Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 11-12-2008, 17:34

Female from United States
JoeMamma should review received reputation comments.
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
oxycodone (Percocet) + alprazolam (Xanax)

When SWIM takes a few zanny bars and then a few percocets about an hour later, for some reason SWIM doesn't get hit by the percocet. Is this normal?
Or its just how xanax works? Overrules any other pills you take after.

Post Quality Evaluations:
please use drug names, not brand names
Old 12-12-2008, 01:14
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 424, Level: 3 Points: 424, Level: 3 Points: 424, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Percocet + Xanax

I am not quite sure of any canceling effects that SWIy may be referring to, but I feel I should mention that "few zanny bars" is >6mg of alprazolam which is a massive dose on its own. Adding another depressant into the mix is very dangerous.
Sorry I can't be of more help... Just be careful.

Good for you, looking out for OP's health. Valuable post due to harm-reduction advice.
Old 13-12-2008, 03:09
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,105, Level: 6 Points: 2,105, Level: 6 Points: 2,105, Level: 6
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

depressant+depressant=death. Don't mix downers, wether it's opiates and alcohol, benzos and opiates, or alcohol, what ever it may be, don't mix them. That's how people choke on their own vomit and die.
Old 15-12-2008, 11:53
Banned

39 y/o Male from Australia
cybergenesis needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Swim says:

Depressant + Depressant doesn't definitely cause death. Its definately though flirting with death, especially if you aren't fairly tolerant of the substances used...

For example once (when I was VERY out of control) I took over 50x Xanax 2mg (yes I really did), after I had drunk about 4 litres of cask wine. While this knocked me out and I was indeed out of it for days (completely), I did not die. Though this could certainly theoretically kill someone.

I am not going anywhere with this, but I would definately NOT recommend mixing depressant drugs, it one of the biggest if not THE biggest factor in fatal/near fatal overdoses.

Last edited by Helene; 22-03-2010 at 12:32. Reason: self incrimination
Old 16-12-2008, 18:15
Silver Member

26 y/o Male
Horiz is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergenesis View Post
Depressant + Depressant doesn't definitely cause death. Its definately though flirting with death, especially if you aren't fairly tolerant of the substances used...

For example once (when I was VERY out of control) I took over 50x Xanax 2mg (yes I really did), after I had drunk about 4 litres of cask wine. While this knocked me out and I was indeed out of it for days (completely), I did not die. Though this could certainly theoretically kill someone.

I am not going anywhere with this, but I would definately NOT recommend mixing depressant drugs, it one of the biggest if not THE biggest factor in fatal/near fatal overdoses.
While I agree with the premise that mixing downer and downer is generally a risky idea (use a sitter!) I feel it's needed to point out that 50 Xanax bars (Alprazolam) and 4 litres of cask wine is an extremely outrageous dose and I highly doubt anyone would survive that without immediate medical assistance incase someone naive stumbles across your post and isn't aware that 100mg of Alprazolam is stupidly dangerous.
Old 17-12-2008, 09:27
Banned

39 y/o Male from Australia
cybergenesis needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horiz View Post
While I agree with the premise that mixing downer and downer is generally a risky idea (use a sitter!) I feel it's needed to point out that 50 Xanax bars (Alprazolam) and 4 litres of cask wine is an extremely outrageous dose and I highly doubt anyone would survive that without immediate medical assistance incase someone naive stumbles across your post and isn't aware that 100mg of Alprazolam is stupidly dangerous.
Seriously I can assure you I took this much, in conjunction with alcohol. I did end up in hospital but all they gave me was charcoal. I didn't intend to take a full bottle but after having a couple of xanax I completely lots the plot. It totally messes up my judgement. Thus I NEVER touch Xanax anymore. My brother and cousin were present and saw me take the whole bottle. I passed out unconshous but woke up shortly after in the hospital. Apparently when they told the doctor just how much I had consumed the doctor rose his eyebrows, ie it was obviously quite a large dose. I FULLY AGREE that i am lucky it was not fatal, and it could be fatal to many people.
Old 17-12-2008, 09:35
Silver Member

dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.

Overdosing on alprazolam alone is difficult. Almost all deaths involving alprazolam involve a mix of drugs.
Old 14-06-2009, 21:46

27 y/o Male
fuper24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra$h View Post
depressant+depressant=death. Don't mix downers, wether it's opiates and alcohol, benzos and opiates, or alcohol, what ever it may be, don't mix them. That's how people choke on their own vomit and die.
That's ridiculous! Obviously you don't mix a large amount of both but I have been on 1mg xanax 3x daily and norco 10/325 4x daily for about a year and now I am on percocet 10/325 3x daily and I made it clear with my doctor along with my pharmacist before I started. The only thing you got right with that was that you don't mix alcohol with anything!
Old 15-06-2009, 04:06
Silver Member

Everyone reacts differently to each substance.
Also remember that SWIyou have built up a tolerance to each substance so you aren't as sensitive to the side-effects as an opiate/benzo naive user.

