Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Salvia divinorum
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Salvia divinorum All about using (smoking, eating) Salvia Divinorum

Old 03-01-2009, 18:23
Banned

34 y/o Male
darkbreed is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Salvia sublingual / chewing quid method, report & questions

A Bird flew by and whispered:

Last night I decided to try the so called quid method of taking salvia divinorum, meaning rolling the leafs up in balls and chewing on them.

The preparation was as follows:

3 grams of standard Salvia Divinorum leaves were measured out. This had been ordered from an online ethnoshop.

These were dry, so they were put in DISTILLED / DEMINERALIZED water to soak for a few minutes. This was simply done by putting them in a cup and filling up with water and letting them sit 10 minutes.

Tap water was not used due to risks of contamination and chemicals in the tap water that potentially can degrade or break down the Salvinorin-A

Then the water was poured off, and the leaves placed on a plate and divided and counted. In total there were 30 leafs from the 3 grams of dried ones - these were pretty small ones compared to the leafs I have from my living plant.

4 quid balls were made, each having 5 leafs, by placing them on top of eachother then rolling them together first one way, then folding the other way so I had 4 square quids with 5 leafs each, making a total of 20 leafs.

The 10 remaining leaves were put in the freezer to be saved for later, as 20 leaves was determined to be an ok starter dose for first time.

The 4 quids were put in mouth up in the gums, 2 in each cheek. They were gently chewed some and squized with my cheeks and gums to get the spit and salvia juice flowing around, and this was done with random intervals for around 20 minutes. At the last 5 minutes the leaves were chewed well and rapidly to get the remaining goodies out of them, and let sit in the mout for couple minutes more, before spit out in a glass.

During the chewing a lot of saliva (spit) was filling up in my mouth and I had to swallow some of it a couple times. At the end when spitting out I had about a mouthful of spit coming out with the chewed up leafs.

I tried keep most of the saliva up in my cheek and under my tounge as thats where it absorbs best in the mouth. Mild effects were felt somewhat around 15 min into the chewing, and at 20 min when spitting out I had a odd tugging sensation in my back when walking around and then decided it was time to get positioned in bed, in a dark room, and close my eyes.

Images started to appear, first random colors and patterns, then more detailed visions came - visions of various events and places around in the world at different timeperiods, seemed as watching the history of the world in a way, the scenes were rapidly changing and it would be impossible for me to describe it all or even remember them all, but it was an interesting and quite visual journey.

At some point I decided to open my eyes there I laid in the darkness to see if I had any open eye visuals - and then I looked up in my ceiling and it seemed to be covered with branches and roots, something I've noticed earlier while smoking salvia as well. I also saw a black hole, as a small circular shadow the size of a football, floating around up there. It had a pink sort of aura surrounding it and moving around as well.

Then I closed my eyes again and rolled over on my side facing my night table. I noticed I could see through my eyelids and see the night table and the room, and a person/being standing next to me by the bed. I could not make out completely what this was, though it looked shaped as a person, but I could not see details it was more as seeing a person standing there in the dark and only see the silhouette - it was moving around though and briefly disappearing out of sight before returning for a moment.

Shortly after this the effects started to wear off and become weaker, in total the experience lasted approximately 45 min to 1 hour.

Now to the questions -

Are anyone familiar with a way to potentiate and make the salvinorin-a relase more efficiently during sublingual route of administration? For example, when chewing coca a base such as sodium bicarbonate is usually added to the leaves when chewing to give much stronger effects. Would this work for salvia too? And what exactly is the process that makes sodium bicarbonate potentiate the coca in the first place? I know this is also done for other substances, such as yopo snuff, where most commonly calcium hydroxide is used for the same purposes.

Another question is, what is salvinorum-a easily soluble in? Would acetone be a good method for extracting it, discarding the leaves, evaporating the acetone and retrieving the extracted material which then could be used sublingual? Again would something increase the effects of sublingual administration?

And, do MAOI's increase the effects of Salvia?

Cheers and thanks

-End of the birds report-
Old 01-03-2009, 08:06
Silver Member

Male
scyrusurcys is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Salvia sublingual / chewing quid method, report & questions

Very interesting writeup! I enjoyed the read.

I can't answer your question about the coca, but I can tell you that the best extraction method for Salvinorin-A is with 100% acetone. SWIM has tried a *very* small extraction with acetone (5 or 6 leaves) and got a very crude extract that was about 1/4 the size of a pinhead. When smoked, it DID produce noticeable effects (increase in gravitational pull of his body and the ever-so-distinct odor and taste of Salvia that initiates the visionary state that this drug induces - although, very subtle). SWIM wouldn't exactly know, however, if using extract in a sublingual administration would allow the user to achieve a/any desired effect, but the hypothesis behind it may not be so absurd. If, in theory, saliva can naturally extract Salvinorin-A from the leaves, then surely one could naturally extract Salvinorin-A from a higher content and achieve effects much quicker (and possibly for a longer period of time) from a concentrated form of leaf.

Last edited by scyrusurcys; 01-03-2009 at 08:12.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:03
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Japan
Benga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,538, Level: 12 Points: 7,538, Level: 12 Points: 7,538, Level: 12
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbreed View Post
For example, when chewing coca a base such as sodium bicarbonate is usually added to the leaves when chewing to give much stronger effects. Would this work for salvia too? And what exactly is the process that makes sodium bicarbonate potentiate the coca in the first place? I know this is also done for other substances, such as yopo snuff, where most commonly calcium hydroxide is used for the same purposes.
adding sodium bicarbonate does not potentiate the coca.
what it does is basify the saliva, and the more basic pH allows for a better freebasing of the various coca alkaloids into the user's saliva ( which is normaly slightly acidic). the saliva "fills up" with alkaloids, which are then absorbed through the mouth's mucous lining into the bloodstream

Last edited by Benga; 02-03-2009 at 18:43.
Old 02-03-2009, 17:47

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,223, Level: 20 Points: 19,223, Level: 20 Points: 19,223, Level: 20
Activity: 57.2% Activity: 57.2% Activity: 57.2%

While there is no good reason that MAO-Is should interact with Salvia (based on the paths they effect), there has been anecdotal evidence that they do. If one chooses to pursue such experiments, stick with Harmala, as it has proven relatively safe and do make sure to keep us posted.
Old 02-03-2009, 18:33

Male from United States
Heretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,529, Level: 11 Points: 6,529, Level: 11 Points: 6,529, Level: 11
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

Mixing the leaves with chamomile is known to potentate the effects. Also drinking some coffee or tea (caffeine) beforehand has been reported to help.
It is also said that keeping the juices at the back of the throat, like gurgling but without the gurgle, increases absorption.
It is common when making quids to soak the dried leaves in rum or some type of strong alcohol and to mix in chunks of ginger candies or similar to make chewing easier so more can be gotten out of the leaves.

Share this on:

Tags
drugs-forum, salvia, salvia divinorum, salvia quid