Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Codeine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 06-12-2008, 18:27

Male
Dr. Mario needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Rectal administration of codeine

by how much would SWIM guesstimate plugging codeine saves you...
I mean is 100 mg worth 150 mg when administered via anus.. is it even worth it? SWIM has no problem if it saves money... SWIM is poor as fuck so whatever... who cares; if i can conserve my opiates thats awsome.... please get back to me on this... im not looking for an exact answear just a genral estimate from people who know about this....... Thanks
Old 06-12-2008, 18:33
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.
Re: codeine in the ass

well according to some research SWIM did, it should increase effects at least 150 percent for other opiates. The only thing with codeine is part of its activity is a result of being de-methylated by the liver, so plugging may not make it go that much faster. ZSw`im doesn't really know what to tell you for codeine since it is ilegal in his country with out a prescription, and for the effort he would rather have something stronger like hydrocodone, which is prescribed for roughly the same conditions
Old 08-12-2008, 03:01
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
JarvyJarvison is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rectal administration of codeine

Rectal administration of codeine would probably greatly weaken the effects and make onset slower because this route bypasses first-pass metabolism in the liver where the codeine is metabolized into its active metabolites (mainly morphine).
Old 27-01-2009, 23:26
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Routemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Well SWIM tried this with dihydrocodeine (which unlike codeine doesn't need to be metabolised by the liver to become active) in this way and it was SUPERB...at least as strong as the first time he ever tried it orally (which was a smaller dose in any case), probably as strong as a pretty high dose (for this SWIMmer) of poppy tea. Well worth the effort and temporary discomfort.

You could sidestep the question of liver metabolism by just using DHC instead, it's scarcely more expensive than codeine. Just beware that a given dose will be SIGNIFICANTLY stronger when plugged than glugged.
Old 29-01-2009, 00:22
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
DHCletsmeBe is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 152, Level: 2 Points: 152, Level: 2 Points: 152, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routemaster Flash View Post
Well SWIM tried this with dihydrocodeine (which unlike codeine doesn't need to be metabolised by the liver to become active) in this way and it was SUPERB...at least as strong as the first time he ever tried it orally (which was a smaller dose in any case), probably as strong as a pretty high dose (for this SWIMmer) of poppy tea. Well worth the effort and temporary discomfort.

You could sidestep the question of liver metabolism by just using DHC instead, it's scarcely more expensive than codeine. Just beware that a given dose will be SIGNIFICANTLY stronger when plugged than glugged.
What would swiy think would be the anal dose equivalent of 200mg oral?
Old 29-01-2009, 19:33
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Routemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHCletsmeBe View Post
What would swiy think would be the anal dose equivalent of 200mg oral?
Please don't mistake this for a professional medical opinion, but SWIM thought it was maybe twice as strong that way, so see what 100mg does.
Old 29-01-2009, 19:49
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
DHCletsmeBe is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 152, Level: 2 Points: 152, Level: 2 Points: 152, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routemaster Flash View Post
Please don't mistake this for a professional medical opinion, but SWIM thought it was maybe twice as strong that way, so see what 100mg does.
Swim has only 40mg IR pills for now so he will try 120mg if he decides to do it. His tolerance is fairly high at this point so even if turns out to be 2.5x or even 3x effective (doubtful) he'll be ok. If he does I will post his experience here.
Old 28-01-2010, 00:10

24 y/o Male
hellbent is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

It works. SWIM tried it for the sake of science. Usually it takes SWIM 90 mg of Tylenol w/ codeine to get high but SWIM shot 32 mg rectally and it was equal.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:11
Palladium Member

28 y/o Male from Canada
I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.
Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5

SWIM has used codeine for 3 years, and he can tell SWIY, it doesn't get SWIM any higher than taken orally. The only reason it fools some people into believing it does is because the buzz does come on quite a bit faster, but it only lasts half of the time of an oral dose. SWIY should save his codeine, and just take it orally. Anyone who tells SWIY they experienced otherwise, is just experiencing placebo.

If SWIY is starting to take large doses, then he should consider cold water extractions.

The only opiate/opioid type drugs that SWIM has found usefull when administered rectally, is morphone based drugs, Pethidine type(demerol) and of course, Dihydrocodeine because of its low oral bioavailability. This drug really shines when hit in the bum. Its like a totally different drug when used rectally.

But don't put codeine in SWIY's bum, not worth it. SWIY will go through his codeine twice as fast, and no better of a buzz. Plus if swiy just crushes three pills in a glass and adds water, then drinks, the buzz will come on just as fast as rectally, but it still only lasts for about 1.5-2 hours, unless tolerance is very,very low to none. Once the pills are crushed and added to water, it doesn't matter how its administered, it will only last half as long as taking the tablets whole by oral ROA.

If SWIY could get his hands on some Dihydrocdoeine, then SWIM recommends, it is just wonderful when used rectally. For SWIM, 60mgs of dihydrocodeine shot up the bum in a syringe or turkey baster, is better than 60mgs of morphine taken orally. But that has to do with morphines low bioavailability. DHC also lasts much longer than codeine. With the right dose, even when used rectally, the buzz lasts for about 4-6 hours.

A rule of thumb for SWIM is, if the opiate has a low oral bioavailability, then he always plugs it.

Take care
Old 22-02-2010, 22:32
Banned

Male
Dr_Janus is an unknown quantity at this point

Rectal administration of codeine is POINTLESS.

