, and more euphoric. SWIY is right in that the high is short lived, but not as short as SWIY is claiming...an hour is probably more accurate. And as for the sore throat, my rabbit finds that if it is sufficiently pulverized, he has no problem.

Whether it is a "waste" or not...well, everyone has their opinion...
Old 16-03-2012, 16:35
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

22 y/o Male from Australia
Jorda-kiin is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 170, Level: 2 Points: 170, Level: 2 Points: 170, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I usually use about about five 10mg ritalin tabs - I put them either between a sheet of paper or preferably in a plastic baggy and bash the shit out of them with a hammer :P then i'll get a piece of toilet paper and separate one layer and sweep 3 or 4 of the tablets onto the one layer and twist it up and swallow that then i'll snort the remaining one or two - usually i'll just snort the one and put the rest into the toilet paper because to be honest snorting them is not a pleasant experience no matter how fine you get them - it starts off with a mild burning feeling in the nose and then it makes its way to the back of the mouth and the throat.
Old 21-03-2012, 09:57

deximate should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

i can't back this up - my PDR is MIA atm - but I'm pretty sure (at least) brand ritalin tabs are cut with talc... which is not something you want to coat your sinuses and possibly lung tissue with. it doesn't dissolve, and could quite easily cause an embolus (jesus, don't shoot this shit, please) if it found it's way into your vasculature. IMO, the best way to take this stuff is to crush it up (doesn't have to be totally pulverized; just broken up), mix it in your favorite caffeineted drink, and ingest. if you feel you have to snort it, try mixing the powder with a small amount of saline and snorting the liquid. it will absorb faster, and the bioavailability will be higher as less powder ends up caked to the inside of your nose.
Old 17-04-2012, 17:47

30 y/o Male from United States
Juliana Theory is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

My friend has had a prescription for 20mg Ritalin (or generic) for about a year now. He started off taking them as orally, as directed for his ADHD, but started snorting them after a month or two when taking them orally didn't give him the euphoria he was used to. I've hung out with him enough to become very familiar with his habit.

First of all (I've seen him do this many times) is the way that he crushes the tablets. He puts one on a hard, stable surface (usually his counter), takes a Quarter (although any large coin should do the trick), and presses down with both of his thumbs until the tablets gives way and crumbles down. Then he takes the Quarter and twists it a little bit to help grind the tablet. He then checks for any large particles he may have missed and smashes and grinds them individually. When he's satisfied the tablets are ground to the right consistency, he gathers the powder with his driver's license and arranges it into a nice line, rolls up a fresh bank note and snorts. He usually does half with one nostril, and the other half into the other; especially when he does more than one tab at a time.

Another thing is that apparently the brand he gets is very important to him. He's bitched to me a couple times when he's gotten different tablets. His preferred tablets are white, have a capital "M" on one side and "20" on the other. He affectionately refers to them as "M-20's." What I gathered from his complaining is that the M-20's crush just right.

One brand he got was very soft and didn't so much "crush" as they did smoosh down into a very, very fine powder. A couple times I saw him cough after snorting these ones and getting this fine powder in his lungs. People who have had their lungs hurt probably had this brand.

Another one that he didn't like was a tan color and very hard. They didn't seem to crush very well using his Quarter method. I could tell he had to really bear down on these to get them to break up, and when they did give way, usually a few chunks would go flying all over his counter. It was kind of funny watching him scour the area for every last little crumb. They didn't grind up to the right consistency either. Even I could tell that they didn't grind up as finely as his precious M-20's. He said these were the only ones he ever got nosebleeds from. Probably from the large, coarse particles.

He also keeps a bottle of saline nasal spray to help keep his sinuses clear as well as get every last crumb of Ritalin into his system.

Finally, be careful when you start abusing this stuff. My friend went from taking two tabs orally as directed, to snorting two tabs daily. Then he moved on to three, four, five, or more. He never takes days off between sessions. He just goes until his bottle runs dry, and spends the rest of the month depressed and counting the days until he can fill his next prescription. I need to talk to him about getting help, because now he goes through all of his pills in four days; eating and sleeping very little.
Old 14-05-2012, 06:03

27 y/o Male from United States
Su7u is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1

My pretty kitty Ash tried taking them orally, under the tongue and up the nose. She prefers the nose, that crazy kitty :]

She said taking ritalin orally gave her some focus, but only if she hadn't eaten, and as she added more orally, it eventually gave her that "EAT SOME FOOD! - now you feel nauseated " feeling. She doesn't like it since she always wants to take it on an empty stomach and she hates planning that much.

Ash says, right now actually, that under the tongue (sucking to make sure she doesn't wind up with a mouth full of ritalin-saliva) doesn't taste too bad, and works, but it doesn't really feel... right?

