Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis > Cooking with Cannabis
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cooking with Cannabis Recipes for cannabutter, hashbrownies and other high cuisine.

Old 04-08-2005, 00:28
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Diphenhydramine is captain of the psychonauts.Diphenhydramine is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 1,645, Level: 6 Points: 1,645, Level: 6 Points: 1,645, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Cannabis into Alcohol

sorry, didn't see that...

but that still doesn't answer my question. I don't want to mix
guiness, milk, and weed. I want to mix a hard liqour (preferably
rum). I know people who have done this with vodka and some old
stems. SWIM wants to mix actual ground up nugs with rum or
something and would like info for that.

Old 04-08-2005, 05:48

Male from United States
korky8097 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 481, Level: 3 Points: 481, Level: 3 Points: 481, Level: 3
Just let ground bud soak in as high a proof of alcohol as you can,
vodka works but everclear is better. Let it sit for maybe like a
day or 2, shake it every so often, strain and there you go. Buy
a coffee grinder to grind the buds.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:31

jack3337 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
can you not just smoke up then have a drink??
Old 04-08-2005, 18:22
Gold Member

27 y/o Male
Chaote is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 1,143, Level: 5 Points: 1,143, Level: 5 Points: 1,143, Level: 5
^^
This eliminates smoking so it is healthier, or just unhealthy in a different way (liver) and ive also heard it is a better high
Old 05-08-2005, 04:05

Male
Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3

Tincture of Cannabis . . . it's a eye-popper.

When you soak Pot in alcohol (or oil), the THC (and other cannabinoids) absorb into it. When you do this in alcohol, it's called a Tincture.

The MAIN reason a person would want to make a THC Tincture is to "dose" himself with it Under his tongue. Many medicines are prepared in a form which can be "taken" under the tongue (vitamin B-12, for instance); this method is called Sublingual (Sub = under, lingua = tongue).

When a dropper-ful of Tincture is squirted there, the alcohol acts as a catalyst; the THC is quickly absorbed into the Blood Stream. It is a different High than smoking (fast-acting, zoom for a while, quicker ending than smoked). To maximize the amount of Tincture absorbed, stretch your tongue against the roof of your mouth before squirting.

The method is simple (as korky stated above). Grind up some Pot. Throw it into a bottle (along with all of your Stems, why waste them?). Then pour in some liquor (Brandy and Everclear are whatTinctures are made with at Cannabis Buyers Clubs). The "regular" amount of alcohol is One ounce per Gram of Pot. Let it sit there. Shake it up once in a while. Most of the THC will absorb within a few hours, but you can allow it to steep for a couple days if you want (why not? Every little bit helps). Strain the mixture through a Coffee Filter. Voila! You got a batch of Tincture of Cannabis.

I keep a stead supply of Pot Tincture (I buy it in one-ounce eyedropper bottles; sometimes in two-ounce Spray bottles, if it's cheaper). I use it once or twice a week, especially when it's been a couple hours since Vaporizing. It kicks me right back into the Peak time. It's good stuff.

Now for a few questions: Do not Heat the alcohol (especially if the cap is on); it doesn't squeeze any more THC out of it. Leaving the bottle in the Light is OK (but for long-term storage, it's best to keep it in a Brown or Cobalt-blue bottle, or out of Direct Light). The Pot does not need to be ground-up into powder (but you can if you want to);an small Herb grinder is quite effective in reducing Buds into powder.Edited by: Solidly-here

Post Quality Evaluations:
very informative
The alcohol is a solvent, not a catalyst
Great post! Just what my cat wanted to know.
Old 05-08-2005, 22:13

Male from United States
Diphenhydramine is captain of the psychonauts.Diphenhydramine is captain of the psychonauts.

Thank you very much, very helpful.

I've never heard of this tincture before though. How long would a
dose last? And what would constitute this dose? This sounds
like an extremely resourceful and great way to ingest thc.

You made it sound like a full eye-dropper's worth is a single
dose? And I'm assuming it would be longer lasting if swallowed?

EDIT: did a bit of
research...http://www.kcweb.com/herb/tincture.htm They say you
should use an 80-100 proof alcohol, let it sit in a dark place for a
few days. This sounds really interesting though. Please
post any experiences with tinctures. Thanks.

