Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 11-04-2005, 00:03
Gold Member

28 y/o Male from United States
William_Again is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 750, Level: 4 Points: 750, Level: 4 Points: 750, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Is it possible to safely inject kratom?

Is it at all possible to inject kratom or some sort of a high concentrated kratom extract?

Last edited by Electrolingus; 05-07-2010 at 21:10.
Old 11-04-2005, 17:04

37 y/o Male from United States
panchovilla should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 190, Level: 2 Points: 190, Level: 2 Points: 190, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
I have never heard or read anything about injecting kratom. It is probably not a wise decision. Although I have heard that injecting drugs, when fresh needles are used, is the cleanest way to do any injectable drug. Needles give my pet hamster the heebeejeebees.

Last edited by Electrolingus; 05-07-2010 at 20:57.
Old 13-04-2005, 01:07
Gold Member

28 y/o Male from United States
William_Again is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 750, Level: 4 Points: 750, Level: 4 Points: 750, Level: 4
I agree. My pet has a needle phobia but they thought it might be something to look into or at least learn about.

Last edited by Electrolingus; 05-07-2010 at 20:58.
Old 17-04-2005, 21:01
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Mainio is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
No offense but why the hell would anyone want to inject kratom. That would be such an idiotic western world thing to do. I think kratom has been used a certain way for many many years and that is the way it should stay.

Last edited by Electrolingus; 05-07-2010 at 20:59.
Old 17-04-2005, 21:22

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
This is why thigs get made illegal. That said, the active alkoloids in kratom would have to be isolated and extracted from the plant matter. It is still not understood as to what alkoloids do what, so I think it will be along time before anyone creates any sort of extraction which can be injected. Some alkoloids have been isolated in the passed, but they were never used for injection.
Old 26-04-2005, 07:33
Palladium Member

Male from United States
allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.
Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
yes, in fact there is a supplier presently who for around xxx bucks will give you the entire alkaloid content of one ounce of premium kratom..however this is expensive, but the alkaloid is pure and fully injectable. a friend did it to good effect.

Last edited by Bajeda; 24-05-2008 at 09:56. Reason: price
Old 26-04-2005, 12:38

Male
genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,458, Level: 5 Points: 1,458, Level: 5 Points: 1,458, Level: 5
I would advice one not to inject kratom unless they have some pure alkaloid cristals extract

Last edited by Electrolingus; 05-07-2010 at 21:02.
Old 27-04-2005, 00:52
Palladium Member

Male from United States
allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.
Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
yes this is what my friends friend is talking about. =P 95+ % purity is what one would need.

Last edited by Electrolingus; 05-07-2010 at 21:04.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:05
Titanium Member

Male from New Zealand
Handle really adds to the discussion.Handle really adds to the discussion.Handle really adds to the discussion.Handle really adds to the discussion.Handle really adds to the discussion.Handle really adds to the discussion.
Points: 448, Level: 3 Points: 448, Level: 3 Points: 448, Level: 3
Re: Kratom injectable?

Hey, Allyourbase, again some questions. It's a good thing that people talk about this, because there are people out there who are going to try it anyway, and could hurt themselves if they don't use the right stuff. Of course it is understood that suppliers can't be discussed, but has anyone heard the rumour that 'pure crystals' of kratom alkaloids can't be obtained in solid form? SWIM ain't makin' this up, but why would people say that? And surely it can't be that hard to just do like a base, ether, separate, acid routine a few times until you got pretty good alkaloids. Anyone hear of this? Why is it that all the extracts out there on the internet are all black or brown, even the so called 'lyophilised' versions. Are they all just basically filtered boil-downs?
Finally, people should remember, that every day there are sick individuals out there shooting up heroin, [that would be far less pure than a sincere effort with trying to really purify kratom kratom], and dealers don't care what they put in it, even icing sugar! Even baking soda. Any crap that passes for white powder, you can find in the shit heroin they've got out on the street. The final question is, if all the solid extracts [eg, powder, granules, resin cakes/pies] of kratom look terribly discoloured and impure, but nearly all the liquid versions are clear, why is it that more sellers don't offer the clean stuff that they must be putting in their liquid extracts? Why don't they offer clean, clear and DRY crystals? Surely it can't be because it will seem to look too much like street drugs, because look how many now sell the piperidine pills, they're straight up chemical pills, so why not offer kratom in a better form than just boiled residue!?
Old 23-05-2008, 05:22
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12

