Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

The euphoric body Physical sides of drug use.

Old 07-11-2008, 15:26
Silver Member

38 y/o Male
Gappa is a decent psychonaut.Gappa is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 526, Level: 3 Points: 526, Level: 3 Points: 526, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What is the LONGEST time you have gone without sleep

I figured this was an appropriate place to post this ?.
SWIM used to abuse the $hit outta speed so SWIM is no stranger to the "marathon" meth run. SWIM was awake on his longest recorded run for 14 days straight without sleep using + or - a gram of shards a day.
SWIM was crashed for 3 weeks after that.
That was a very bad time of swims life and living in a shithole area of the USA.
SWIM hasn't done any speed or coca products in 4 years or so mind you so I can look back and reflect how horrible it really was for mind and body.

To all those out there suffering from stimulant addiction, my heart goes out to you all and may God give you strength to beat this disease.
Old 07-11-2008, 15:46
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United States
drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.
Points: 1,405, Level: 5 Points: 1,405, Level: 5 Points: 1,405, Level: 5
Re: What is the LONGEST time any SWIY's have gone without sleep

14 days is crazy!!!
the longest swim went with out sleep is about 6 days, when he was forced to detox heroin cold-turkey while doing a stint in jail for 30 days.
Old 07-11-2008, 15:53
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from United Kingdom
3rd_high is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1

SWIM once had a competition with the boys in the YMCA (when SWIM was living in the hostel) who could stay awake the longest, one by one they all dropped off and it was down to SWIM and SWIMS mate who were actually hallucinating by day 4 and dont think they got beyond that. Incredibly SWIM was smoking spliffs and used no stimulants for the duration.

Last edited by 3rd_high; 07-11-2008 at 17:14.
Old 07-11-2008, 16:01
Silver Member

38 y/o Male

4 days is unreal without either stims or being in WD from opi's.
Drugbot I know you were HATIN life with nothing to ease the WD's like clonidene or benzos
around day 8 started some really crazy halucinations. It starts with those "whatchaseezumms" out of the corner of your eye to full blown "waving walls and floors"
then come the weird whispers and by that time you are to tweaked and delerious the flashes of color are finally the brain's way of saying permanent damage is being done! Stop now or you will die.
SWIM fared well and made it through those years with his faculties intact and abilities to perform extremely tedious electronic and electrical diagnostics.
Oh yea swim has had friends who over the years have developed that junkie slow talk. When SWIM smoked pot back in his teens he would "zone out" and just felt that pot induced "duh uh huh" kinda talk

Post Quality Evaluations:
very true insight

Last edited by Gappa; 07-11-2008 at 16:24.
Old 07-11-2008, 16:22
Palladium Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

I think it's about 4 days. SWIM used to love sleep deprivation, helps bring about a i don't give a fuck attitude.
Old 07-11-2008, 16:41
Silver Member

38 y/o Male

I would be surprised if noone tops a 14 day run! Although SWIM was in competition form as a semi-pro bodybuilder and jacked up on IM inj Sustenon 250 and all forms and blends of testosterone. 250lbs and 10% bodyfat. SWIM could go to raves and dance all night go to the gym during the day and repeat over and over for weeks on end tweaking the whole time, no sleep for long stretches, 4 to 9 days was about the "norm" if you could call it that.
Those are what we old timers call the "Good Ol Days" or nights..lol
Old 07-11-2008, 21:36
Banned

44 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Dickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12

Ok. I've posted this elsewhere, but Gappa has kindly asked me to share here. In a fantasy book I once read about a hypothetical dream....

I think 14 days is my record too (certainly 7-10) It was an i.v. amphetamine run back when I was young (18-19), and I remember going 14 days and night without sleep, but it was more than half a lifetime ago so who knows? I don't think this is just bravado, but I can't guarantee it. I was getting somewhat psychotic by the end of things, but I kept myself sane-(ish?! Am I ever sane? lol) by lying down for at least 3 hours a night even if I wasn't sleeping. I had to put myself in a somewhat artificial lying on my back position as it was the only way I could lie still. I used to listen to Alan Bennet reading Wind the Willows or Whinnie the Pooh to help me relax or sometimes a Peter Cook and Dudley Moore tape I had, I think the one with the horse race on it (you know "It's the prick, being followed by the wanker...." etc. i.e. all the horses are obscenities!)

I've done a 7-10 stretch (possibly 14 if you exclude micro-sleeps) when I did my first methadone detox in rehab. That time I did see a sort of black ghostly figure but I knew it wasn't real, it was at night in a dimly lit room.

