Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Salvia divinorum
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Salvia divinorum All about using (smoking, eating) Salvia Divinorum

Old 27-12-2008, 14:40
Banned

Male
CuriousJOE should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Salvia effects compared with mushrooms/LSD

When my friend had salvia x15 it blew his mind, for about two minutes. Is the intensity of salvia x15 at its peak compareable to LSD or Shrooms; I doubt it, but have been wondering.

Post Quality Evaluations:
wrong prefix
Old 27-12-2008, 16:22

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
bennett211085 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Compared with Shrooms/LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousJOE View Post
When my friend had salvia x15 it blew his mind, for about two minutes. Is the intensity of salvia x15 at its peak compareable to LSD or Shrooms; I doubt it, but have been wondering.
Its a whole lot more intense than either mushrooms or lsd in swims opinion. Not really something enjoyable either.
Old 27-12-2008, 16:25
Gold Member

Male from USA - New York
RaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline Medline
Points: 3,053, Level: 8 Points: 3,053, Level: 8 Points: 3,053, Level: 8
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

It's a completely different sort of high, lacking in any basis for comparison in my raver friend's opinion.
Old 27-12-2008, 17:39
Chem|EB|DMT

Male from Earth
Gradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 12,588, Level: 16 Points: 12,588, Level: 16 Points: 12,588, Level: 16
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%

RaverHippie, as usual, is absolutely correct.

LSD and Psilocin/Psilocybin, on a general level, generate their psychedelic effects through agonization of the 5-HT2a receptors (though they hit other receptors without true psychedelic significance).

Savlia Divinorum-A, however, is active at Kappa opioid receptors - some of the strangest receptors in the body. Most individuals experience marked dysphoria from kappa agonists, but this dysphoria is coupled with intense visual and auditory hallucinations. It's theorized that the dysphoria is due to an inhibitory relationship that agonized kapa receptors have upon mu-opioid receptors (everyone's favorite feel-good opioid receptor). This isn't to say that individuals CAN'T enjoy the experience - just that most will experience aversion to it.

Informative.
Thank you for the pharmacological information regarding salvia and possible explanations for the effects it renders.
Old 27-12-2008, 18:53
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Heretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,529, Level: 11 Points: 6,529, Level: 11 Points: 6,529, Level: 11
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

This is obviously a thread about effects, not anal use. Please use the appropriate prefix.
Old 28-12-2008, 05:40
Banned

Male
CuriousJOE should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

sorry sir.
Old 28-12-2008, 05:59
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.Salvinorin A really adds to the discussion.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradient View Post
Savlia Divinorum-A, however, is active at Kappa opioid receptors - some of the strangest receptors in the body. Most individuals experience marked dysphoria from kappa agonists, but this dysphoria is coupled with intense visual and auditory hallucinations. It's theorized that the dysphoria is due to an inhibitory relationship that agonized kapa receptors have upon mu-opioid receptors (everyone's favorite feel-good opioid receptor). This isn't to say that individuals CAN'T enjoy the experience - just that most will experience aversion to it.
SWIM agrees with everyone here. Just thought he'd point out..haha...Gradient, swiy pointed out all the technical stuff about salvia, yet swiy somehow produced "Savlia Divinorum-A"

Salvinorin A?

haha just teasing.

Another note, swim has never dissociated on shrooms or LSD (even with huge doses, no luck...just massive confusion and scattered thoughts). But swim knows many people who have...does anyone know how that experience compares with Salvia?

Sal-A
Old 28-12-2008, 06:30
Gold Member

Male from USA - New York
RaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline Medline
Points: 3,053, Level: 8 Points: 3,053, Level: 8 Points: 3,053, Level: 8
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

My raver friend always thinks that ego death and physical dissociation feel very similar, but the latter is a much more physical presence while the former feels like a state of mind. Ego death seems like the mind goes away from the body spiritually instead of physically.
Old 28-12-2008, 06:32
Chem|EB|DMT

Male from Earth
Gradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 12,588, Level: 16 Points: 12,588, Level: 16 Points: 12,588, Level: 16
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%

Hahaha good catch Sal-A. Just goes to show you how lost in the details I can get! I wish I had you next to me on my exams - we'd get a perfect score!

Thanks for the vigilance. Hopefully I wont make such an embarrassing slip in the future, but I'm glad to know that there are enough people on the forum to plug the holes in even the most confident posts.