Edited by: Diphenhydramine
Old 05-08-2005, 23:38

Male
Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.

More questions . . . keep asking.

First, to get the Biggest (and Quickest) kick for the buck, do NOT swallow. The Main point of using the Tincture is its powerful effect. If you drink the Tincture, it's like eating "tainted" brownies. It takes a Long time to come on (an hour, or more), the Peak lasts longer, the effects last up to 10 hours.

The Kick from Sublingual application begins in a Minute or so; the Peak comes within a half-hour. The effects wear-off at around 2 hours. This method is Great when you want to boost in a jiffy. The THC pours right inside your Blood Stream, and right into your Brain.

The dose depends on you, and how much Pot you smoke. Two droppers-ful is a pretty Good dose for me. One will provide a little Zing.

If you want to drink it, the dose is much larger (that's why it lasts so long when eaten). Half an ounce ought to do it, for a Good time. After all, a whole ounce only contains the Pot fromone Gram (and many people can smoke a half-Gram in one joint).

About the Proof of the alcohol, 60 Proof is good enough. Anything above that is ALSO good (that's why some people use Everclear, 190 Proof).
Old 06-08-2005, 02:44

Male from United States
Aw man, thank you so much. You rule for providing this info for
me (and hopefully others). I may soon experience the benefits of
a tincture, and will report back.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:17

Male from United States
korky8097 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 481, Level: 3 Points: 481, Level: 3 Points: 481, Level: 3
only problem i would have is i hear alot about people getting blisters
cuz of high proof alcohols under the tounge for long periods of
time. How long is it recomended to keep it under there?
Old 06-08-2005, 03:20
Gold Member

Male
polloloco001 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 509, Level: 3 Points: 509, Level: 3 Points: 509, Level: 3
how much pot would you put into a bottle of say 750 ml of 40 proof
vodka, if i were to do this i think i would be drinking the booze with
the pot in it, just as a kind of novelty drink that gets you high, and
you said it lasts for like several hours like brownies if you drink it.
so when im drinking 40 proof i usually drink about 1/3 of the bottle,
so how much ganja would i put in the bottle for 3 pretty heavy doses,
is it just as much as you would smoke? like if i want to get as high as
smoking a gram i should put a gram, or does not all of the thc absorb?
Old 06-08-2005, 04:06

Female from United Kingdom
Muirner is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2

So how long do u keep the tincture under your tongue? Could u put some under your tongue, and then swollow some so you'd be nice and fucked up?

Muirner
Old 06-08-2005, 04:39

Male

How much Pot is enough? Is there EVER enough?

Eating Pot-infused Brownies is the wayI am most familiar with the Dosing requirements, and length of effect. I have, however, drank Tincture a time or two. With Brownies, you have to eat about 3 times as much Pot as you would smoke. This makes for a beautiful time, because it lasts a Good, Long time.

OK, polloloco, now to your math problem. If you have a 750 ml bottle, that's about 24 ounces. You want to drink 8 ounces of Tincture. Knowing that it takes 3 times more Pot to get that same effect, you can put-in 3 Grams of Pot in that 8-ounce portion (to take the place of one Gram of smokable). This means that you can make up a whole bottle by adding 9 Grams.

If the Pot is mid-to-good Grade, you can follow this recipe. If it's Cheapo, just toss in at least twice as much. Now you say that your Vodka is 40 Proof. I haven't heard of that before (only 80 Proof), but I imagine that it has enough alcohol in it to absorb all of the THC (especially since you are making it less-strong than usual). A Novelty Drink ... a Great idea.

With drinking Tincture, the effects do not last a full 10 hours (like Brownies). One reason is, the alcohol helps the Stomach absorb the THC faster (especially on an empty stomach). The Brownies must digest over an hour or more. The way I remember it (not having taken notes at the time) is that I got a Good7 hours out of it.

Warning (well, a bit of info): When Pot is eaten/drank it affects you differently than when it is smoked. It is more Psychedelic. It comes on in waves. It CAN act as more of a Stimulant. And each person will have his own special experience.

Korky asks a Good question: How long should I keep the Tincture under my tongue? When you squirt a shot of Tincture, it immediately goes to work. But your Salivary Glands also go to work. Within a minute, the Tincture has been diluted quite a bit (and mostly has absorbed). If you happen to swallow while it's there, most of it will happily go to your Stomach. I, personally, keep it there for a minute or two. Gulp. Mmm.