There are documented cases of people who never sleep. Currently at age 38, doing 10 days with only 1-2 hours sleep a night a few days back, again in opiate withdrawal is more than enough sleep deprivation for me thank you very much. Never again! lol

Last edited by Dickon; 07-11-2008 at 22:51. Reason: To not self incriminate. But I've already done that. So let's put something silly in here: wibble wibble wibble!
Old 07-11-2008, 22:10
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.
Points: 1,920, Level: 6 Points: 1,920, Level: 6 Points: 1,920, Level: 6
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

SWIPA stayed up for 7 days on a meth binge. That night (the 7th) he was trying to cut out 6 huge lines for him and his friend to each do 3. He had a big picture in a frame from off of the wall. He would get the lines almost all the way cut out and then......
.....wake up about 60 seconds later with scattered powder all over his arms and all over the frame and the floor. He would shake his head a few times to try and wake himself up more and begin to cut them out again and then.......
Well, I cant really tell you how much longer this went on for but he ended up just eating all of whatever powder was left on the frame - probably about a 1/4 gram and shortly after that he passed out on the couch that all this had taken place on. His friend had already passed out. He woke up 12 hours later, relocated to a bed and then slept for another 12 hours.

SWIPA is glad he doesn't fuck around with that shit anymore. He was a meth addict for about 9 months. Too many dangers with that shit. Not to mention it makes you look like shit too. Staying up for long periods of time like that is extremely strenuous on the body and the mind. The one thing he misses most about speed/meth though is getting tweeked, locking himself in his room and jacking off for 3 days straight. He has never encountered a better feeling than that. Sorry, but anyone who says they don't masturbate furiously on meth is full of shit!
Old 07-11-2008, 22:39

Male
doggy_hat is captain of the psychonauts.doggy_hat is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2

Damn, SWIM's never been addicted to any hard drugs, so he Couldn't imagine 5 days, let alone 2 weeks! the longest for SWIM was about 3 days He got arrested at a party while he was really high on adderall. That night he had been taking XR's orally, about 100-150mg with no tolerance. The adderall kept him up for the first 1st night, and the combination of crashing and being in jail for his first time made him feel so horrible that he couldn't sleep for the other 2 nights.

Without the aid of Stimulants, SWIM can't even handle 24hours.
Old 08-11-2008, 00:17
Silver Member

38 y/o Male

X-nay the pullin on ur chicken there Mr Psycho Activities. What's wrong with holing up with a hot chick 4 a few days and wearing that thang raw dog.. XTC with a dash of K is SWIMG's fav for deep core drilling. They say it'll stretch a mile before it'll tear an inch. It's comparable to rubbing 2 sticks together to get fire, the harder you rub the more tired and frustrated you get, but when it happens, sheer joy! lol
Old 08-11-2008, 01:49
Gold Member

29 y/o Male from United States
jduba is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2

TINA has kept swim up for 16days when swim used to be hardcore tweaker that was when he first started shooting the drug and mixing with coke and adderall would never recommend this and almost ended his life swim wouldnt recommend anything more than 4 days EVER be safe
Old 08-11-2008, 02:12
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.
Points: 1,920, Level: 6 Points: 1,920, Level: 6 Points: 1,920, Level: 6
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gappa View Post
X-nay the pullin on ur chicken there Mr Psycho Activities. What's wrong with holing up with a hot chick 4 a few days and wearing that thang raw dog.. XTC with a dash of K is SWIMG's fav for deep core drilling. They say it'll stretch a mile before it'll tear an inch. It's comparable to rubbing 2 sticks together to get fire, the harder you rub the more tired and frustrated you get, but when it happens, sheer joy! lol
Cause SWIPA hasn't found a chick that could keep up with him on that shit! Honestly! He could have a chick with him the whole time but in between fucking her and when she wants to stop He'd still be strokin'! lol. Not to mention that SWIPA is a very ugly guy and it's hard for him to get laid (lol j/k).
One of the reasons he quit. Thats all he'd do on that shit. Dextroamphetamine as well!
But yeh anyway.... sorry not tryin to hijack this thread with methsturbation stories!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:18
Silver Member

38 y/o Male

Sometimes it's hard to find a chick that's either down with doing the same shit u r. Or SWIPsycho Activities could do some spike'n. SWIM admits his clone used to spike drinks. A little off topic but.. People never used to know what to expect when they were around my crew... I had a Birthday party it was like my 24th bday and my parents, and sister with her police officer dickhead Ex-bfriend and our whole crew was there. I used to have a margarita machine that makes frozen drinks... The whole batch got spiked with 30 pills of double stacked MDMA! That was CRAZY. SWIM was young and did some really stupid things when he would be high, SWIM is a very different person nowadays so don't think he still does this type of shit.
SWIM and his wingman used to spike with small amounts with Methamphetamine in our G-friends coffee or drinks and watch em tweak and clean the house and just laugh at em cause they couldn't figure out why they had so much energy and couldn't stop doing chores..lol The down side is they would be awake for 2 days and figure out eventually they had been "chemically manipulated".lol
Any other SWIY's have any comments???