The only similarities between salvia and LSD/Mushrooms in swim's experience are the occasional 'loops' that swim sometimes falls into. Hard to explain. Sometimes swim will engage in cyclical thought patterns or behaviors that associate with cyclical stimuli. For example, swim will exhibit cyclical behaviors such as swaying back and forth - coupled to the perception of a repetition of just a single measure of a song (i.e. the chorus playing over and over). Similarly, swim will experience emotional oscillations coupled to the observation of the water from a fountain rising up and falling down, rising up, falling down. Such cycles are quite reminiscent of entirely immersive loops after an administration of salvia. This doesn't occur every time for swim, but quite frequently.
Old 29-12-2008, 04:02
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

mushrooms are much slower than salvia. While mushrooms are something you move to, and become involved with, salvia is just trying to hold on, while being rocketed out into space. Yea, they both leave you hallucinating, but really it's uncomparable.
Old 31-12-2008, 05:10

Male from United States
Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.
Points: 938, Level: 4 Points: 938, Level: 4 Points: 938, Level: 4

In terms of comparisons of "greater" or "less" intense, it is difficult to determine the more intense experience, given the difficulty in quantifying intensity. "Intensity" is subjectively experienced and cannot be objectively quantified as readily as dosage or plasma concentrations of a drug (for example). Compounded upon this is the fact that qualitatively, the experiences are entirely different and not readily comparable in many senses.

When questioning whether or not the "intensity" is comparable to peak experiences incurred from LSD or psilocybin/psilocin, the answer is contingent on one's definition of intensity, one's means of qualitatively or quantitatively measuring intensity, dose, and the subjective experiences exerted upon the user.

It is remarkably difficult to issue any objective assertions regarding the relative intensity of salvia. However, I will say that my acquaintance SWIM in an alternate universe recounts that salvia seems to possess a greater capacity to entire tear away the fabric of consensual reality as he traditionally conceives it.
Old 07-01-2009, 00:32
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
scissorhands is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1

My pet cactus told me when he compares the two he describes them as follows:

Acid/Shrooms are what seem to be a long journey into the inner workings of this reality, though it does make you aware of space in a Macro or micro sense of directions it is still confined to "this" page of reality.

Salvia on the other hand (he says with a huge grin on his face), is non stopping rocket ride out an through "all" dimension. You get to experience every reality and every "what if" of those realities (including this one), time becomes meaningless because you realize time is perceptual so those 5 minutes are the longest ones of your life.

A good way to visualize the Salvia trip is to watch in youtube:
Imagining the Tenth Dimension - Rob Bryanton [FULL CLIP]

Maybe you will go some wear in between, or be really lucky like swim and live the 10th. Either way your ego is in for a pounding, yet as my cactus would say, well worth for greater awareness and understanding.

(WORD OF WARNING: A bad Salvia trip even for seassoned travelers WILL break your ego way worse than acid, so treat with utter respect)

exactly what a salvia trip's like, nice wording
Old 07-01-2009, 23:44
Silver Member

Male from Zimbabwe
0ctavarium is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1

Swim's done shrooms, and in the shroom world you are still on this earth and can relatively function, salvia takes your thoughts inside your brain and you forget your earthly body.
Old 24-01-2009, 07:43

23 y/o Male
dimichaeltryptamine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1

A man uses LSD regularly and tried Salvia tonight for the first time. The first hit felt like he was physically being sucked by gravity to the right, and afterwords he realized that he loved it and ended up smoking a whole gram of it. Though he's not planning on purchasing any anytime soon. He finds the prices outrageous. However, a man feels that Salvia is more of a physically strong high where as LSD is more of a mentally powerful high.
Old 04-02-2009, 22:36

Male
RTKNemzek is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousJOE View Post
It is a more intense high that either of them personally. The only thing is that with LSD and shrooms it last a lot longer than with salvia. Which is kind of a good thing because if a salvia trip lasted as long as an LSD or Shroom trip I'm pretty sure somebody would probably lose their mind exspecially if it is there first time becuase most people get really scared because they have never felt that way before.
Old 08-02-2009, 19:08
Banned

24 y/o Male
informer_ needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Salvia fucked Swim head up lol, Swim enjoyed it and does it occasionally, but most people swim knows dont like the effects, but they loce lsd and shrooms, Swims friend say its totally different.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:38
Silver Member

Male
Shroomtastic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1

When Swim did it, it just scared the crap out of me. i think its mostly because there's no come up, and when it hits you it hits you hard. Swim though that he went crazy when he did it. Not even comparable to mushrooms or LSD. Salvia just made him feel f**ked up, and disconnected from reality, while mushrooms makes SWIM feel connected with reality even more than usual.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:50
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

For swim, mushrooms connect him with the world, and he becomes like a buddist monk or some shit. Very philosophical the whole time, everything's very clear, but there's still a strange fog in swims head that says this isn't the normal me. But salvia blasts swim off into parallel and perpendicular, and all other angles of dimensions, twisting, turning, becoming the surroundings, and it's all chaos, or the dose is light enough where swim just looks at everything much more deeply, and ponders. then the after effects leaves swim content, with a revelation that sticks mostley, and just appriciates life. Mushrooms still give a lighter revelation, but swim just wants to sleep, and doesn't care much for reflection. the revelations normally fade too.
Old 21-03-2009, 07:51
Silver Member

25 y/o Male
Alexander_Praves is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 342, Level: 2 Points: 342, Level: 2 Points: 342, Level: 2

When SWIM went to buy Salvia (20X) he had a brief chat with the guy behind the counter of the headshop. SWIM asked him if the Salvia experience was comparable to that of shrooms. Hesitatingly, he replied: 'Uhm... a mushroom trip is rather superficial by comparison, to be perfectly honest.'

