Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Phenethylamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Phenethylamines Phenethylamines and amphetamines.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:23

37 y/o Male from Japan
xameleonx needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
2C-X and telepathy

Delete

Post Quality Evaluations:
read the freaking rules!!! no asking for sources
Interesting subject. You've shown great patience with your critics in this thread, and good idea to bring it back on topic rather than try and convince disbelievers. Kudos.
Blatant disregard for the rules

Last edited by xameleonx; 14-12-2011 at 11:03. Reason: restore op
Old 12-11-2008, 20:28
Banned

Male from Germany
wintrojan2k is a decent psychonaut.wintrojan2k is a decent psychonaut.
Re: 2C-X and telepathy

SWIM has used 2c-i,b,e,c and a few other variations a number of times, more so 2c-i/b/e. SWIM has never been able to read ones mind, nor has Swim had any others that he has known over the years report such. While experiences vary and I'm not here to tell you what you did or didn't experience, I find the notions of being able to read ones mind likely part of the "trip", and not some true telepathic experience brought on by use of some compound from the 2C family, just SWIM's 2 cents. SWIM will say his only interest in the 2C compounds is purely recreational, opposed to some notion of some great insight or discovery... SWIM welcomes the madness

Last edited by Phenoxide; 30-11-2011 at 14:23. Reason: post restored
Old 13-11-2008, 11:03
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from United Kingdom
3rd_high is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Dodgy.. sending sources via telepathy?

SWIM always wondered where to get 2C* stuff from, maybe SWIM should open their mind and receive the guidance necessary
Old 13-11-2008, 13:01
Gold Member

32 y/o Male from Spain
Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,445, Level: 5 Points: 1,445, Level: 5 Points: 1,445, Level: 5
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I think you're not supposed to post links to other forums. Read the rules.

As for the topic, no offense but I'm sick of people telling stories about getting physic powers when doing some drigs. I've seen it with DMX, LSD, Shrooms and now the 2-C's. I just don't buy it. I don't believe in such thing. If SWIY experience something like that, it's just not real even if real is just pure coincidence.

A certain ape had great ideas and revelations about the meaning on life while intoxicated, only to know they were ridiculous when back to normal.

I definitely would have liked to write a more interesting 600 post
Old 13-11-2008, 13:13
Titanium Member

Male from United States
polidelaiko is captain of the psychonauts.polidelaiko is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 216, Level: 2 Points: 216, Level: 2 Points: 216, Level: 2

SWIM thought he had telepathy on shrooms once, but he later talked to his friend, (the one he was sending his thoughts to) and he said he didn't "heard" anything.
On the other hand, he had almost same thoughts with another guy, another time, another drug: selegiline. But it was more like sincro-thinking.
Old 13-11-2008, 20:24

37 y/o Male from Japan

delete

Last edited by xameleonx; 14-08-2009 at 09:27. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-11-2008, 20:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Wierd Logic is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1

Please please please be quiet. To believe that 2C compounds cancause telepathy requires a belief in telepathy itself. If we did a poll on this forum I'm sure most would say they don't believe in it. It is more than possible that one feels connections to other on empatheogenic drugs - and with psychedelics this could easily turn into thinking you can read thoughts or transmit silent messages. However, I personally and I'm sure most others here don't believe that such a thing is actually happening.
Old 13-11-2008, 21:48

37 y/o Male from Japan

delete

Last edited by xameleonx; 14-08-2009 at 09:27.
Old 13-11-2008, 22:33
Gold Member

32 y/o Male from Spain
Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.Lehendakari really adds to the discussion.

Well you know, faith can move mountains, I still don't buy it.

You have some scketchy references, personal experience and a lot faith.
Old 13-11-2008, 22:38
Banned

Male from Germany
wintrojan2k is a decent psychonaut.wintrojan2k is a decent psychonaut.

When SWIM used DOC a few times back he was speaking to his iguana and his iguana spoke to him, yet his mouth didn't move, but he spoke. Now when SWIM was "sober" he knew that his iguana had no knowledge of the Spanish-American war, yet he had a great deal to share when SWIM was talking to him whilst tripping
Old 13-11-2008, 23:16

37 y/o Male from Japan

delete

Last edited by xameleonx; 14-08-2009 at 09:28.
Old 14-11-2008, 02:30
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10

Omg... where to begin.

First, I don't think swiy is even remotely capable of making credible observations concerning telepathy during a psychedelic drug experience.

Second, your references for reinforcing the idea of telepathy fail on one fundamental points.
Yes, it is possible to control electronic devices with a trained mind. But you need special instruments to detect, interpret, and transmit the electrical patterns of the brain. And that's only after some training and a lot of practice. No device will ever be able to read one's mind due to the simple fact that everyone's brain is structured differently. A thought in swims brain is not at all physically nor chemically similar to the exact same thought in swiys brain. The brain develops in a very different fashion than any other organ. Telepathy would be a fantastic thing, but the facts simple don't support it.

Jasim added 7 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Sorry, that was a little jumbled...on my second or third cape cod for the evening.

