Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Cannabis addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis addiction Support for coping with Cannabinoid & Cannabis dependence.

Old 07-01-2009, 23:36
Silver Member

Male
Dewmeister is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
I have quit cannabis, but have lost my appetite.

Hi there

As much as SWIM love the cannabis, his government don't and thus as long as he's smoking it, he can't get a job (because they all drug test) For this reason he has decided to take a break for about a month and get a job.

I'm feeling very nauseous and even though I know I'm hungry and need to eat, I can't eat but a few bites of anything. While SWIM know that smoking would definitely allow me to eat whatever SWIM wants, he can't have it because of this fucked up system. Is there anything I can do to get my appetite to return? I'm hungry but my body won't let me hold anything down

I'm sure that I will be getting other symptoms soon as well (already have a slight headache), what do you guys recommend to prevent/aid some of these symptoms?

Drug tests are so against our rights

Dewmeister added 96 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Hm maybe I would be getting more responses if I'd had put this in the cannabis forum first :/

Seriously I ate a quarter of a hot pocket over a 45 minute period, then almost puked...wound up just taking a vitamin. There's gotta be somethin I can do to get my appetite back, I need to eat.

Last edited by Dewmeister; 07-01-2009 at 23:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-01-2009, 05:33
beentheredonethatagain beentheredonethatagain is nu online
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,410, Level: 12 Points: 7,410, Level: 12 Points: 7,410, Level: 12
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%
Re: Quit pot, can't eat

I would suggest light soups, and drink liquids, water and juices , beer also would be something I would try.

good luck and let us know how it goes. beentheredonethat
Old 08-01-2009, 05:46
Silver Member

Male from United States
Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 329, Level: 2 Points: 329, Level: 2 Points: 329, Level: 2

See a doctor and getting a script for other appetite stimulants. I recommend inquiring about MARINOL so Swiy can smoke weed and pass a whizzer with a script to validate the THC.

Try meditative imagery. Write a list of your favorite foods when you think of them. Visualize them in their most appetizing form. Feel yourself drooling over them. Make your mind MIMIC the desire you experience when you typically are hungry. You'll know when you succeed because the process itself won't make you wretchedly sick.

Lastly, and most importantly, find or become a good cook. That's the catalyst right there. I'm not the best but I'm a damn good cook and have been 2nd party to your situation trying to help someone with wasting disorder and appetite difficulties.

If it's someone else you better hope they love you as much as I loved that woman because cooking for someone and then them not eating hurts.

Post Quality Evaluations:
I like the imagination suggestion
Old 08-01-2009, 07:29
Silver Member

Male

A marinol prescription...wow that's a good idea never woulda thought of that one!

Beer was actually suggested to me more than once today...never thought of it as being good for that use but I guess it makes sense.

And actually yeah I consider myself a pretty good cook! That is def. going to help.

I did start feeling better later on in the day and was able to bring myself to eat lightly. Shall continue the excursion tomorrow (or perhaps look more into marinol hehe.) I plan on doing some exercising in the next couple days too (running and the like) so that should help all around.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:44
Silver Member

Male from United States
Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.

If you are really interested in marinol I reccomend jumping over to the Opiate & Painkiller forums and dig up some thread on how to convince a doctor to perscribe you what you need. Basically, be honest, etc. but it gives insight into where the doctor is coming from and what approaches work best showing the doctor the respect his ego craves.

Doctors are not all male egotists.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:06
Silver Member

Male

Did some digging around on that and it appears that the drawback to that idea is that marinol is pretty expensive stuff. All well lol, suppose it would be pretty ironic asking a doctor to prescribe synthetic THC for nausea caused by the lack of cannaboids

I'll prolly just fight through it, unless it gets really bad
Old 08-01-2009, 08:22
Palladium Member

Male from United States
CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.
Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmeister View Post
Did some digging around on that and it appears that the drawback to that idea is that marinol is pretty expensive stuff. All well lol, suppose it would be pretty ironic asking a doctor to prescribe synthetic THC for nausea caused by the lack of cannaboids

I'll prolly just fight through it, unless it gets really bad
With a prescription to marinol, pissing dirty for pot would fly right out the window, as they are both THC, so one would only need proof of the script, not to buy a lot of pills.. This would allow one to piss dirty for cannabis, legally..

As for the appetite stimulation, try eating small amounts more regularly, as well as things like soups as suggested above.. If someone begins to force themselves to eat, starting small, it will allow them to start to take in larger amounts of food, and eating normally without weed, will become much easier.. If one doesn't wait until their stomach is empty it's much easier to eat more, but when no appetite causes one to not eat for an extended period, the stomach will shrink and make it harder to eat normal amounts of solid food.. To avoid this, eat at regular set times througout the day, even when no appetite is present, as this pattern will accustom ones body to regular food intake, and after a few days to a week, the body should adjust to lack of cannabinoids.. SWIM noticed his eating patterns and sleeping patterns actually improved with abstinence..

Excellent suggestions about a diet regime.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:07
Silver Member

Male from United States

Yeah, getting a script for like 10/mo. would make your whizzer legit and shouldn't cost too much if you look into perscription assistance programs and medicare/medicaid if you can get it.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:26
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

32 y/o Male
Creation339 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Maybe smoking spice instead would be an alternative. Just a thought.
Old 09-01-2009, 00:24
Silver Member

Male

As much as I would love a marinol prescription I just don't think it's going to happen. It seems pretty hard to get a prescription for it unless you have HIV/AIDS etc or unless you're already on other medications and they've tried other things say for nausea and the like...also, I'm guessing that they would ask me if I have any history of drug use.

