Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 19-12-2008, 06:43
Silver Member

Male from France
Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Temazepam: Any recreational value?

SWIM has obtained 10 15mg Temazepam (restoril) capsules from a friend 2nite & wonders what, if any, recreational value the drug has.

Does any1 hav any experience with the drug?

& if so what would b the best route of administration to get the most out of it (no needles)?

Thanx,
Herb
Old 19-12-2008, 07:15
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Re: Temazepam: Any recreational value?

Mmmm...

Who would have thought the FSE could be so useful?

Try here...

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...ight=temazepam

Just a few of the many threads around
Old 19-12-2008, 14:02
Silver Member

Male from France
Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

O my bad, when I used TFSE nothing came up....thankz

*Delete thread*
Old 23-12-2008, 20:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SWIM's only benzo that he actually enjoys is Temazepam. The fine powder makes it perfect for railing, which SWIM says results in an actual high, unlike just popping it which makes SWIM pass out.
Old 05-01-2009, 14:41

Male
mykeamine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

swim tried 30mg temazepam last night after a good amount of research and decided he might want to go to bed feeling a little different than normal. to his surprise, he felt nothing after insufflating 10mg of it and pilling the rest.

he then decided to put down (started off low but ended up being) 15mg zolpidem. Some people have reported that just a 10mg zolpidem put them in a trance. Well this combination for swim did nothing other than made him a tiny bit sleepier. He slept great though!

Here's the kicker (possibly..) he's currently prescribed Strattera for ADHD. For those who don't know Strattera is NRI. So swim was thinking maybe this is the cause for the 2 drugs tried for not working as he thought they should have.
Old 05-01-2009, 23:59

Male from Canada
2dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

its my fave! it can knock you right off your ass if your not careful.
I would try taking just one first and then see how you do.
can anyone tell me what this SWIM thing is all about?
Old 06-01-2009, 00:17
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.
Points: 1,920, Level: 6 Points: 1,920, Level: 6 Points: 1,920, Level: 6
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

SWIM used to be prescribed 1 to 2 30mg capsules per night. The pharmacy told him that 30mg's at a time was the highest recommended dosage and to be careful. Honestly, at the time he had to take anywhere from 90-180mg's (Not that he recommends these kind of dosages to anyone without a tolerance) to feel anything. When he could feel it he definitely considered it recreational if one likes hypnotics, that is. He had a pretty high tolerance to Benzo's though, I guess. He was used to Alprazolam. He realizes that Temazepam is much different than Alprazolam but as I said to feel anything he had to take a lot.

He would like to try it again to see if these high doses could be attributed to his tolerance (cross tolerance) to other benzos at the time or just if it is a week drug.

Also, to reiterate from what SWIM has heard it is not very common for one to need such high doses as mentioned above. Please do not try it until you get a feel for how your own body reacts to the drug. This is just SWIM's experience.
Old 16-01-2009, 13:24

23 y/o Male
BudGreen18 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1

I dont really think any benzo has recreation value, at low doses its nice and relaxing, but at higher doses you just pass out.

swim when in a psyciatric hospital spent a year and a half permantly on benzies, valium, lorazapm, clonazapam (sometimes in very high doses which were injected) it was a miserable time, always asleep, weight gain, depression, nausia and feeling faint and dizzy and most of all plain bored!

swim tried using benzos recreationaly after not taking them for a long time, went to college, no euphoria, no enjoyment, nothing untill he passed out in class and they had to get the nurse and i was taken out of the class, he had no memory of none of it, wasnt enjoyable, just memory loss and going unconscious, and of coarse the embarrasment of this happening in class
Old 08-05-2010, 13:28
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Temazepam seems to be one of those love it or hate it benzo's, like clonazepam. That said, unlike clonazepam i think with temazepam there is a middle ground, that is to say some people love it, some people don't care for it at all and some people like my fiend thinks it's OK but nothing great. Clonazepam on the other hand is definitely a love or hate benzo, for some people it just doesn't do anything for them (my fiend included) but for others they think it's the best benzo around.,

For my fiend his favourite benzo's in order are alprazolam (xanax), diazepam, lorazepam and nitrazepam. He would much rather have xanax and diazepam any day over temazepam, the only down side of xanax is the relatively short half life, that's why it's great with a few valium, a 50/50 dosage of valium and xanax is my fiends favourite, probably about 10mg of xanax and 100mg of diazepam but my fiend has huge tolerance so this is by NO MEANS a recommended dose for ANYONE, it's just what my fiend knows he can handle, that and a couple of bags of smack, that's my fiends poison.

