Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 17-01-2009, 11:55
Silver Member

Male from United States
BigB-Baby is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How Does Kratom Affect Your Sleep?

SWIM finds that it helps him fall asleep easily, he has anxiety and usually takes about an hour to fall asleep, but SWIM wakes up sore in the morning, or at least this morning. However SWIM does remember being very physically active in sleep and waking up with heart beating very fast, and very strongly several times. SWIM does not know if he moves in his sleep, but Kratom does seem to have an effect on the vividness of his dreams.... What are others' experiences?\

Last edited by BigB-Baby; 17-01-2009 at 11:57. Reason: wrong use of effect
Old 27-01-2009, 21:45
Silver Member

Male from United States
dr. swim is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1
Re: How Does Kratom Affect Your Sleep?

It's strange but the doc has used this as a pick-me-up, and as a sleep aid...it's like when he's on it feels like he could just as easily go to sleep as he could stay wide awake.
Old 27-01-2009, 23:20
Gold Member

48 y/o Male from United Kingdom
AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 459, Level: 3 Points: 459, Level: 3 Points: 459, Level: 3

SWIM finds if the Kratom is strong, just like opiates SWIM stays awake, however at the right dose SWIM gets a nice sleep.
SWIM doesnt use Thai strains as they could certainly make it difficult to sleep but Bali/Indo strains are nicely sedating for SWIM.
Old 28-01-2009, 20:03
Silver Member

Male from Netherlands
Panacee is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOvArts View Post
SWIM finds if the Kratom is strong, just like opiates SWIM stays awake, however at the right dose SWIM gets a nice sleep.
SWIM doesnt use Thai strains as they could certainly make it difficult to sleep but Bali/Indo strains are nicely sedating for SWIM.
SWIM agrees.
SWIM falls asleep very quick with the right dose. Sleep seems to be very deep and very long. SWIM had insomnia, which he couldn't live with anymore. Kratom solved this problem for SWIM. Even two days after kratom sleep is inproved for him.
SWIM noticed slight increased heartbeat too sometimes.
Dreaming seems to be intensified, but SWIM finds the most interesting effect on dreaming before he goes to sleep.
Old 28-01-2009, 21:45

Male from United States
dlink01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

SWIM had a few capsules last night and found sleep pretty easily 5-6 hours after taking it
Old 29-01-2009, 08:48
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United States
DXMBunny is captain of the psychonauts.DXMBunny is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 599, Level: 3 Points: 599, Level: 3 Points: 599, Level: 3

kratom wakes swim up.. and makes swim sleep hard and not wake up easy... not good for sleep
Old 11-06-2009, 08:06
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
indeed is an unknown quantity at this point

Kratom makes SWIM sleep very well when he has taken large doses however SWIM recently pushed his limit 10g+ Bali/Indo felt some nausea but it went away, next morning though SWIM had a bad headache but felt like his sleep was great. SWIM recomends SWIY to take the most they can before nausea for a good sleep. It worked really well for SWIM
Old 11-06-2009, 20:02
Cannabis Enthusiast

40 y/o Male from USA - New York
Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.

Swim just started trying a 'super powder' kratom a few days ago. Swim hasn't had any issues sleeping on kratom but hasn't been taking more than maybe 4 grams in an evening. Swim has noticed he sleeps very restfully and starts dreaming before falling asleep. Swim doesn't notice feeling worn out any moreso in the morning than before, actually has been feeling better since alcohol consumption has been reduced. Swim also likes it with a bit of kava and blue lotus.

Swim is glad to be sleeping well because swim had been consuming a fair amount of alcohol every evening for the past few years and had trouble sleeping if not having a few drinks.
Old 11-06-2009, 22:50

29 y/o Male from Earth
illumine is an unknown quantity at this point

Kratom helps swim sleep, it also helps him be active. He can basically decide....

For sleep, it definitely makes swim's dreams more vivid. I think it may cause his mind to be a little overactive in sleep, which doesn't amount to very good rest, but it is comfortable. The only thing I have noticed about sleeping with kratom that is worth mentioning is that it makes it very, very hard to get up in the morning. Swim could sleep in for a long time if he took kratom before bed. It takes a lot more effort to wake up. Really, when he gets up, a dose of kratom will then widen his eyes and get him ready to go to work . Its very versatile. Opiates have always been this way for swim too, but he is no longer using opiates, benzos, or alcohol.