@all your base: How did this method effect the duration time/peak. Please give times for both iff possible. thanks
Old 28-05-2008, 18:57
Titanium Member

Male from Ireland
Durd1e is captain of the psychonauts.Durd1e is captain of the psychonauts.Durd1e is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 487, Level: 3 Points: 487, Level: 3 Points: 487, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_Again View Post
Is it at all possible to inject kratom or some sort of a high concentrated kratom extract?
One definitely should not inject any extract that still has plant matter in it - that would end badly. Maybe if one had pure mitrangyne but even then one runs the risk of infection, collapsed veins etc.

Last edited by Electrolingus; 05-07-2010 at 21:12.
Old 29-05-2008, 01:11
Titanium Member

Male from New Zealand
Handle really adds to the discussion.Handle really adds to the discussion.Handle really adds to the discussion.Handle really adds to the discussion.Handle really adds to the discussion.Handle really adds to the discussion.

Well,, I'm just saying, look at how many people shoot vile mexican tar, there is no outcry, but I have seen extracts that look pretty clean, how would that be any worse than some of the cut down crap that passes for heroin, and people inject that every day.....I'm not saying any of it is good, but I think people are being a bit too precious, someone's going to come back one day with a swimpersonal trip report on doing this thing, yes, infection's always an issue, but it always is. Bite the bullet people; the basic, commonsense concerns apply to any drugs considered for injection. Discussion must shift to the nitty gritty, which is this [in my opinion] even under the ideal clinical conditions, are the kratom alkaloids PHARMACOLOGICALLY ever safe to inject. That should be the real question. Hygeine and not having plant matter or any number of contaminants in a hit is really, I mean really basic stuff, if people don't know that I wouldn't trust them with chamomile tea.

I think we have to get over the perennial worries of IV drug use, and start asking better questions. Could the alkaloids cause anaphylactic shock for instance?
Could they depress breathing when injected in a way they don't do when taken any other way?

If people can't figure out that dirty, gritty lumpy stuff with leaf bits does not belong in their veins, they can't be helped.
All the same safeguards should apply to this as to other drugs.

The questions we should be asking should not be about clean or dirty, pure or impure, it has to start with the assumption that nobody is masochistic enough to try it with any substandard material, and then get to the real questions, specific to kratom alkaloids, and what effect they have when injected.

That should determine the answer about whether or not it could ever be worth the obvious risks.

Post Quality Evaluations:
great post

Last edited by Handle; 29-05-2008 at 01:16.
Old 30-05-2008, 14:23

Male
akasha2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

My friend's cat told me the following when I was meditating... I was just about to leave my body and I heard the cat meowing.... and they meows started to turn into actual words that said, " I have to agree with handle... when i first started doing kratom i was tempted to inject, but I was worried about cleanliness. I know a site where you can get relatively pure alkaloidal content about 88%. You can get a gram for about a $xxx... The only way that you would be able to administer this stuff effectively would be IV which leads me to think that it is possible and that people are doing it... I bought 500 mg worth, and tried to make tea with it... and I tried to snort it but it didn't do anything... injection would be the only effective method for pure alkaloids..." And then I gave my friend's cat whose name is Sasha some catnip and she started to calm down after that...

Last edited by Bajeda; 10-06-2008 at 17:15. Reason: no prices
Old 10-06-2008, 01:10

38 y/o Male from United States
Richard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline Medline
Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8

about a year ago, I recall reading about someone who tried one of these extracts in the manner you questioned. according to my memory & this unknown guy's post, the aformentioned substances were definitely active, potent & no report of anaphylaxis either.
-DICK

good post
Old 10-06-2008, 08:21
Silver Member

28 y/o Female
kr8tom is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1

There needs to be a warning here or else some stupid kid is going to try and inject kratom from a shady Internet source and kill themselves. So to anyone reading this, please don't try to inject kratom just because one or two people on a forum have done it or think it's ok. If you inject the wrong stuff (which you probably will) and kill yourself then we all will be the ones who are punished for your stupid actions. So do not be an idiot and inject kratom!!!

good point...very good point. thanks for correcting my mistake.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:12
Banned

Male
Panthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline Medline
Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7

I fully agree with the ^^^ above. Don't be the first idiot. Wait until it becomes a standardized material in medicine before anyone grabs a hypodermic and plays "pin the tail on the jackass."

