Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Opium & Poppy
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 02-08-2007, 00:34
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United States
GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Opium from dried poppy pod

SWIM is thinking about buying some dried pods, initially to make tea with, but he read a few sources that stated using a similar procedure can yield actual opium. From what I've read, it seems as though the procedure is exactly the same for the production of tea, but one finishes it by evaporating the water either by oven or microwave. SWIM is curious if this is even possible, and if it is, what type of settings these devices should be on as well as any changes necessary in the tea procedure.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:10
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Antigua and Barbuda
vantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way up
Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2
Re: Opium from dried poppy pod

I belive its possible, but not with the precedure you gave.

Atleast not a quality product.

From chem forum:http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...658#post190658
Old 14-08-2007, 02:03

Male
Emmajs is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1

What you'll get is a concentrated pod putty, close to opium just not smokeable. Check the link given.
Old 15-08-2007, 04:59
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
ironmics is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 320, Level: 2 Points: 320, Level: 2 Points: 320, Level: 2

This guy I know had a good idea about a possible smoking solution for putty. He is an avid shisha smoker and thought to himself if the putty was mixed with a bit of shisha and smoked over a period of time that it could have some results. He has not tried yet, but is going to make a few pounds worth of seed putty in the near future.
Old 19-08-2007, 16:06
Gold Member

Female from Earth
Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.
Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5
Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmajs View Post
What you'll get is a concentrated pod putty, close to opium just not smokeable. Check the link given.

it is smokeable on foil, but not so much for opium pipe smoking. this more better for oral consumptions some monkeys powder it finely and snort with some effect, swia not tried she prefers it with strong alcohol to make laudanum for oral use.
Old 24-08-2007, 13:08
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce View Post
SWIM is thinking about buying some dried pods, initially to make tea with, but he read a few sources that stated using a similar procedure can yield actual opium. From what I've read, it seems as though the procedure is exactly the same for the production of tea, but one finishes it by evaporating the water either by oven or microwave. SWIM is curious if this is even possible, and if it is, what type of settings these devices should be on as well as any changes necessary in the tea procedure.
i have in fact just recently had some experience with this very same thing you have mentioned.

The dried heads were first ground up to a fairly corse powder (this helps because it makes the surface are of the total much larger for extraction, because alot of small particles will yeild a larger total surface are than one large thing). Then they were steeped in hot (not boiling or bubbling of ANY kind) water for about an hour to extract all of the water soluable substances from the pods. This was then strained thru a coffee filter and ended up being an amber colored liquid. this liquid was then put back onto heat (AGAIN NOT ENOUGH HEAT TO MAKE IT BOIL OR BUBBLE IN ANY WAY) just enough heat to help the water evaporate quicker, enough to make the liquid steam is all you need. once it has almost reached the point of loosing all its water content it was taken off heat and allowed to cool naturally, once it has done this it also looses most the water content it has left. the resulting residue on the bottom of the pot was scraped up and left to dry for a further day or two so that it really had lost the majority of its water content. this was then repeated again but by disolving the resulting residue in 10 times its own volume of water and re-cooked in the same way as above (there is a reason for this - it produces a cleaner more smokable form which is higher in active alkaloid content). this produced a VERY amber colored almost flaked and crystaline residue which was awesome for smoking apparently. these heads or pods, whatever ya wanna call them, were also apparently dried by someones aunt back in 1997, and it STILL worked, heh, who knew huh? cheers.
Old 24-08-2007, 17:37
Gold Member

Female from Earth
Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.
Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5
Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9%

[QUOTE=samuraigecko;304964 this produced a VERY amber colored almost flaked and crystaline residue which was awesome for smoking apparently. [/QUOTE]

That is what swiy people should have when they come to smoke it by vaporizing. i.e not heating directly.

very nice and dreamy..
Old 25-08-2007, 05:38
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
That is what swiy people should have when they come to smoke it by vaporizing. i.e not heating directly.

very nice and dreamy..
SWIM definably concurs. cheers.
Old 31-01-2008, 01:12
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
ironmics is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 320, Level: 2 Points: 320, Level: 2 Points: 320, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia View Post

very nice and dreamy..
My friend has one of those cheap metal pipes that they have at all head shops. They unscrew so you can change the orientation around. He changed it so you could heat a screen in the bowl from the bottom. This way one could suck the flame close to the opium and not touch it. It was very handy for him.
Old 29-11-2008, 21:20
Banned

34 y/o Male
darkbreed is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Extracting smokeable Opium from dried or fresh pods and poppies

The Bird told me his some time ago:

After some experimenting I have come up with a new method to obtain a smokeable product from tea. Or rather, how to extract opium from pods either fresh or dry.