Bit off topic but my fiends dream drug combo would be lorazepam 4mg/ml in a 5ml barrel, 2 x 100mg/ml diamorphine (pharm grade sterile amps) and 1 x 75mg GOOD
(or purified) cocaine all IV (but not in the same syringe) and some oral xanax and valium since injectable diazepam is very weak (5mg/ml) so that's why he'd opt for the 4mg/ml lorazepam, i think that's the strongest injectable benzo in terms of mg per ml, apart from MAYBE midazolam.
Old 24-06-2010, 02:03

Female from Canada
calloway is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
First time temazepam

Hello! I am new to this website, and this is my first post. Bear with me, as I don't understand the SWIM thing and speaking in the third person...if someone could fill me in on what that's all about then that would be great!

I am a 20 year old female interested in pharmacology and how different substances affect us. I have never taken drugs except for perscribed purposes and do not intend on using drugs often...only occasionally to see how they affect me (eg. i will try a drug once just to see how it affects me). I have been taking percocets for a few weeks now..about once or twice a week...I love the feeling I get from them..but just ran out and have no reason to have them perscribed to me again so I'm out of luck

I have obtained some temazepam, zopiclone, nozinan (methotrimprazine) and olanzapine. I want to take these to note their different affects. I do not like being out of control and do not want to get too high...as I have a very low tolerance and don't like the feeling of being out of control or scared.

I have decided I would like to try temazepam tonight. I only have 30mg capsules...I want to cut it in half so I wish I had a tablet but unfortunately this is the only dose I have. What would you recommend for this? Will 30mg mess me up a lot considering I have NO experience with benzos or any drug besides percocets? Any information or advice would be appriciated. Thanks
Old 24-06-2010, 02:29
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: First time temazepam

Swim (someone who isn't me) is to aviod incriminating yourself because admiting to illegal activities (using drugs) is a bad idea.

A typical dose for insomnia is 15-30 mg temazepam. Try opening the capsule and splitting the powder in half with a credit card. Collect a half and take that. Viola, 15 mg! It isn't a very enjoyable benzo in swim's opinion. Much more sedating that say alprazolam or clonazepam. Some people really enjoy it though. Best of luck.

Post Quality Evaluations:
To say "Viola! 15 mg" is quite a misnomer. Eyeballing a powder that is active and inactive material is highly inaccurate.
Old 27-11-2012, 03:22
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from Australia
Respectspowdwers is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Plain and simple the most pleasant euphoria and warm pleasure of any benzo in my humble opinion highly underrated however you would probably like a lot more than 15 mg more like 100 mg.
Old 29-11-2012, 02:04
Mercury Member

25 y/o Male from United States
pcp saved my life needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

it's very nice, and the capsules have powder inside that's great for snorting but the tolerance builds up extremely fast
Old 29-11-2012, 02:35
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
Jonnysniper650 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

The only benzo that really has any rec value by itself is temazepam...Klonopin and xanax are great for comedowns...but I mean really. For a sleeping med,it's better then ambien and sonata,and has WAY more rec value. IMO. Unfortunately it's really rare where I live have fun dude!

I agree very accurate in my opinion
Old 03-12-2012, 19:10
Mercury Member

25 y/o Male from United States
pcp saved my life needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Temazepam is not a benzo you are likely to find on the street. You have to get prescribed it or else know someone who sells it. Xanax is really the only benzo commonly sold in open air drug markets...at least in this city.
Old 03-12-2012, 20:15
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline
Points: 5,578, Level: 11 Points: 5,578, Level: 11 Points: 5,578, Level: 11
Activity: 15.9% Activity: 15.9% Activity: 15.9%

I was briefly prescribed this benzo. It's okay for sleep; not so much for daytime anxiety, although some people don't turn as drowsy as others. I agree that it is better than the "Z-class" drugs that BigPharma is pushing as "better" sleeping aids for whatever reason

So, as far as recreational value: not that much, but it's a much gentler sleep drug than any of that OTC stuff or the Z-class drugs, as I mentioned.

