Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Caffeine & Coffee
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Caffeine & Coffee Caffeine, green tea, coffee, yerba mate, energy drinks.

Old 07-11-2008, 14:06
Palladium Member

Female from Tajikistan
0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline
Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Theobromine - dosage?

Hi..
theobromine is decribed as being similar to caffeine, yet milder and longer-lasting, having a more uplifting effect.

what would a good dosage for theobromine be?
Old 21-11-2008, 23:43
Silver Member

47 y/o Female from United Kingdom
humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.
Points: 370, Level: 3 Points: 370, Level: 3 Points: 370, Level: 3
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%
Re: Theobromine - dosage?

No answer? tsk, Im wanting to know the answer, so I will join you and sit in silence, until our required info comes along.
Offers cup of theocoffee (nice taste)
Old 22-11-2008, 00:01
Palladium Member

Female from Tajikistan
0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline
Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11

tried 300 mg (or was it 500?) was quite nice relaxing somethow motivating effects, similar to caffeine but milder
Old 07-12-2008, 00:25
Silver Member

47 y/o Female from United Kingdom
humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.
Points: 370, Level: 3 Points: 370, Level: 3 Points: 370, Level: 3
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%
Allady told me pass her experiences on

• body weight & gender - 140lbs female
  • dose taken - 3 grammes
  • route of administration - in a cup of chocolate
  • Setting: in what environment it was taken. - peaceful home
  • duration of main effects - none
  • main effects - none
  • side effects - none
  • after effects - sleep
  • rating of the experience 0
  • any other valuable information - she says she will experiment with more. She thought she was getting herbal speed.
Old 23-02-2010, 16:17
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10

Be careful. The effects of the methylxanthines are well documented. With regards to caffeine versus theobromine, caffeine has a greater effect on the central nervous system while theobromine has a greater effect on the heart. In fact, in very high doses theobromine is toxic due to it's cardiac effects.
Old 22-06-2010, 18:53
is not his mind

Male from Earth
NeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,116, Level: 21 Points: 21,116, Level: 21 Points: 21,116, Level: 21
Activity: 9.2% Activity: 9.2% Activity: 9.2%

I understand Theobromine is a vasodilator as well, while caffeine is a vasoconstrictor - yet they are both stimulants. How strange.
Old 23-01-2012, 19:04
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

The following is lifted from the site that is on top of Google when I search "theobromine dosage" (without quotes):
Please be careful when dosing Theobromine as it is a potent powder and can cause bad side-effects when taken well above the recommended amount. It is recommended not to consume more than 500mg (We recommended using digital scales) in one serving.

As a dietary supplement consume 500 mg one to two times daily.
"

As many here have said about supplements, manufacturers and resellers advise lower-than-safe doses just in case there is a problem for which they could be sued. Humdroid's 140 lbs. of humanity felt no effects, good or bad, from 3 grams. Seems to me that this supplement is useful for health and athletic purposes and possibly a very mild stimulant for those whose adrenal glands aren't fried by meth and other powerful substances, but it doesn't appear to be useful as a recreational drug. I'm glad about this because I don't want it to become illegal. I personally take it to counteract the vasoconstricting effects of other "supplements."

Last edited by Tech House; 16-08-2013 at 19:10.
Old 25-01-2012, 20:14
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
Dr. Chocoholic is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Around 3 tablespoons of high quality unprocessed cocoa powder with get certain athletes I've talked to very amped and ready to jump around.
They say sometimes 4 tablespoons is required if using "weaker" cocoa powder. They have enough experience that by consuming a test dose they will be able to tell whether to add more of less next time. They also say that they think the half life of theobromine in the body is less than that of caffeine. They usually have coffee in the morning for classes or work, and then cocoa in the evenings for workouts since it seems to wear off faster
Old 26-01-2012, 01:32
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3 Points: 615, Level: 3
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Update (2 days later): I'm in my 2nd week of taking between 500 and 1000 mg per day of pure theobromine, mainly for heart and blood pressure purposes and, as I said before, as a vasodilator. I do not notice any effects on mind or body, but I take quite a few herbs and supplements such as amino acids, vitamins, nootropics, and every purported male sexual health herb in the book. Wasting my money? Probably.

I found one study of the effectiveness of theobromine as an alternative cough remedy, using dosage of 32 mg/kg, which would be between 3.5 and 8 grams for most DF members. www.fasebj.org/content/19/2/231.full.pdf

Theobromine was slightly more effective than codeine as an antitussive. This is very interesting. I had not noticed that my own coughing (caused by allergies) stopped after I began using the supplement. Sweet!

Lethal dose for humans, according to one source (which I can't find now) was approximately 1000mg/kg, or roughly between 45 and 120 grams for people within typical weight range.

Post Quality Evaluations:
that article should be in the DF archives. Please link to it. Good reference!

Last edited by Tech House; 16-08-2013 at 19:12.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:45
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Earth
Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 425, Level: 3 Points: 425, Level: 3 Points: 425, Level: 3
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech House View Post
Update (2 days later): I'm in my 2nd week of taking between 500 and 1000 mg per day of pure theobromine, mainly for heart and blood pressure purposes and, as I said before, as a vasodilator. I do not notice any effects on mind or body, but I take quite a few herbs and supplements such as amino acids, vitamins, nootropics, and every purported male sexual health herb in the book. Wasting my money? Probably.

I found one study of the effectiveness of theobromine as an alternative cough remedy, using dosage of 32 mg/kg, which would be between 3.5 and 8 grams for most DF members. www.fasebj.org/content/19/2/231.full.pdf

Theobromine was slightly more effective than codeine as an antitussive. This is very interesting. I had not noticed that my own coughing (caused by allergies) stopped after I began using the supplement. Sweet!

Lethal dose for humans, according to one source (which I can't find now) was approximately 1000mg/kg, or roughly between 45 and 120 grams for people within typical weight range. ("Typical" has been defined by me here; if you're outside the range, please take no offense, the ass clown is known for making errors that may generate feelings of low self-worth, hostility, somnolence, toenail thrombosis, hyper-vigilance, and "ear flatulence syndrome" in persons who ingest carbohydrates.)
I find it odd that you aren't noticing any effects. Well, I guess caffeine has a much higher toxicity than theobromine when it comes to dosage, I suppose? All I know is that 1000mg of pure caffeine would cause some major panic attacks and nauseatingly sweaty speediness in many folks.

Share this on:

Tags
cacao, caffeine, dmt, drug, mdma, move to caffeine forum, recreational dose, theobromine, therapeutic dose