Codeine must be metabolised in the liver to Morphine in order for the user to derive any opioid effects from it's dosage. Using codeine any other way reduces it's potency 100x and renders it virtually useless.

Codeine should only be taken orally.

Swim feels like he's posted this a million times, but here goes again :

Codeine must be metabolized to C6G by UGT 2B7 (uridine diphosphate glucuronosyl transferase) in the liver, and, only about 5% of said codeine is metabolized (by cytochrome P450 CYP2D6) into morphine.

Any other administration bypasses this process and renders codeine useless and none if it is metabolised into morphine.

Last edited by Dr_Janus; 05-03-2010 at 13:19.
Old 15-03-2010, 20:35
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
starsickboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

My pet duck-billed platypus said to me:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6683976

If the codeine enters the bloodstream, it must pass through the liver, where it will metabolize into morphine.

I plug it all the time, and it works just as good and you won't have to puke it up once you swallow

This is my first post. I love weak opiates that makes you fuzzy but still functional.........Thanx for your time

Post Quality Evaluations:
please do not self incriminate
Useful post backed up with a scientific paper

Last edited by Helene; 17-03-2010 at 13:13. Reason: self incrimination
Old 15-03-2010, 20:49
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from England
psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.
Points: 1,865, Level: 6 Points: 1,865, Level: 6 Points: 1,865, Level: 6

Codeine has a very high oral bio-availability so rectal use will only increase it by around 10%. Plugging does work since it will still pass through the liver after it has entered the bloodstream. SWIM has plugged 220mg of codeine and found it stronger than taking the same orally although taking it orally with a few ant-acids would likely have the same effect.

Just found this:
Quote:
Rectal versus oral absorption of codeine phosphate in man
Frits Moolenaar *, Germ Grasmeijer, Jan Visser, Dirk K. F. Meijer
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics, State University of Groningen, Ant. Deusinglaan 2, 9713 A W Groningen, The Netherlands

*Correspondence to Frits Moolenaar, Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics, State University of Groningen, Ant. Deusinglaan 2, 9713 A W Groningen, The Netherlands

Keywords
Codeine • Rectal bioavailability • Micro-enemas • Suppositories

Abstract
Rectal absorption of codeine phosphate from various dosage forms was studied in man. The rectal dosage forms included aqueous solutions and fatty suppositories. A comparison was made with an orally administered solution. The plasma concentrations of codeine were measured by means of HPLC analysis after a single dose of 60 mg codeine phosphate in a cross-over study in 7 volunteers. Compared with oral dosing rectal absorption from an aqueous solution or a fatty suppository produced an almost identical plasma concentration profile with similar interindividual variations. Comparing the absorption rate characteristics it appeared that rectal absorption from an alkaline solution containing codeine phosphate proceeded significantly (P < 005) more rapid than after oral dosing. No essential difference in bioavailability was observed between the various rectal and oral dosage forms.
Received: 26 July 1982; Revised: 15 October 1982
So looks like there actually isn't much point plugging codeine. It has 90% oral bioavailability anyways so just take it with a couple of ranitidines or calcium carbonate tablets an hour before hand.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good answer with source!

Last edited by psychedelaholic; 16-03-2010 at 17:34.
Old 19-07-2010, 16:38

Female from Canada
kitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_8_my yellow crayon View Post
SWIM has used codeine for 3 years, and he can tell SWIY, it doesn't get SWIM any higher than taken orally. The only reason it fools some people into believing it does is because the buzz does come on quite a bit faster, but it only lasts half of the time of an oral dose. SWIY should save his codeine, and just take it orally. Anyone who tells SWIY they experienced otherwise, is just experiencing placebo.

If SWIY is starting to take large doses, then he should consider cold water extractions.

The only opiate/opioid type drugs that SWIM has found usefull when administered rectally, is morphone based drugs, Pethidine type(demerol) and of course, Dihydrocodeine because of its low oral bioavailability. This drug really shines when hit in the bum. Its like a totally different drug when used rectally.

But don't put codeine in SWIY's bum, not worth it. SWIY will go through his codeine twice as fast, and no better of a buzz. Plus if swiy just crushes three pills in a glass and adds water, then drinks, the buzz will come on just as fast as rectally, but it still only lasts for about 1.5-2 hours, unless tolerance is very,very low to none. Once the pills are crushed and added to water, it doesn't matter how its administered, it will only last half as long as taking the tablets whole by oral ROA.

If SWIY could get his hands on some Dihydrocdoeine, then SWIM recommends, it is just wonderful when used rectally. For SWIM, 60mgs of dihydrocodeine shot up the bum in a syringe or turkey baster, is better than 60mgs of morphine taken orally. But that has to do with morphines low bioavailability. DHC also lasts much longer than codeine. With the right dose, even when used rectally, the buzz lasts for about 4-6 hours.

A rule of thumb for SWIM is, if the opiate has a low oral bioavailability, then he always plugs it.

Take care
Swim has a question for swiy, yellow crayon eater (love your user name, btw!). Swim just received some 120mg DHC Continus and would like to try plugging it. Swim's heard from other sources that an enema is key or the liquid will get stuck in your poop and be useless. BUT, listening to a sex show one day about anal sex, the expert's opinion was that the beginning part of your bum is sort of like a "hallway", no poop there unless you you have to actually go. Swim's curious if swiy uses an enema or just goes for it! Thank you

Share this on:

Tags
anal dosing, codeine, codeine administration, plugging, rectal administration