1. Take pods, dried or fresh, and freeze them
2. Add 4 parts water for each 1 part pod material into a blender and grind it up good
3. Pour it over in a mug or similar, stirr it well for some minutes, then let it sit for about 1 hour in room temp.
4. Strain it to discard the biggest chunks, use a strainer with fairly big holes.
5. Fill the upper brown and most clear layer over into a bottle, let the rest stay in the mug
6. Extract the goo and particles left in the mug with more water, like was done with the pods in step 2 and 3.
7. Strain and pour this solution also over into the bottle
8. Shake bottle and put in a freezer (Dont cap the bottle, could explode if pressure expands it while freezing)
9. When half the solution in the bottle has frozen filtrate it with a cloth (t-shirts work fine) and discard the ice.
10. Put the solution back into bottle, shake it well, freeze it down again like in step 8 and 9.
11. Take this second filtrated solution and evaporate it in a pot placed in a larger pot with cooking water (warm bath)
12. The brown substance left in the smaller pot when evaporated, sometimes a bit like mexican tar, can be smoked.

This type of Morphine salt extracted with this method is highly soluble in cold water
No need for any acidic chemicals in the process, no ascorbic acid, lemon juice, etc. This makes it less soluble.
The morphine stays in the water, the junk in the ice that you discard.

You could further extract what you will get in step 12 to obtain an even purer extract.

And here is another related extraction method told to me by a friend, which I used parts of in doing my original extraction in first post of this thread. Here is a copy of what he told me:

Ok here is what a friend of mine told me, whom I lost contact with so I can't ask him more questions etc. Its a bit messy but maybe you get the point. Also if anyone with experience got reccommandations to this method etc please share it, and if anyone would make this into an easy to understand step-by-step method that would be very nice. Here we go;

" have u personal experience with extracting smokeable opium from dried poppies?"

"yes..... i was working on a process when i left
I'm thinking about the whole plants, roots also, heard they contain high morphine content
improving it
yeah, I met this guy right before I left who was making ounces of alkaloid xtract
used a cold ch3OH (metanol) xtraction w/ blender
then he added water to the green filtered juice
to precipitate unwanted stuff
filtered again....
may have stopped there... not sure
I got a pretty good method without methanol
just before I left...or developed it
Well... I'd probably try two ways... cuz i'm not sure yet which is best
but I'll describe my personal discoveries
first put the wet plants in the freezer
take them out the next day
dry them to crunchyness
(freeze - thaw broke up plant tissues for you)
then figure out how to get them ground up pretty fine....
I was using an electric coffe grinder for small amts...
but the freeze thaw means everthing comes out in room temp acidic h2o vey easily
so you might not have to grind them too much
soak.... 20 minutes or so...
In water with say 1/4 valume vinegar... or just go to ph 3 or 4 ... if you've got paper
then... filter the liquid...
(taste your filtered plant material (chew it) to see if you can detect the alkaloid taste present in the un extracted
(do the cold tea at least twice ...
now...
here's the neat part
Add ammonia (cleaning ammonia) or NaOH diluted a bit...
untill you see a precipitate form in your clear filtered solution...
yay! pure alkaloids
you just gotta figure out how to get them out... they are freebases now...
seems best to convert them back to the hcl salt after you have filterd them out
smoking freebase morphine etc...doesn't seem to work that well...
I found that it was so fine it went thru my coffee filters
I don't much like smoking raw opium...but have you heard about the cooked opium process..
its not raw opium that would be left in filtered solution mentioned above when evaporated
if you skip the ammonia and hcl step
But, if you have the latex black stuff..... you kinda get something similar...
but the plant has like...chlorophyll and stuff...that came out during the tea process that aint fun to smoke
If I remember you kinda get a black oil... but there's no latex in it
as that is insoluble
just other junk
which you don't get in raw opium...
but.... I was doing so many variations... not sure if i ever tried just drying it out before the precipitastion
collecting the dried opium from sliced pods is the only way to get raw opium yes... but if you do my precipitation you get something better...
pretty much a pure crystalyzed alkaloid mixture
compared to raw or cooked opium its far better for your lungs
have you had the cooked?
it's perhaps the same to 2X the strength
raw is like 1/4 the strength of cooked
cooked is really good....almost like smoking H
I think I told you my most recent understandings...
when you basify you want to add use enough...
that it doesn't seem to be getting cloudier anymore...
otherwise you'll leave good stuff in the sol'n
I found that if you heated it to near boiling next
the precip coagulated a bit... and would settle to the bottom
so I could draw off the liquid at the top
and wash it with basic water....wait settle...
good chem grade precipitate collecting filter papers might all
allow
you to avoid that tho
try to use low volume of liquid to extract the plants...
you want as concentrated a solution as possible
without having to boil it down... opiate HCl salts are _extremely- soluble in H2o
like 1gram per 2 ml or something ourageous like that
anyway.... that gives you some basis to xperiment on...
if you discover better things tell me.... and the methanol...
It still might be the way to go...but you get all these irritating lipids...and the latex dissolves...
maybe extracting with it... allowing easy evaporation
to near dryness...then acidified water... might dissolve mostly good stuff."