As far as the Blister issue, I have never heard of it. I called a Cannabis Buyers Club, and they haven't heard of it either. I think you are safe. So, I will try to respond with my thoughts. I have swilled 80 Proof Liquor around in my mouth many times; it feels good. I have done the same with Everclear (More than twice as strong); it burns away in there (and for a long time). Whew!

It may be that these unfortunate people were squirting Hit-after-Hit of Everclear Tincture in there. I imagine it was the alcohol (not the THC) which caused this problem. Stick with 80 Proof (or 40 Proof), if you're worried about it; it has a long track record of being safe, and effective. Happy Tincturing.Edited by: Solidly-here
Old 06-08-2005, 04:48
Gold Member

Male
polloloco001 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 509, Level: 3 Points: 509, Level: 3 Points: 509, Level: 3
i meant 40 percent. i get a bit sloppy at times.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:26
Gold Member

27 y/o Male
This might be a dumb question but could you take the grass after it is strained and let it dry and still smoke it? would there be any alchohol residue that would be harmful? Would it get you high?

Also Solidly-Here would you advise this method, as in is it better than smoking a quarter or making brownies? Lets say we used your 1g to 1oz. ratio how much would we need to CONSUME to feel a medium to high "trip"?
Old 06-08-2005, 08:33

Male

No such thing as a Dumb question.

I am excited to see so much interest in Tincture of Cannabis. It is a different animal than smoked Pot. I have wondered why it hasn't been a Bigger hit.

Alcohol is amazing. If you pour a quart of it into a pan, eventually it will all evaporate away (sort of like an Oil Slick in the Ocean, all of the Oil, eventually, will evaporate). So, all of the Pot that sticks to the filter can be dried.And yes, you can smoke it. There is NO alcohol residue. But all of the THC has been removed from that Pot, and so, there is nothing in it to get High off of.

Using the 1 Gram per Ounce of Liquor method, you will end up with a "standard" amount of THC in it (this is the standard for Buyers Clubs).

As I stated above, if you are eating or drinking the Tincture, you will need to take about 3 (or even 4) times as much pot to get the same Kick, but that Kick lasts longer than when it's smoked (and its effects are different). Brownies are Great! I'm a Fan.

Question: how much would we need to CONSUME to feel a medium to high "trip"? Do you mean "High" or "Trip" (like acid)? I assume you mean to get High.

How much to get High? There are 2 methods to take Tincture: Drink it, or pop it under the tongue. With the Sublingual method, a couple eye-droppers-ful is Good for me (and This is a small amount). If you want to Rock-and-Roll, 5 droppers ought to do it (you can take them one at a time, with breaks in-between).It comes on almost immediately, but ends quickly. Try it. See if you enjoy the experience. If so, you can sing its praises.

"Is it [Tincture]better than smoking a quarter or making brownies?" Yes, and No. Smoking a Quarter is good. Making Brownies is good. Making Tincture is also good. I only eat THC once in a while. I only tongue some Tincture once or twice a week. I smoke (Vaporize)the rest of the time.

To me, Tincture has a place in my usage. I have tried it. With this practice, I know the Best times to use it. Everyone is different. So, if the question is "Which is better, smoking or Tincturing?" they BOTH are (at different times, and in different situations).
Old 06-08-2005, 15:44

Male from United States
I don't think it is popular because most people don't know about
it. I've never heard of it. My friends on the east coast
haven't heard of it. Even my friends in Cali haven't heard of
it. Plus I don't think this is something that dealers would want
to pass on if it is so efficient; they might get a bit scared people
might not need as much product, I dunno.

Going to Mexico tomorrow for a week, when I come back, SWIM is gonna
have a buddy in Cali send some chronic infused rum tincture through the
mail. Used to mail chronic-pesto.

Thanks again man.

Old 07-08-2005, 05:39
Gold Member

27 y/o Male
First off I wanna thank you solidly-here this is some gr A info, but if I wanted to drink it how much would i need for a medium to high trip, lets say medium is about 3g of p. cubenis mus.