Better to be alive to read about, than be the source of, the newspaper article.
Old 27-08-2008, 23:36

Male
sirdrugalot is an unknown quantity at this point

swim imagines it would be like shooting hash oil, cant see it mixing to well with your blood!!!
Old 28-08-2008, 01:49
Titanium Member

Male from New Zealand

Yeah, but we are just hypothetically talking about pure crystalline alkaloids, not resins.

Last edited by Electrolingus; 05-07-2010 at 20:56.
Old 28-08-2008, 14:38

Male
sirdrugalot is an unknown quantity at this point

swim supposes if you have access to them and can be sure they are in fact the real thing. theres a lot of fake shit floating about on the net and it also seems a waste of money if its so expensive and a waste of good vain.
its bad enough putting something through liver your not 100% sure about let alone straight into your blood stream.
perhaps if you had extracted it your self but swim would not trust half these rip off artists on the net.

100% right about those online vendors, I'd be very skeptical. Even if stuff is strong, I doubt it really would be 'pure'
Old 25-10-2008, 01:01

Male from Canada
chilling should review received reputation comments.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1

prob would have to get a good extract and who knows if swiy would even get the desired effects from shooting it.
Old 25-10-2008, 05:05
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

actually the known active kratom alkaloids are water soluble. However, there is NO data on their use IV. People have had some very bad experiences in the past shooting unknown materials, and this one would likely be the same. Also keep in mind that on overdose on kratom consists of painful stomach cramps and malaise. This may be brought on by serum levels of alkaloids peaking too fast. SWIM would advise sticking with more tried routes. Kratom is not like heroin or other opiates in that the dose / response curve plateaus early and does not continue in a linear fashion with increasing high until respiratory depression and death.

nice
Old 28-10-2008, 22:02

57 y/o Male
lazor is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_Again View Post
Swim dont think it would be wise to inject kratom, it would be a step into dangerous territory, if I were Swiy, I would suggest sticking to what has been done already and works, why use Swiy as a lab rat....don't do it!
Old 29-10-2008, 03:12
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,438, Level: 14 Points: 9,438, Level: 14 Points: 9,438, Level: 14
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Exactly-- why do this? Heroin and morphine were designed for injection. Kratom is plant matter. Currently no one really knows which the active compounds in it are-- not the ones which produce the desired effects anyway.
Old 28-11-2008, 15:23

Male
j2lo0se should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

These are the exact ideas that if carried out and end up horribly wrong, will then draw attention to these legal substances and get them banned.
Don't do it.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:33
Titanium Member

Male from New Zealand

What are people talking about -'Heroin and morphine are made for injection, kratom is plant matter'

I mean, seriously people. If you don't remember, morphine is 'plant material' and heroin is derived from it. 7-acetoxy mitragynine is a good analogy to heroin.

Just because something comes from a plant, doesn't mean one can't purify it. And why this mystique about injection? People have smoked, snorted, eaten, god knows what else with all these substances, something can be purified and dissolved and injected with no more harm to the body than the smoking of it would cause.

This thread, IMO, keeps going off topic, from the possibility that kratom alkaloids/salts thereof could ever be injectable onto another topic altogether, whether or not it's 'advisable to try' injecting some crap from online vendors.

So, in case one is wondering, NO, [there are a million reasons why] my friend would never recommend injecting some crap from online vendors, but they wouldn't recommend injecting opium either, because the form is inappropriate.

BUT every day patients in hospitals are injected with pure, clean morphine and heroin, with no ill effect arising directly from the injection of the drugs. So injecting those pure drugs is a world away from injecting opium, just as the possibility of injecting purified kratom alkaloids is a world away from injecting some 'extract' bought off the internet [which again, is something my friend would never advocate]

Last edited by Electrolingus; 05-07-2010 at 20:05. Reason: SI

Share this on:

Tags
bad ideas, injection, mitragynine, snorting drugs