Thats it, enjoy!
Old 15-01-2009, 04:05
Banned

34 y/o Male
Smokeable extract from tea or pods, fresh or dry

This is an older post of SWIM from somewhere else but he figured he could share it here as well as some may find it useful and it is pretty easy to do.

So, SWIM said:

After some experimenting I have come up with a new method to obtain a smokeable product from tea. Or rather, how to extract "opium" from pods either fresh or dry.

1. Take pods, dried or fresh, and freeze them
2. Add 4 parts water for each 1 part pod material into a blender and grind it up good
3. Pour it over in a mug or similar, stirr it well for some minutes, then let it sit for about 1 hour in room temp.
4. Strain it to discard the biggest chunks, use a strainer with fairly big holes.
5. Fill the upper brown and most clear layer over into a bottle, let the rest stay in the mug
6. Extract the goo and particles left in the mug with more water, like was done with the pods in step 2 and 3.
7. Strain and pour this solution also over into the bottle
8. Shake bottle and put in a freezer (Dont cap the bottle, could explode if pressure expands it while freezing)
9. When half the solution in the bottle has frozen filtrate it with a cloth (t-shirts work fine) and discard the ice.
10. Put the solution back into bottle, shake it well, freeze it down again like in step 8 and 9.
11. Take this second filtrated solution and evaporate it in a pot placed in a larger pot with cooking water (warm bath)
12. The brown substance left in the smaller pot when evaporated, sometimes a bit like mexican tar, can be smoked.

This type of Morphine salt extracted with this method is highly soluble in cold water
No need for any acidic chemicals in the process, no ascorbic acid, lemon juice, etc. This makes it less soluble.
The morphine stays in the water, the junk in the ice that you discard.

Thats basically it, have fun.

To put it short, the alkaloids you want are highly soluble in cold water, and the plant fat and material you dont want is not. As I described you get the things you want in the solution you get from this procedure, and the stuff you don't want is in the ice discarded etc. Bigger particles and plant matter etc is entrapped by the ice during the process while the smaller ones such as the morphine is pushed away with the water, thus the ice will contain a lot of the unwanted material and little of the morphine, while the water will contain a lot of the morphine and very little of the unwanted stuff.

But, there will always be some traces of the good stuff left in the discarded material, so you could extract this further to gain more, or just simply make tea out of it and drink that before smoking the product you get from the method i have described here.

And yes, smoking it requires less amount of the product than by drinking it as tea, so you get more doses.

You could of course do more processing on the final product from the above technique to make it more pure or convert it into other substances but that is not something which will be mentioned here.

Sidenote:

Reccommand information from DEA, cultivation, extractions, convertions from morphine to acetylmorphine etc:
http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/intel/20026/20026.html
Old 15-01-2009, 13:35
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Re: Smokeable extract from tea or pods, fresh or dry

Similar to the CFO process only simpler and less processed (not as clean).