Gappa added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Man it's 4am and I'm off an a tangent..lol

Last edited by Gappa; 08-11-2008 at 08:18. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2008, 08:21
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male from United States
dyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13
Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0%

10 days is the longest SWIM went, with maybe 3-4 30 minute increments of passing out and waking right back up. That was from withdrawing tho, not stims.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:26
Silver Member

38 y/o Male

TINA??? Ahhhhhh yes this is a "same sex" term. SWIM is from Washington DC BABY. Rule of thumb.. The gays always got the best drugs.. I used to have LOTS of gay friends even lived with a gay couple "rented room" for quite awhile. No. I am straight and married now with two boys.
Old 10-11-2008, 23:58
Titanium Member

Male from United States
herostyle is captain of the psychonauts.herostyle is captain of the psychonauts.herostyle is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2

Only 2 days for me
Old 11-11-2008, 00:36

Male
discodave is captain of the psychonauts.discodave is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 306, Level: 2 Points: 306, Level: 2 Points: 306, Level: 2

swims was about a week. check out fatal familial insomnia, those people go months without sleeping. can normal people do that? if not, perhaps by examining the fatal insomnia people they could determine how to limit sleep. try googling CX717, this drug is supposed to block some of the negative sleep depravation effects. anyone got a home cook receipe?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:42
Silver Member

38 y/o Male

I have heard from certain "medical sources" anything after 9 days can be life endangering. This of course varies greatly between individuals because of age, race, gender, physical conditioning, drugs being used, mental stability, nutrition, and lifestyle.
What might be fine for a young physically fit guy in the prime of his life, might be fatal for a 60 year old man that eats McD's all his life and idea of exercise is walking to the reefer for another 40oz shlitz malt liquor.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:53

Male from United States
MiMoMo really adds to the discussion.MiMoMo really adds to the discussion.MiMoMo really adds to the discussion.MiMoMo really adds to the discussion.MiMoMo really adds to the discussion.MiMoMo really adds to the discussion.MiMoMo really adds to the discussion.

Staying awake. Yearning for permanent presence. Not wanting to give up continuous consciousness. Daring not miss even a single moment. Straining to see around every 24-hour corner and personally witness the eerie folding of day into night into day into night into...

Eventually, the altered state of awareness caused by sleep deprivation takes on a life of its own, a growing ghoul finally dominating the means of stimulation. Panthers007, in a prior incarnation as Nagagnog, had this to say about forum posters habitually going without sleep for days on end, "I've never thought of becoming psychotic as a potential hobby. Interesting." Classic Nag!

Here's where the forum search engine really shines. Hunting for threads with the words 'awake' or 'sleep' in the title kicks out a veritable treasure trove, ranging from the stoic staying awake all on their own power, to perpetuating wakefulness with the help of chemical friends. There's the thread with cocaine stimulation: http://www.drugs-forum.co.uk/forum/s...ighlight=awake
And with adderall assistance: http://www.drugs-forum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=44084&highlight=awake

SWIM's own pursuit of extended vigilance would commonly last for a week at a time while managing a nightclub. On the approach of his 50th birthday, SWIM rallied the forces for 10 days and nights straight, culminating with a private celebration of what he thought was the big five oh day. Alas, in SWIM's confusion, recalculation showed SWIM to be only 49, not 50. Admittedly, SWIM confesses to have entertained the idea of then staying awake for the entire next year, to celebrate the real 50 right proper . Reading all posts relating to staying awake the longest, SWIM finds the wide-eyed title is held by a poster 'Manda', proclaiming a full month of insomnial nirvana!

SWIM's best friend, music man at the club, DJ Dust recently wrote a fictional poem that describes someone's experience perfectly.

Bo's Ten Days ( (a) Happy Birthday.)

I don't wanna eat,
Anymore,
I don't want sleep,
Anymore,
I don't wanna miss a minute
I'll sit here counting the seconds,
(counting) each and every breath,
If I stay awake-
. . . I know I'll stay alive,
(I know I'll still be alive)
With just me and my love,
I know I can survive,

These aren't walls.
This ain't shit.
I exist railed up.
Inside of my crypt.
Every hour that passes,
looks like the view,
Through some strangers glasses.