Her favorite ROA is up her cute little nose :3 I have to physically restrain her from crushing up more than I allot her a day, she loves it so much!
Old 16-05-2012, 23:10

Male from Brazil
cogumelo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

As you can see most people prefer insufflating methylphenidate. We should do a poll here at DF ......... Anyway AFOAF already taken oral, sublingual and insufflated.What AFOAF can say is: ORAL (low bioavailability, long-lasting effects, especially if they are prolonged release tablets)
Sublingual (very bad taste, effect starts fast, I do not know about the bioavailability, should be mean)
INSUFFLATED (taste is very bad effects starts very fast, high bioavailability)
CONCLUSION: To discover the best method for you, it is necessary to analyze what kind of effect you want .......
One thing I can tell, AFOAF prefers oral, of the 3 methods was what made him more focused, sublingual made AFOAF excited but a little confused (not sure if this has to do with AFOAF psychiatric problems) And insufflated had a very euphoric effect but AOAF was very inattentive.
AFOAF would say That he prefers insufflated for recreation and to study prefers oral ....... But AOAF love smart drugs so i always take oral
Old 12-01-2014, 17:35

Male from United States
Mr. O should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseBucket View Post
Yea swim agrees snorting does give a much better rush. Its tempting to redose when the rush starts to fade though isn't it. Swim found out that the reason he was getting nose bleeds and a pain in his eyeball and nose was because he was getting lazy when crushing the pills. He uses a mortar and pestle but broke his mortar so he uses a screwdriver handle now but its get everything powderized with it.
I like to fold them into paper a roll a mug back and fourth until the crunching stops--works good and nothing tears.
Old 12-01-2014, 17:55
Silver Member

Male from Canada
usually0 is captain of the psychonauts.usually0 is captain of the psychonauts.usually0 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%
Re: Ritalin - Oral ingestion vs. Insufflation

My opinion is that difference between the highs of snorting sublingual dosing is insignificant. While I think anyone can argue the immediate onset of snorting occurs faster, I'm willing to argue that both way of dosing occur relatively fast anyways.

In my experiments between snorting and sublingual dosing, I honestly couldn't reliably say that one of them is better than the other is terms of feeling high.

For that reason, I consider the fact the crushing your pills and snorting them is tedious work, much harder to conceal, and worse for your health. While I can understand people just like snorting things, I don't think snorting ritalin is really worth it when you compare the effects to placing it under your tongue.

Also unless your purifying your pills and extracting the methylphenidate your inhaling lots of fillers and other junk that's not contributing to getting you high. Many have argued that these other ingredients contribute to the stuffiness of your nostrils and the reported nosebleeds of frequent snorters. The thing that turns me off is the thought of those fillers being stuck in my nose because your body can't absorb them.

Personally, if you did extract a pure methylphenidate, I would be more inclined to use it, otherwise I prefer a sublingual dose.
Old 12-01-2014, 20:27
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Whiteboy123 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1
Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5%

Deciding whether to administer Ritalin orally or nasally, can be a hard decision and really depends on the person, and what they are looking to get out of Ritalin.

Ritalin increases dopamine levels, but it's use for medical reasons, and not recreational, means that it's designed to slowly increase the dopamine in the brain. Therefor when it's taken orally, it is hard for users to experience euphoria, and achieve a high; however the effects of the drug last much longer. Taking Ritalin orally is much safer than snorting or injecting the drug.

Both the methods of taking the drug intravenously and nasally increase bioavailability and produce a much more rapid onset of effects than when taken orally(within 5–10 minutes through insufflation and within just 10–15 seconds through intravenous injection), allowing users to feel euphoria; however the overall duration of action tends to be decreased when not taking Ritalin orally.

The Monkey Man's experienced thoroughly with both the methods of snorting and orally taking Ritalin. He finds that orally taking the drug allows him to get some of the effects looked for by those who take it as a prescription medication. He feels a lift from stress and anxiety and some energy. He has never experienced a high from taking this drug orally.

When he snorting this drug, he gets a high. He says it's weak in comparison to other stimulants, however he is still fond of it, and prefers it to oral. He also has asthma, and has also found that it too causes him some minor respiratory problems. Ritalin is stuffed with binders and filler, which will not be absorbed by your sinus tissue, and will clog up your nose, and if you don't crush the pills finely enough, you may get a piece which cuts your nose. For anyone who uses Ritalin nasally, it is important to learn about and practice sinus safety.

The Monkey Man has never tried dissolving Ritalin, however he doesn't think it would be quite as good as snorting. For optimal output, I'd suggest to you, that you crush the pills and then mix it into water and drink that.

Cheers
Old 13-01-2014, 23:07
Silver Member

Male from Canada
usually0 is captain of the psychonauts.usually0 is captain of the psychonauts.usually0 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%

Hey white boy, I think he meant dissolving it under your tongue, which is different from oral use. It doesn't involve swallowing the drug, although that's what i usually do with the left over liquid. Dissolving under the tongue works much faster and the onset occurs like 10 minutes after placing it under your tongue, however it's not all at once like snorting, more is being absorbed after the onset, like up 15 minutes usually i find. Try it out to compare.
Old 20-01-2014, 06:49

Male from United States
Mr. O should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. O View Post
I like to fold them into paper a roll a mug back and fourth until the crunching stops--works good and nothing tears.
I was referring to crushing capsules not tablets, BTW.

Share this on:

Tags
snorting drugs

» New Threads
Need help with...
Last post by Sweeny
2 Replies, 46 Views
Over dose or over did it?...
Last post by gmeziscool2354
4 Replies, 70 Views
Stopped for 6 days now
Last post by Dawn Godess