PS don't bother snorting the stuff; this DF thread regarding snorting benzodiazepines
explains why.

Very fair true and accurate

Last edited by Rob Cypher; 03-12-2012 at 20:27.
Old 08-12-2012, 22:57
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
OpiFrogJewNoMe is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 174, Level: 2 Points: 174, Level: 2 Points: 174, Level: 2
Activity: 11.3% Activity: 11.3% Activity: 11.3%

I have actually had a few good experiences with it. It always took 60mg+ to get the feeling I was looking for. Kind of got the warm blanket feel. But some people swear by it and say they get little spells of euphoria. But the only way a person will know if it is good for them is to actually try it. Every person is different.
Old 30-12-2012, 02:52
Silver Member

Male from Sweden
DrugDoctor is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

Yes, temazepam has recreational value as any benzos. Temazepam is just quite weak benzo, so I would recommend doses 30-100 mg. If you take alcohol at the same time, take only 10-40 mg.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:03
Silver Member

Male from USA - Montana
immortal agony is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

Temazepam is the most recreational of all the benzos I've ever used (though the period when I had access to it pre-dates the last year or so when I really began using benzos regularly.) It hit fast and hard and made me feel almost drunk. Much more euphoric than clonazepam or lorazepam, for example. Made me much more prone to blacking out, however.
Old 09-01-2013, 15:34

56 y/o Female from Australia
Down the Drain should review received reputation comments.
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

I've been on Temaze for many years. Was taking 50-10mg a day when my tolerence really grew, but have cut down to about 8 a day now. They gave me more confidence when meeting people & I didn't really care what people thought about the way I looked if I was dressed badly. When I'd take an extra 10 or so , I used to get a lot more energy & would feel like racing around the house cleaning it up (which is unusual for me). But, if I was sitting around feeling a bit tired when I took extra, they'd just make me sleep. I only take them orally, but when they came in capsules, I'd IV them. The effects aren't really any different. In large doses you are not used to they really stuff your memory, like the time I went to a Dr. & said I hadn't seen him for over a month & really needed to get some more. He informed me that I was there only the day before & got a script. I didn't believe him till he showed me my signiture. I was so embarrased that I never saw him again. So they really weren't much fun & now I only take them to stop the dreaded Benzos' withdrawals & to take before I have an Narcotic as my tolerence is so high with both I need to combine them for either to work. Please don't forget the danger of combining the 2 drugs when you have a low tolerence as it's so easy to overdose then, as I have done once before. Hope you find something that's more fun to take & easier to stop. Ha Ha.
Old 14-01-2013, 03:09
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Netherlands
Psychonauticunt is a decent psychonaut.Psychonauticunt is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by calloway View Post
I have obtained some temazepam, zopiclone, nozinan (methotrimprazine) and olanzapine. I want to take these to note their different affects. I do not like being out of control and do not want to get too high...as I have a very low tolerance and don't like the feeling of being out of control or scared.

I have decided I would like to try temazepam tonight. I only have 30mg capsules...I want to cut it in half so I wish I had a tablet but unfortunately this is the only dose I have. What would you recommend for this? Will 30mg mess me up a lot considering I have NO experience with benzos or any drug besides percocets? Any information or advice would be appriciated. Thanks
Usually the effects of benzos are so subtle that you'll think you're completely in control after the second they slap the cuffs on you and shove you into their squad car. The feeling of being out of control is unilkely to be a problem, but actually being out of control very well might.

I'm sure 30mg won't mess you up, but temazepam is absorbed very quickly, so I'd say take 30mg, and another 30mg in 30-45 minutes if you're still feeling at baseline. And remember, don't keep taking more expecting euphoria like from Percocets. It will not come. It is much more subtle; relaxation.

