Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug combinations
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug combinations About mixing drugs.

Old 16-01-2009, 20:14

Female
Opiategoddess is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Soma and Methadone?

Is taking a little Soma with Methadone as dangerous as taking a Benzo with Methadone? I know Soma isn't a benzo, but is soma a CNS depressant?

I'm not planning on taking a huge amount of soma with methadone, only prescribed amounts of soma but if it's dangerous i won't take any at all.

Thanks for any info

OG
Old 16-01-2009, 20:21
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12
Re: Soma and Methadone?

Quote:
methadone and carisoprodol (Moderate Drug-Drug)MONITOR: Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT: During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depreesion Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.
http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactio...ne_d00050.html
Old 16-01-2009, 20:29

Female
Opiategoddess is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

TY. I guess the best and safest thing to do is not take soma with methadone period. I'll pick up my script for Soma and just hang on to it till the methadone is out of my system. I could probably take one and be ok, but I'm to chicken shit. I've heard so many horror stories about methadone and stuff like soma or benzo's and other combinations w/ done'

TY for the info. I guess i could have looked that up myself but i only did a Drug-forums search, not a web search.

If anyone has used this combo, what affects did you have? What did you feel was a safe amount? Or would you stay completely away from this combo?

OG
Old 16-01-2009, 21:11
R.I.P.

Male
honourableone really knows their shit.honourableone really knows their shit.honourableone really knows their shit.honourableone really knows their shit.honourableone really knows their shit.honourableone really knows their shit.honourableone really knows their shit.honourableone really knows their shit.honourableone really knows their shit.honourableone really knows their shit.
Points: 2,282, Level: 7 Points: 2,282, Level: 7 Points: 2,282, Level: 7

I seriously would stay completely away from this combo. The website appears to be talking about medical doses of both drugs, which would only be prescribed in very rare situations, where it was the only option left, probably with unusually low doses of each.

On the other hand, with the right dosages mixing some opiates with benzos (I also know that carisoprodol is not a benzo) can be safe. But without some very good evidence as to why the contrary would be safe, taking it with methadone seems WAY too risky.

Share this on:

Tags
benzo, carisoprodol, carisoprodol combinations, combinations, drug, methadone, methadone comb, methadone combination, methadone combinations, methadone effects, soma, soma combinations