Last edited by Bajeda; 12-06-2009 at 12:49.
Old 12-06-2009, 22:40
Silver Member

Male from Poland
magister is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Yes Kratom does help with sleep, unless the dosage is large, in which case one might have meditative rest, possibly with short small episodes of sleep, but keep getting interrupted by the effects of the Kratom.

Sleep can go on for much longer than usual, with 10-12 hours of sleep being possible.

Dreams can be particularily weird and immersive...sometimes they can be so weird that it can be like a nightmare.

Waking up can be like coming out of a coma....it takes time to clear the cobwebs. Even making a strong cup of coffee might not be enough. I know some who needed to wake up and made a cup and drank it only to fall asleep even after the caffeine.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:00

24 y/o Male from United States
enianen should review received reputation comments.
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I know a guy tried kratom.
He said he fell asleep for two hours. if taken in small amounts, kratom is supposed to be more stimulant-like, and higher amounts are more relaxing

enianen added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlink01 View Post
SWIM had a few capsules last night and found sleep pretty easily 5-6 hours after taking it
Where would swim get kratom capsules?
or did swim just make the capsules himself?

Last edited by enianen; 09-07-2009 at 10:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-07-2009, 10:27

Male from USA - Illinois
RX420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

in swiyours opionion what is the best kratom for a good opioid noddy buzz??? swim knows they all can differ, but is their a strain that is more known to be more sedating and buzzy????
Old 09-07-2009, 11:07
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.Synchronium must live here.
Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5

Kratom doesn't put SWIM to sleep, but when he goes to bed, it's the best night's sleep he's had all week.
Old 10-07-2009, 00:25

Female from United States
Voodoostarr is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Kratom helps swim sleep through the entire night and not wake up tossing and turning. Swim thinks it a more restful sleep.
Old 02-05-2014, 18:36
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Earth
mememememe is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 214, Level: 2 Points: 214, Level: 2 Points: 214, Level: 2
Activity: 17.8% Activity: 17.8% Activity: 17.8%

I no this is an old thread but with kratom i was signing in my sleep and having weird dreams , i just thought id ask ,when i take my opiates (dhc) i make sure i have enough in my system so i don't wake up threw the night needing more .

I don't no if others get this problem (waking up when the pills wear of) but what im asking is if you take kratom before bed does it hold you until the morning last time i tried it i had dhc in my system so wouldn't no but that's when i feel at my worst is when waking up needing more
Old 02-05-2014, 18:40
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,859, Level: 21 Points: 21,859, Level: 21 Points: 21,859, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

What do you mean by 'does it hold you'?
Do you mean does it keep you asleep or do you mean will it keep withdrawals at bay all night?
I can't sleep on kratom at all. I used to when i started using it but now i need sleeping pills or alcohol if i want to get to sleep.
Old 02-05-2014, 18:51
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Earth
mememememe is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 214, Level: 2 Points: 214, Level: 2 Points: 214, Level: 2
Activity: 17.8% Activity: 17.8% Activity: 17.8%

Yea i mean hold the withdrawals away , that's interesting that it keeps you awake so the reverse affect i suppose , when i first started using opiates id be up most of the night but now im in a routine instead they make me sleepy .

I do find that if i take a couple of valium before bed then for some reason the withdrawal kicks in faster this maybe is just a mith ,i am considering doing the kratom route i no i keep posting im not sure etc , but that was my main concern if it would keep me at bay threw the night.

I think its a case of everyone's gonna react to it different ,when i do give it a real go i think il just make up batches of however i decide to take it , its when i wake up and im shaking etc doing the toss and wash would be a nightmare but if i had a drink beside me already mixed id be able to just gulp it down
Old 02-05-2014, 19:12
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,859, Level: 21 Points: 21,859, Level: 21 Points: 21,859, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Yes if you really need to you could always make up some kratom tea and keep it in a Thermos flask beside your bed. Tea kicks in fast, you could feel it within ten minutes.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Cheers for the helpful reply
Old 04-05-2014, 08:17
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

An interesting effect kratom has had on me is that regardless of the strain kratom tended to make it hard to go to sleep. I would crash when it wore off.

After several years of addiction kratom is necessary to get sleep; totally opposite of what it did in the early days.
Old 04-05-2014, 17:34

26 y/o Male from Peru
enhu should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

It doesn't have same effect to every individual. Swim tend to stimulate him but this is because he drink it with coffee. Maybe if you drink it with milkshake will do something else.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306

Share this on:

Tags
bali, bali kratom, dream enhancement, drugs-forum, eating kratom, insomnia, kratom, kratom powder, kratom tea, sleep problems, tea, thai kratom