Quote:
it's very nice, and the capsules have powder inside that's great for snorting but the tolerance builds up extremely fast

Yeah, it's great for snorting, just like table salt or ground up chili pepper. It's still got a ridiculous amount of binders/fillers compared to the 20mg of temazepam, and since benzos have such high oral BA, it's a complete waste to snort them. They'll clog up your nose, and drip down your throat into your stomach - why not chuck them there in the first place? There's no rush from snorting, you're just wasting drugs.

I find temazepam rather weak and tolerance-naive would dose at 80-140mg for recreation without any problems, but I'm quite tall. Anyway, I'd say play it safe and take 30, and take 30-60 more if you feel necessary. Don't redose too often though, 'cause that's when you black out and eat ALL of them.

Quote:
Zopiclone is a drug which will essentially make you fall asleep if you're lying down, but not do much else (at higher doses, possibly terrifying delirium tremens -type hallucinations), apart from leaving a rusy metallic taste in your mouth for a day. Nozinan is a REALLY strong neuroleptic which can knock me out even if I've just done a big line of meth or eaten two blotters of acid but decided I had to sleep and be up in the morning. No fun, but very efficient.

No experience of olanzapine, but out of those 4 drugs, only temazepam seems recreational, but I guess they'll all do one thing - put you to sleep?

Good explanations. Helpful post.
Old 15-01-2013, 20:04
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calloway View Post
Oh, and while the temazepam has been discussed at length in this topic, I thought I'd add dose suggestions for the other drugs. Olanzapine, as I said, I have no experience of. As for zopiclone, for a non-tolerant individual, 7.5mg should be enough to put you to sleep. If you eat 15+mg and don't lie down, you may experience strange hallucinations (which I have found very unpleasant).

As for methotrimeprazine, 5-10mg should easily be enough to knock you out for a full night's sleep. It is absorbed slowly so don't redose if you aren't feeling it in half an hour; in 60-120 minutes you should have reached high concentrations. You will probably also notice your mouth getting very dry. It's probably the most sedative drug I've tried.
My first time trying it a friend told me to eat a whole 50mg pill - I slept for most of 24 hours, waking up only to eat and use the toilet, and while I was awake I had horrible tardive dyskinesia, trembling like a Parkinson's patient.
Old 16-01-2013, 07:48
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline
Points: 5,578, Level: 11 Points: 5,578, Level: 11 Points: 5,578, Level: 11
Activity: 15.9% Activity: 15.9% Activity: 15.9%

Both olanzapine (Zyprexa) and methotrimeprazine are anti-psychotics; there is no recreational value in them at all. In fact, they tend to dampen the effects of any real 'recreational' drug.
Old 16-01-2013, 08:07
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
Nosferatus is on the way upNosferatus is on the way upNosferatus is on the way up
Points: 514, Level: 3 Points: 514, Level: 3 Points: 514, Level: 3
Activity: 20.9% Activity: 20.9% Activity: 20.9%

Not unless you consider waking up in the hospital or jail with bizarre and severe bodily injuries to have recreational value. These tend to take you from normal to blackout without warning. That being said, they're frequently available quite openly for sale in certain neighbourhoods here, but the main customer base is people who are already habituated to benzodiazepines, generally poor, desperate borderline homeless ones, not recreational users.
Old 16-01-2013, 23:15
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Cypher View Post
Both olanzapine (Zyprexa) and methotrimeprazine are anti-psychotics; there is no recreational value in them at all. In fact, they tend to dampen the effects of any real 'recreational' drug.
Indeed. However, sometimes this is exactly the desired effect - to end a 'bad trip' (I've only ever done this when I realized I'd taken a DOx marketed as LSD), or to fall asleep if you're too tweaked on amphetamines. They're much better than benzos for this purpose.

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, benzodiazepine, best benzodiazepine, drug, drug forums, drug test, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, heroin, injecting, injecting drugs, insufflate, intravenous injection, lorazepam, morphine, percocet, recreational dose, recreational use, restoril, temazepam, temazepam dose