Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 14-01-2009, 00:56

Male
decay66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
crushed from Methylphenidate 20mg Tab SR

Hey all its my first post on your sweet forums.

I've browsed around a bit and I bet there is probably a better place for this post, or it most likely has been a previous topic, but I feel it would take hours to find the answers. sorry if I should not have made a thread regarding this.

My friend was telling me of a stupid thing someone told him about, regarding their experience snorting methylphenidate SR tablets.

He told me this guy was peeling off the outer skin, which left him this amber colored pill. Then he would crush that up and snort it. As I was listening to this funny story I began wondering if the guy was actually snorting methylphenidate SR only, or if he was inhaling a bunch of other stuff too, even though he had peeled off that white outer skin. ( he said the skin was almost like paper, and it had black writing on it "SZ 780" or something like that)
I guess my question is, did the guy snort a bunch of other crap even without the out skin, or was that all he had to do.

If there was a bunch of other stuff inside that pill, I bet he's still wondering what else he could do to have a more pure inhaling experience. I doubt he likes injecting things, and he seems like a fellow that doesn't want to just crush it up and swallow it in some tissue. Hes probably the kind of guy that is just simply set on snorting only

What else could he do about the pills impurities. Or is it fine with what he is doing? Does all that other stuff in the pill really matter. Is it that harmful. I would imagine if he snorted the whole pill, he is still getting all the Methlyph, so does it really matter?

Thanks for entertaining my inquiry.
Old 14-01-2009, 01:09
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
doggy_hat is captain of the psychonauts.doggy_hat is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2
Re: crushed from Methylphenidate 20mg Tab SR

Yes, there are always things in a pill besides the actually drugs itself. If a 20mg pill was made out of pure drug it'd be incredibly tiny.

If SWIY wants to find out what else is in the pill, do a bit of research. Try entering the name of the pill in the search engine. Some websites will list the ingredients. When SWIY finds the list of ingredients, find out what each substance is soluble in. For example, if SWIY finds out that his pills contain talc, enter "talc solubility" into a search engine. Write down all the ingredients and what they are soluble in. SWIM can then decide how to purify the pill based on their solubilities. For example, if the pill contains ingredients that SWIY don't want that are insoluble in water, then dissolve the pill in water. Then filter through a coffee filter, and evaporate the water to leave behind only the ingredients that were water soluble.
Old 14-01-2009, 07:22

Male

I bet this guy would end up using too much water. He would probably wonder how long it would take to evaporate, or if there are tricks he could do to speed up the evaporation process, like ovens or microwaves. I bet he would try using rubbing alcohol, instead of water, when trying to rid the pills of unwanted materials..
So he would probably not try this method because he would be affraid to waste a bunch of good pills, by messing up this process and soaking away all the good stuff with the bad stuff..
I am sure he is a moron!!
Old 14-01-2009, 20:04

Male
doggy_hat is captain of the psychonauts.doggy_hat is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decay66 View Post
I bet this guy would end up using too much water. He would probably wonder how long it would take to evaporate, or if there are tricks he could do to speed up the evaporation process, like ovens or microwaves. I bet he would try using rubbing alcohol, instead of water, when trying to rid the pills of unwanted materials..
So he would probably not try this method because he would be affraid to waste a bunch of good pills, by messing up this process and soaking away all the good stuff with the bad stuff..
I am sure he is a moron!!
It's an extremely easy process, If SWIY can operate a coffee machine he can do an extraction process.

SWIy can't use too much water, although using more than neccasary will mean waiting longer for it to evaporate. Microwave sounds like a bad idea, it'd probably destroy the product, SWIM's never tried using an oven, but increasing heat will speed up the process tremendously, SWIM used a portable space heater. Also, increasing surface area speeds up evaporation. A pool of water with 100 square inches of surface area would evaporate 20 times faster than one with only 5 square inches of surface area.

Sample procedure:
1.) Crush pill into a fine powder, and dump powder into a shot glass.
2.) While stirring, slowly add water until nothing dissolves anymore.
3.) Stir some more to make sure anything that's water soluble has dissolved. Not everything will dissolve because not all of it water soluble.
4.) Rubber band a coffee filter over the stem of a funnel, and then pour the water through the funnel.
5.) When All water has passed through the filter, pour a little bit more water through the filter to assure that all water solubles are washed out of the filter. There should be non water soluble materials left behind on the filter paper.
6.) pour water into a dish to increase surface area, and leave out to evaporate over night.
7.) if there is still water in the morning, use a heat source to increase evaporation.
8.) Scrape up the film that was left behind on the dish. These scrapings contain only water solubles.

Also, if SWIY tries this with rubbing alcohol, make sure it's pure and doesn't contain water. If SWIY uses rubbing alcohol that is diluted with water, then materials that aren't soluble in alcohol but are in water will still make it through the filter, and the procedure would more or less be pointless.

It does take along time to evaporate, so it's not something to do when SWIY is in a rush to get high. And SWIY can always do one or two extractions with only a pill or two. Then if SWIY decides that it's effective and worthwhile, he could try it with larger quantities.
Old 15-01-2009, 06:22

Male

I bet swim could handle this easily. The break down definitely clarifies this application.

you rock!!
Old 29-01-2009, 01:45

Male

No Problem. Has SWIY done tried doing an extraction proccess yet? How'd it go?
Old 20-02-2011, 08:38
Silver Member

37 y/o Female from United States
takeyourmeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by decay66 View Post
Hey all its my first post on your sweet forums.

My friend was telling me of a stupid thing someone told him about, regarding their experience snorting methylphenidate SR tablets.

He told me this guy was peeling off the outer skin, which left him this amber colored pill. Then he would crush that up and snort it.
btw... that stuff he peels off, the white coating is supposedly 5mg quick reacting and the 'pill" would only be remaining 15. best to suck off coating(easier also) then dry pill well b4 chopping, so Court told me...
Old 01-03-2011, 19:57
Cocaine / MDMA / Wiki
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from Earth
Wanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,583, Level: 11 Points: 6,583, Level: 11 Points: 6,583, Level: 11
Activity: 7.7% Activity: 7.7% Activity: 7.7%

Water is not the most ideal solvent to use for recrystalization. A much more detailed purification method using ethanol is here:

Methylphenidate Purification TEK (Ritalin/Methylin Pills)

If any hamsters or chinchillas out there have a list of the inactive ingredients in an SR tablet, Mr. Hamster would like to know so he might be able to update the TEK or verify that it will work with SR tablets effectively.

Mr. Hamster would also caution would-be purists from using alcohols other than ethanol which may be found in many places as 95-96% ethanol. The other alcohols are not meant to be ingested and are harmful of taken internally. If a gerbil uses some other alcohol he should make sure he grinds the crystals which have been formed into the finest powder possible to reduce the possibility of any of the alcohol being left in the crystal matrix. For best results, allow the powder to "air out" for 24-48 hours.

Be well...

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, concerta, drug, drugs-forum, ethylphenidate, inject ritalin, injecting, injecting methylphenidate, isopropyl alcohol, methylin, methylphenidate, methylphenidate tablets, ritalin, ritalin er, snorting, snorting drugs, snorting methylphenidate, snorting ritalin, speed, sr 20mg