Last edited by Jasim; 14-11-2008 at 02:30. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-11-2008, 09:45

37 y/o Male from Japan

delete

Last edited by xameleonx; 14-08-2009 at 09:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-11-2008, 09:52
Gold Member

32 y/o Male from Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by xameleonx View Post
The pineal gland is occasionally referred to as the "third eye" in occult religions, and is believed by some to be a dormant organ that can be awakened to enable telepathic Telepathy from the Greek , tele "distant", and , patheia "feeling", is the supposed ability to communicate information from one mind to another, and is one form of extra-sensory perception or anomalous cognition. This information is generally reported as communication.
The Pineal Gland produces a chemical called DMT, N,N-dimethyltryptamine an extremely short-acting but very powerful psychedelic.
Seriously, it's going to be very hard to argue with about this if you keep throwing those pieces of "scientific" information.

DMT and the pineal gland? Old story, never heard of anyone relating this to telepathy, it could be a valid explanation to near death experiences and stuff like that but telepathy and DMT? That is new.

Anyway I think is good to have faith, but don't call it "evidence" cause it isn't, not even remotely.
Old 14-11-2008, 12:23
Titanium Member

Male from United States
polidelaiko is captain of the psychonauts.polidelaiko is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 216, Level: 2 Points: 216, Level: 2 Points: 216, Level: 2

Weird you don't mention harmine, which was once called "Telepathine".
Old 14-11-2008, 13:21
Gold Member

Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline

The only thing your sources say about findings is that people are more likely to have psy like experiences during or after psychoactive substance use. They fail to objectively define a psy experience. And a couple of sources you cited even state that they are not representative... none random sampling = invalid data.

It makes perfect sense to say that some under the influence will think they are having a mystical or psy experience, but are they? What actually constitutes a mystical experience anyway?

I hate to be such a critic but the truth is
All of this is subjective and any correlations are spurious.
Old 14-11-2008, 16:53

37 y/o Male from Japan

delete

Last edited by xameleonx; 14-08-2009 at 09:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-11-2008, 17:54
Gold Member

Well...
swim once thought he had a telepathic conversation with a dog while on dxm... Swim reports that it was a very pleasurable experience. Swim has also felt very connected with the world and others around him during psychedelic use.
Old 15-11-2008, 01:55

31 y/o Male
damageplanner should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

people ask if i am a psychic blatantly, twice, i am done with the legal 2c x
i like to breatheeeeeeeeeasy

i think that we are mathmaticians, as, intuitive, we take in conversation and do with out thinking act through inaction

it is guess work, sure you can say someting second before someone else does, it is like math, you got fundamentals and your intuitive sense leads you to make the right move which appears as telepathy

now if you want to read russian and other studies about proven telepathy then do so, i cannot entertain them as i prefer quantum physics, or more accuratey buddhism and such, science

that is all i can say, hope you got a liscense to appear insane, because you mention that elsewhere and you will be in loony bin

consider it math and intuitive sense guessing wisely, just modify your terms and be safe bro

be sage bro.......over and out

dork vedic, they call me
Old 17-11-2008, 20:29

37 y/o Male from Japan

delete

Last edited by xameleonx; 14-08-2009 at 09:28.
Old 17-11-2008, 21:07
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
Raoul duke420 is a decent psychonaut.Raoul duke420 is a decent psychonaut.

Damn I would think this group would be a little more open minded regarding such a topic. Anyway, swim has had a telepathic expieriance with 2 other friends when all on LSD and mdma, swim remembers having conversations but none of us were actually speaking with our mouths, swim has also talked to another person who had a telepathic expieriance while candyflipping and swim is sure there are plenty more.
Old 17-11-2008, 23:17
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Synesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline Medline
Points: 5,823, Level: 11 Points: 5,823, Level: 11 Points: 5,823, Level: 11
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasim View Post
For the above, Agreed. But there are much more definitive studies with more controls that show that in altered states these 'psy' phenomenon do increase substantially. Human consciousness still holds many mysteries, we would be fools to think we have it all figured out. The history of science tells us that every time we think we have it all figured out, in reality we never have.

Well, I'm a hard skeptic of these things and always have been, but I'm a skeptic with a very open mind. I have found over the years a few good scientific studies in journals that support the idea of some sort of unconscious link between peoples minds and thoughts, and the possibility that altered states make it easier to access these connections in some way. Call it "telepathy" if you want. I could go all quantum theory on you an speak about quantum entaglement between particles and how its been shown that altering one particle on one side of the universe can instantaneously effect particles billions of lightyears away on the other side of the universe, but this still remains to be linked adequetly to psy phenomenon in my opinion. Though I am a fan of Dean Radins work on this.

One thing I think needs to investigated more is sleep telepathy (being an altered state of consciousness like that induced by drugs), because I've had my own experience with this, a number of times. I've dreamt of exact situations that happened a few days later, and one day I had the exact same dream as my brother, who was able to fill me in on what happened when he left my dream, which fitted mine with uncanny precision. Undeniable proof of telepathy? No way. But it happened.