Now, admittedly only a few hours since he first used it, SWIM wholeheartedly agrees with the above viewpoint. One of the few things SWIM could succesfully utter during his first Salvia trip, and that he kept repeating over and over, was: 'This is so much heavier than anything I've ever experienced on mushrooms.' SWIM feels it's one of the most intense (and he means that in a horribly positive way) trips, or rather: events that he has undertaken.

SWIM regards mushrooms as a way of getting in touch with humanity; Salvia has the potential to make you forget you're human.
Old 21-03-2009, 12:43
Silver Member

Male from Turkey
convalescent is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1

Well.. to be honest comparing Shrooms/LSD with Salvia is pretty rough..

what SWIM means is.. Shrooms/LSD gives you at least mildly controlable trip, which lasts quite long - is generally organic and sometimes based on real life surroundings and feelings - in example, watching flowers, trees, water, etc.

While Salvia.. well - to be generally honest - when SWIY takes a hit:
a) in five seconds "the Force" from other reality comes out and drags SWIY back to it's extraterrestrial world;
b) "the Force" drags SWIY through the fabric of SWIYs world, other worlds, non existing worlds, SWIYs memories, SWIYs dreams, SWIYs wishes;
c) "the Force" gets SWIY back into SWIYs body, wondering what the hell just happened. Just sitting in awe and trying to understand where were you..

Just a general picture of what to expect. It's like watching 2001: A Space Oddyssey in 30 seconds, while Shrooms/LSD would make this a ten hour long movie. Though SWIM cannot compare the intensity of experience - even though Salvia's effects are time-like short, it is much more intense than LSD/Shrooms.
Old 12-04-2009, 00:21
Silver Member

61 y/o Male from United States
Breedlove is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3

Wow, Wow. Whoa little doggies! Man, The Bonehead is glad He read some of these posts. Goddamn... He thinks He'll pass on that shit. Life has been rough enough as it is. The Bonehead thinks He'll just try mushrooms. He did some acid back in the 70's but never tried Shrooms. The Bonehead is also curious about Ecstacy...

Ah Death, where is thy sting?
Old 03-05-2009, 22:08
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
JCJC is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Compared with mushrooms/LSD

SWIM has the following to contribute:

The trip itself isnt comparable in terms of how it feels but as far as intensity goes I've never been on a trip as completely 'detaching' as salvia. I just have no idea what anything is and certainly no idea that I am seperate from it or have any kind of 'self'.

However the high is pretty superficial in compairison with shrooms or acid. I dont really 'learn' much as it's just os strange. Acid and shrooms usually help me discover something that is at least slightly transferable back into reality.
Old 14-05-2009, 03:51

Male
engagenirvana is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1

The experiences in short between any psychoactive or psychedelic cannot compare to salvia. Just imagine if you tripped on salvia for as long as you trip on any other psychedelic. It is impossible to get "on top of the trip." The trip goes into you and makes you do what the trip wants you to do. Period. You cannot operate on a salvia trip in any way.

On LSD or Mushrooms you can because in swim's experience swim has gone to work on both and done perfectly fine. Given that it was about 8 hours after swim had dosed so swim was not tripping balls but swim was still tripping. If swim took a hit of salvia right before he went into work everyone would be able to see swim was on something.

Plain and simple, if you could trip on salvia as long as you can trip on LSD or on a 2C, your mind would simply break and you would go crazy. Thats swim's opinion of course so swim is open to argument on the point.
Old 14-05-2009, 15:15

Male
gammagore is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

My Sally trip was nowhere near comparable to mushy/lsd, i got blasted to another plane, had the longest and weirdest conversation with a Lady Entity. Also had a strong feeling of being pushed/blown to one side.Anyone else feel this??
It was an awesome experience but could also be a bit scary

gammagore added 2 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

SWIM i mean.

Last edited by gammagore; 14-05-2009 at 15:15. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
auditory hallucinations, comparing psychedelics, dmt, drugs-forum, hallucination, lsd, lsd compared, lsd compared to salvia, mushrooms, psilocybin, salvia, salvia compared, salvia divinorum, salvia effects, salvia trip, shroom, shrooms, shrooms lsd