The morphine that is left is not a morphine salt but in raw alkaloidal form. To form a salt one needs to perform a chemical "wash" of sorts with HCl or some other acid (It is more complicated than that but no time to go into it right now). There are also a number of other alkaloids left in that mix including Thebaine, Papaverine, Narcotine, Codeine, etc.

Acetylating the Morphine should only be done if the majority of the Morphine can be stripped from the solution with as small a Codeine taint as possible. Acetylated Codeine is toxic to humans.

Peace

Last edited by samuraigecko; 15-01-2009 at 13:41. Reason: added
Old 15-01-2009, 14:52
Banned

34 y/o Male

Yes, as mentioned there will be other things in the final product and not pure morphine salt. As said, it can be processed further to purify it by other means. Though, it is fine in the state it is after the above procedure for smoking purposes and quick and easy for anyone to do without any chemical knowledge or special precautions needed during the process, nor any hard to get substances / items / chemicals etc.

SWIM has confirmed the potency of the end product of the above method and so has friends and other swimmers

What is the CFO? Can you give a link?
Old 16-01-2009, 02:45
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Not including morphine salt, not even morphine salt, just morphine in its raw alkaloidal form. Morphine needs to be converted into a salt. - hydrochloride salt, sulfate salt, even an acetate. Codeine generally gets converted into a phosphate salt for medical use. All raw alkaloidal forms are converted to a salt before being used in the medical industry. (This is for PO, IM, SC and IV use because the body will absorb a salt more efficiently).

This is not to say that raw alkaloidal forms are not bioavailable in something such as CPS, PPT, CFO, Raw Latex or even just pods in raw powder form. Its just that in a salt form it performs better, being absorbed by the GIT quicker, crossing the BBB quicker, Having a better lipid solubility (one of the major reasons for a HCl, sulfate form in medicine).

Basically salt forms are not present in opium until it has been extracted and processed into a salt form, everything else until then is a raw alkaloid.

"The improved guide. . . " is the CFO link, in the stickies in this section of the forum.
CFO is "cooked opium" or "flake opium" . . . similar to what is above but a little more advanced producing a much more refined and pure end result.

Hope this has been of help

Last edited by samuraigecko; 16-01-2009 at 02:49. Reason: added
Old 16-01-2009, 03:05
Banned

34 y/o Male

Thanks for the info. And yes I'm aware of the morphine in other forms such as the salts you mention are more potent but the method above was aimed at those who wanted a quick and easy way of getting smokeable material, which is nice and potent enough, from their pods, fresh or dry. No chemicals or anything needed at all, only water, pods and a freezer. Of course if one want to purify the product, following your suggestions would be useful

Thanks for the info
Old 16-01-2009, 23:44
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbreed View Post
Thanks for the info. And yes I'm aware of the morphine in other forms such as the salts you mention are more potent but the method above was aimed at those who wanted a quick and easy way of getting smokeable material, which is nice and potent enough, from their pods, fresh or dry. No chemicals or anything needed at all, only water, pods and a freezer. Of course if one want to purify the product, following your suggestions would be useful

Thanks for the info
Of course. SWIM was just trying to help by pointing out that the alkaloids are not already present in a salt form (as was suggested by SWIyour earlier post). Raw alkaloidal forms are great for either smoking or ingestion, it is just that salt forms are more bioavailable and efficiently used by the body. CFO does not process these alkaloids into a salt form, it just refines things down so that the raw alkaloidal form available is as concentrated as possible making for a better smokable end result.

This was is great for the person not to worried about potency and is more concerned about time.

Peace
Old 23-08-2009, 11:35
Silver Member

Male
TritStyle is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1

a gnome said that when she evapped tea that the time she got amber powder didnt seem to work as well(on top of weed probably) as when a hard brown putty(barely flexable - much harder then putty) resulted, and was chopped into 1-2mm size pieces and smoked in a makeshift pipe.