Studies show that around 50% of us claim to have had a telepathic dream, where we've somehow recieved information without the use of our normal senses. Some good scientific studies on this were performed in the 1970's by Stanley Krippner et al, now often reffered to as the maimonides studies. And they did show appreciable results.

TELEPATHY AND DREAMS: A CONTROLLED EXPERIMENT WITH ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAM-ELECTRO-OCULOGRAM MONITORING. Journal of Nervous & Mental Disease. 151(6):394-403, December 1970.
KRIPPNER, STANLEY PH.D.; ULLMAN, MONTAGUE M.D. 1

An Experimental Approach to Dreams and Telepathy: II. Report of Three Studies Am J Psychiatry 126:1282-1289, March 1970

Quote:
On each night a target (art print) was randomly selected by an agent who spent the night in a distant room attempting to telepathically influence the subject's dreams, which were monitored by EEG techniques and tape recorded. Typed transcripts were sent to outside judges fbr blind comparisons with the targets. For each study, the ratings given the actual target-transcript combinations were significantly higher than those given the incorrect target-transcript combinations.
And studies since then have shown a small, but quite consistant, correlation between the dreams of the subject and what the other person is seeing and trying to make them dream about.

Heres a slightly more up to date publication on these experiments and the work done since:

A Review of Dream ESP Studies Conducted Since the Maimonides Dream ESP Programme
Source: Journal of Consciousness Studies, Volume 10, Numbers 6-7, 2003 , pp. 85-109(25)

Quote:
Abstract:
We review the dream ESP studies conducted since the end of the Maimonides research programme. Combined effect size estimates for both sets of studies suggest that judges could correctly identify target materials more often than would be expected by chance using dream mentation. Maimonides studies were significantly more successful than post-Maimonides studies, which may be due to procedural differences, including that post-Maimonides receivers tended to sleep at home and were generally not deliberately awakened from REM sleep. Methodological shortcomings of some studies are discussed. Nevertheless, home dream ESP research has been successful and continues to be a less expensive and less labour-intensive alternative to sleep-laboratory-based research. We hope that interest in dream ESP research will be re-awakened.
And documentary was made about this work and aired by the BBC, which I uploaded here if U wanna check it out:

secrets of sleep - sleep telepathy Pt2 of 2

Part one is more just anecdotal stories than the more interesting scientific research. The odds of chance explaining the results of the experiments has been since calculated to be 75,000,000 to 1. Which is hardly a negligable ratio, statistically speaking.

And those interested in this may want to check out the gamsfeld experiment, especially the work done on this at Edingburough Universities psychology department, but now also many other universities around the world. Theres also various studies done with twins that show when they are separated from each other when one is shown an emotional stimulus their galvonic skin responce will jump at the same time, even though one of them is miles away from the other and is unaware of when this happened. And studies that show people respond emotionally to pictures milliseconds before they actually see them. Might post some info about these studies when I've more time. And the're plenty of other studies that suggest there is some type of subtle effect. You just need to know where to look. Its very easy to buy into garbage in this area, so keep to the respected scientific journals only. Might start a new thread actually now I've been reminded of this.
Old 18-11-2008, 00:32
Gold Member

Thank you Synesthesiac. You are wise to skeptically maintain an open mind, lol. It's not that I disbelieve in psy abilities or experiences, but I don't think we have yet developed the proper methods to be able to study such things. Unfortunately, there are a lot of quacks out there that know just enough to be dangerous for this area of inquiry. They shed a lot of doubt on the entire field and turn good scientists away as it popularly becomes considered a pseudo science without any foundation. Perhaps when we learn enough about the workings of the brain, more light will be shed on the subject of psy abilties and telepathy.
Old 19-11-2008, 00:27

37 y/o Male from Japan

delete

Last edited by xameleonx; 14-08-2009 at 09:29.
Old 21-11-2008, 03:00
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from USA - Tennessee
Ilsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasim View Post
The only thing your sources say about findings is that people are more likely to have psy like experiences during or after psychoactive substance use. They fail to objectively define a psy experience. And a couple of sources you cited even state that they are not representative... none random sampling = invalid data.

It makes perfect sense to say that some under the influence will think they are having a mystical or psy experience, but are they? What actually constitutes a mystical experience anyway?

I hate to be such a critic but the truth is

yeah, the anecdotal evidence is simply not substantiated by any scientifically conducted research. there is no definition of the phenomenon, no hypothesis as to its biological mechanism, no repeatable experiments conducted, and therefore very little evidence for it's existence.

this may sound odd, but ppl need to think critically when considering an experience on any potent psychoactive substance...sensory overload causes hallucinations, but we don't assume they are real. there are even cases of synesthesia, but that's another topic, however enticing. someone may feel very strongly about a supposed telepathic experience induced by x y or z but that doesn't make it reality.

Share this on:

Tags
2c-b, 2c-x, amphetamine, drug, salvia, telepathy