This is a harm-reduction forum after all...
Old 15-06-2009, 05:32

27 y/o Male
fuper24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, everyone is different so you never really know but I don't know of a doctor that would prescribe a narcotic pain killer and benzo to someone all at once for the first time. You may already be on xanax and then be prescribed percocet or the other way around, but to say that "depressant+depressant=death" is completely wrong..
Old 15-06-2009, 06:06
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

32 y/o Female from United States
Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 834, Level: 4 Points: 834, Level: 4 Points: 834, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuper24 View Post
That's ridiculous! Obviously you don't mix a large amount of both but I have been on 1mg xanax 3x daily and norco 10/325 4x daily for about a year and now I am on percocet 10/325 3x daily and I made it clear with my doctor along with my pharmacist before I started. The only thing you got right with that was that you don't mix alcohol with anything!

Agreed. Swiv is prescribed benzos and is on narcotics for pain management. All docs and pharmacists involved know all of Swiv's meds, and she is still scripted both downers, and they are meant to be taken together as directed. Her pain doc has even scripted 2 alprazolam .5 mg pills and an Actiq (a fentanyl lollypop) to be taken together during a procedure. If it were that certain that the combo was that deadly even a slight majority of the time, Swiv doubts it would be scripted this way so commonly.

While downer+downer MAY= death, it seems to be a combo plenty of people are scripted, and many people who take these drugs live despite the touted dangers of this combo.

Swiv thinks that the extreme caution given with this combo is a precautionary measure meant to keep patients in line and deter them from abuse. Swiv thinks that drinking on either of these drugs is definitely dangerous, and that overuse of either med, if not both, in this combo is unwise; but if taken as directed, it seems to be safer than some health literature and health professionals would lead it to be.

Of course, this is just Swiv's unlicensed and non-professional .02 cents. Swiv does not hold a PharmD nor does she an MD, so she cannot say with authority what is considered safe or not. She just goes off of what she's experienced herself, and she personally knows others who are on a similar, if not identical, cocktail.
Old 20-06-2009, 12:23

32 y/o Female
emrob26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

personally swim doesn't like taking xanax with anything. mainly b/c xanax knocks swim out so fast... just seems like a waste of the other drug in swims mind. swim knows that not EVERYONE gets knocked out by xanax, but since it is such a downer it probably would decrease the effects of any opiate. Swim could be wrong, but just from swim's own experiences. Opiates aren't downers to swim. Yes the suppress the respiratory system, but swim is careful with amounts, but still it makes this swimmy have major energy, motivation, and never ever gives swim the "downer" feeling. So, maybe that is where the canceling out part is from?
Old 22-03-2010, 03:49
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

23 y/o Male
madhatter is an unknown quantity at this point

SWIM just snorting a combination of .50mg of Xanax, and 15mg of Oxycodone. Swim would not get anything from either of those drugs on their own, but combined he feels like he took 30mg of the Oxycodone. Still, not that much, but he does feel pretty nice right now.
Old 23-03-2010, 11:03
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from USA - California
Pieces Mended is on the way upPieces Mended is on the way upPieces Mended is on the way up
Points: 470, Level: 3 Points: 470, Level: 3 Points: 470, Level: 3
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

SWIM can honestly say that other than perhaps a beer or two, taking Xanax with any other drug is a waste of the second drug. If you get into recreational doses (you said "bars", so that's certainly above most theraputic doses) you just end up like in a walking coma state. You could shoot H or play Wii and probably feel just about the same on 6mg of Alprazolam.

This really isn't a safe state for you to be walking around in. Your judgment (feel it or not) would be so impaired, you could walk into traffic or drink an entire handle of vodka and nobody would be shocked. Scale way back and pick one a night.

BTW, downer + downer + downer + upper = fine if your doctor indicates such, and you follow his/her directions exactly.

Lots of people have both ADD and anxiety, pain and anxiety, pain and insomnia. The problem is nobody takes them as prescribed when it's "for kicks"

Well done for pointing out the difference between drug combinations when prescribed, and drug combinations for recreational purposes.

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, alprazolam combinations, oxycodone combinations, percocet combinations, xanax, xanax combinations