Lawn ornament also indicated a (specific, reliable) method of reduction not seen by her on the net:

-Boil water in teapot
-grind pods in a blender
-fill bottom of a french press with pod powder
-fill with water that WAS boiling but now is just below boiling temp(3-5X pod volume of water)
-wait desired time(20 mins) shake and stir as desired
-Pour water into some other temp container
-Clean french press
-More pods in french press
-use the water from before(double extraction)
-pour out water through best available filter
(HERES THE NEW PARTS)
-pour filtered water(hopefully dark) into widest shallow flat bottomed glass pan available
- let sit somewhere for 2 days (probably best dark - gnome left out in light uncovered)
- nasty slimy beige skin forms on the top, filter that crap best u can
- before bedtime, warm up over to lowest setting(170f)
- turn off oven. put shallow pan in and crash out till the next afternoon
- wake up and remember about the oven thing
- scrape whatever u want to call it from bottom of pan into ball(using straight razor blade) and gnomes can get thier buzz on.

Double extraction and filtering the scum off, plus a slow evaporation should leave gnomes with some good shit.

another gnome fave is to make strong tea then make a batch of sugarless ICED tea. The sugar replacements tend to be plenty strong to mask most of any nasty taste, and what gnomes do taste is good because thats proof its going to fuck gnomes up. Buzzed by the end of the first cup and gnomes can stay buzzed all day and night if desired. Good luck, but your gnome has gotta be pretty stupid to fuck this up - peace

TritStyle added 9 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Reasons for tiny 1-2mm squares or balls is the same as powdering for extraction: more surface area. If gnomes try to burn into a bigger piece of the product, they have to use more heat and destroy the goods before they can consume them. Trust the gnomes, they are experienced.

Also when gnomes get good at doing this PATIENTLY and slowly, they will notice much better results. Also good to leave the brown putty in the sun as this will lower the moisture content. This is how the mideast farmers dry thier shit, so you should too. Too much moisture and gnomes wont be able to vaporize the goods without destroying them. this aint simple but it aint hard. hardest part is being patient. thats why gnomes got good at it, they just sit there all day.

Last edited by TritStyle; 23-08-2009 at 11:35. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-01-2010, 01:22
Silver Member

43 y/o Male from Argentina
Mahavatar is captain of the psychonauts.Mahavatar is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 325, Level: 2 Points: 325, Level: 2 Points: 325, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Extracting smokeable opium from fresh or dry poppies (pods and plants)

Not sure if I should post this here or in the "Newbie Chemistry" section, so Mods feel free to move.

After some experimenting Ducky have come up with a new method to obtain a smokeable product from poppy. Or rather, how to extract opium from pods either fresh or dry - stems may also be used.

1. Take pods, dried or fresh, and freeze them (stems can also be used here)
2. Add 4 parts water for each 1 part pod/stem material into a blender and grind it up good. Using a blender works good, and do the pods/stems first to make it easier calculate the 4 parts of water needed and mix in and blend more.
3. Pour it over in a mug or similar, stirr it well for some minutes, then let it sit for about 1 hour in room temp. You could let it sit longer to get more extracted, try several hours, or a day if you want.
5. Pour the upper mostly clear brown layer over into a bottle, let the rest stay in the mug
7. Strain and pour this solution also over into the bottle of step 5.
12. The brown substance left in the smaller pot when evaporated, sometimes a bit like mexican tar, can be smoked. This should be potent and fairly clean product.

This type of Morphine salt extracted with this method is highly soluble in cold water, while other plant material and alkaloids are not.
No need for any acidic chemicals in the process, no ascorbic acid, lemon juice, etc. This makes it less soluble and can also degrade the morphine salt into less soluble compounds.

The morphine stays in the water, the junk in the ice that you discard. The morphine molecules are small and easily "pushed" into the water rather than being trapped by the ice, while larger molecules, such as other plant material, saccharides, peptides etc do not move easily and are trapped in the ice.

You could refine the product further from here if wanted, but this is as good as it gets the easiest way. And the specially good part is that with this method you can get your smokeable opium from even dry pods and thus do not need to collect from fresh latex.

Also, if preferred, the end product could be consumed in appropriate dosages either by dissolving into a tea, or stuff into capsules, or what suits you.

Mahavatar added 3 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Sidenote to MODS:
I notice there is a subforum called "Opium and Poppy" which might be more suitable place for this thread.