In those Ten Days,
I learned how to live,
It took only ten days,
To take all I had to give,
Now I'm here to tell the story,
Now I'm here to try to live.

I know that I'm alive,
I feel my heart beat -
Through my shirt,
I have my friend's love,
To shield me from hurt.
If I had a soul,
I'd have sold it,
For a couple of grams a day,
I've done everything,
To keep the world away

Last edited by MiMoMo; 15-11-2008 at 23:29. Reason: clarification, additional info, reduce font
Old 11-11-2008, 08:38

Male
discodave is captain of the psychonauts.discodave is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 306, Level: 2 Points: 306, Level: 2 Points: 306, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMoMo View Post
Alas, in SWIM's confusion, recalculation showed SWIM to be only 49, not 50. Admittedly, SWIM confesses to have entertained the idea of then staying awake for the entire next year, to celebrate the real 50 right proper
that's just greedy.

Last edited by discodave; 11-11-2008 at 15:31. Reason: because swim had no idea what swim was trying to write. don't get high and use the internet kids.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:16
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from Earth
Coconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,840, Level: 7 Points: 2,840, Level: 7 Points: 2,840, Level: 7
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

As far as I can remember, it was last Christmas, for about 36 hours. I woke up in the morning, was so engrossed in something (probably a game) that I didn't sleep, then stayed awake all the next day and finally slept at around midnight of day 2.

It was horrible. If I stayed awake much longer than that I would surely lose my sanity.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:33
Titanium Member

Male from United States
herostyle is captain of the psychonauts.herostyle is captain of the psychonauts.herostyle is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
As far as I can remember, it was last Christmas, for about 36 hours. I woke up in the morning, was so engrossed in something (probably a game) that I didn't sleep, then stayed awake all the next day and finally slept at around midnight of day 2.

It was horrible. If I stayed awake much longer than that I would surely lose my sanity.
Yeah if SWIM stays for up for more than 24 hours, it usually involves adderall and a game SWIM recently really got into.

Like one time SWIM believes it was counter-strike, and then madden 07.
Old 11-11-2008, 17:07
Silver Member

38 y/o Male

That's what Gappa's clone was talking about!!! The longer periods can only be attained by Dextro-methamphetamine. The older versions "Pink Champagne" were the real doosies. "Glass shards" produced more of the paranoia and "halucinary" effects but SWIM have actually witnessed certain associates going RIGHT TO SLEEP after doing in excess of a gram of shards, and yes they were very high quality. That to me is actually incomprensable.
Any other SWIYs have witnessed similar events unfold??
Old 11-11-2008, 18:37

28 y/o Male from United States
drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.
Points: 1,405, Level: 5 Points: 1,405, Level: 5 Points: 1,405, Level: 5

swim already posted his personal experience in this thread but thought this would be interesting-
Quote:
-The record for the longest period without sleep is 18 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes during a rocking chair marathon. The record holder reported hallucinations, paranoia, blurred vision, slurred speech and memory and concentration lapses.
http://www.abc.net.au/science/sleep/facts.htm
^ thats was intentional.
theres a very, very rare inherited neurological disease, called Fatal familial insomnia (FFI) that destroys the part of the brain responsible for sleep and kicks in around middle-age and is always fatal, theres no cure. people suffering from that have been awake for multiple months until they die, the typical thing is for a person to be awake 7 to 36 months before death.

heres a link to a short video about Fatal familial insomnia (FFI) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co94a...eature=related

even though its not the main topic of the post, swim thought the above info would be an interesting add-on. hope you guys enjoy it. -peace

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great post, and an interesting read, thanks!

Last edited by Alfa; 10-06-2009 at 22:00. Reason: spelling/ add
Old 11-11-2008, 19:14
Banned

44 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Dickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12

drug-bot,

I saw on TV, so it must be a true (!!), a documentary about a man who never slept. I can't remember whether he'd never slept as a child, or it was a result of an injury or some other reason, however the man was taken to a sleep clinic, and as far as all the experts could tell, he was being honest. He wasn't nodding off for a few minutes here or there, or blacking out, or anything else. I have absolutely no reason to doubt this story was absolutely genuine. He seemed in reasonable health. I'm not sure whether he was considered a true medical one-off, or simply a one-of-a-tiny-group-off! This does conflict with the standard prognosis for long term sleep-deprivation, viz death.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, addict, amphetamine, amphetamines, binge, coke, coming down, dextroamphetamine, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, meth, methamphetamine, sleep deprivation, sleep problems, smoking meth, weed