Does anybody have any experience with obtaining marinol or other similar prescriptions? What would I have to do to convince a doctor to give me marinol? I don't go to the doc all that much, I'm overall in pretty good health - so I don't really know thing one about doing such things.

Also, having a fairly fast metabolism I'm expecting that the metabolites will be out of my system in 15 to 25 days. Does this sound reasonable?
Old 09-01-2009, 05:01
Silver Member

Male from United States

There is a lot of information available on drug testing. In fact there is a whole subforum about it. You're question should be answered (And asked) there as well as can be.

I found that thread I was looking for with help from radiometer and kerag thanks guys!

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17040

That's a lot to dig through but most of it applies to opiates so just pay attention to where they're talking about who to talk to doctors. Addiction doesn't matter, honesty does, how you approach the subject is critical. You gotta know the doctor but essentially addiction can be explained as self-medication for your appetite disorder. Which is the reason it is prescribed for Aids/HIV patients because they have appetite problems from the drugs they take (And AIDS/HIV itself). Furthermore, I knew a chick with HIV who got marinol and her doctor knew she smoked weed and told her not to bother quitting because it would probably help her (off the record anyway LOL). If you find a reasonable, human and intelligent doctor getting a marinol script should be too much of a hassle. Just be honest about your usage of marijuana and emphasis the reason you use it (appetite) and that you just want to be able to eat, that's it's not about smoking weed and that you're not all that fond of the high anyway (Vary this depending on your read from the doctor). Approach the marijuana in increments saying roughly what I've just said and then asking the doctor what he think about it. If the starts talking about addiction and how bad marijuana is for you. DON'T OBJECT (Despite how much I would want to rack him with a glass bong). Agree emphatically and tell him that's why you're there seeing him. To get a viable alternative.

That's worst case scenario and such a doctor would probably have you taking half a dozen other medications before he got you to marinol. Agree and jump through the hoops for him. Tell him none of them work. Tell him you get the most (But not enough to count) from the meditative imagery and just dance for him until he has no option but to perscribe you marinol.

Eventually that guy will probably want to take you off marinol once you're healthy. Stop smoking wedd at that point too and see if you have your appetite back. If it doesn't work...he'll have to perscribe you marinol again. He may also want to try you on a 'new drug' and if he does just remind him of your lack of success with other pharmacueticals, your current success, and hesitation to be a 'guinea pig'.

If all that doesn't get you marinol, you really do have an apetite disorder, and you didn't blatantly insult the doctor, then your doctor is a jackass and you should have spotted that shit from the begging and gotten you a different doctor.

~$100+weed in order to be able to pass a piss test doesn't sound that bad to me. When Swim was in oregon he considered becoming bulimic (he loves food too much to be anorexic) to get a script for med pot. I still don't know why that dumbass didn't stay there and do it. I kick him in the ass every day at least once for it.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:46
Banned

23 y/o Male
Junket is an unknown quantity at this point

Swim recently stopped smokin weed (hasn't for a week) and yea the first couple days were a little hay-wire, lack of appetite, trouble sleeping, etc... but it passes quickly, no worries.

Realistically one probably wouldn't need a prescription to anything, unless of course they wanted one..or..something... but for the the most part its all jesus
Old 09-01-2009, 07:09
Silver Member

Male from United States

Nausea can get you a script for med-pot in most states that have med-pot laws.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:58
Silver Member

Male

Swim has been trying to quit but could not resist the temptation the other day of sampling this super incredible crazy dank yumyum deliciousness (and is honestly glad he didn't pass it up!!), so swim had to reset the counter to zero.

It jes aint easy to give it up. However eating has more or less returned to normal. He's also been drinking a lot of water and mild diuretics, and even went to get some cranberry juice although he's not tapped into it yet. He's also been drinking (always in moderation!) a bit to help curb the desire to smoke, although he's never been too partial to alcohol himself.

He's currently looking into some jobs he believes don't drug test. However there aren't a lot of them and if they all fall through swim is really going to have to get serious about this quitting thing.

Dewmeister added 4 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

---
Oh yeah, and on the marinol thing swim is going to have to decline that idea as wonderful as it would be. It would probably be easier for swim to obtain medical marijuana than marinol, and even that would be a bit tough. Its easier to just tough it out than to take advantage of the medical system.

Swim also has the consideration of sneaking a friend's urine and using that, but he does not like the idea because he doesn't really know what the testing process involves, and definitely does not want to get caught doing such a thing.

For detailed info regarding your trials.

Last edited by Dewmeister; 12-01-2009 at 05:58. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-01-2009, 06:04
Silver Member

Male from United States

I sympathize because Swim has much difficulty in this area as well. That's why my rep rating reads '...must live here!' becuase swim have practically shit else to do what with the weather and all right now and the fact that he is way too educated for someone without a college degree which tends to intimidate and alienate co-workers and 'superiors' when he does manage to get a job somewhere.

Euthanatos93420 added 2 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmeister View Post
Oh yeah, and on the marinol thing swim is going to have to decline that idea as wonderful as it would be. It would probably be easier for swim to obtain medical marijuana than marinol, and even that would be a bit tough. Its easier to just tough it out than to take advantage of the medical system.
Take advantage? Fuck that dude. Use whatever you can to your advantage in a society that will hate on you for your non-violent personal choice you have to use every once of leverage you can to survive. Don't think of it as dishonest either because you sound like you have serious appetite disorder which is more than a legitimate reason to hit up med-pot.

If you don't, I will be seriously and personally offended as I do not live in a place with such forward thinking legislation and oppotunity available to me.

Last edited by Euthanatos93420; 12-01-2009 at 06:05. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
cannabis addiction, marijuana addiction