-M

Last edited by Mahavatar; 21-01-2010 at 01:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-01-2010, 01:33

Male from United States
drew87 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Re: Extracting smokeable opium from fresh or dry poppies (pods and plants)

Swim says:

dude, really nice thread...im in the coast guard so i dont have very many opportunities to dabble in opiates but when a small window of opens (very rare) it is great because i have absolutely no tolerance and absolutely no withdrawal cuz its usually just a one day thing when im the officer on duty watching our patrol boat...you know so it doesnt float away or anything. anyway when i get the chance im deffinately gonna try this!

Post Quality Evaluations:
No self incrimination - youve been here long enough to know this rule!

Last edited by Helene; 22-01-2010 at 11:31. Reason: self incrimination
Old 21-01-2010, 01:43
Silver Member

Mahavatar is captain of the psychonauts.Mahavatar is captain of the psychonauts.

Of course you are referring to a dream, when referring to "you" and "I" and so on in your post , and not real events or anything you would actually do. Read rules, and search SWIM ("Someone Whom Isnt Me). When posting, post in third perspective or by describing dreams and so on.

But yes, someone who is not you of course can give the above a try, and report back on how it went, always interested in comments and input . On Ducky's behalf of course!
Old 21-01-2010, 20:54

Male from United States
drew87 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1

ohh duuhh! its been a while since swim has posted in a forum like this...swim was on my computer and refereing to himself in the first...ill have to have a word with swim!
Old 22-01-2010, 01:40
Silver Member

Ducky sends his regards, and hope that someone will have nice dreams using this extraction technique. It is extremely easy and yet extremely good, giving high potent yields.

And since the only solution needed is water, no dangers or hazards even for the most amateur cooker. No chemistry knowledge needed as with other acid/base extractions etc, and no hard to get solvents or other material.

So, probably both the easiest as well as safest method that exists - at least to Duckys knowledge. He highly recommends people try dream with this method instead of the more tedious and complex extraction methods.

A small note: If using dry material soak it in water before freezing. The point of the freezing as first step is to break the cellular structure to make the cells rupture and allow for easier extraction.

Nice dreams!
Old 26-01-2010, 00:30
Silver Member

As a note, remember that poppies can have great variation in potency, so anyone dreaming with the mentioned high-efficient extraction method should always start with a small dose to test the potency of their batch. When smoking this is generally not a problem, but if consuming the extract orally it is of quite importance. ALWAYS start low on every new batch so you know the potency and can dose properly from there on.

The method here will give high potency and strong effects and be of very pure result.

It is originally intended for obtaining a smokeable "opium" from either fresh or dry poppies (pods and stems work), but as many prefer to consume it orally this is worth mentioning and being aware of.

People whom only have acccess to dry pods will now have a method of easily getting smokeable material from their dry stuff too, which many people whom do not have fresh ones often dream about.

-M
Old 26-01-2010, 11:50

56 y/o Male
popdreamer should review received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Hello to all and very nice post,swim has about 1000 grams of grinded up pods,could swim use the powder he already has or does he need to reorder?

popdreamer added 15 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Sorry, but very new to posting,what swim was asking is it ok to freeze the power swim has or does he need to start this with whole pods? Also can someone help with swim finding other extract ways,sorry but swim will master the site asap.

Last edited by popdreamer; 26-01-2010 at 11:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 27-01-2010, 23:55
Silver Member

Using pre-grinded pods should work fine. Just follow the steps as normal from 1 to 12 and the yield should be good.

Could be worth doing a test with a quarter of the amount first just to see since so much powder is available. With such an amount you probably would have to split it into several batches in any case unless you have very big mugs and bottles.

-Friend of D

Mahavatar added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

PS. Moisten the powder with some water BEFORE freezing in step 1, as explained earlier.

Mahavatar added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

PS 2: After the cold water extraction in the original post here, one could save the left-over pod material and try get some extra out of it by the normal tea-coookign procedure or other extraction methods. Then one could either administrate them separately to test if one is more potent than the other, or simply mix them to be sure to have as much goodies as possible in one solution.

Last edited by Mahavatar; 27-01-2010 at 23:55. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol extraction, dry pods