Also lets say you could only choose one method of consumptiom Brownies (this being all baked goods), tinctures, smoke which would you hoose if you could please rate them 1,2,3. thanks a lot
Old 07-08-2005, 07:37

Male

There is psychedelic . . . and there is PSYCHEDELIC.

When I said that Tincture is MORE psychedelic than smoked Pot, I meant that it had a little more of that Zing than just smoking Pot. What I did NOT mean is: Tincture is just like LSD.

Tincture is a form of Pot where it accentuates certain aspects of being High (and has Less ofother aspects). As I said before, for me is has a stimulating quality (more like LSD's quiet speedy rush). And also, different people get differing reactions when they take it.

So, to answer your question, if you are looking for a 3-Gram P. Cubenis experience, start by drinking a Ounce of Tincture, and then take 3 Grams of P. Cubenis. In other words, Tincture will not be the same.

As far as my Choice for Pot consumption, if there was ONLY one form I could use, Number ONE is smoked (Vaporized). This is what I do the most of. Smoking allows me to get to Just a certain point of High-ness; this is important (not TOO High, not too straight).

For the Number 2 slot, I'm not sure. Brownies last a good, long time; that's pretty Fun. If I eat too much, I don't know about it for an hour or so . . . then I become quite aware that I ate too much (and keep being reminded until that Rush wears off).

Tincture isonly Really good for about an hour; this means that I would have to keep re-dosing during a long day. I guess if I had to make a guess for #2 (which will never force me to actually stop smoking it), I would pick the Brownies. One Shot, and I'm Good for the whole day.

Post Quality Evaluations:
great. helpful comments on tincture! thanks.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:38

BrugmansiaBrujo is a decent psychonaut.BrugmansiaBrujo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1
Tincture is good, brownies/cookies/ other baked goods better. Also bhang is better than tincture.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:10
Gold Member

27 y/o Male
What is bhang iv heard of it before but had no idea what it is
Old 09-08-2005, 05:37

BrugmansiaBrujo is a decent psychonaut.BrugmansiaBrujo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1
Bhang is a beverage recipe from India, I believe. Here's a recipe.

Last edited by Shampoo; 22-07-2009 at 18:31. Reason: Added correct link
Old 15-08-2005, 20:10

Male from United States
It sounds very interesting when you say that it is "speedier," or
stimulating, which I really want to try. I had a really bad
falling out with Mary last weekend, smoked some real nasty shwag (like
1/2 O's worth in 2 days) and then ended up eating the rest of it for
the hell of it. All I wanted to do was lie around the
house. I was so fucking stoned and grounded it sucked, like I was
being pulled to the ground. Not chill-out weed, this was like "my
life sucks make it seem worse" weed. I only like real heady-shit,
that'll disorient things, make you hear voices, etc. Ugh.

So needless to say I'm up for something stimulating in the realm of Mary.

Old 29-10-2006, 21:16

38 y/o Male from United States
amblerg needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Re: Weed into Alcohol

would moonshine whiskey 90+ % alcohol be ideal for this?
Old 29-10-2006, 23:02

Male from Canada
Senor Gribson is a decent psychonaut.Senor Gribson is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 177, Level: 2 Points: 177, Level: 2 Points: 177, Level: 2

the reason vodka is normally used for extractions is because it has nothing dissolved in it, so it can absorb the most thc. any other alcohol has lots of chemicals dissolved in it other than water and ethanol.
80-90% whisky should work fine though, assuming it is not a very dark whiskey.

(also, swim should assume this whiskey is not 90+% if it is moonshine, 90% is a very hard level to reach with a home still)
Old 29-10-2006, 23:54

27 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4

Quote:
The dose depends on you, and how much Pot you smoke. Two droppers-ful is a pretty Good dose for me. One will provide a little Zing.
When SWIsolidly says "dropper full", do you think he means like get the tincture in a one-ounce eye dropper bottle, and drop 1-2 drops under your tongue, or like empty the the one ounce dropper bottle under your tongue? If he means 1-2 drops is enough, holy hell! This has to be the best way to get the most bang for your buck. If he means you need 1-2 ounces of tincture to get off, SWIM will stick with eating.

Share this on:

Tags
am-2201, cannabidol, cannabinoid, cannabis, cannabis cooking, cannabis tincture, herpes simplex virus, marijuana tincture, thc, tincture, tincture of cannabis